Welcome to Gaia! ::

i have to say i think im with akito, because ren i dont think was ever 'motherly' or anything to akito. after akira died, akito was (probably) raised by the maids. though i cant believe he did that to kureno.
here is a hiro and kisa sort of thing. User Image hope you link it.
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
"I've used up all of my sick days.."

I'm definitely on Akito's side. Ren was terrible and Akito deserved better, then maybe he wouldn't be the bully he is now =/.

"..so I'm calling in dead."
Ok, its annoying when everyone is on your side (besides, this thread has been really slow), so I shall play devil's advocate and try to get a debate going. Debates are fun!

Ok, Ren just wanted Akira to notice her. No one else did. She was the evil seductress in everyone's eyes. How can you blame her for wanting to get the attention of the one person who didn't think her evil/immoral? Akito was the one who stole that attention from her! Of course she'd be jealous! Of course she'd be angry. Besides, it's not like Akito has behaved any better.

(Hey, to anyone here who's not my friend, add me!)
MangledFate
indecisiveone
ahhhh...I need to start buying again! >.< I currently have 1-9, 11-12, and 15....>.<

Eh. I hate to buy series in chunks like that, but it's inevitable sometimes isn't it. Dx

yeah, same, but it either wasn't there or something else (or maybe cause I wanted to read the next volume, so I skipped buying the others... sweatdrop )
indecisiveone
MangledFate
indecisiveone
ahhhh...I need to start buying again! >.< I currently have 1-9, 11-12, and 15....>.<

Eh. I hate to buy series in chunks like that, but it's inevitable sometimes isn't it. Dx

yeah, same, but it either wasn't there or something else (or maybe cause I wanted to read the next volume, so I skipped buying the others... sweatdrop )
I ended up doing the same thing. I had borrowed all of them in order, so I wasn't too concerned with buying my own collection in order. I ended up liking later ones better, so I started buying those. But I didn't have all the early ones. Then it just became "which ones do I want."

Fashionable Gawker

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
- -
- -

Gaaah, I love volume 19. x)

- -
- -
Guttergoo
- -
- -

Gaaah, I love volume 19. x)

- -
- -
20's just as amazing. Things are really starting to escalate! You can start to see that in 19. I can't wait for the next.
Man, I finished the series, and I thought it was utterly fantastic, aside from the ending being so dragged out...

I'm going to state a few opinions and misunderstandings, so expect spoilers.

- First off, I love Kyou. No, seriously. But not that hot-tempered brat we met in the first chapter, but the one that gradually started to grow and account for all his wrongs, (or in his Dad's case, take the hit for something he honestly doesn't feel happened), and even became a gentle soul.

I like solemn Kyou. I like mature Kyou; a Kyou that can love. I liked seeing grudge-holding, hateful Kyou become that, because I honestly hated his character from the moment I picked up volume one, and now I sincerely call him my favorite. (Thanks to Takaya making me eat my words on that one, mind you.)

(However... Personality-wise, though, my favorite is Ayame. Ahaha.)

- Secondly, I love Akito, but I'm kind of taken a back by how her story concluded. Yeah, the crazy b***h is probably the most complex/bad a** character in the story, but that's just the thing... I mean, after twenty-something years of being forced to live under a male identity, I would expect her to have a little more psychological trauma than just going around making people blind.

Not to say it's not evident, or that she isn't beautiful in woman's attire, but wouldn't she have some set backs or issues with suddenly dressing in bows? It just felt to immediate... maybe it was a statement to fight off her hate for women? I'm not quite sure. Regardless, she's a total trip, and I love her for it. Genderbenderlove for her. <3

- Thirdly, Shigure: uh...? What exactly was he scheming...? I think I missed something... because I never quite grasped his clear intentions for his manipulation.

- Fourthly, poor poor Momiji! I know it would be entirely out of character for him, being the sweetheart he is, but I kind of wished he would be selfish enough to admit his feelings for Tohru. That guy and his endearment. Gah, he kills me.

- Fifthly, (yes, I've got quite a bit on my mind xD), I never quite understood why Tohru never had any feelings for Yuki. I support that of Kyou and Tohru, but wasn't Yuki the one that kissed her first? (On the head, I'm aware, but it was still a passionate kiss, in its own way.) I also respect Yuki since he deeply love Tohru in the way that excedes the boundaries of romantic, but also never crosses them, but...

That being said, I'm just not understanding why Tohru never quarreled on that issue- if I were to be charmed by him like he did in the first ten or so volumes, I certainly would develope some confusion or attraction towards him.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I normally don't develope crushes on people who hit me when I first meet them.

Besides the fact, I understand her feelings for Kyou and how they grew, I just don't... gah, it's almost like she started to ignore Yuki in the end, but not in a purpose-ful way, but I just think she should've had a spark somewhere in there. (At least in the beginning, anyway.) I guess I felt like he deserved more closure... being the first Souma she met and all, and not just with Machi

Despite my small disagreements, I thought it was a wonderful series. I'm planning on purchasing every single one, just so I can seal the gem in my library, because it truly is a series worth reading more than once.
Hey Pax! I've only read the first 20, so I didn't read your entire post. (as much as I'd like too.) I've been good with avoiding spoilers for the book. xp

I've been buying them as they come out. Refusing to read them online! 3 more books to go....
Oh, sorry. xD I can make the text white instead, if that's better. I just finished it this morning, and I needed a few things cleared up...
Pax et lux
Oh, sorry. xD I can make the text white instead, if that's better. I just finished it this morning, and I needed a few things cleared up...
I had no problems, but that was probably a good idea. 3nodding Thanks. I know we have at least one other member who has read them all.

Fashionable Gawker

6,550 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Pax et lux
Man, I finished the series, and I thought it was utterly fantastic, aside from the ending being so dragged out...

I'm going to state a few opinions and misunderstandings, so expect spoilers.

- First off, I love Kyou. No, seriously. But not that hot-tempered brat we met in the first chapter, but the one that gradually started to grow and account for all his wrongs, (or in his Dad's case, take the hit for something he honestly doesn't feel happened), and even became a gentle soul.

I like solemn Kyou. I like mature Kyou; a Kyou that can love. I liked seeing grudge-holding, hateful Kyou become that, because I honestly hated his character from the moment I picked up volume one, and now I sincerely call him my favorite. (Thanks to Takaya making me eat my words on that one, mind you.)

(However... Personality-wise, though, my favorite is Ayame. Ahaha.)

- Secondly, I love Akito, but I'm kind of taken a back by how her story concluded. Yeah, the crazy b***h is probably the most complex/bad a** character in the story, but that's just the thing... I mean, after twenty-something years of being forced to live under a male identity, I would expect her to have a little more psychological trauma than just going around making people blind.

Not to say it's not evident, or that she isn't beautiful in woman's attire, but wouldn't she have some set backs or issues with suddenly dressing in bows? It just felt to immediate... maybe it was a statement to fight off her hate for women? I'm not quite sure. Regardless, she's a total trip, and I love her for it. Genderbenderlove for her. <3

- Thirdly, Shigure: uh...? What exactly was he scheming...? I think I missed something... because I never quite grasped his clear intentions for his manipulation.

- Fourthly, poor poor Momiji! I know it would be entirely out of character for him, being the sweetheart he is, but I kind of wished he would be selfish enough to admit his feelings for Tohru. That guy and his endearment. Gah, he kills me.

- Fifthly, (yes, I've got quite a bit on my mind xD), I never quite understood why Tohru never had any feelings for Yuki. I support that of Kyou and Tohru, but wasn't Yuki the one that kissed her first? (On the head, I'm aware, but it was still a passionate kiss, in its own way.) I also respect Yuki since he deeply love Tohru in the way that excedes the boundaries of romantic, but also never crosses them, but...

That being said, I'm just not understanding why Tohru never quarreled on that issue- if I were to be charmed by him like he did in the first ten or so volumes, I certainly would develope some confusion or attraction towards him.

I don't know, maybe it's just me, but I normally don't develope crushes on people who hit me when I first meet them.

Besides the fact, I understand her feelings for Kyou and how they grew, I just don't... gah, it's almost like she started to ignore Yuki in the end, but not in a purpose-ful way, but I just think she should've had a spark somewhere in there. (At least in the beginning, anyway.) I guess I felt like he deserved more closure... being the first Souma she met and all, and not just with Machi

Despite my small disagreements, I thought it was a wonderful series. I'm planning on purchasing every single one, just so I can seal the gem in my library, because it truly is a series worth reading more than once.

Your username sounds veeery familiar. Do I know you from a Sukisho thread somewhere? Aside from that and staying on topic, I agree with the majority of your points, particularly the Yuki and Momiji bits~
Guttergoo

Your username sounds veeery familiar. Do I know you from a Sukisho thread somewhere? Aside from that and staying on topic, I agree with the majority of your points, particularly the Yuki and Momiji bits~

Probably the picture-post thread in the Yaoi guild; I remember.

:/ They were great characters, too. Not that I disliked their conclusions, just... umwhat?
I've started watching Fruits Basket again after reading the manga. I finally finished it! It has to be one of my favourites, really. heart

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff