K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

Magical Lunatic

Right Arm: Ukitake.
Left Arm: Yhwach.
Legs: Hogyoku/Aizen.

Brilliant stuff. Maybe Ichigo is one of the legs or will become the remaining leg, but at this point, who really gives a s**t about Ichigo. It's Aizen's time to shine.
Ukitake might as well be chanting "Deus Ex Machina... Deus Ex Machina".
I like Bleach and it's concepts, but some of these a** pulls are getting out of hand.
Ukitake just so happens to be possessed by a being that can become the anchor of the worlds?
And he just so happens to know a method to allow it to do that?

Unbeatable Noob

16,700 Points
  • Hunter 50
  • Statustician 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Naught Esquire Boy
Ukitake might as well be chanting "Deus Ex Machina... Deus Ex Machina".
I like Bleach and it's concepts, but some of these a** pulls are getting out of hand.
Ukitake just so happens to be possessed by a being that can become the anchor of the worlds?
And he just so happens to know a method to allow it to do that?
I haven't seen an asspull in Bleach in a while. I do believe that it was a dues ex machina but an asspull is a bit far. It's true Kubo could have foreshadowed it a bit but remember around Bleach 540 when Kybo came back from Break we saw utikate in front of some weird shrine.He must of knew the soul king would have died or atleast something to happen to him so he must have done something just in case it happens.

Romantic Lunatic

ImmaEffinAngel
I haven't seen an asspull in Bleach in a while. I do believe that it was a dues ex machina but an asspull is a bit far. It's true Kubo could have foreshadowed it a bit but remember around Bleach 540 when Kybo came back from Break we saw utikate in front of some weird shrine.He must of knew the soul king would have died or atleast something to happen to him so he must have done something just in case it happens.

There was a panel of him in some kind of fountain. The fans went wild. cat_wink

It makes sense that with something so important (if the Soul King goes down all of these worlds do too) that there would be a backup.

What if this is something that would have happened even if there wouldn't have been an attack? The Soul King looked like he was being eaten away or something, his arm and legs were nubs.

Phantom

This chapter was great~

Since Aizen was able to move freely without Shunsui using all three of the keys ( this makes me wonder if he even needed any be set loose in the first place... ), I figured he would be aware of Ywach's ability to see everything and that would be why he didn't make his move until now. Ywach has a big problem already right in front of him with Ukitake and can't do anything about Aizen so this would have been a wise time to act.

Besides, when Ywach tried to persuade Aizen to be on his side when the invasion began didn't his perception of time get messed with a little which almost screwed him over?

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
...this chapter could have really been combined in with last weeks chapter. Or at least part of it - how many scenes of Ukitake turning into the eye right arm thing that looks like a black gummi hand do we need? There's a lot of hype happening and I get that...but it all just seems to be drawing out a little much - and I have a feeling there won't be a payoff that's worth it in the end. (Not saying I wouldn't like one, just that I don't expect one after prior events)

I have mixed feelings on Aizen in general. Though it's hard to really protest him since it would be nice if someone saved the day that wasn't Ichigo for once. Even if that person happens to be a semi-sociopath 'bad guy'. I think it'd be cooler if he still wore his glasses, just cause bad guys with glasses are sexier and yes I'm a tad superficial like that XD

I hope we get to see some decent battles soon but at this rate they'll be 5 more chapters of people just getting to where they need to be. So maybe in a month or two? Getting a little tired of pages and pages wasted on little crap like 'opening a gate'. How many pages will eventually go to people walking through said gate and then arriving on the other side of it? That alone seems to be at least 3-4 chapters by itself. (noting the gate isn't actually open yet).

So yeah, we need more meat and less vanilla bs (or repeated from last chapter bs) that wastes so many panels.

Edited to add: This is what I see everytime they put the gummi hand on the screen:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Romantic Lunatic

Maybe he was just waiting for them to ask XD How long until he stops for tea.

Maybe the sealed him wasn't real emotion_dealwithit

I like all these reunions. Feels, man.

Spoopy Gekko

Yeeeah, I'm one of those people on the boat right now who is really tired of this stuff being dragged out for like 3+ chapters. They're wasting time quite honestly and it's annoying. Like really, we have been watching for the last three chapters Ukitake painfully taking forever to transform into a gummy slap hand thing while it's taking everyone else forever to open a damn gate. I mean, come on. :/

This is pretty ridiculous how obvious it is that they're just trying to drag this out. I don't know if it's for them to try and make more cash or if something is going on with Kubo again but, I do know I rather them take a break than drag this stuff out. The chapters have been so boring. It's sad because the only highlight really has been Aizen popping in and even then, that's not much of a highlight since I've disliked his character for a long time. Just personal preference but yeah. This slow pace is killing me.

Oh, I guess one other thing that surprised me was seeing Kurotsuchi just pop in all at once. That was one of those, "Wtf? Where did you decide to come from?" moments which brings me to another point. They have sooooo many gaps right now regarding a few of the missing captains and lieutenants that I wish they would have filled already in the meantime of this other stuff taking ages to finish.

I guess here's to hoping for better progress this week? :'c

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Now, is it just me...or is Aizen just floating around in a throne a bit cheesy? I'd of think it'd of been cooler if he'd of walked up instead of done a weird Dr. Evil thing:

User Image

"Cool guys don't walk on the ground..."

I mean, to a point I'm sorta glad he's there to ******** up some of the Quincy dude's plans, but at the same time I'm a little 'meh'. This whole story arch feels like filler to me...another chapter where nothing that interesting to me happened...hurrah? ./disappointed

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

The main problem I have with Bleach is the pacing. I complained about this several years back, but Kubo is notorious for all of these damned closeups, no backgrounds to speak of (for the most part) and having one or two bubbles in a panel at best. Bleach covers in a standard chapter what One Piece can cover in 3-4 pages or so. Looking over Fairy Tail, that seems to do similarly, but I guess it's just not as prominent since I don't really notice it.

I mean

come on

really?

Contrary to your belief, Kubo, I don't really read manga to stare at a sky. If you're gonna spam close ups, at least toss in some pantsu and Yoruichi's sexy-a** thighs. emotion_dowant

Indulgent Foe

23,875 Points
  • Party Animal 100
  • Bookworm 100
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
Laughing so hard because Aizen keeps playing King, refusing to appear anywhere without sitting on a damn "throne". lol

Also, Shuhei hanging out in all the panels with Yumichika and Ikkaku is kind of adorable, haha.
I miss Izuru-kun though ;_;

Sikhil's Wife

Shameless Firestarter

15,025 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Full closet 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
II Palmtop Tiger II
The main problem I have with Bleach is the pacing. I complained about this several years back, but Kubo is notorious for all of these damned closeups, no backgrounds to speak of (for the most part) and having one or two bubbles in a panel at best. Bleach covers in a standard chapter what One Piece can cover in 3-4 pages or so. Looking over Fairy Tail, that seems to do similarly, but I guess it's just not as prominent since I don't really notice it.

I mean

come on

really?

Contrary to your belief, Kubo, I don't really read manga to stare at a sky. If you're gonna spam close ups, at least toss in some pantsu and Yoruichi's sexy-a** thighs. emotion_dowant

So much of this post. I swear the past 5-6 chapters could have been summed into one.

Spoopy Gekko

I hardly ever pay attention to Fairy Tail's pacing since it really isn't that bad to me. Yes, there are times where it drags out but it's never excessive amounts it feels like.

But Bleach lately... omg. It's like I said a few weeks ago, this pacing is horrendous. I rather them take a break than have alllllll these empty space panels that have hardly any detail or content in general.

A compact chapter would be a thousand times better at this point in time than five chapters describing one event. How long have they been waiting to go through the gate now? Ten chapters or something? Idk, feels like that. It's terrible.

I mean, the anime didn't have the greatest pacing either but at least they cut a majority of the wasted time out/didn't drag things on as bad as the manga. They only really had a problem when it came to fillers.

What's going on with the manga's pacing I'd dare to say is worse than DBZ's pacing. No matter how much I love the DBZ series, that pacing was godawful and Bleach has felt worse than that lately. emotion_facepalm

At least there's consistency with Aizen and his ego requiring a throne every time he shows up somewhere? emotion_facepalm

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

BucketHead1693
I hardly ever pay attention to Fairy Tail's pacing since it really isn't that bad to me. Yes, there are times where it drags out but it's never excessive amounts it feels like.

But Bleach lately... omg. It's like I said a few weeks ago, this pacing is horrendous. I rather them take a break than have alllllll these empty space panels that have hardly any detail or content in general.

A compact chapter would be a thousand times better at this point in time than five chapters describing one event. How long have they been waiting to go through the gate now? Ten chapters or something? Idk, feels like that. It's terrible.

I mean, the anime didn't have the greatest pacing either but at least they cut a majority of the wasted time out/didn't drag things on as bad as the manga. They only really had a problem when it came to fillers.

What's going on with the manga's pacing I'd dare to say is worse than DBZ's pacing. No matter how much I love the DBZ series, that pacing was godawful and Bleach has felt worse than that lately. emotion_facepalm

At least there's consistency with Aizen and his ego requiring a throne every time he shows up somewhere? emotion_facepalm

Ah, I guess I misspoke on that. I didn't mean FT had bad pacing, but rather than the pages have only a few panels and relatively little content within the panels. That said, it's only similar to Bleach in that respect, but Mashima actually seems to worry about backgrounds and whatnot, and I'm not forced to stare at Natsu's foot for an entire fourth of a page. Got not too much going on in a single panel, but at least I get to look at pretty stuff.

Mashima's Friendship tropes aside, at least he manages to pace it fairly decently. To an extent, I suppose. One PIece just has a crapton more going on at once. So much so that I constantly have to re-read to remember what the hell is going on. Usually I forget a chapter five weeks later. xD

Edit: Do you say that as an anime watcher in regards to DBZ? Because I'll agree, the original anime is crappy with it's unnecessary fillers (DB Kai FTW). But I honestly don't recall the manga having bad pacing, in fact I'd say it was pretty good.

Spoopy Gekko

II Palmtop Tiger II

Ah, I guess I misspoke on that. I didn't mean FT had bad pacing, but rather than the pages have only a few panels and relatively little content within the panels. That said, it's only similar to Bleach in that respect, but Mashima actually seems to worry about backgrounds and whatnot, and I'm not forced to stare at Natsu's foot for an entire fourth of a page. Got not too much going on in a single panel, but at least I get to look at pretty stuff.

Mashima's Friendship tropes aside, at least he manages to pace it fairly decently. To an extent, I suppose. One PIece just has a crapton more going on at once. So much so that I constantly have to re-read to remember what the hell is going on. Usually I forget a chapter five weeks later. xD

Edit: Do you say that as an anime watcher in regards to DBZ? Because I'll agree, the original anime is crappy with it's unnecessary fillers (DB Kai FTW). But I honestly don't recall the manga having bad pacing, in fact I'd say it was pretty good.

Oh no, i totally get what you're saying. c: I mostly meant it as, I don't mind their pacing as much because they don't drag one scene out for several chapters while having empty panels, ya know? With FT, they may drag saaay the team confronting an enemy for the first time for a chapter or two with a few empty panels in between. They don't drag it out for 5+ chapters ( the soul king arm, I mean come on ) with a ton of low content/empty panels. FT at least tries to keep people busy with big speech bubbles in empty/background panels and keep the backgrounds detailed so they're pretty in order to hold people's interest. With Bleach... I feel like lately out of 15+ chapters, there's only really 5 full pages of content.

I'm used to most manga having faster pacing than FT and Bleach ( for example, Shingeki no Kyojin even though it doesn't do weekly releases ). However, Bleach really does have a turtle-pace going on. Kubo's fights are pretty fast/straight to the point and pretty; but it's like the filler conversations in between that he realllllly struggles with I've noticed.

And yeah, I meant the anime. c: The manga for DBZ was well paced from what I remember of the bits and pieces I've read of it. <3 But the anime's pacing is how I feel Kubo paces the non-fight scene situations these days lmfao.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff