I: Cang Du 0.10481586402266 10.5% [ 37 ]
J: Quilge Opie 0.022662889518414 2.3% [ 8 ]
K: BG9 0.01699716713881 1.7% [ 6 ]
Z: Giselle Gewelle 0.093484419263456 9.3% [ 33 ]
Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

DAMN IT...she strikes again...

At least I got the first post on the 1700th page
Really? Seems like the actual Central 46 haven't heard of Spirit Weed (wonder if there is such thing; they'd probably ban it, anyway), because they need to chill. "What? You two got the same sword spirit? That's one more thing you two bros got in common!" I'd like to see this. Central 46 high, for one day. SS might become the ghost equivalent of Disney Land.

Though I'd like to see a character in the Bleach series who actually IS a member of Central 46.

In my adv lit story plotting, a bloody rebellion took place, which pretty much ousted whatever remaining chunks left of the old system to the Dangai. Of course, this isn't to say that the new system of government is a 'righteous' system...
You ask me, that's exactly what they should've done. There's no need for a Central 46. Granted they need someone to be accountable to but given that Yamamoto is bosom buddies with everyone in there I personally see no need for that. It's not like he doesn't think like them or rule (inordinately). He knows how to rule and rule fairly; he organized the shinigami culture after all. Hmm, when you think about that he probably was the one to establish and empower the Central 46 in the first place...
Well, at the risk of sounding like a nerd, it seems to me like the Soul King did all this beforehand. It was like,"The job of governing... I dunno.. let some other dudes handle it... better them than me, now fork over the Twix." It's implied that Central 46 creates and imposes laws, while the role of Gotei 13 is to enforce them with authority. To me, I just get the feeling that the Soul King pretty much just dropped all the matters of ruling and sovereignty into the hands of delegates and officers, for whatever reasons 'it' had.
That's not implied, it's stated. The King's a king in name only; he neither rules nor governs in any sense of the word. Instead he sits on his royal duff and does.....whatever an ethereal king of world-binding proportions does, the subject of which could and never more looked good to be the subject of future chapters...
When I meant implied, I was referring to tasks delegated between Gotei and Central. And yes, I felt that the topic regarding the Soul King would be a good topic, among others such as Aizen mentioning he's been eyeing on Ichigo since he was conceived and him knowing about Ichigo's parentage.

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
doc olden
True, but then again the oppression in the Soul Society really only stems from one place, and it's not the shinigami: Central 46. As for the events of movie 2 I gotta say man that they aren't canonical. We can't really claim them as fact although it's entirely possible that Central 46 would come up with some archaic, stupidly draconian bullsh1t like that. As if it was hurting Soul Society to have two shinigami have the same zanpakuto, like that ish could really happen...

That's something I've actually been wondering about since I watched it two days ago. For two Shinigami to have the SAME zanpakuto, wouldn't they have to have the same soul? Since the zanpakuto of each person is unique to that person's soul? And don't go usin' Engetsu and Zangetsu as a counter-example, those are two DIFFERENT zanpakuto, just with very similar (Well I should say the same, but whatevs) attributes.

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

Heh. This is funny because I have a pair of NPC twins that share a Zanpakuto.

-giggles-

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
O_O *Was gone only for a moment and two pages already done*

;_; *Slow*
The whole thing about Quincies making an imbalanced soul-to-afterlife ratio never made sense to me. If the hollows were going to eat souls anyway, isn't it still better to kill it by Quincy means than let it continue consuming more souls, further making less of a return rate back to Soul Society?

For example, say a Hollow has been freshly spawned. He eats five human souls before being killed by a Shinigami. The Hollow gets reborn as their human self in some shithole slum in Soul Society, sure, but there were still five souls that will never get sent back.

Rewind, and pop in a Quincy, who finds the Hollow after it eats the first person's soul. Quincy kills Hollow. And now the balance has been kept in better order by four souls.

Clean Member

5,000 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hisa Amasawa
O_O *Was gone only for a moment and two pages already done*

;_; *Slow*

I feel the same. At least things are picking up. This thread felt kind of slow the last few weeks.

Canedo Tuxedo
The whole thing about Quincies making an imbalanced soul-to-afterlife ratio never made sense to me. If the hollows were going to eat souls anyway, isn't it still better to kill it by Quincy means than let it continue consuming more souls, further making less of a return rate back to Soul Society?

For example, say a Hollow has been freshly spawned. He eats five human souls before being killed by a Shinigami. The Hollow gets reborn as their human self in some shithole slum in Soul Society, sure, but there were still five souls that will never get sent back.

Rewind, and pop in a Quincy, who finds the Hollow after it eats the first person's soul. Quincy kills Hollow. And now the balance has been kept in better order by four souls.

I was about to point out that you are assuming the Quincy would arrive sooner than the Shinigami, but I just remembered that that is the point of Quincies. sweatdrop
However, when a Hollow eats a soul it gets stronger, closer to becoming a Menos. This growth in power suggests that the same amount of soul material is being kept in existence, but in fewer beings. When a Quincy kills a Hollow all the soul material just gets dissipated. Not a great argument, but it's how imagine it works.

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
Exactly Guest. Quincies just up and destroy hollows, while shinigami uphold the spiritual version of the Law of Conservation of Mass and Energy rofl

Friendly Explorer

9,000 Points
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Friendly 100
yuparoo! 4laugh

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

Huh, so I finally (apparently) got a good look at the translation for "Asauchi" and it turns out that it's "shallow hit" instead of "shallow hilt" as I've been reading all this time.

My way makes more sense if you ask me...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff