Other 0.39093484419263 39.1% [ 138 ]
Total Votes:[ 353 ]

5,700 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Forum Regular 100
Artiistic
Whoops forgot Riruka...
But truthfully, I think Jackie is gone due to the fact that she had self-destructed.
I find it weird that Kubo killed off these guys so quickly...

Perhaps he's trying to build up a sense of confidence in the Shinigami? That way whatever surprise he has in store for us is made more potent. Well... that only really works if the new-and-improved Shinigami are going to get their asses kicked soon.
I don't understand why you think Sushigawara is bad. He is a pawn, not evil. He's the perfect candidate for future good-guy status.

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

He's the probability guy, right? (can't keep up with people anymore like I used to be able to)

Canedo's right but I have no interest in him, personally.

Edit: Actually I kinda hate Kubo for making the only person I liked this arc (Riruka) into a bad guy. It's Gin all over, just not as cool.
Is that because of her breasts?

Unfavoured Guest
He could easily do the the same with a Fullbringer.

But what would be the point? These were people who sought to do defraud and do Ichigo great harm, after all, and on top of that who would you propose do that? I thought no one until Artiistic mentioned Shishigawara (whom I sincerely wish everyone would stop referring to as "Sushigawara" because he's cooler than that and it detracts more from his damaged rep) but then again he, too, was no better, and in fact was one Fullbringer who was against Ichigo since his introduction, even though Ichigo might not have known it.

Boy I have had a nice retrospective view on Bleach for the past couple of days. It all started when a couple days further back I began thinking on how interesting it would've been seeing Aizen in action before his defection, e.g. if he were storming Hueco Mundo alongside the other captains to put an end to the threat the Espada posed. (In particularly, I've often thought of just how badass it would've been to have "finally" seen Aizen's true power in the fight against Zommari, wherein he takes Byakuya's place and releases his illusory shikai). In the same way it only took Shunsui to reveal his shikai to ultimately defeat Stark, it would've been nice to see Aizen murk an Espada with only his Kyouka Suigetsu, you know?

Now I know that by now, most if not all who are reading this are probably turned off by the thought of Aizen fighting given his unbelievably haxxed performance for much of his appearance. Try to think about this, though, from the other side, the side where he's still on the good guys' side and protecting Seireitei. This interest lead me to watch the flashback episode based on the in-between negative chapter wherein the academic shenanigans of Rukia, Renji, Izuru, Momo, and Shuhei are detailed.

Just seeing Aizen strolling down the path between the throngs of shinigami students sent a chill up my spine. It was interesting thinking of Aizen as a captain again because he's such a powerful character, and at that time a powerful character on the heroes' side. In those days he was already on the level of SS's finest, (e.g. Unohana, Ukitake, and Kyouraku)- even more so given strong shinigami like Ichimaru and Byakuya weren't even captains then- and really only second to Yamamoto. The highlight of that episode, as some of you might guess, was when he and Ichimaru showed up and deuced those huge hollows they sent there in the first place. Poor things, especially the one Aizen handled. He didn't even use his sword; all it took was an outpouring of his reiryoku to thoroughly disintegrate it.

After that, I went and watched the hour special with Renji and Byakuya's fight, the Zaraki and Tousen-Komamura fight, and the beginning of Rukia's execution.

There were a couple of -interesting things I noticed in there, all of them sharing translations differing from the ones I'm used to.

The most interesting one I noticed was the dialogue between Tousen and Zaraki during the former's fight with the latter within his bankai. The first was that Tousen said "there's only one way of escaping the silent hell, and that's by running the outside". I've always been told that line said, "there's only one man that can escape the silent hell, and that is he who holds Suzumushi". Now while I know that the latter is true, I do have to say that I heard Tousen say the Japanese verb for "run". The second and more interesting translation difference I heard was when Tousen was fed up with Zaraki after the latter started smiling because he found a way to rout Tousen's bankai: the translation said that Tousen said "he's still laughing" which makes worlds more sense than "he's still smiling" given Tousen is after all blind. Then again, Zaraki simply smiled when he got the idea to get stabbed by Tousen to draw him out, so...

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

doc olden
Is that because of her breasts?

Actually, kinda. I'm rather fond of her breast size since huge breasts are a turn off for me. But other than that I thought she was cute and amusing, more so than the others in this arc, so yeah. = 3=
I know it's practically all I do anymore, but I maintain my paranoid contention that Bleach has been backwards from day1: The quincy were right, killing hollows is a good thing after all. The Shiba's were right, whatever got them dethroned was a good thing. The arrancar were right, the shinigami are corrupt. Aizen was right, the Soul King is evil. Ginjo was right, Urahara and Isshin are lying about something.

Yui Ichijo's Husbando

Fuzzy Fatcat

12,875 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Trader 100
I never said he was bad...

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

The Man in the Gimp Suit
I know it's practically all I do anymore, but I maintain my paranoid contention that Bleach has been backwards from day1: The quincy were right, killing hollows is a good thing after all. The Shiba's were right, whatever got them dethroned was a good thing. The arrancar were right, the shinigami are corrupt. Aizen was right, the Soul King is evil. Ginjo was right, Urahara and Isshin are lying about something.

Maybe the rest, but Urahara explained the balance of souls so why would you think the Quincy are right in that respect?
*Hold up x2. Whoa there.*

Taigaa, you gotta stop posting before me; I posed that question about breasts to Hazard as a joke rofl And then, thanks to my lengthy ideas, you and everybody and they momma wen and posted before me. I hate it when that happens. The sad things was I knew someone posted before me, but not as many I thought.

@Artiistic: I never said that you said he was bad; just that you mentioned him:

doc olden
Unfavoured Guest
He could easily do the same with a Fullbringer.
But what would be the point? These were people who sought to do defraud and do Ichigo great harm, after all, and on top of that who would you propose do that? I thought no one until Artiistic mentioned Shishigawara

Quote:
Well Ginjo and that Sushigawara guy are still alive, so there still is hope for the continuation of the fullbringers :>

What I meant was that I couldn't think of a Fullbringer that'd be "okay" enough to be left in the series until you mentioned him and Ginjou; as Tux said, he's the best candidate for a new start.

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

doc olden
Taigaa, you gotta stop posting before me

I utterly refuse.

Oh well, you learned new information?
Taigaa-tono
The Man in the Gimp Suit

Maybe the rest, but Urahara explained the balance of souls so why would you think the Quincy are right in that respect?
Wild guess based off a wild guess mostly, but the imbalance may not be such a bad thing and may not be quite as reality ending as it was made out to be. I mostly just threw it in there to add to the list of random reversals. In general I've kind of lost my grip on Bleach, anything I could try to predict I've done so for already and now I'm mostly just entertaining anything that comes to mind as I sit on my crackpot conspiracy eggs.
How could it not be earthshattering?
Perhaps there's a greater truth out there. Something that the Arrancars and Quincies couldn't grasp, but at the same time, SS wasn't shown in that much of a positive light. Their control do not span all over the land, and as a result, districts farther away from the Seireitei suffer quite a lot. Keeping in mind with the whole imprisonment of beings whose spiritual powers are far above normal and if you regard the events in the 2nd Bleach movie to be true, then it stands to reason that the Soul Society is more or less a bit oppressive.

Isasho's Wife

Supreme Demigod

It makes me question exactly how much of that is Kubo's incompetence or the Soul Society itself.

Look at me, talking about it like it's a real place. Bwehehe.

Well, the Soul Society in my guild isn't like this. Although that's mostly because we don't have a dickish C46.
True, but then again the oppression in the Soul Society really only stems from one place, and it's not the shinigami: Central 46. As for the events of movie 2 I gotta say man that they aren't canonical. We can't really claim them as fact although it's entirely possible that Central 46 would come up with some archaic, stupidly draconian bullsh1t like that. As if it was hurting Soul Society to have two shinigami have the same zanpakuto, like that ish could really happen...

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff