Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hardcore Muse

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Open from: Feb. 7th - Feb. ???

Hello and welcome to the Heart Break Cafe's second annual Valentine's Day thread! I am of course your host Miss Black for those who know me and for those of you who don't well you do now obviously. Please bear with me as I tend to ramble when I get nervous and public speaking makes me very nervous.
In any case HBC has returned for a second year bringing you all sorts of shenanigans, contests, prizes, and much much more but you'll have to stick around and see what's in store. Oh christ I'm rhyming again aren't I?
*Nervously adjusts her shades and swallows*
So sit back, order a drink, play some games and please remember to tip your waiters and waitresses! Also please do not steal any of the centerpieces from off the table, Zi's minions worked really hard on those from what I've been told.

We at HBC strive to set aside prizes throughout the year for our event but we still appreciate those selfless Gaians that go out of their way to donate to our event. Below you can find a list of these kind Gaians who helped aid us in our prize pool, give these guys a hand and thank them for being so unbelievably generous! Thank you guys! =)
List of Generous Donors

Be sure to subscribe to This thread to keep up with heart grants!

User Image

We love affiliates and if you would like to be affiliated with the HBC please do not hesitate to send Mississippi Black Velvet a pm with a banner linking to your thread so she can place it here for all to see.

[url=http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-community-projects/the-heart-break-cafe-s-main-event-thread-open/t.95413045_1/][img]http://i58.tinypic.com/98zrrm.png[/img][/url]

A big thank you to Loulou for our banner link to the thread. Simply use the code provided if you'd like to advertise for us.
Another big thank you goes to Arlette Mori and Davidicus Bellefonte for all our other banners!

Contest Index
Yeata's Cafe
Hassli's Contest
Meushi's Contest
Jisen's Contest
Gumby's After Dark
Pie's Contest
Vannequin's Contest
Freaque's Contest
D-Party's Contest
Finni's Contest
Nanzzy's Art Freebies
Stella's Contest

Hardcore Muse

[x]Starting with the most obvious one, please be sure to follow the Gaia Tos.

[xx]Second obvious please adhere to the rules in our thread and contest rules.

[xxx]Light role playing is fine but please keep it clean!

[xxxx]Please refrain from mindless bumping. Chatter is both welcomed and encouraged.

[xxxxx]Most important of all please remain courtesy of others in this thread at all times and don't forget to tip your waiters/waitresses!

Goody Bag: How to
Throughout the day you'll see me post the words Goody Bag, be the first three people to quote me and win a prize! Simple, non?

Rules of Goody Bag
[x]You're only eligible for the first place prize once a day. Please no mules, I will be checking.

[xx]If you've already quoted me once in the span of the day and won first place you're only eligible then for second place.

[xxx]Prizes will be sent via trade so please keep an eye out. At the end of the day unclaimed trades will be cancelled and you'll no longer be eligible for your prize package.

Prize tiers
[1st place] - 4 mystery items or a mystery bundle

[2nd place] - 3 mystery items or a mystery bundle

[3rd place] - 2 mystery items or a mystery bundle

Contest Index
Yeata's Cafe
Hassli's Contest
Meushi's Contest
Jisen's Contest
Gumby's After Dark
Pie's Contest
Vannequin's Contest
Freaque's Contest
D-Party's Contest
Finni's Contest
Nanzzy's Art Freebies
Stella's Contest

Hassli's Spouse

Demonic Sex Symbol

30,990 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175

Hello! My name is Zi and I am Head Maid over here at the Heartbreak Cafe! The HBC is a magical place that only pops up for a brief time, so be sure to enjoy yourself why you are here!

If there is anything you want to drink or eat, dear, please don't hesitate to let us know! We have waiters and waitresses on staff ready to serve you! We are staffed by the most wonderful people!

███████████████████████████████████████▐▐ ▐ ███

♥Menu

Here is the Menu we serve in our cafe. If you don't see something you like, you can ask one of our fine servers and they will see about getting something for you.

♥Drinks yum_tea
                                  Earl Grey Tea
                                  Chai Tea
                                  Green Tea
                                  Coffee
                                  Mocha
                                  Latte
                                  Cappuccino
                                  Hot Cocoa
                                  Mulled Spice Cider
                                  Strawberry Ginger Green tea
                                  'Winter Blossom', Strawberry Mint tea

♥Cakes and Pastries yum_strawberrypie
                                  Buttery Croissant
                                  Blueberry Muffin
                                  Cinnamon Bun
                                  Tiramisu
                                  Slice of Red Velvet cake
                                  Raspberry Cheesecake
                                  Strawberries and Cream
                                  Lemon Cream Cupcake
                                  Key Lime Pie
                                  Chocolate Mousse
                                  Strawberry, Banana, and Chocolate Crepe

♥Hot Soups gaia_spoons
                                  Chicken Noodle
                                  Broccoli Cheddar
                                  Tomato
                                  New England Clam Chowder
                                  Squash Soup.

♥Want to Order Something?
                                Please use this form and we will try to serve you shortly! If the thread is going very fast, we might miss your order! We are very sorry if this happens. Do not be afraid to repeat a post if we miss your order.

♥Ordering Form
                                yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_donut yum_tea yum_pie yum_tea yum_icecreampie yum_tea yum_strawberry yum_tea yum_strawberrypie yum_tea

Hello!
                                I would like to order something from the Cafe!

Drink: (Place order here)
                                Pastry: (Place order here)
                                Soup: (Place Order Here)

Thank you!

yum_tea yum_cupcake yum_tea yum_donut yum_tea yum_pie yum_tea yum_icecreampie yum_tea yum_strawberry yum_tea yum_strawberrypie yum_tea

♥Order Form
                                  [align=center][img]http://i57.tinypic.com/5kive9.jpg[/img]
                                  :tea::cupcake::tea::donut::tea::pie::tea::icecreampie::tea::strawberry::tea::strawberrypie::tea:
                                  [size=18]
                                  [color=#ba2249]Hello!
                                  I would like to order something from the Cafe!

Drink: (Place order here)
                                  Pastry: (Place order here)
                                  Soup: (Place Order Here)

Thank you![/color]
                                  [/size]
                                  :tea::cupcake::tea::donut::tea::pie::tea::icecreampie::tea::strawberry::tea::strawberrypie::tea:[/align]

♥Staff
                              Our staff is composed of a group of wonderful people willing to take care fo our patrons! Each one is a gem!

♥Boss Ladies
                                Mississippi Black Velvet, Coordinator
                                Yeata Zi, Head Maid

♥Maids
                                Finni
                                Odd Cinderella
                                Gumby Ningata
                                Meushi
                                Gentlemanly Swindler
                                Ariacotal
                                M o o g l e Desu

♥Butlers
                                Hassli
                                Davidicus Bellefonte
                                Freaque of Nature
                                XinYunMei
                                Madam Ace
                                ShadelessNightmare
                                Rouage Lapin

♥Baristas
                                Jisen Meizuki
                                Shoohey
                                Marselius

♥Staff Application
                              If you are interested in joining our ranks as a staff member, please shoot me a PM. Staff members work hard to keep our guests happy by serving them food or drink when they come in. We have three staff positions open. Maids, butlers and baristas. Maids and butlers serve our guests, and baristas make the drinks, pastries and soup. Baristas can serve guests, but the guest will have to come up front to order something. I only ask that you be attentive to our guests, and wear a cafe uniform. NOTE: IF YOU DO GET ACCEPTED AS STAFF, YOU CAN STILL PARTICIPATE IN CONTESTS DURING THE EVENT.

♥Uniform
                              We do have uniform requirements and expect you to dress accordingly. This means you must dress like a Maid or Butler while helping out in this establishment! Try to choose Valentines colors if you can. We have a few example uniforms for you to get ideas from. If you have an awesome idea you want to share, PM IT TO ME!

♥Maid Uniform Ideas
                              ♥Butler Uniform Ideas
                              ♥Barista Uniform Ideas

♥Employee of the Week
                              Here at the Heart Break Cafe, we really appreciate everything our staff does for us. Therefore, during the week I will be watching our staff members very carefully, and will award one person and two runner ups with a special bonus! If at any time during the week you want to tell me the way one of our staff members treated you well, please shoot me a PM. I want to make sure we award the best people!

Winner: Gentlemanly Swindler

Runner ups: XinYunMei and Freaque of Nature

♥Daily Prize!
                              We needed more reasons to give out prizes, so every day the cafe will be awarding a prize to a random person who has posted somewhere in the thread everyday from today until Valentine's Day, Feb 14th! This prize will go out to someone who is found having a fun time in the cafe ordering drinks, serving folks, or what have you. How do you enter? Just post anywhere in the thread and you have a chance to win! But the posts can't be spam posts. No bumping allowed! Good luck!

♥Winners
                                ♥Saturday:Madam Ace won a Fragrant Heartbeat
                                ♥Sunday:Magnificent Moonbeam won Freya's Silver Wings
                                ♥Monday: Pengaana won Disdainful Gatekeeper
                                ♥Tuesday: quayla666 won Queen of the Skies Dark Pigtails
                                ♥Wednesday: Lance Warmhearth won British Boyfriend
                                ♥Thursday: Occip won Swanky Dude
                                ♥Friday: Adrien Ludovic Gilles won Sword Eater's blade
                                ♥Saturday: BigJuicySushi won Highwire Belladonna
                                ♥Sunday: Kuuderest won Meowgical Apprentice
                                ♥Monday: Myrna Maeve won Nom Nom Boo
                                ♥Tuesday: Jisen Meizuki won Moira's Vogue Flashback
                                ♥Wednesday:deadrun won Cool Elegant Assassin's Rose Locks

Yeata Zi's Bae

Dedicated Diedrich

26,600 Points
  • Diedrich Supporter 50
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25

Hello! My name is Hassli and this Valentine's Day I could really use your help! I'm
not exactly the most romantic dude in all of Gaia, but, well... there's this girl I
like. emotion_facepalm ... and...it's a secret, so you must promise not to tell anybody!
I...I have a crush on one of the maids in this cafe! redface

I decided to woo her! But, I learned the hard way that it takes more than saying
"woo" to woo a lady. She just sort of looked at me strangely and asked what I
was so excited about. Apparently I would need to think of a different way to woo
her!

I had an idea! I need to give her a token of my love! A card that sums up my
feelings perfectly! Yes! On Valentine's Day, I will give her a card and ask her to be
my Valentine! It's perfect! The card has to be clever, and witty, and heart-warming,
and really show her how much I care!

Oh! But there's a problem! I'm not really good at that sort of thing! All I will end up
talking about is President Diedrich. While The D is the best thing to happen to
the people of Gaia, talking about him won't really help me woo the lady!

So, I need your help! Help me come up with the best Valentine's Day Card ever
in the history of Gaia! I'm counting on you! Help me with the perfect original
Valentine's Day Card for my special lady friend! It needs to be an image with a
special message that will surely woo whichever HBC maid I have feelings for.
(Don't ask, I'll never tell emotion_donotwant !)

How to Enter
-Design a Valentine's Day Card for me, Hassli, to give to the HBC Maid I have a crush on.
-The image can be hand-drawn, or made on a computer!
-Make sure to make it good! My future in love is riding on this!
-Upload your card to an image hosting website like photobucket or tinypic.
-Post it in this thread and fill out the form.
-??????
-PROFIT!

The Prizes:
Grand Prize: User Image Notorious Flirt, User Image Seven Day Love, and User Image Princess of Hearts
Runner up: User Image Popular Flirt, User Image Seven Day Devotion, and User Image Prince of Hearts

Winners
Strawberry Fool

Username: Strawberry Fool
The Card:
User Image
Will this Woo the Lady? If you want to successfully woo them, and if success was this card. This card would be like a condom there's a good chance it will work but there's still a small chance they could get pregnant, even if it's a guy because this card is that powerful.

Runner Up
James Harlem

Username: James Harlem
The Card:
Will this Woo the Lady? Oh yeah definitely!

Honorable Mention: Yeata Zi
I ain't doin those dishes

BONUS SONG:

Alien Sweetheart

Oh dear, it seems one of our Café Chefs have quit and they TOOK the whole menu with them!! WHAT ARE WE TO DO!??! Wait! I know! You! Yes you! You can help us with a new menu! How can you help us you ask? Make an Avatar based off of a delicious food or drink item you would find in a Café! Post it up in the thread, along with a picture of that food/drink. If you look tasty enough, we’ll add your food item to our Menu!

These are some delicious looking prizes!

People Prizes!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

Paw Prizes!!
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image
User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image User Image

The Rules

yum_strawberrypie To Enter the contest, Just quote me!
[quote="Meushi"][/quote] Order Up!!

yum_tea Make sure you have a real food item/drink image that your avatar is based off of!

yum_strawberrypie Tekteks are allowed!

yum_tea I will allow people to enter in both People and Paw, but you must only enter with one avatar for each. So pick a good one!

yum_strawberrypie Be creative, but mostly have fun! Really! Just have fun!

yum_tea Not everyone will win a prize! BUT I will try to give out as many prizes as I can. Prizes will also be given out randomly! Winners will be picked at the end of the event! Good luck to everyone!! !

yum_cupcake yum_pie yum_strawberry yum_tea yum_pumpkinpie yum_strawberrypie yum_donut
Not sure what to do? Here's a quick list of ideas to help you come up with something!
Finger sandwiches!
Regular sandwiches!
Cakes!
Pies!
Teas and tea like drinks!!
Coffee and coffee like drinks!
Cupcakes!
Soups!
Hot drinks!
Cold drinks!
And salads!!
If these arn't helping, Here's order guide of the menu so far!!
THE MENU
Hope this gets the creative juices flowing!

(People avatars here!)

1.Yeata Zi User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a Raspberry Truffle! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

2. Pie User Image as a SHE'S MY CHERRY PIE, COOL DRINK OF WATER SUCH A SWEET SURPRISE, TASTES SO GOOD MAKES A GROWN MAN CRY, SWEET CHERRY PIIIIIIIIEEE! User Image

3. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4. James Harlem User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a Dark chocolate raspberry swirl cupcake User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

5. Snoekie Koekie User Image as a waffle with white chocolate ice cream and hot fudge sauce User Image

6. Tear of Fate User Image as Bubble tea! User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

7. thedarqangel User Image as strawberry chocolate chip cookies User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

8. Pixitella User Image as a Chocolate Strawberry Cake User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

9. havockitty User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as Blood Orange tea User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

10. x Karurie x User Image as a as a Key Lime Pie. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

11. babyl10 User Image as sugar glass User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image

12. Dark Saint Caissa User Image as a
Blueberry Jello Tart User Image

13. The Emwo User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as Tiramasu Picture of Tiramasu that is to large to post as an image!

14. Ungraceful Swann User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a Strawberry Milkshake User Image

15. Kaleidomicroscopic User Image as Valentine's Day Petit Fours User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

16. Lapsis Stella User Image as Raspberry Green Tea User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

17. Midnightglow18 User Image as a frosted sugar cookie User Image

18. MiStyle User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a pâte à choux swan, filled with crème Chantilly User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

19. The Iron Magus User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a Honey Cream Puff User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

20. seiseragaki User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a buttertart User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

21. Occip User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as Strawberry Cream Pancakes User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

22. kim424 User Image as a Rainbow cake User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

23. _winterdawnn User Image as a Candy Apple User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

24. Zana Bonanza User Image as Angel Food Cake User Image

25. lilloulou User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as Itsy-Bitsy Shortcakes User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

26. Guardian Pluto User Image as Red Velvet Cake User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

27. Bears and Boys User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a cappuccino User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Paws!
(Paw avatars here!)

1. Sanctus Piscis User Image as a Teacupcake User Image

2. lilloulou User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. as a MEWringue Lemon Pie User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

3. x Karurie x User Image as a Red Velvet Cupcake User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

4. babyl10 User Image as sakura mochi User Image User Image

emotion_bigheart Links to some cool places!! emotion_bigheart

Gaia Casimir Alliance
The Gaia Casimir Alliance Thread
(Want to add a Link? Just quote me with the link!)

Stubborn Gifter

Do you smell it? Something is in the air and it's juicy. While people say that "love is in the air," I say I smell gossips and news.

That's right. It's the Paparazzi's favorite time of season where celebrities are dating and romancing. However with so many, the editor asked me to be in charged to snoop investigate report the activities. And there are so many, I can't be in all places at once! So I may need YOUR help to find the latest gossip and/or rumors about the celebrities' love lives.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Themes and Rules User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
The theme is separated into two categories. You may either participate one or both of the categories.

Smile For the Camera!
Create a fanart of a Gaia NPC or Gaia NPC couples taking a selfie picture. It can be a NPC, posing sexy or trying to get a date. Or it can be Gaia NPC couples taking a sweet and/or romantic selfie.

No nudity or Rated XXX (aka: porn) themes allowed. We want to keep it PG-13 and follow the ToS. Innuendo is alright as long as it follows the ToS.

Sexy Texy
Ever heard of "Damn You Autocorrect" and "Text from Superheroes?" Well, we like you to pry into the Gaia NPC's phone and see what sort of conversation they have. Create a conversation between two Gaia NPCs, using this website or similar phone text format where conversation ends up being awkward, sexting, or funny.

Follow ToS rules. If adding images, no nudity or Rated XXX. Swearing and innuendo are alright. Be sure to save the conversation in your image website.

Once finish, fill out the form in this thread to enter. If I find your entry going against the rules or unsuitable, I will quote you to let you know. All entries must be entered before 02/14/2015 2/18/2015 at 11:59 PM PST.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Prizes User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
There will be four winners in each category, giving the total of eight. Prizes will be handed out on the 15th evening of February.

Grand Winners
2 User Image, User Image, User Image
First Place Winners
Second Place Winners
Third Place Winners

In addition, the grand winner in the Smile for the Camera category will have the option to have his/her entry featured in the Paparazzi thread, along with an article to go with it. If the grand winner chooses not to feature, that will be understandable and we will not feature the entry. If the grand winner wishes to feature the image but doesn't wish to write an article, then allow us to write an article for the winner to go with the image.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. Q&A Section User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
This is a section if you have any questions about the contest. If there's a question you have and it's not in there, feel free to quote or PM me.

I'm drawing a couple selfie, does it have to be canon?
It can be canon, fandom, or a crack pairing. Just as long as you follow the rules.

Can I insert myself in the contest?
Sorry, but the answer will be no. One of the reasons is because for the text category, there is a chance that the person may get flamed and I don't want that to happen. Gaia NPCs only.

Does REI/EI/CI/RIG NPCs count?
Yes, those NPCs count as they are part of Gaia.

How about the winners of the CI tickets? Are they NPCs?
Sadly, but no. The winners of the CI tickets are people just like you and I. Therefore, they are not NPCs. Besides, if we do so, you need to ask their permission if you want to feature them.

Can I enter more than one?
For the text category, you may enter up to five. As for the selfie category, you may enter two but it has to be one couple selfie and one NPC selfie alone.

I like my entry to feature in the Paparazzi thread, but do I have to win to be featured?
Not at all. Even though it's for the grand prize on the selfie category, the Paparazzi doesn't mind and will be thrilled to feature your entry. All you need to do is post your entry in their thread.

Warning: Paparazzi is NOT going to use contestants' entries as part of a scheme to gather hot juicy info for their news. Nope. Nuh uh. Dunno what you're talking about. Ignore this warning.

Gumby Ningata rolled 4 20-sided dice: 10, 14, 18, 18 Total: 60 (4-80)

Lavish Ladykiller

Heart Break Cafe After Dark is the place to be after 8 PM EST Late at night after the kids are in bed the freaks, the creeps, and the just plain sexy come out to play. So bust out your sexiest non ToS breaking avi and join in the fun that is Heart Break Cafe After Dark.

After Dark Dice Contest

It is simple really. Roll four (4) twenty (20) sided die. Get 2, 14, 20, 15 in that order. You need to have all four numbers or have a total that equals 51 to get a prize. Please PM me with a link to the winning post and I will get you your prize as soon as I am able. It might not be right away but you will get it.

Congrats: Cardinalis, Bunthulhu (x3), BigJuicySushi, Bears and Boys (x2)

Prizes include:

Tailored All star
Thank you letter September 2010
Choose your own prize
His Essence
Animal Mystery Myotan
Southtown Ghost Story
Dazzling Cheer
Dark Knight Vanguard
Prom King's Grand Navy Gala
Churro the Donkey
Daylight Siren
SDplus #001 Classic Ian
Frosting the Angora Rabbit
Astra V-Day 2k14 Candy Coated
Cupcake Darling
Rosamund's Passion
Hazel Scythe
Wretched Hunger
Astra Opera Impression
The Monkey;s Astute Game
Afternoon Child
Foreseeing Magical Matchmaker
Sparking Heart Lantern
Shy Gardener
Warm Cute Pigtails
Celestial Starlet
Paul's Wings
Princess of my Heart
Danseuse Enchantee
Putian

Edit: You can roll at any time. No need to wait for After Dark. Also, with avis. Think classy not trashy.

Edit 2: Sorry for not being clear. You need to have all the numbers for the dice contest in the order they are written in post, not the sample one, or have the total of your dice roll equal the same total.

LabTechX's Waifu

Luminous Fairy

"All you need is love. But a little chocolate now and then doesn't hurt."
―Charles M. Schulz

Yes, we are running to the end of the event! heart

yum_cupcake The Recipe Competition!

First up, we have a writing competition. However, we're not looking for drabbles or love letters or poetry. After all, everyone knows the real key to the heart is through the stomach -- and that's why we'd like you to write your own recipe!

Each entry should have all the parts of a regular recipe: A title, a little introductory anecdote, the recipe's yield, list of ingredients, and step-by-step instructions.

What's that? You can barely follow the instructions on a box of cake mix? Don't worry! There are zero points for accuracy in this round. This is all about your creativity!

By the way: Your recipe does not need to be for people food! Want to share your recipe for Kitten Star treats, or the G Corp's secret love potion formula? Go nuts!

Recipes will be judged on the following three criteria:

• Concept - What is your recipe making? How original is it, and how well does it relate to the themes of Gaia and Valentine's Day? You're free to include a small piece of fanart if this is something easier to show than tell!
  • Narrative - Pure writing skill! How well is your recipe written, and how engaging is it? Is it cute, funny, or otherwise clever?
  • Descriptive Details - Make us want it! Sell your concept with some vividly appealing descriptions. Go ahead, make your prose a little purple -- it's a lovely color for Valentine's Day.

There will be four prizes for this contest:

• Grand Best Overall - User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Best Concept - User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Best Narrative - User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Top Description - User ImageUser ImageUser Image

All other entries will get pie for participation.

To submit your entry, please use the following form:

[quote="Grun-Pie"][/quote]
[b][color=#009933] I have a recipe you're going to love! [/color][/b]

[spoiler]
[b][color=#993300] Username [/color][/b]: {your username!}
[b][color=#993300] Recipe [/color][/b]: {recipe title}
[b][color=#993300] Yields [/color][/b]: {serving size}

[b][color=#993300] Introduction [/color][/b]:

{a short anecdote to lead us into the recipe! this is the free-write section}

[b][color=#993300] Ingredients [/color][/b]:
[list]
[*] {a list of ingredients}
[*] {add as many bullets as you need}
[*] {you can play with the formatting if you like}
[/list]

[b][color=#993300] Preparation [/color][/b]:

{all the steps to make your masterpiece}

[/spoiler]

Entries
yum_strawberrypie yum_pumpkinpie

yum_strawberrypie The Bake-Off Competition!

A real competition for real cooks! Bake us a cake! Or a pie. Or cupcakes! Or perhaps a pudding sundae? Whatever sweet treat makes your kokoro go dokidoki, whip up a plate and send us a photo!

As a verification that you are entering your own handiwork and not something you found in an image search, please absolutely be sure include your Gaia username and "I heart HBC" in the photo! You don't need to be fancy about it -- it can be as simple as an index card next to the plate. It will not be included in your score for Presentation.

Non-baked goods are fine to enter. However, please only enter desserts! That way, we're not comparing apples and oranges. Or more accurately, cookies and burgers.

Desserts will be judged on the following criteria:

• Cooking Skill - Technical skill and execution. Or in other words, how well your dessert turned out, weighted against how difficult it was.
  • Presentation - This is where all the details count. Cute cake decorations, lovely plating, and even an eye for photography -- give us a picture worthy of the Paparazzi's front cover! Bonus points for keeping to the themes of Gaia and Valentine's Day.
  • Drool-Factor - The most important part of any bake-off! Rich chocolate, fresh and juicy fruit, flaky crusts, fluffy cream... and please, feel free to use the description to your full advantage. Go on. I insist.

There will be four prizes for this contest:

• Grand Best Overall - User Image User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Best Cooking Skill - User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Best Presentation - User ImageUser ImageUser Image
  • Most Drool-Worthy - User ImageUser ImageUser Image

All other entries will get pie for participation.

To submit your entry, please use the following form:

[quote="Prun-Pie"][/quote]
[b][color=#009933] I made something sweet and special just for you! [/color][/b]

[spoiler]
[b][color=#993300] Username [/color][/b]: {your username!}
[b][color=#993300] Dessert [/color][/b]: {dessert title}

[b][color=#993300] Photo [/color][/b]:
[img]{photo image url}[/img]

[b][color=#993300] Comments [/color][/b]: {what tasty ingredients are in it, how you made it, anecdotes, etc}

[/spoiler]

Entries

yum_tea Contest Rules

• All entries are subject to Gaia TOS.
  • All entries must be your own original work.
  • You may enter each contest up to three times. However, you will only win once per contest.
  • You can only win one of the two grand prizes. If you sweep both competitions, the judge will award you the prize for whichever contest you had the furthest lead in.
  • Neither contest will award bonus points for entering pies. No sucking up to the judge!
  • The participation pies will be a surprise, and will be awarded via random drawing. Ooh, how mysterious...!

NikNook's Kouhai

Byzantium Egg

The HBC (user and forum-based) CI!

There's a certain air surrounding the Heart Break Cafe, it's buzzing with excitement and possibly ...a little more. You can't quite put your finger on it but something, is urging you to check the place out. Perhaps it's nothing significant at all or maybe, there might just be an interesting encounter in store for you?

How this works
Essentially, you will be using RNG to play this 'rig', which is broken up into two stages:

STAGE ONE: This is where your adventure begins. You step through the doors of the HBC, full of hope and high expectations; you've heard rumours of peculiar occurrences and the interesting staff at this place. Will you meet someone new or will this just be another normal day?

STAGE TWO: If indeed it is the former, will you find the right words to secure yourself a date?

Before we begin, please note:
- In order to be eligible for a prize, you must play both stages.
- Each staff member has a fail and successful date path, which will vaguely determine the kind of item you win. All other paths are 'dead ends'.
- You will only get a prize if you get a date. It doesn't matter whether it's the good or...not-so-good ending emotion_dowant
- If you have secured yourself a date, please PM me (Vannequin) with links to your stage one and two rolls.
- Please be patient, it may take some time before you receive your prizes, due to time zone differences and other activities but your prizes will get to you!
- Please do NOT post in the test forum thread linked below.
- You can play as many times as you wish but you can only win upto three times i.e. three dates in one day is more than enough for you!

Now let's play!

STAGE ONE: Generate a random number from the range 1-100, then follow the corresponding links:
STAGE ONE: If you rolled: 11 or 99, 22 or 77, 44 or 55, 66 or 33, 88 or 1 or any other number.

STAGE TWO: Only if you have encountered a staff member should you proceed and generate a number from the range 1-20.
STAGE TWO: Madam Ace's Path: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
STAGE TWO: Hassli's Path: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
STAGE TWO: Davidicus Bellefonte's Path: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
STAGE TWO: Jisen Meizuki's Path: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20
STAGE TWO: Meushi's Path: 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19,20

Demonic Dreamer

26,275 Points
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Design a uniform for Heart break Hell!

We all have little outfits with a common theme but what we need is a uniform!

Your job artists is to design us a uniform!

HOWTOENTER

• Using the following templates as a base, design your own Heart Break Cafe uniform for our Maids and Butlers.
    ♥MALE♥BASE♥

♥FEMALE♥BASE♥
  • You may enter one uniform for each gender. judging will be seperated into 2 categories Males and females.
  • Once your design is complete, you may quote me with your entry but your best bet is to PM me your entry, I do not always get notifications, and title your PM "Uniform Entry".
  • You may submit entries until February 18th 12 AM (EST)

PRIZES

There will be two grand prize winners and three runner ups. Winners will be announced on February 18th around 9 PM (EST)

GRANDPRIZE
The grand prize will be awarded to the person with the best/most original uniform design.
The Grand Prize Winner will get all the items on these following avis.
Each avi is worth more than 25 bil each.
(prices subject to change due to MP inflation but still prizes all the same)

♥FEMALE♥AVATAR♥
Comfy Love - 13 bil
Obsessive Loyalty 9 bil
sweetheart maid: 3 bil
Breezy Hyacinth 2 bil
Sweet Honey Waitress 2 bil
Adorable Triplet - 33mil

♥MALE♥AVATAR♥
Ghastly Baron - 20 bil
Striking thief - 2 bil
Antique Shop 1st Gen - 1 bil
Dark Conductor - 1 bil

RUNNERUP
Runner ups will receive one of the following: (first come first serve)
With Contentment - 13 bil
[Animal] Teddy Bear Brothers - 10 bil
Cunning Clyde - 13 bil

ENTRIES
Yeata Zi

Strawberry Fool

User Image

User Image

Pixitella

User Image

User Image

Orchid Dreams

User Image
User Image

Snoekie Koekie
User Image

Bears and Boys
User Image

Eternal Partier

12,300 Points
  • Party Member 100
  • Excitable Emoter 25
How Diedrich Helped You Find Love

Hello. Hi. How are you? How's the family? Howdy. Hey. Hi. Hello. Ok.

I represent the D-Party, Gaia's only political party whose sole purpose is to get Diedrich reelected as eternal dictator president and also to party... a lot. The monopartisan system is a success! D-mocracy in action, people!

JOIN THE D-PARTY TODAY!

Did you know that in addition to being leader of the free world, Diedrich is also a love expert? It's true! Diedrich knows a lot about love. If you ever need advice, you can just look to his words on the subject. They include such gems as "Compliment your date on his or her laughter by comparing it to the beautiful cry of the duck," "Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Always have a few in your pockets," and "Sex pheromones are your #1 tool for attracting the opposite sex. Load up by rubbing against unwashed animals. (Hint: you can find them at the pet store)." These tidbits of sage advice have led many a D-Party member to the love of their life! Our campaign manager met his fiance by making sure he kept constant eye-contact during their first date. She probably found the fact that his eyes were physically touching hers to be invigorating!

Here at the D-Party, we want every Gaian to have the same chance at love! Therefore, we have included every single piece of love advice Diedrich has ever come up with, and we want you to give it a try!

DIEDRICH'S LOVE GURU ADVICE

[NPC] President Diedrich's Romantic Advice
There are a lot of these, so we put them under the spoilers! You will need to look at them if you plan to enter our contest!

• A good "red flag" to watch out for is if your date has a prior history of pressing charges against you specifically.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Always wear shoes you can run in. Just in case. This is not just for dates, but for everyday life.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Anxiety about dating? Ask your doctor to put you under full general anesthesia for the duration of the date.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Be considerate and open doors for your date. They'll be pleasantly surprised when they wake up.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Be sure to maintain eye contact as much as possible. At least 30% of the time spent on dates should consist of solid eyeball-to-eyeball touching.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Being mysterious makes you attractive! Try cultivating an interesting tic, or laughing at things that aren't there.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Compliment your date on his or her laughter by comparing it to the beautiful cry of the duck.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Compliment your date on how attractive they look. If they don't look attractive, HOLD NOTHING BACK!
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Confidence is important. Show you are the leader of the pack by tying lots of little dogs to your belt to drag behind you.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Destruction derbies can be romantic. Point to two of the cars slamming together and liken it to your hearts, but change the subject when the cars start smoking.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Display your gifts for resourcefulness by retrieving any edible scraps from your date's garbage.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Don't abandon your date-- always ask if they would like to accompany you to the bathroom.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Don't use any corny pick-up lines, such as: "Do you distribute any coupons? I feel like I should be getting those clothes half off."
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Etiquette tip: it's considered polite to look up from your phone at least twice during dates.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Even if it's early in your relationship, don't be afraid to get the name of your partner tattooed on your body. If they break your heart, you can always write "sucks" underneath it.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Everybody's favorite subject is themselves. Prepare a full surveillance dossier on your date!
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Everyone enjoys a good sense of humor, so prepare for your date by coming up with plenty of cruel taunts and stinging ethnic barbs.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Figure out your best facial feature and accentuate it with lots of glittery lipstick.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Forgot to bring a gift? Your date's couch is probably full of change. Grab it when they leave the room and come up flush as an oil tycoon!
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Get your date to confide in you by implying you are a lawyer and are constantly under attorney-client privilege. (If you are a lawyer like me, don't do this. You could get in BIG trouble).
    Diedrich 4ever
  • If you are concerned about rude waitstaff ruining a high pressure date, tell the restaurant that your partner has a terminal illness to ensure great service.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • If you don't have good coordination, you can dance just by moving the parts of your face along with the music.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • If you feel your romantic partner is becoming distant, leave derogatory graffitti in public places to make sure they don't have any other options.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • If you happen to shatter any backboards this Valentine's Day, try to contort your body into a heart shape as the glass fragments rain down on you. When you get up, the beautiful heart shape left behind will be an unmistakable message to your lover.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • It's important your date gets along with your friends, so play it safe by only dating your friends' current partners.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Loud, pulsing music naturally builds arousal, but if that's not available then rhythmic yelling works just as well.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Make your date the center of attention-- tell the waitstaff it's your date's birthday, then leave when everyone starts singing.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Always have a few in your pockets.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • People are attracted to interesting and accomplished people. That's why it's important to be a good liar.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • People want mates who can provide everything they need. On your first date, bring along a tank of oxygen, a carton of salt, a few gallons of water and a tent.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Preparing a romantic meal for your date is always a good gesture, but don't mess up your clothes and get all sweaty running around your neighborhood trying to tackle a goose. Just go to the store! (A policeman helped me out with this one.)
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Prior to a romantic ostrich ride together, consider having a crafty date night where you decorate each other's protective facemasks. (Ostriches can turn their heads around and are likely to peck at their rider's face and neck.)
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Sex pheromones are your #1 tool for attracting the opposite sex. Load up by rubbing against unwashed animals. (Hint: you can find them at the pet store).
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Showering washes away your natural pheromones, which are vital to attracting mates. I prefer a nice dust bath!
    Diedrich 4ever
  • There is a popular rumor that you can do whatever crimes you want on Leap Day and the cops can't arrest you. It's not true. Just take your partner on a date. Attempt no crime sprees.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • To find out your date's likes and dislikes, tail them for a day or two. You can learn the most about a person by watching them when they sleep.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Want to be tied to your date forever by the legal system? Make them complicit in a crime.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Watch out for relationship red flags. They can be found by rummaging through your date's flag collection.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • Wear a white coat and dispense medical advice to meet interesting and vulnerable people.
    Diedrich 4ever
  • You don't want to be one of those annoying people who asks the same question twice, so after each date record any new information in your sprawling "Date Facts" spreadsheet

The D-Party thought it would be fun to illustrate this sage romantic advice in action! There are two ways to enter this contest! You can either go the art route to illustrate one of the above tidbits of advice from our President, or you can write a little short story about your experiences trying out one of Diedrich's love suggestions. They are 100% guaranteed to work!

The D-Party is very excited to see what you come up with!

Rules

Art Route
  • Look at the Diedrich Advice listed above, and choose one (or more) to illustrate with art.
  • Art can be created in anyway you like whether it is a traditonal route or a digital route.
  • Upload your masterpiece to an image hosting website such as photobucket or tinypic
  • Head over to this thread to fill out the form and post your entry.
  • You may enter as many illustrations as you like, but please only make one post for your entries. If you decide you want to add another entry later, please just edit your post.
  • You may only win once.

Writing Route
  • Look at the Diedrich Advice listed above, and choose one or more pieces of advice to follow in your writing.
  • You can write as much or as little as you like, but make sure that the story has to do with following one of Diedrich's Romance Advices
  • Head over to this thread to fill out the form and post your entry.
  • You may choose to follow as many of Diedrich's advices as you want, but please only include this in one story.

Prizes
There will be two winners in each category, a grand prize and a runner up.

Grand Prize Art: User Image Luxurious Getaway, User Image Shy Gardener, User Image Succubi's Modesty, User Image I Herd U Liek Diedrichs, and User Image Astra: Cheering Diedrich
Grant Prize Writing:User Image Sovereign Commander, User Image Lovely Peppermint Lady Lucie,User Image Astra: Mini Dark Red Flapping Angel Wings, User Image I Herd U Liek Diedrichs, and User Image Astra: Cheering Diedrich
Runner up Art:User Image Buttermilk The Kindly Pegasus, User Image Wedding de Mortis, and User Image I Herd U Liek Diedrichs
Runner up Writing: User Image Rose Chateau Chic,User Image Jupiter's Lace, and User Image I Herd U Liek Diedrichs

Winners
Grand Prize:
Writing:
BloodyNewMoon
LOVE GURU ADVICE
Writing ENTRY
Username: Bloodynewmoon
The Advice This Represents: •A good "red flag" to watch out for is if your date has a prior history of pressing charges against you specifically.
•Be considerate and open doors for your date. They'll be pleasantly surprised when they wake up.
•Being mysterious makes you attractive! Try cultivating an interesting tic, or laughing at things that aren't there.
•People want mates who can provide everything they need. On your first date, bring along a tank of oxygen, a carton of salt, a few gallons of water and a tent.
•Preparing a romantic meal for your date is always a good gesture, but don't mess up your clothes and get all sweaty running around your neighborhood trying to tackle a goose. Just go to the store! (A policeman helped me out with this one.)
•To find out your date's likes and dislikes, tail them for a day or two. You can learn the most about a person by watching them when they sleep.
•Want to be tied to your date forever by the legal system? Make them complicit in a crime.
•Watch out for relationship red flags. They can be found by rummaging through your date's flag collection.
•You don't want to be one of those annoying people who asks the same question twice, so after each date record any new information in your sprawling "Date Facts" spreadsheet.
The Story Title: The Quest to be the Perfect Lover!
The Story:
Love is hard. There's a million different websites and magazines claiming to have all the tips you need to win over that special someone, but none of them have worked out for me! I think the problem is I'm going to the wrong people. Most of them just put down whatever they find attractive. They never take other people's feelings into consideration! So that's why, instead of listening to 'real' people, I've decided to take the advice of a little green rabbit instead. That might sound strange, but he has a tie! That's how you know he's legit. His tips were so diverse and creative it blew my mind! I decided to narrow it down based off my current target potential lover's interests. They described their perfect man being 'wild', 'adventurous', 'mysterious', 'polite', and most importantly a good cook. Let's see how it goes!

On the first date, I brought all of the required materials with me. They asked why I looked like I was ready to climb a mountain when we were just grabbing lunch, but I explained that you never know when an emergency will strike. It's better to have it and not need it than need it and not have it, you know? They laughed a little like they were embarrassed relieved, so that must be a good sign! I mean we did have a fun time texting about it the next day, which means they're still into me!

During the dates that followed, I made sure to keep track of what to put down on my "Date Facts" spreadsheet. They noticed I kept writing in a little notebook, and I told them it was so I wouldn't forget anything about our time together. They thought it was really sweet! Though a selfie or something might've been better. I can't believe I didn't think of that sooner! That's one more thing for me to add on to the spreadsheet! It'll probably take up the whole closet soon.

They have such a beautiful laugh. I try to get it out of them as much as possible. I did the 'pointing and laughing at nothing' trick to see if that would work, or at the very least make me as mysterious as intended. Though they were confused at first, it was a complete success! Sure it sounded a bit forced, but that just shows how nice of a person they are.

I didn't want to rush, so I waited until our one-month anniversary to ask them to have dinner at my place. As tempting as it was to prove how wild I was by chasing a goose down, I stuck with the advice of simply buying one at the store. Even so, I recalled the trip to them like it was an actual adventure! Fighting dragons, cutting up two-headed ducks, chasing polar bears, that sort of thing. I mean it wasn't too far from the truth, and they thought I was so imaginative! I think we've got something special here.

But I wasn't going to fall into the trap of thinking everything is perfect when it's not. No, sir! Now that they've trusted me with their address and I've written down their license plate, I can make sure that I know everything I need to know about them. Their likes, dislikes, who their friends are, the ones most likely to call the cops if they see me, where they like to hang out, and so on. They were super impressed by how I was able to give them gifts reflecting what I've learned. It's like I was a magical mind reader! It was also nice how they confided in me whenever they were having trouble with someone, and how nice it was when that person mysteriously disappeared from their life a few days later. Don't tell anyone, but I miiight have helped them out in my own, mysterious ways. I want it to be a surprise for when we get married!

Our first night together was wonderful. I got to learn so much watching them sleep the whole night, exactly like the rabbit said! During the night, I made sure to inspect the house for any flags, and I couldn't find a collection of them or anything. That must mean everything's okay after all! The next morning I tried opening the door for them, but that only got me a groan and a demand for coffee. Darn! I must've gotten the timing wrong! I'll have to do it on a day they're not expecting me to be there. It'll be both charming and mysterious!

A whole year went by perfectly before I finally proposed. I was hoping with all my heart they would say yes and we'd be together forever. Yet they said no! I panicked, asking them if I did anything wrong, and they shook their head. They explained I was a nice guy despite my weird quirks, but they were considering seeing other people. No! Who?! I needed to know. They didn't have anyone particular in mind, just that they've been thinking about it for some time.

It didn't take me long to realize the real issue. They were nervous about getting married! That's so adorable. I didn't blame them. Weddings can be expensive and flashy. Really as long as it's put down legally that we're together, it doesn't have to be anything too special.

So I decided to show them the bodies.

You should've seen the look on their face! This is why I wanted it to be a surprise! I told them that they're my accomplice now, and if the police found out, all I had to do was show the text messages about how they wanted these people gone. Well, partners-in-crime sounds more romantic now that I think about it. Maybe if I had called them that instead they wouldn't have been so angry. They were planning on pressing charges anyway! Now we can't have that. It would ruin the good history we have together, you know?

I took down the red flag before it could even be raised. And by that, I mean I knocked them out and locked them in my basement. I really should have done this a long time ago, but I thought we could trust each other! I should have checked the house for the 37th time for flags to be safe! Maybe I would've found one and stopped this from happening.

Oh well. Despite some minor setbacks, the little green rabbit had the right idea all along. This has been the best relationship I've ever been in, and it's all thanks to him! Hopefully he'll come out with more advice in the future. Until then, I'll focus on keeping this relationship together. Forever, and ever, and ever...

ART
Kuyusi
LOVE GURU ADVICE
ART ENTRY
Username: Kuyusi
The Art:
User Image
The Advice This Represents:"Be sure to maintain eye contact as much as possible. At least 30% of the time spent on dates should consist of solid eyeball-to-eyeball touching."

RUNNER UPS

Writing
Yeata Zi
LOVE GURU ADVICE
Writing ENTRY
Username: Yeata Zi
The Advice This Represents: Oysters are an aphrodisiac. Always have a few in your pockets.
The Story Title: Shellfish Love
The Story:
I had a hot date coming up, and decided to follow the President's advice. Oysters, he told me, are an aphrodisiac. He suggested filling my pockets with the shellfish to ensure a successful date..Because I planned to wear a snug, low cut dress without pockets during my date, I decided to go a different route. I am nothing if not clever. I ground the oysters up, and made the juices into a sexy man-catching perfume which I liberally applied to my body. Sure, I smelled a little fishy, but Diedrich assured me I was irresistible.
I attended my date, and the gentleman I was to meet was so overfilled with longing that within ten minutes of our meeting he swelled up like a red ballooon and had to go straight to the hospital!
Turns out he had shellfish allergies. I had the pleasure of helping to nurse him back to health. Thanks, Diedrich!

Art
Whip-Happy Prosecutor
LOVE GURU ADVICE
ART ENTRY
Username: Whip-Happy Prosecutor
The Art:
User Image User Image User Image
The Advice This Represents: "Even if it's early in your relationship, don't be afraid to get the name of your partner tattooed on your body. If they break your heart, you can always write "sucks" underneath it".

Bloodthirsty Bunny

The Heart Break Cafe is open again for business! I'm your resident bunny waitress Finni and I try my very best to deliver delicious cakes to all of our wonderful customers!! 4laugh But... you see..... there's a problem..........

All of the cakes have VANISHED!! gonk

How will customers have cakes served to them if there are no cakes to be eaten? This is a disaster!!

I'll need help from Gaians of all shapes and sizes to create new cakes in record time. Here's how to enter:

How you can help:

• Download this cake template and decorate it with your favorite flavors and toppings. Be creative! Be delicious!
    • Do not exceed the size of the template provided. I know the temptation to pile on six layers of frosting and fruits and cookies and chocolate is overwhelming... even though I would totally eat that!
    • Please quote "Finni" by posting in this thread with the image of your cake and the name of your creation!

I will be randomly serving cakes throughout the event to our happy customers. You may submit your creations early and be used earlier during the event; however, to be eligible for prizes, your cake must be completed by February 14th February 15th, 10am PST. Please limit to 3 entries per person! Not all cakes will be used.

View submitted entries here!

Prizes for top cake-decorators:
    • Grand Prize: One grand prize winner will receive a sketch (drawn by me!) to commemorate your beautiful cake! This artwork will feature any avi/OC of your choosing, the bunnychu waistress (me!) posing together with your cake. You will also receive the Top 5 gift.
    • Top Five: Five entrants will receive you a set of bunny waitress stickers (and other miscellaneous goodies) in the mail!! Preview under the spoiler:

You will be contacted via PM after the event to obtain your mailing address. International folks are eligible as well!
    • All winners will be be used and featured throughout the event as specialty cakes.
    • Stay tuned for more prizes on Valentines' Day! emotion_kirakira

Thank you everyone for your help in this disastrous situation! I hope to see all of the cakes that everyone creates. Be creative and Happy Valentines' Day!!

(Whew! Crisis averted.)

Ruthless Hunter

75,950 Points
  • Wing Mastery 100
  • Runway Supermodel 1000
  • Knife Club Lifetime Membership 0

Hiya everyone, and welcome to the Heart Break Cafe art freebies giveaway!
Our artists will be lurking during the event, drawing avatars that catch their eye, people that make them smile, or just any random person they feel like drawing~

However, if you want to make sure they notice you, use one of the forms below!
This does of course not mean that you're guaranteed to be drawn, but it will increase your chances of being noticed by artist-senpai~

Art pick-ups here!

Freebie Rules
Be sure to follow these rules if you wish to be considered!

Again, keep in mind that you are not guaranteed to be drawn; all the artists here are volunteers working for free, so who we choose to draw is at our own discretion.

Please don't quote-spam the artists to beg for art~

And related to that, please only ask for specific artists if they have specified that it is okay to do so; otherwise your request is free game for any of the artists who feel like drawing you~

Finally, be sure to keep the other thread rules in mind!

Request forms

[align=center]
[img]http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad193/nanzzy_rulezz/Lay-Outs/Random Lay-Outs/cooltext1901999169.png[/img]
[b]Username:[/b] [your name goes here]
[b]Avatar I want drawn:[/b] [either your current (make sure you have your equipped list visible to make it easier on the artists), or something else (make sure to include a screenshot with item list or a TekTek if possible)]
[/align]

OC Art
[align=center]
[img]http://i935.photobucket.com/albums/ad193/nanzzy_rulezz/Lay-Outs/Random Lay-Outs/cooltext1901999653.png[/img]
[b]Username:[/b] [your name goes here]
[b]OC I want drawn:[/b] [name of your OC, some references (preferably thumbnails or links, try to spoiler-tag anything over 200px high)]
[b]Short description (optional):[/b] [try to summarize your OC's personality in a few sentences max to give the artists an idea of how to draw them]
[/align]

Meet The Artists
Below you will find samples and personal rules of all official artists~

User ImageTheMainCharacter1
Samples:
| | | |
---

User ImageBlubbuns
Samples:
| | |
Art tumblr

User ImageSimply Grim
Samples:
| | |
Is okay with being quoted! | Art tumblr

User ImageNikko Roseus
Samples:
| |
DeviantArt

User ImageKuyusi
Samples:
| | |
Is okay with being quoted, but can't guarantee art due to limited free time. | Art Shop

User Imagesystemfailure99
Samples:
| | | |
Would like to be quoted! | DeviantArt

User ImageEnpuresu
Samples:

Is okay with being quoted! | DeviantArt

User ImageChihari the Kiwi
Samples:
| | |
Is okay with being quoted!

User ImageStrawberryZ0mbie
Samples:
| |
Would like to be quoted!

User ImageII Chibisaurus II
Samples:
| |
Is okay with being quoted! | DeviantArt

User ImageFreaque of Nature
Samples:
| | | |
Would like to be quoted! | Males only

User Imagehavockitty
Samples:
| | | |

User ImageEden-san
Samples:
| | | |
Prefers males

User ImageNiki-Senpai
Samples:
| | |
Art shop

Note for the artists
If you'd like to be an official artist for the thread, shoot me (Nanzzy-chan) a PM with the following info:
- Username
- 2-5 samples (can be more, but 5 should be enough to get a feel really)
- If needed, any notes about whether you'd like to be quoted or not, a link to your art shop, whatever you want.

You can of course still draw people if you're not on the list; this is just to give the thread dwellers an idea of what to expect~

Kuyusi's Partner

Apocalyptic Trash

Well hello there! I'm Lapsis Stella or just Stella, whichever you prefer to call me. This Valentine's I'm having a hard time writing a poem for my waifu, Kuyusi. I haven't had the time to make up any sort of poem while I'm sure I'll be lavished with glorious gifts from my waifu. So what I need is an awesome poem to gift to my waifu. It can be funny or sappy or sexy (as long as it's within ToS guidelines) as long as it's original and hasn't been ripped off from a famous author or the internet.

So get those creative minds to work and write the best Valentine's Day poem ever. I don't care if it rhymes or not just have fun with it! I just hope my waifu will love it.You have until the event ends to enter!

Rules:

1) Must be your own creation
2) Must follow Gaia's ToS
3) Must not be plagiarized

Prizes!

The lucky winner will receive the five pack February MC
The Runner up will receive two February MCs

How to enter:

Just quote me!

Entries:
'Hydro: Valentine's day is mushy
and chocolate is gooey
My recipe for you
is not red or blue.

It is a song only for your ears
and I only sing for you dear
It is a sonnet crisp and bright
and I can only write for your delight.

Tell me what would be best
no matter how hard the test
My valentine's wish is of
what would make you smile, Love.

frozen_flames06:My dear, my love of you is to be heard,
on a thousand bells being dropped by blue birds.
With a bow and a sweet kiss,
which always leave my heart in bliss.
My words can never be untold.

Darling, do you know why the winds wail?
Their voice and song to you in compared, quite pale.
Boxes full of notes and a silver quill,
your presence leaves my soul so still.
Promise to stay for a while?

Tear of Fate:loving words from gental lips,
A worldly desire or a simple kiss,
Hands embracing and playfull dips,
Danceing hearts me and my Miss,

A simple Hello,
A splendid Night,
Wind sweeping us up so mellow,
your hair dancing like spider silk in the moons light,

Spinning spinning among the Trees we dance are night away,
just you and me,
so let it be,
Please lets Stay...

Pixitella: I can no longer hear the music of the night
only our hearts pounding each others name

I see myself reflected in your eyes
and you see yourself mirrored in mine

Love unconditional
We have walked beyond destiny
The stars and the moon bear witness to you and I

Gentlemanly Swindler:
The days before our paths did cross,
I didn't know the greatest loss
of my time spent living idly,
without your presence here beside me.

Now that I know your gentle warmth,
your glowing face, and radiant form,
I cannot rest without you near,
my better half, my wife, my dear.

You chase away the storm inside me,
love and calm and hearth provide me.
My wit you match, my heart you know,
I'll never love another so.

One day I know it all must end,
Ashes to life to dust again.
But with no other would I toil,
'til the day we turn to soil.

Returned to God or cease to be,
what lies beyond I cannot see.
But this I know, your kiss, your smile,
you are what makes this life worthwhile.

As gifts no gem or jewel will do,
for this I pledge my life to you.
What little worth there lies in me,
is ours to share, I guarantee.

So let us carry on my wife,
my equal partner, all our life,
in caring for each other so;
From here our love can only grow.

Sage Holwell:Your heart is a shimmering beacon;
Calling out to its partner
And drawing me closer to you
So our beats might synchronize.

Your body is a soft temptation;
Pliable and willing
To be bent and molded
To mesh with your missing piece.

Your face is a masterpiece;
Formed by the touch of angels
And graced with otherworldly beauty
That ensnares me like a stray beast.

Your very essence is love;
Offering me a loving heart,
A gentle touch,
And a glorious visage.

I love every piece of you;
From your hair to your toes,
You are perfection to me.
I adore you above all things.

MiStyle:O' gentle lover,
From thralls of kindred and youthful embrace,
An angelic beauty,
Smiling upon, and illuminating me,
I am wistfully smitten,
Heaven!

The feted cumulus that which upon you slumber,
The falling feathers, turned idle,
Winded by the feasting eyes of tempests,
Of grace and gravitas,
gravitate toward my earthen bound,
Instilling me with the fervent kiss of opaque flurry.

O' sweet remembrance,
My sullen lips, dapper then,
Once pondered in your essence,
And lightly strayed to your forehead, bare,
As if in offer of sweet remiss;
A calmness before calamity.

The sincerity of it all!
Vainglorious and gallant,
To make hopeful: your desires,
Silent and virile;
The truthfulness of your world.

The mightiness of my love,