Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tigris_Altacia rolled 0 4-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Lady Luck - The Games' Official Bookie

Event RP | Contest | Volunteer | Discussion | OOC | Profiles | Vendors

What's a sporting event without a little shady gambling going on?

It may be just a caged little room built into the side of the Colosseum walls but we've got the booth facing the arena sands with plenty of room for people to gather around it so if you've got a bit of gold burning a hole in your pocket you can put it on the line and maybe turn it into a lot of gold - or lose it all. Come on, offer your hard earned savings up to Lady Luck and see if she smiles.

What are We Betting On?
Lady Luck is the Official Bookie for the SDRP Summer Games - a fight scene writing elimination round contest. When each round begins I will announce it here and start collecting bets on who will win that round. Check the event's Rounds post or the Announcements thread below to see who's fighting who and once their fights are posted I'll link them in the announcement below so you can read them over and pick your winner.

How to Place a Bet:
Bet on your favorite fighter by simply starting a trade with me, the shop owner (Tigris_Altacia) for the amount of your bet then filling out and posting a Bet Ticket to this thread. I will accept your trade and once you finalize it I'll add you to the official bet list. The trade must be completed before the fight's winner is announced or the bet will be void (and trade rejected).

[size=18]Bet Ticket[/size]
[b]Username:[/b]
[b]Round/Fight:[/b]
[b]Winner:[/b]
[b]Amount:[/b]

Payout:
When each round's winner is announced, anyone holding a winning ticket for that round will be refunded their bet and given a percentage of the leftover equal to the percentage of the refunded gold that they put in. The more you bet the more you get back. The more gold lost on the bet, the more the winners win.

Dice Games
Because people like random number generators, we'll be having some dice games to go along with the more traditional fight betting. I'll change the games up every so often so check here to see what's going on with that at the time.

This indeterminate time span's games of choice:

Highest Number: roll 1d100 (one 100 sided die). At the end of next week (10/05/12), whoever has the highest number wins 100,000g. If there's a tie then the first to get the number wins.
Winner 09/28/12: Watervoir

Snake Eyes: roll 2d6 (two 6 sided dice) and the first ten players to roll double 1s win 1,000g.

Lucky Number Seven: roll 2d6 (two 6 sided dice) and the first ten players with rolls that add up to seven win 1,000g.

How Do I Roll Dice?
When you make a post look to the menus on the right of the page. Click the 'Post Action' dropdown and select 'Roll Dice' to get the dice menu. Select the appropriate die size and type in the number of die then submit your post. It's that easy!

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Rules
1.) Follow Gaia TOS. I’d hate to have to report anyone.
2.) Use your head, don't be stupid or rude.
3.) No Spamming, it's rude.
4.) Be patient. The fighters will have a week after the announcement to turn in their fights and then the judges will have a few days to decide on which fight wins. Bets will close out and winnings given by the time the next round is announced (two weeks after the last round).
5.) Please don't flame if you lose a bet. It's a gamble.

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Announcements

Let the Games Begin!

Round Two
These fights may have special conditions.

Round Two: Fight One
    Takamura Kobayashi (Takamura Kobayashi): From realms unknown, he has traveled through time and space to be with us tonight. IT'S TAKI!!!!!
    VS

Kojiro Izayoi (FalconBlade7591): And now stepping into the ring is the Half-pint fighter that Winter left behind!

Round One
The first round will be a basic arena fight, no special rules, no obstacles, just two fighters and the Colosseum sands.

Round One: Fight One
    Kel-Zied (KillerWarrior13): He may not look like much, but rumor has it he can shoot the wart off a witch's nose a mile away! Give it up for Gunslinger and Witch Wart Remover.. Old Man KEL-ZIED!
    VS

Prince Loppiesille Pansyloons (sixii): Who says royalty can't pack a punch? Coming all the way from the frosted Appalachians of Candy Land, please welcome - oh, dear. Er. Ahem. Please welcome Prince Loppiesille Pa... Pansyloons de Poppykins XIV!

Round One: Fight Two
    Takamura Kobayashi (Takamura Kobayashi): From realms unknown, he has traveled through time and space to be with us tonight. IT'S TAKI!!!!!
    VS

Hikaru (terminallyCapricious_TC): Know body knows who he is, and no ones lived to tell us, heres Hikaru! the unknown assassin of the east!

Round One: Fight Three
    Djorvic R. Gregor (NlETZSCHE): Here we have the man with the plan! Our brave hero! Taking a break from power leveling, and here to bring the strategy, Djorvic R. Gregor!!!
    VS

Willam McFadden (SiberDrac): Hailing from... well, that section's blank... ~ahem~ Willam McFadden, the wandering nomad pokémon trainer enters the ring today for a chance to win... money. He's not after fame or a name, ladies and gentlemen, just the money. Having abandoned his home after a nuclear apocalypse, he's just trying to stay alive! So... here he is! Willammmmmmmm McFadden!

Round One: Fight Four
    John Thunder (Venom3001): JOHN THUNDER, the Wizard Wonder arrives to THUNDEROUS applause! This match should be ENLIGHTENING!"
    VS

Vyra (Natasha _x-X-x_ Exotica): People of the audience, Allow me to introduce a fighter who is out of this world! She's lean, she's mean, she's an all out battle machine! You better go big or go home with this do or die harbinger of death and destruction! Standing at six-foot-two and weighing in at nearly four-hundred pounds. Today's stone cold contender, Vyra!!

Round One: Fight Five
    Pheobe Hunter (Angelic Arisa): Looking down on her isn't good because she can break your body in two, introducing...Pheobe Hunter!
    VS

Bonnie Valentine (OriginalSooshi): Watch out for the hunter with the vicious attitude - if you get on her bad side, get ready to meet your maker. Say hello to BONNIE VALENTINE!

Round One: Fight Six
    Clover (SCP-0): Coming from Hell's Gates, Age 19, Beautiful young Clover!, The Cutest weapon of pure destruction at your door step, Ladies and gentlemen you might want to sit at the back for your own safety!
    VS

Junya Thornborne (Divine-Beauti's): Arriving from the rolling hills of Farfar is Junya Thornborne. Her hobbies include cooking, asking unnecessary questions, and throwing daggers! Please keep an eye out for daggers randomly placed around the Colosseum grounds she has asked the audience members to refrain from touching them. Ladies and Gents, not to be confused with the Thornberry’s, I give you Juuunnyyyaaa Thornborne!!

Round One: Fight Seven
    Kojiro Izayoi (FalconBlade7591): And now stepping into the ring is the Half-pint fighter that Winter left behind!
    VS

Dale Feery (starwarsbaby): He's 15 and ready to roll withe the, uh, magic? he doesn't really punch, so, um, okay, I guess we have here Daaaaaaaaalllle Feeeeeeeryyy.

Round One: Fight Eight
    Lee Wilkes (bungoosekey): Here he is. At 6 foot 2 inches and 185 pounds. The human punching bag, Lee Wilkes!
    VS

Artemis Nove (MidnightFyre): A quiet traveller with an unknown, dark past and a walking contradictory, people of Gaia, be amazed at the sight of the one who makes you look like a foo! Please give a great round of applause to the Golden Boy of the Century, Artemis Nova!!

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Ticket Holders

Once your trade is complete I'll add you to this list.

Watervoir
Bet Ticket
Username: Watervoir
Round/Fight: Round 2
Winner: Kojiro Izayoi
Amount: 5k

Lucky Noob

Huh, I didn't know something like this existed!

Malevolent Phantom

It looks like you put a lot of effort into writing this so I gave a <3

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
sixii
Huh, I didn't know something like this existed!

Heh, pretty neat huh?

You can place a bet if you like. Though I'm not sure if you can bet on your own fights. I loved your fight btw!

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
JusticeDevil
It looks like you put a lot of effort into writing this so I gave a <3

Awww. . . thanks. You should check out the rest of the event and see how ridiculously much effort went into it.

Care to place a bet? The fights are in but the Judges haven't called them yet so you've a little time.

Malevolent Phantom

Tigris_Altacia

You're welcome. :3
The event is too complicated for someone like me xD
I don't have much gold to place a bet so I'll have to pass. Sorry >_<

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Judges have announced the first two fights but there's still time for the others! Come on and put your money down for your favorite fighter!

gum disease's Husbando

Dangerous Glitch

So if I bet on both players in a round... then I'd win either way...? twisted
Watervoir
So if I bet on both players in a round... then I'd win either way...? twisted
Pessimistic view of that is you'd lose either way. >.>

Distinct Hunter

Jikial wants to play some dice.

Some dice.

Rawr.

Let's open some side-betting on something.

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Oh yeah. . . I was supposed to do dice. . .

Have that up in a minute. In the mean time, all the fights are in for the last three matches of round one so place your bets quick before the judges make their calls.

6,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
We now have DICE~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items