Welcome to Gaia! ::

We have not forgot about Check-In, nope nope.

But ER is MIA :c we hope to wait for her a little bit longer. 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
If she does not show before this weekend we will go ahead with out her T.T 0.11111111111111 11.1% [ 7 ]
What time would be best? 0.31746031746032 31.7% [ 20 ]
Noon Saturday (Central time) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
Noon Sunday (Central time) 0.19047619047619 19.0% [ 12 ]
Total Votes:[ 63 ]

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
allmostanyone
What is the Finnish word for he/she? Perhaps Ki would be comfortable with that :D
Unlikely.
They rejected other ways to refer to them without specifying a gender, because they were too obscure, so I reckon using a word from another language would fit under that category, sadly.

Asexual? That's a sexuality, not a gender... so I'm confused as to how that fits in with words to related to gender.

Oh noes. A nice person! *faints* <3

XD We were made to learn it at school. I enjoyed it, but my peers...? Hah.
You can always learn noooow. You have your life ahead of you to learn all the things you want~ biggrin

User Image

Rainbow Noob

I call everyone dude and babe, and they can just deal with it. emotion_dealwithit

For real though, I don't like being called a he, but if I was all kinds of genderconfused, I would probably not inconvenience other people by insisting they not call me he/she without providing an acceptable alternative.

Swedish is such a cool language. English lacks some really important words. I should make a list.
The only other language I think in is Japanese. Being a weeaboo and all. Even though I absolutely cannot speak it. That's part of being a weeaboo. emotion_yatta

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
1. omg your avatar Stoploook. emotion_kirakira

I don't mind being call babe, but had you called me "dude" ~two years back, as some people did, it would have made me SO uncomfortable. Was a strange few months for me, back then, had gender issues of my own then.

Ki prefers they, but I think everyone else uses "she" for them still. Either Ki's not managed to tell them anything yet, which is what I believe is the case, or they all fail and are rude.
I know that, despite their appearance, people still think of them as female... unless they're meeting Ki for the first time, then they assume that Ki's male. Is rather awesome.

User Image

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
PinkXxKiss
allmostanyone
What is the Finnish word for he/she? Perhaps Ki would be comfortable with that :D
Unlikely.
They rejected other ways to refer to them without specifying a gender, because they were too obscure, so I reckon using a word from another language would fit under that category, sadly.

Asexual? That's a sexuality, not a gender... so I'm confused as to how that fits in with words to related to gender.

You can always learn noooow. You have your life ahead of you to learn all the things you want~ biggrin

User Image

Ah -n- yeah, as I was thinking about it I realized pretty much that, I mean, if a person felt they were nether he/she does that make them a nothing? No, I couldn't want to be called a nothing. Having a proper name is not a nothing, but people will not easily agree on what that name should be :c

Oh, because I was thinking about her I sort of tossed it in there >< it was another thing she didnt think of herself as. My sister asked if she felt attracted to guys, girls, both, none, she wouldn't say. I felt she was, in a way, forcing herself to be more of a "nothing" by not knowing about herself. She took female hormones but always dressed boy-ish and strapped her chest down. Poor thing was definitely lost.

>//< Dont tell Ki I made you faint c;

They made us learn English which was like, nap time for me xDDD
Yeah >< I could and should :3 people ask "what's the point" I just think it's for the fun of it. The told the Dean I wan't to learn Japans he told me to forget about it, Chains is where it's at xD businesses are in demand of people who can translate. I told him I was just doing it for fun but he was like "No no, think about what's good for your future"

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
raspberry gateaux
I call everyone dude and babe, and they can just deal with it. emotion_dealwithit

Omg this xD
I should try this for a day, people will be wearied out emotion_dowant

Rainbow Noob

PinkXxKiss
1. omg your avatar Stoploook. emotion_kirakira

I don't mind being call babe, but had you called me "dude" ~two years back, as some people did, it would have made me SO uncomfortable. Was a strange few months for me, back then, had gender issues of my own then.

Ki prefers they, but I think everyone else uses "she" for them still. Either Ki's not managed to tell them anything yet, which is what I believe is the case, or they all fail and are rude.
I know that, despite their appearance, people still think of them as female... unless they're meeting Ki for the first time, then they assume that Ki's male. Is rather awesome.

User Image

NINJOWL. cat_ninja
I could probably make a pretty good owl if I actually tried. ¦D

Well. That's understandable. It's probably a cultural difference as well.. We dude it up here in America. Which is weird, because I use dude in the sense of "thing that has a p***s" too!
Augh. Now I've gone and confused myself entirely...

Poor Ki. :c Sucks to have to tell people that all the time. I really do wish English had gender neutral words, because I've met enough people I wasn't sure of. M... maybe that's why I use dude?

My head hurts...

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
allmostanyone
PinkXxKiss
allmostanyone
Unlikely.

User Image

Ah -n- yeah, as I was thinking about it I realized pretty much that, I mean, if a person felt they were nether he/she does that make them a nothing? No, I couldn't want to be called a nothing. Having a proper name is not a nothing, but people will not easily agree on what that name should be :c

Oh, because I was thinking about her I sort of tossed it in there >< it was another thing she didnt think of herself as. My sister asked if she felt attracted to guys, girls, both, none, she wouldn't say. I felt she was, in a way, forcing herself to be more of a "nothing" by not knowing about herself. She took female hormones but always dressed boy-ish and strapped her chest down. Poor thing was definitely lost.

>//< Dont tell Ki I made you faint c;

They made us learn English which was like, nap time for me xDDD
Yeah >< I could and should :3 people ask "what's the point" I just think it's for the fun of it. The told the Dean I wan't to learn Japans he told me to forget about it, Chains is where it's at xD businesses are in demand of people who can translate. I told him I was just doing it for fun but he was like "No no, think about what's good for your future"
Oh no, Ki is not a "nothing", we just lack a decide word. >( Well, there are some words, but Ki doesn't think that many of them fit.
I sometimes joke about them being a them though, blaming it on them having too much awesome for just one person, so we have to refer to them as "more than one". xD;;

xD Ah. That makes sense. And it's possible that she didn't know, it took Sa until last year to realise that they were Ace, and me most of my 21 years to become comfortable with the fact that I like people, not their gender's - or lack of gender, and that that's okay, and that I don't *NEED* to label myself, and that's okay too.
I hope she wore an actual binder or two, for strapping her chest, using bandages is dangerous. [Ki binds.]

XD I won't!

XD We had English classes, but it wasn't learning the language, it was more about poetry and writting and all of the things.
Knowing languages is super fun. smile And not everything in life needs a point. :3

User Image

Rainbow Noob

allmostanyone
raspberry gateaux

Omg this xD
I should try this for a day, people will be wearied out emotion_dowant

Nu-uh.
They will think you are the heppest of cats.
Forreal.

Rainbow Noob

PinkXxKiss
I hope she wore an actual binder or two, for strapping her chest, using bandages is dangerous. [ki binds.

They actually sell things for that? o:
please don't make me google it.

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
raspberry gateaux

NINJOWL. cat_ninja
I could probably make a pretty good owl if I actually tried. ¦D

Well. That's understandable. It's probably a cultural difference as well.. We dude it up here in America. Which is weird, because I use dude in the sense of "thing that has a p***s" too!
Augh. Now I've gone and confused myself entirely...

Poor Ki. :c Sucks to have to tell people that all the time. I really do wish English had gender neutral words, because I've met enough people I wasn't sure of. M... maybe that's why I use dude?

My head hurts...
XD I bet you could!

Dude, and stuff, are used in a slightly more gender neutral fashion here too... but it's also gendered, so it's a strange word. And made me highly uncomfortable for a while, as I said.

They don't tell people, I don't think. I think they might eventually though, as they get more comfortable with being themself and being themself around others too.
I wish it were so too, which often results in me just using "they" for whoever they are.
And it could be, as it just have *slight* genderneutral tones, as I mentioned before [and you know, derp].

XD Welcome to the world of dealing with gender issues in depth.

User Image

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
raspberry gateaux
PinkXxKiss
I hope she wore an actual binder or two, for strapping her chest, using bandages is dangerous. [ki binds.

They actually sell things for that? o:
please don't make me google it.
Of course they do!
Wikipedia. One of the sites Ki uses to buy binders.
It's impressive how well they work, while Ki only has... B cup boobs anyways the wearing of the binders really does make them look flatchested.
There are times when I'm jealous, but, for the most part, I prefer having boobs.

User Image

Rainbow Noob

At least they're comfortable enough to have told some people. And dress how they like. Takes a lot of courage for most.

And holy cow those things are amazing. eek
Looks a bit painful but... it must not be that bad, I mean, if they're specifically engineered to do something like that... I would hope it's not... DX

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
raspberry gateaux
At least they're comfortable enough to have told some people. And dress how they like. Takes a lot of courage for most.

And holy cow those things are amazing. eek
Looks a bit painful but... it must not be that bad, I mean, if they're specifically engineered to do something like that... I would hope it's not... DX
I think they've only told me [and Sa, before she dumped me and then completely cut us out of her life without so much as a by-your-leave, hmph]. Their parents know somethings, but... I think I'm the only one they've told told.
They're fine with me telling others though, I do check these things. >w>;;;
And aye, it's taken Ki years to work towards where they are now. And we still have a way to go, but we'll get there. :3

Yes! They really are amazing!
Can be painful, Ki tells me, but that's only because Ki keeps getting smaller ones, despite not losing any weight, which means that they compress their chest more... but also hinder their breathing a touch more, and can cause discomfort. It's way better for them than being unbound though, they can't cope when they're like that, or even when they're out in a sports bra [which does compress a bit, not enough for Ki to be comofortable though].
*/ramble* Ki said that you get used to the slight hindering of breathing and pain though [which wouldn't be too much in one that's the right size].

User Image

Dangerous Friend

19,400 Points
  • Trick or Treat 100
  • Jack-pot 100
Aww, I think that's a nice complement >w<

It's possible, I imagine she was probably ill treated in school and such so I can understand if she didn't want to be open about. Unfortunately though, it made her rather cold and unapproachable, she would never say "hi" to the person who'd pick up the phone, just immediately say "Johaynah (my sister)"

I seem to recall ducked-tape ono but that's probably something else in my mind. I do know she used a real binder, if she always did, i dont know.

Desirable Nerd

16,050 Points
  • Nerd 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
allmostanyone
Aww, I think that's a nice complement >w<

It's possible, I imagine she was probably ill treated in school and such so I can understand if she didn't want to be open about. Unfortunately though, it made her rather cold and unapproachable, she would never say "hi" to the person who'd pick up the phone, just immediately say "Johaynah (my sister)"

I seem to recall ducked-tape ono but that's probably something else in my mind. I do know she used a real binder, if she always did, i dont know.
>w<

Quite possibly! I know how I was bullied for my percieved sexuality, and how Ki's been harrassed for their sexuality AND their gender expression. Ugh.
She could have issues with telephones, I know I do.
And, if she were bullied, I know full well that it can scar a person and strongly influence how they interact with others. Ugh. Dx;;

Duck tape? D: Noooot goooood.
But an actually binder is good. :3

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out