Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Hi, all!

You can call me Rachel. smile

I just came back to Gaia after a three year hiatus and was browsing the forums when I found you all! I'm almost 32 weeks with my first, so we're getting close! Eek! We just put up the cosleeper the other day, and now it REALLY is starting to look like a baby lives here. It's pretty crazy.

No idea what the sex is. I'm really against gender stereotypes, and I didn't want people stereotyping my baby before s/he is born. We call him/her Stormy right now, but s/he'll get an actual name once born. (Also, yes, that is a Doctor Who reference.)

Planning a natural hospital birth. I'm convinced that women's bodies were designed to give birth naturally, so I don't want any interventions unless they are medically necessary.

Faerie - I've also got an anterior placenta, which was super annoying at first, since it took forever for me to start feeling movements, but now I feel them all the time, and it's funny to watch my tummy dance when Stormy moves!

Also, congrats to all those who just recently found out! I wish you easy pregnancies!!
Hi. I am Amme. I had sex during my fertile period this month. 7 days til missed period. How early should I test?

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
Hi ladies! I'm 7 weeks today and my Ovia app says that my little tadpole is the size of a Raspberry! I have to say that I'm pretty excited for the ultrasound next week (provided that we get one) even though all the blood work really freaks me out.

My depression has been getting the better of me these last few days and it has caused my hubs and I to start drifting. He's stressed out about bills, I wasn't able to work these past 4 days because morning sickness was kicking my a**. It's just been rough for us. It's hard not to relapse but I'm definitely working on it.

Do any of you know if my midwife would be able to help me get on depression meds?

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Back2TheSceneOfTheCrime
Hi. I am Amme. I had sex during my fertile period this month. 7 days til missed period. How early should I test?
You could test now but it may be to early to tell, to keep you most sane I suggest waiting till the day of your expected period.

Peprika - Is your midwife a CNM, CPM or direct entry/lay midwife? The CNM midwife is the only type of midwife who may possibly be able to help you get to the right people for medication.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Peprika

Do any of you know if my midwife would be able to help me get on depression meds?

It depends on whether your midwife is legally allowed to prescribe medications or not.

I'm usually an advocate of going to a psychiatrist for depression meds though, because that is what they specialize in.

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
crying Everyone is posting their christmas trees, and we won't have on this year.

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
@Ara: Thanks, I'll see if she can point me towards one. I'm pretty new to the area.
@Venus: *hugs* It's okay, we don't have one either.

Also. I'm struggling to keep this job. We need the money for Christmas and well, life, but it's physically too much on my pregnant body. I'm constantly feeling dizzy and like I'm going to pass out. It's like being drunk at work. I don't want to quit now while I have no back-up job, but I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I'm going try and stick it out for the next week because my first OB appointment is Tuesday, but after that I think I may leave. I love my job but I just physically can't do it.
Peprika
@Ara: Thanks, I'll see if she can point me towards one. I'm pretty new to the area.

Also. I'm struggling to keep this job. We need the money for Christmas and well, life, but it's physically too much on my pregnant body. I'm constantly feeling dizzy and like I'm going to pass out. It's like being drunk at work. I don't want to quit now while I have no back-up job, but I don't know how much longer I can keep doing this. I'm going try and stick it out for the next week because my first OB appointment is Tuesday, but after that I think I may leave. I love my job but I just physically can't do it.

So sorry you're feeling so icky! First tri can be really rough. Try to make sure you're eating often enough and eating meals that have quite a bit of protein and slow-digesting carbs to make sure that your blood sugar stays steady. A lot of times, that's what causes dizziness and morning sickness. Good luck!

0x_Beryl_x0 rolled 0 4-sided dice: Total: 0 (0-0)

10,925 Points
  • Ghost Hunter 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Millionaire 200
My name is Beryl, and I'm 13 weeks along in my first pregnancy.

I'm a college student in my 5th semester studying elementary education; however, I'm taking the next semester off and I'm not sure when I'll be able to go back. I use to work two jobs, but I quit one that proved to be hazardous to my pregnancy. I recently lost my insurance, so I have only been to one doctor's appointment and one ultrasound. I'm working on getting more insurance. I'm unmarried, but I've been with the same man for going on five years now. I have no intention of getting married any time soon either. No one knows I'm pregnant except for a few coworkers and my boyfriend. My parents aren't in my life so I have no idea where to start in preparing for a baby.

Lucky Star

Welcome new people, and congrats!

@beryl: it's hard, but not impossible to finish school so don't give up. Make a plan on when you're gonna go back and stick to it. My friend had her son in 2012, 8 hours from family away at college and stuck to it and is graduating in a few weeks (she went to be a special education teacher) so don't give up, it can be done.

So we decorated our Christmas tree today...It's a little challenging with a big belly in the way lol.
Here's a pic of my belly from thanksgiving.
User Image

And what are you all craving?
For me it's jalapeno poppers, so badly....I didn't even like them before...But I'm debating sending dh to the store to get me some.... even though a box of only 6 costs $6 =/

Rooker's Waifu

Questionable Noob

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Hi ladies!

Its been a while...a long while since I've posted here, but I figured I'd start again because why not?

I'm Jessica. I'm 23 weeks and 5 days pregnant, and we are having third boy. Third pregnancy, fourth child. We adopted our third last year after being told we couldn't get pregnant anymore due to "unexplained secondary infertility". Clearly the doctor was wrong. So, I'm a doula and I also own my own cloth diaper service. I guess that's about it for me. Feels kind of weird posting just to chat anymore. lol

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Peprika

What do you do for a job? Do you get enough to drink and eat throughout the day? I am sure if you mention this to your doctor, your doctor could give you a doctors note telling your place of employment that you need some restrictions and extra help since you are pregnant.

Beryl- Hello and welcome! You can do it! I have two kids and still have only an associates degree but I will finish someday!

Hey Jess ^^

Noob

7,650 Points
  • Profitable 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Jolly Roger 50
I'm a performer at a theme park.

Wearing the costumes for half hours at a time can get really hot, heavy, and exhausting. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I haven't really been eating well, but all this baby wants is pizza and rice. It's hard to get anything else down. I'm already forcing myself to take my prenatals.

I'm trying to find a job doing front desk/receptionist but everyone wants "x" amount of years of experience that I don't have.

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
Peprika
I'm a performer at a theme park.

Wearing the costumes for half hours at a time can get really hot, heavy, and exhausting. I'm slightly ashamed to say that I haven't really been eating well, but all this baby wants is pizza and rice. It's hard to get anything else down. I'm already forcing myself to take my prenatals.

I'm trying to find a job doing front desk/receptionist but everyone wants "x" amount of years of experience that I don't have.
See if you can transfer to a different job in the amusment park that doesn't require a hot and heavy costume. It is possible.

Distinct Kitten

8,300 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Tycoon 200
User Image

User Image

User Image

User Image
emotion_awesome

Quick Reply

Submit