Welcome to Gaia! ::

If you could, how many babies would you have at once?

Just the one! 0.34771573604061 34.8% [ 137 ]
Twins! 0.37055837563452 37.1% [ 146 ]
Triplets! 0.035532994923858 3.6% [ 14 ]
Quadruplets! 0.0025380710659898 0.3% [ 1 ]
5+ 0.015228426395939 1.5% [ 6 ]
Gold please. 0.22842639593909 22.8% [ 90 ]
Total Votes:[ 394 ]

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
spacekitten
Craven Sapphire
I'm not pregnant nor TTC atm because we don't have the money for a child right now, but I've been lurking about and figured since we do plan on having a family someday that I should learn as much as possible now instead of waiting until I'm prego and winging it.
Not going to lie, I've been having mad baby fever, but realistically speaking I know my s.o. and I are not ready for a little one nor will be for a couple years.
I really do get depressed about it though because if only I had done things the right way, I'd be in a position to have a baby.
Oh, well.
At least I can learn about it so when I'm able I don't have to go in blind!
heart

Anywho, you can call me Sapphire.
I hope everyone's pregnancy is going great and I can't wait to see babies!
Any plans for Easter?
smile

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you! We're planning to start TTC at the end of this year/early next year, so long as our finances are in order, and the wait IS TOTALLY KILLING ME! It doesn't help that my sister-in-law is pregnant and my step sisters have adorable toddlers.

I'm a knitter and I'm trying SO hard not to knit all the baby things, but oh man do I want to knit some baby things. I knit some teeny tiny socks for the soon-to-be nephew and ZOMG THEY'RE SO CUTE I'm going to have a hard time giving them away!

Trust me. Knit the baby things. Pregnancy goes by so fast. I knitted a large baby blanket for my son and had it done a good 8 months before I got pregnant, but I am glad I did because now I get to knit all the little stuffs. and there are so many little stuffs to knit whee and my sister is pregnant and a couple of friends are pregnant/just had their babies so I have knitted little hats and socks and toys for all of them XD still working on two hats right now and just found a pattern at my lys a couple days ago for a baby cardigan that I really want to knit for my son next month and hopefully get it done before I go into labor.So yeah, at least start getting the big projects you want to do out of the way.

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Rejoices
PetiteChouchou
Rejoices

Honestly, I feel normal.. Which scares me A LOT.
Some might call it a blessing, but I want to feel the morning sickness, and the small aches. I'd like to be able to turn my nose up on my favorite food, and feel nausea at the smell of something. :/
I know everyone's pregnancy is different, but this is my first, and I'd love to feel it all.

The only thing I've experienced is the sore boobs, which isn't ANYTHING new to me because I normally get them a week before my period (Which is why I had no idea I was pregnant)
I was planning on going on an extreme new diet, only reason why I even checked to see if I was pregnant. And I'm glad I did. I don't know what told me to take the test, with no symptoms but it was definitely the correct call.

How many weeks along are you right now? I didn't have any symptoms with mine until i was 8 weeks. I had had some light cramping and I thought that my period would start but then it didn't. which I am irregular anyway because I have pcos. I had just missed two periods two months before and pregnancy tests had come back negative that time. so I made a dr appt for my pcos and then the night before my appt my nausea started. and let me tell you, when it hit, it hit HARD xp and then my boobs got so sore I thought they were going to fall off. So who knows, maybe you will get it in a week or two?
I'm not sure, I want to say I'm about 5 weeks, but my first doctor appointment is today, hoping I can get a good estimate (:
Now that you're telling me that, I think I better shut up and enjoy the no symptoms I do have Lol

just enjoy (or endure) it as it comes lol So your first prenatal appt is today?awesome! I'm not sure what week it is you can hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time since I was a little bit farther along when I had my first appointment but you very well may be able to today during your ultrasound. and you'll get to see that little body taking form for the first time. It's really special. I love my first ultrasound pictures that I have. they are so sweet.

Friendly Gaian

PetiteChouchou
Rejoices
PetiteChouchou
Rejoices

Honestly, I feel normal.. Which scares me A LOT.
Some might call it a blessing, but I want to feel the morning sickness, and the small aches. I'd like to be able to turn my nose up on my favorite food, and feel nausea at the smell of something. :/
I know everyone's pregnancy is different, but this is my first, and I'd love to feel it all.

The only thing I've experienced is the sore boobs, which isn't ANYTHING new to me because I normally get them a week before my period (Which is why I had no idea I was pregnant)
I was planning on going on an extreme new diet, only reason why I even checked to see if I was pregnant. And I'm glad I did. I don't know what told me to take the test, with no symptoms but it was definitely the correct call.

How many weeks along are you right now? I didn't have any symptoms with mine until i was 8 weeks. I had had some light cramping and I thought that my period would start but then it didn't. which I am irregular anyway because I have pcos. I had just missed two periods two months before and pregnancy tests had come back negative that time. so I made a dr appt for my pcos and then the night before my appt my nausea started. and let me tell you, when it hit, it hit HARD xp and then my boobs got so sore I thought they were going to fall off. So who knows, maybe you will get it in a week or two?
I'm not sure, I want to say I'm about 5 weeks, but my first doctor appointment is today, hoping I can get a good estimate (:
Now that you're telling me that, I think I better shut up and enjoy the no symptoms I do have Lol

just enjoy (or endure) it as it comes lol So your first prenatal appt is today?awesome! I'm not sure what week it is you can hear the baby's heartbeat for the first time since I was a little bit farther along when I had my first appointment but you very well may be able to today during your ultrasound. and you'll get to see that little body taking form for the first time. It's really special. I love my first ultrasound pictures that I have. they are so sweet.
I'm excited about all of it!
What should I expect coming into my first prenatal visit? Also, is it normal for your stomach to bloat (feels like all my stuff was pushed to the front/bottom of my stomach lol, it's really flabby, and not solid!) on the first trimester?

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
Rejoices

I'm excited about all of it!
What should I expect coming into my first prenatal visit? Also, is it normal for your stomach to bloat (feels like all my stuff was pushed to the front/bottom of my stomach lol, it's really flabby, and not solid!) on the first trimester?

Yeah I think that is normal. I know my first trimester I was thinking "I've put on weight...or something..." even though I actually lost about five lbs because of not being able to eat much. but then baby gets bigger and you get that nice firm pregnancy belly

first visit is usually pretty long. You do a little check up (blood pressure, weight, etc) and they typically do a pap smear, blood work (a lot of blood work), and an ultrasound to figure out how far along you are.

You'll have blood work 3 times during your pregnancy. once per trimester. the first one is the worst because they are checking you for EVERYTHING. So they will take a lot of blood. If you are like me and you have low blood pressure anyway make sure you make your dr aware of this before you have blood drawn. I didn't and they took 4 tubes of blood and I started passing out in the middle and had to get stuck in both arms. not fun. then your second trimester you do your glucose screening which is not bad at all. you drink a glucose drink that tastes like a really sweet, flat soda. and then an hour later they draw some blood and see if your glucose levels are normal or too high. and then the third trimester they draw a couple tubes of blood to test for std's again and some other things.

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PetiteChouchou
spacekitten
Craven Sapphire
I'm not pregnant nor TTC atm because we don't have the money for a child right now, but I've been lurking about and figured since we do plan on having a family someday that I should learn as much as possible now instead of waiting until I'm prego and winging it.
Not going to lie, I've been having mad baby fever, but realistically speaking I know my s.o. and I are not ready for a little one nor will be for a couple years.
I really do get depressed about it though because if only I had done things the right way, I'd be in a position to have a baby.
Oh, well.
heart

Any plans for Easter?
smile

Hey, I'm in the same boat as you! We're planning to start TTC at the end of this year/early next year, so long as our finances are in order, and the wait IS TOTALLY KILLING ME! It doesn't help that my sister-in-law is pregnant and my step sisters have adorable toddlers.

I'm a knitter and I'm trying SO hard not to knit all the baby things, but oh man do I want to knit some baby things. I knit some teeny tiny socks for the soon-to-be nephew and ZOMG THEY'RE SO CUTE I'm going to have a hard time giving them away!

Trust me. Knit the baby things. Pregnancy goes by so fast. I knitted a large baby blanket for my son and had it done a good 8 months before I got pregnant, but I am glad I did because now I get to knit all the little stuffs. and there are so many little stuffs to knit whee and my sister is pregnant and a couple of friends are pregnant/just had their babies so I have knitted little hats and socks and toys for all of them XD still working on two hats right now and just found a pattern at my lys a couple days ago for a baby cardigan that I really want to knit for my son next month and hopefully get it done before I go into labor.So yeah, at least start getting the big projects you want to do out of the way.

I am kind of superstitious about that! There's a chance we'll have to push our TTC start date back, and my cycles are weird so TTC might take us a long time, and I guess I don't want to tempt fate by making ALL THE BABY THINGS and then not actually get pregnant for another 2 years xp

But! I started a bee keeper's quilt at the start of the year. The theory was, I want to use up my scraps and make a quilt to fit our queen size bed, but gosh, I guess if I get pregnant, I'll just have to sew up what I have into a baby quilt. Heh heh....

I also may or may not have 2 tiny sweaters squirreled away somewhere.......

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
spacekitten
PetiteChouchou
spacekitten
Craven Sapphire
Oh, well.
heart

Any plans for Easter?
smile

I am kind of superstitious about that! There's a chance we'll have to push our TTC start date back, and my cycles are weird so TTC might take us a long time, and I guess I don't want to tempt fate by making ALL THE BABY THINGS and then not actually get pregnant for another 2 years xp

But! I started a bee keeper's quilt at the start of the year. The theory was, I want to use up my scraps and make a quilt to fit our queen size bed, but gosh, I guess if I get pregnant, I'll just have to sew up what I have into a baby quilt. Heh heh....

I also may or may not have 2 tiny sweaters squirreled away somewhere.......

I want to make a bee keeper's quilt! I have so much leftover sock yarn laying around and those are so pretty! and would look gorgeous in a nursery biggrin

When I read that last line I read it as "2 tiny squirrel sweaters" which would be absolutely adorable. but I'm sure the sweaters you made are equally adorable whether or not they have squirrels on them or are squirrel sized.....now I'm getting a pattern idea....for the first one. I'm not about to go trying to stick sweaters on the squirrels in my yard. xd

Luminosus's Wife

Sparkly Cutie-Pie

15,350 Points
  • Grunny Rainbow 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PetiteChouchou

I want to make a bee keeper's quilt! I have so much leftover sock yarn laying around and those are so pretty! and would look gorgeous in a nursery biggrin

When I read that last line I read it as "2 tiny squirrel sweaters" which would be absolutely adorable. but I'm sure the sweaters you made are equally adorable whether or not they have squirrels on them or are squirrel sized.....now I'm getting a pattern idea....for the first one. I'm not about to go trying to stick sweaters on the squirrels in my yard. xd

I actually have a pet (flying) squirrel! But I don't think she'd wear a teeny-tiny sweater. She'd probably claw my eyes out if I tried!

The quilt is so much fun to make! I have my scrap yarn, needles, and a bag of stuffing in a pouch that I take along for traveling. They're easy and brainless enough to knit while in the car or whatever, then I toss them into a big basket when I get home. I calculated that a queen size quilt will take me 900 or so hexipuffs, though, so its going to take awhile!

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
spacekitten
PetiteChouchou

I actually have a pet (flying) squirrel! But I don't think she'd wear a teeny-tiny sweater. She'd probably claw my eyes out if I tried!

The quilt is so much fun to make! I have my scrap yarn, needles, and a bag of stuffing in a pouch that I take along for traveling. They're easy and brainless enough to knit while in the car or whatever, then I toss them into a big basket when I get home. I calculated that a queen size quilt will take me 900 or so hexipuffs, though, so its going to take awhile!

900 hexipuffs is a lot, but I am still so going to have to do one of these! I also want to make a blanket out of granny squares (I crochet a little too but not much beyond a granny square) to put across the back of my couch. So much to do! but I guess it will be good to have a lot of little things to do after Tristan is born so I can just squeeze in a little bit of crafting here and there as I can get to it.
PetiteChouchou
spacekitten
PetiteChouchou

900 hexipuffs is a lot, but I am still so going to have to do one of these! I also want to make a blanket out of granny squares (I crochet a little too but not much beyond a granny square) to put across the back of my couch. So much to do! but I guess it will be good to have a lot of little things to do after Tristan is born so I can just squeeze in a little bit of crafting here and there as I can get to it.
Where are Jack and Santa? How should I know? I'm not their babysitter.
PetiteChouchou
KnitsyBitsySpiders
PetiteChouchou
I'm sure this has been asked/talked about before somewhere in this thread, but would anyone mind sharing with me their own personal experiences of natural birth? I was thinking I would get an epidural because my sister highly recommended it (she had it from the start with her first and is going to do the same with her second in a few weeks). but I am 33 weeks pregnant now and the closer it gets the more I am thinking I want to try a natural birth but I am still nervous about it because there seem to be so many horror stories out there.

so, being completely honest, how do you feel about natural childbirth vs. epidural and what were your natural childbirth experiences?

Having only had a c-section, I just have this to say: epidurals are the best thing ever. razz

so as I said in my reply to The_Perky_Thief, I think the possibility (however small) of having to have a csection is probably what I am most terrified of. So what was that like? was yours planned or no?

It was an emergency c-section. The cord was wrapped around his neck, and was constricting his breath with every contraction. It was a nightmare.

TBH I had no idea HOW common c-sections were when I was pregnant. I knew they did them often what for seemed like no reason, but I didn't know how likely it would be that I would end up needing one. So my best advice to ANY pregnant woman is to prepare yourself for that possiblity. Because you NEVER KNOW. I felt GUILTY (and I know I"m not alone there) for months after my son was born, because I felt that if I couldn't even give birth to him "the right way" how could I possibly be a good mom? Of course the two aren't synonymous, but the feeling of guilt was there for a long time.
disney butts
How did you guys deal with impatience during pregnancy? I try to remind myself to enjoy these moments while I can, but I want my babe here already. Did you pick up any hobbies or anything? Cause all I do after work is sit around and cry about how further along everyone is...

SLEEP. Seriously. It gets hard to sleep when you're at the end of your pregnancy, and of course you'll lose sleep when the baby comes... so sleep while you can!

Fashionable Fatcat

14,450 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Jack-pot 100
KnitsyBitsySpiders
PetiteChouchou
KnitsyBitsySpiders
PetiteChouchou
I'm sure this has been asked/talked about before somewhere in this thread, but would anyone mind sharing with me their own personal experiences of natural birth? I was thinking I would get an epidural because my sister highly recommended it (she had it from the start with her first and is going to do the same with her second in a few weeks). but I am 33 weeks pregnant now and the closer it gets the more I am thinking I want to try a natural birth but I am still nervous about it because there seem to be so many horror stories out there.

so, being completely honest, how do you feel about natural childbirth vs. epidural and what were your natural childbirth experiences?

Having only had a c-section, I just have this to say: epidurals are the best thing ever. razz

so as I said in my reply to The_Perky_Thief, I think the possibility (however small) of having to have a csection is probably what I am most terrified of. So what was that like? was yours planned or no?

It was an emergency c-section. The cord was wrapped around his neck, and was constricting his breath with every contraction. It was a nightmare.

TBH I had no idea HOW common c-sections were when I was pregnant. I knew they did them often what for seemed like no reason, but I didn't know how likely it would be that I would end up needing one. So my best advice to ANY pregnant woman is to prepare yourself for that possiblity. Because you NEVER KNOW. I felt GUILTY (and I know I"m not alone there) for months after my son was born, because I felt that if I couldn't even give birth to him "the right way" how could I possibly be a good mom? Of course the two aren't synonymous, but the feeling of guilt was there for a long time.

oh my goodness that would be so terrifying! I'm glad that everything was alright in the end. what was it like during the c section? Could you feel anything at all? was it really scary or were you just thinking about your son?
PetiteChouchou
KnitsyBitsySpiders
PetiteChouchou
KnitsyBitsySpiders
PetiteChouchou

oh my goodness that would be so terrifying! I'm glad that everything was alright in the end. what was it like during the c section? Could you feel anything at all? was it really scary or were you just thinking about your son?

Since I was 19, I had NO threshold for pain - I'm convinced that they do more pointless c-sections for younger mothers for this reason. Of course mine was warranted, but still.

I had had an epidural a couple hours before that, and I swear to god, it wore off as soon as they started to cut. It felt like they were trying to rip my bellybutton out - even though a c-section is several inches below there. I screamed bloody murder and they gave me some sort of drug cocktail to calm me down. THAT is why I felt so much guilt after Aden was born. Most women are awake and aware during c-sections - but not me. My ex swears up and down that I was awake, but for all I can remember, I feel like I wasn't. I came to after they had taken Aden out, but I didn't get to hold him like many moms do post-c-section. I was too high, and when they showed him to me, I just saw four faces spinning in front of me.

... HOpefully that doesn't give you nightmares!

Interesting Autobiographer

11,800 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Generous 100
4 days past due/// I am miserable and my doctor goes on vacation tomorrow.... Im a high risk pregnancy so I really need him to be here for the delivery if she comes.. Im kinda worried. He's a specialist and my chances of survival for this birth are already not in my favor.

Super scared. crying
Inspire Infekt
4 days past due/// I am miserable and my doctor goes on vacation tomorrow.... Im a high risk pregnancy so I really need him to be here for the delivery if she comes.. Im kinda worried. He's a specialist and my chances of survival for this birth are already not in my favor.

Super scared. crying

Why on EARTH is your doctor going on vacation when you could pop at any moment?? It's not like you're just a typical pregnancy... in which case, fine, anyone could take over... but it's kind of a special situation, obviously! Have you discussed your concerns with your doctor?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff