Diaper caddy/changing table 0.014492753623188 1.4% [ 1 ]
Video monitor 0.043478260869565 4.3% [ 3 ]
Other (please share!) 0.14492753623188 14.5% [ 10 ]
...gold.... 0.3768115942029 37.7% [ 26 ]
Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

ZellyKat
Crying it out.... sheesh, it's more like SCREAM TILL MY LUNGS BURST FROM MY CHEST IN FIRERY TORMENT!!!!

Holy cow, what has gotten into my baby?

Maybe you should go get her, instead of letting her believe that you abandoned her. That poor child.
Soraanki
Frau Holda

So how old are you two?

My kids? *points at sig* 4 and 1 and a half. 3nodding
ZellyKat
Sammiifayse
ZellyKat
Crying it out.... sheesh, it's more like SCREAM TILL MY LUNGS BURST FROM MY CHEST IN FIRERY TORMENT!!!!

Holy cow, what has gotten into my baby?

Oh I remember those days with Emmett. Now he screams bloody murder for 5 minutes, whimpers for the following 5 and is then gone vs the hour and a half it used to take me to put him to sleep, with him screaming, wriggling, pinching, scratching and biting the whole time.
CIO was my saviour!
So far we are at 15 minutes.. it's not working for her. right now that is.. and its only nap time. I'm gonna have to go rescue her soon. I think.

When I was first starting it, I gave Emmett 30 minutes, that's what my maternal child health nurse recommended when I mentioned to her I wanted to try CIO. After that, I would rescue him if he kept going. If he gets too distressed before that I'll go in, calm him down, put him back and go again.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
ZellyKat
Soraanki
Frau Holda
oooh wow! 10.8....oi you poor thing xD
Doctor says he thinks that baby is small. At my last appointment I measured right on 38 weeks, but the baby himself is only about 6.3 pounds as of last week is what they estimate. They say they will be very surprised if he is more then 7 and a half...which is a relief for me. (I'm quite tiny)

I want to be able to bf and hold the baby right away without being drowsy. I want to be able to walk around during labor. And I certainly want to be able to feel the urge to push...

The doc said my baby would be small too. No more than 6 pounds since I am small and I was a small 5 pound baby myself. Shoot, I squeezed out a 7.8 pounder. I.. was happy and shocked.. but damn those stitches. I took the epidural because I had back labor. No issues with the baby being droopy, I wasn't droopy (actually I was fricken hilarious, who knew my sense of humor would be intact at that point), and I still was able to hold and bf the baby right away.
Michael was a big baby-but when I asked, and said I'd been worried about it because he was a 10 or 11 pounder, the doctor laughed at me, and said there was no way in hell I was having more then an 8 pound kid. I laughed.

If I get back labor, I might change my mind about the epi-but as of now, I am really happy with my choice not to have it ya know? Of course anything can change in labor, but really, as long as my son gets into my arms healthy, I would do anything for that to occur. Preferably not, but anything that needs to be done will be done. Even if it's not what I really wanted.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
ZellyKat
Soraanki
Frau Holda
Doctor says he thinks that baby is small. At my last appointment I measured right on 38 weeks, but the baby himself is only about 6.3 pounds as of last week is what they estimate. They say they will be very surprised if he is more then 7 and a half...which is a relief for me. (I'm quite tiny)

I want to be able to bf and hold the baby right away without being drowsy. I want to be able to walk around during labor. And I certainly want to be able to feel the urge to push...

The doc said my baby would be small too. No more than 6 pounds since I am small and I was a small 5 pound baby myself. Shoot, I squeezed out a 7.8 pounder. I.. was happy and shocked.. but damn those stitches. I took the epidural because I had back labor. No issues with the baby being droopy, I wasn't droopy (actually I was fricken hilarious, who knew my sense of humor would be intact at that point), and I still was able to hold and bf the baby right away.

I actually was surprised with my epidural. I wasn't drowzy, neither was baby. I held and luffed him and breastfed him. Then when we changed rooms I got a shower. A glorious shower.

I did have a bout of depression, but that was mainly because I wasn't able to breastfeed like I wanted. Now I look at some of the issues that bfing mothers have and I'm happy that I don't have to deal with them myself. {I am not saying that people should or shouldn't breastfeed with my statement; there are pros and cons to either which way and a person should decide what works best with their family situation}
Soraanki
ZellyKat
Soraanki
Frau Holda

Michael was a big baby-but when I asked, and said I'd been worried about it because he was a 10 or 11 pounder, the doctor laughed at me, and said there was no way in hell I was having more then an 8 pound kid. I laughed.

If I get back labor, I might change my mind about the epi-but as of now, I am really happy with my choice not to have it ya know? Of course anything can change in labor, but really, as long as my son gets into my arms healthy, I would do anything for that to occur. Preferably not, but anything that needs to be done will be done. Even if it's not what I really wanted.

I had back labor with O, but my midwife did sterile water injections at pressure points in my low-back....instant relief! I don't know why the hell they don't offer those in hospitals....I'd gladly pay $300 or something for as awesome as it worked.
Digital Fiend
Thanks again. Like I said, I have stuff that usually does the trick to get him to poo, but I was out of it. It's just really annoying to do all that between feeds.

It makes me not want to try rice cereal at all really.

You don't have to start at rice cereal. I personally found it amazing & it's a lot gentler than straight formula is. Once Emmett started solids, he's gone back to having a much softer consistency, more newborn like poo. But where before it never used to bother him, now he cries as soon as he's pooed 'cause I think it aggravates his bottom.

Blue_666's Kouhai

Invisible Vampire

14,075 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
  • Pieversity 200
Frau Holda

Awww ^.^

Did you plan to have them at those intervals? My momma is asking (already) when I plan to have another. (There are 12 years between me and my youngest sister,) Idk what I should plan. Obviously I need to get through the divorce and the ex's trials and stuff, and see what happens with the guy I'm dating...but I was thinking 4 years apart, or 5...idk.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sammiifayse

I can't wait for him to finally get it down. It's so frustrating watching him be so close and not quite there!

And that urge not to do something to help them. Mainly because William is trying so hard to sit up. He gets half-way there and that's about it. I'm just like "You can doooo iiiiit, and then he falls back.

I mainly look forward to him sitting up on his own. Then we can have a lot more fun play.
Soraanki
Frau Holda

Awww ^.^

Did you plan to have them at those intervals? My momma is asking (already) when I plan to have another. (There are 12 years between me and my youngest sister,) Idk what I should plan. Obviously I need to get through the divorce and the ex's trials and stuff, and see what happens with the guy I'm dating...but I was thinking 4 years apart, or 5...idk.

It wasn't intentional....both weren't planned. My advice is to wait til the first one can understand and comply with the phase "please don't elbow mommy in the stomach". lol
Frau Holda
Soraanki
ZellyKat
Soraanki
Frau Holda

I had back labor with O, but my midwife did sterile water injections at pressure points in my low-back....instant relief! I don't know why the hell they don't offer those in hospitals....I'd gladly pay $300 or something for as awesome as it worked.

Water injections didn't work for me at all. We think it's because I was so dehydrated from being sick all the time, they weren't putting enough of a fluid block in between my spinal cord and everything else. Much the same way I was temporarily paralysed 'cause there wasn't a big enough fluid block.
Digital Fiend
Sammiifayse

I can't wait for him to finally get it down. It's so frustrating watching him be so close and not quite there!

And that urge not to do something to help them. Mainly because William is trying so hard to sit up. He gets half-way there and that's about it. I'm just like "You can doooo iiiiit, and then he falls back.

I mainly look forward to him sitting up on his own. Then we can have a lot more fun play.

Emmett can't sit himself up yet, but if I put him down in a seated position, he can hold himself up. He falls over less and less these days. When he was first learning, I would catch him, and then I stared to let him fall so he learnt what it was like, and after that, he started to learn to recover from it before it went too far.
I have so much fun playing with Emmett while he's sitting up.

OG Cutie-Pie

Yaaaay a parenting thread.

I've got four kids, ages 6(girl), 7(boy), 8(girl), and our newest little one is 7 months(boy). I'm a stay at home mom.

I see there was some talk about birth weights, so I'll share - my 7month old was 12lbs, and a fourth of an inch shy of 2ft long. lol I grow 'em big.

Precious Sweetheart

9,100 Points
  • Love Machine 150
  • Generous 100
User Image
User Image

emotion_bigheart Forgot to ask; Are babysitters welcome? emotion_kirakira

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
William loves his spoons. He had another half a pear and he's got some other food to try to after he wakes from his nap.

Other than that, I'll stand him up and put his hands on our ottoman while I sit behind him and just let him stand there.

He's also talking more which is music to my ears. Even though he has no idea what their meanings are yet, a lot of the syllables he puts together have great timing.

James asked him for a few more minutes of sleep and baby said "ok"

He also said no when he saw his nose suctionar when made me and James laugh really hard before I went about business.

He loves his bath water play time. It can usually calm him down whenever he's fussy. He enjoys playing on his mat and kicking at his piano. He likes laying on his crinkly tissue paper.

And generally putting everything he can into his mouth.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff