No longer accepting new votes.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nyatti
Yaaaay a parenting thread.

I've got four kids, ages 6(girl), 7(boy), 8(girl), and our newest little one is 7 months(boy). I'm a stay at home mom.

I see there was some talk about birth weights, so I'll share - my 7month old was 12lbs, and a fourth of an inch shy of 2ft long. lol I grow 'em big.

Aww! Back in the day my older brother was too long for the plastic cribs that they had in the hospital.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Princess Mi Amore Cadenza

emotion_bigheart Forgot to ask; Are babysitters welcome? emotion_kirakira

I would hope so! I'm sure you have advice to give and stories to tell like any other!
Nyatti

I've got four kids, ages 6(girl), 7(boy), 8(girl), and our newest little one is 7 months(boy). I'm a stay at home mom.

I see there was some talk about birth weights, so I'll share - my 7month old was 12lbs, and a fourth of an inch shy of 2ft long. lol I grow 'em big.

I'm worried my second is going to be huge. My first child (and only child at present) was 9lb 7oz and 21.5inches. They only get bigger after #1 so I've been told to expect nothing less than 10 and a half pounds for #2, at a minimum...

OG Cutie-Pie

Digital Fiend
Nyatti

Aww! Back in the day my older brother was too long for the plastic cribs that they had in the hospital.

Haha, that sounds like my guy. He had to spend some time in the NICU when he was born, and they didn't have anything to fit him...they had to borrow stuff from the pediatric unit instead. All the 0-3 month onesies we'd bought...useless!

He's even wearing 12-18 month stuff now. My cousin, who grows 'em small, has a three year old that's the same size. I had a giant, she had munchkin. It just tickles me.
Nyatti
Digital Fiend
Nyatti

Haha, that sounds like my guy. He had to spend some time in the NICU when he was born, and they didn't have anything to fit him...they had to borrow stuff from the pediatric unit instead. All the 0-3 month onesies we'd bought...useless!

He's even wearing 12-18 month stuff now. My cousin, who grows 'em small, has a three year old that's the same size. I had a giant, she had munchkin. It just tickles me.

There is 6 and a half months between Emmett and his older Twin cousins. For as long as Emmett has been around, they've been the same size, or Emmett has been slightly bigger. My SIL is pregnant now, and with Michale and I TTC, I'm willing to bet our #2 is going to dwarf her child, I wouldn't think she'd have anything more than an 8lb baby (neither she, nor her fiance` are very big). Emmett is 6mo on the 26th and already wearing 12mo clothes as well. He still has some 9-12mo that fit, but not many.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Nyatti

My sil's friend has a 7 month old, that's only a pound or two heavier than my {4 month tomorrow} old. rofl

I love my son's chubby thighs though. I love kissing them and making him laugh.

OG Cutie-Pie

Sammiifayse
Nyatti

I'm worried my second is going to be huge. My first child (and only child at present) was 9lb 7oz and 21.5inches. They only get bigger after #1 so I've been told to expect nothing less than 10 and a half pounds for #2, at a minimum...

While you never know, that was the case for me. I'm done having babies, but I'm certain that if I had another one, he or she would be born fully grown.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
Sammiifayse

There is 6 and a half months between Emmett and his older Twin cousins. For as long as Emmett has been around, they've been the same size, or Emmett has been slightly bigger. My SIL is pregnant now, and with Michale and I TTC, I'm willing to bet our #2 is going to dwarf her child, I wouldn't think she'd have anything more than an 8lb baby (neither she, nor her fiance` are very big). Emmett is 6mo on the 26th and already wearing 12mo clothes as well. He still has some 9-12mo that fit, but not many.

I think that's the saddest part about babies that grow fast. All the cute clothes don't fit. I mean, of course there are other ones that he can wear, but the cute small ones, noooooo.
Nyatti
Sammiifayse
Nyatti

While you never know, that was the case for me. I'm done having babies, but I'm certain that if I had another one, he or she would be born fully grown.

From what I understand, it's the case more often than not. #2 is going to be my last. We're working on trying to have that little one now. I've got all of Emmett clothes put away in a plastic storage crate waiting to be brought out when we get closer to knowing when #2 is going to arrive. I'll just wash the ones that are necessary (assuming my MIL doesn't buy out the store again).
Digital Fiend
Sammiifayse

I think that's the saddest part about babies that grow fast. All the cute clothes don't fit. I mean, of course there are other ones that he can wear, but the cute small ones, noooooo.

Yeah, and Emmett was always so big. When people were buying us clothes, I said not to buy anything smaller than a 000 'cause we had been told he was going to be big (never told how much he weighed or anything, just that he would be big). Even some of those he didn't fit into, and he didn't fit into any of it for long. He was in 00 before he was 2mo.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
My 4 month in a day old is wearing 6 month clothing. He'll still fit in 3-6 months, but it's still sad. I'm saving all the really cute stuff I like for later use.

Also, I hadn't told anyone online this, but I've been saving my favorite booties, socks, and mittens that he no longer wears. I'm also going to take all his toys that he doesn't play with anymore this Christmas and make them into ornaments. A toyland themed Christmas tree.

I'm really excited about it.

OG Cutie-Pie

Digital Fiend
Sammiifayse

One thing that's kinda bugged me is that it is so hard to find onesies past the 9 month size, and I *love* onesies, especially for around the house. Also, since I babywear, I like that onesies don't bunch up when I wrap.

OG Cutie-Pie

Digital Fiend
My 4 month in a day old is wearing 6 month clothing. He'll still fit in 3-6 months, but it's still sad. I'm saving all the really cute stuff I like for later use.

Also, I hadn't told anyone online this, but I've been saving my favorite booties, socks, and mittens that he no longer wears. I'm also going to take all his toys that he doesn't play with anymore this Christmas and make them into ornaments. A toyland themed Christmas tree.

I'm a total xmas scrooge, but that is a freaking BRILLIANT idea. I love that. heart
Digital Fiend

Aww that's an adorable idea.
I still have all of Emmett's stuff, but I'm not a real sentimental type, so not a lot of it is being kept once there is a different baby to pass it all along to. I have his suit from the wedding & his little wedding shoes that we'll keep safe, oh and the outfit he wore his first Christmas, but his sandals (so cute!) & most of his other bits and pieces will be shared around accordingly.
Now that I think about it, I'm kinda hoping #2 is a boy so I can just reuse all of Emmett's stuff & enjoy it all again!
Nyatti
Digital Fiend
Sammiifayse

One thing that's kinda bugged me is that it is so hard to find onesies past the 9 month size, and I *love* onesies, especially for around the house. Also, since I babywear, I like that onesies don't bunch up when I wrap.

In Australia we can get onesies right up to 12mo sizes (some even bigger I think). I personally am not a fan of onesies though. I'd rather see him in "real clothes" t-shirts & overalls etc. So many of Emmett's onesies are neglected for use 'cause I'd rather use his other clothes. So they end up being worn as pyjamas or on laundry day xD

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff