Welcome to Gaia! ::

What is your take on jealousy? Many many people are jealous at my school. It just gets to the point where they need to cut it out! Just because other people have what they don't have doesn't mean that they need to go spread out rumours or be all negative about it.

Lunatic

So, what happened to you that made you post this?
I'm jealous of my ex's new girlfriend. Not because she's with him, but because the b***h stole my family stare It's just weird seeing her and her child with my "in-laws" still. Other than that I'm not jealous of anyone/thing.

Adored Admirer

Sounds like envy, not jealousy.
Pseudo-Onkelos

It's the same thing.
Deliacroix
So, what happened to you that made you post this?

Nothing, just though that I'll get that off my chest.

Adored Admirer

xI Beautiful Liar
Pseudo-Onkelos

It's the same thing.

No it's not. Jealousy would mean something I have in possession is being threatened to be taken away, whereas envy would be something I want, but do not have.

Greedy Receiver

xI Beautiful Liar
Pseudo-Onkelos

It's the same thing.

• wiseGEEK

"Many people use the words jealousy and envy interchangeably to describe the same emotional response, a general feeling of resentment towards a perceived rival. While these emotions do tend to overlap in some respects, there are some fundamental differences between the two. Jealousy, for example, is almost exclusively a negative emotion, while envy can has some positive effects, such as a renewed interest in self-improvement."

Magical Tree

I've found most people who get envious of others over stuff or prettiness or whatever - those people are horridly insecure, and also possibly attention-whores. I avoid associating with those people. Nothing spells insta-drama like envious jerks.

Friendly Informer

7,200 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Informer 100
User Image xxx User Image xxx User Image

Jealousy usually stems from insecurity.
Though this depends on what you're jealous of. Being jealous of someone getting a new handbag isn't of much concern...
Unless you want to stab their eyes out to get it. confused

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Conservative Genius

32,750 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Firestarter 200
One cannot be too jealous for long, or else they'll turn into someone they're not.

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
I only have jealousy to traps that look better than me. I wanna get that good looking. emotion_kirakira

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Narcissistic Admiration
I'm jealous of my ex's new girlfriend. Not because she's with him, but because the b***h stole my family stare It's just weird seeing her and her child with my "in-laws" still. Other than that I'm not jealous of anyone/thing.
That seems like a really normal and natural thing to be jealous about. I mean, you're not jealous because someone has nicer shoes than you, you're basically grieving the loss of people that you really cared about.

Benevolent Smoker

I'm not jealous of anyone in my life right now.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff