Welcome to Gaia! ::

6,250 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
Weight can be distributed unevenly through the body. It can be a nuisance but you are totally fine.

Invisible Senshi

Some people have more cellulite than others.
You can try the "remedies" but I think it would only work on some people. =(
(Coffee, ginger and cinnamon with water. Rub it on skin and wash it off after massaging it for about 10 minutes.) Oh, and keep the skin hydrated. (Keep all your skin hydrated, really.)
Are you sure you want to weight 98 pounds? You have to be careful! Some women still have cellulite even after being extremely thin. It's just where and how the body stores it.

I wouldn't worry about rejection if I were you.
You are probably the fittest person they've seen in a long time!

Demonic Lunatic

hey hey, you're not fat and cellulite is a natural thing that happens to all women, no matter how fat or skinny they are. and 98 pounds is underweight for your height. You should be around 120-130. Please stay safe.
Well I'm 5'8 and 135 pounds, you seem quite overweight but not to the point that they won't accept you. Don't worry about it.

Legion

The Ice Dervish
Well I'm 5'8 and 135 pounds, you seem quite overweight but not to the point that they won't accept you. Don't worry about it.

oh my god....i am overweight...
you're right..

Enduring Associate

8,350 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Clambake 200
Kiidy
Petrograd
Kiidy
No, my mom says therapists are for crazy people.
She's wrong. Therapists are for people who can use guidance in their mental health.

Really, they're like nurses for your mind. There are people who fear doctors too. That fear is excessive.

Yea but in her eye's she's always right...so nothing i can do about it

Well, maybe, until you start in the military. They have counselors. That seems like a pretty good place to start, because you will be doing a lot of strength training, and that builds muscle-- and muscle is pretty dense, so you'll see the number on the scale go up even as your health improves. Building a strong mind to go with your strong body is a wise move, and it's no worse or different than going to the doctor for antibiotics when you have strep. Your mother might disagree, but she's not the final authority on everything, ever.
Kiidy
The Ice Dervish

you're right..

Don't know if you're being sarcastic, but whatever. It's nothing serious, I'm sure you look fine. I've seen people far heavier than you carry their weight quite nicely, so I'm sure you do too. You should be fine with the military, if you're out of shape they may put you in the out of shape platoon, but otherwise you're not in too bad of a spot.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
Grow up.
You know as well as everyone else here that your goal is ridiculous.
I understand you want security and everyone to tell you you're not fat.
But you already know you're not fat.
Yes, you have thick thighs.... SO WHAT!
Everyone has cellulite! Even those sexy celebrities! Go ahead, look at unedited beach pics of them... it's there.
Do your best to exercise your upper thighs... but keep in mind they're still going to stay thick due to muscle. And you can lose aaaaaaaallllllllllllllllll the weight you want deary... but because your thighs are obviously where you gather the most fat, even if you lose weight, they're still going to be big compared to the rest of what would be your sickly body. you can't just choose one spot and say I only want weight from here to be lost! It's going to attribute to your whole body.
Once again, Grow. Up.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Ice Dervish
Kiidy
The Ice Dervish

you're right..

Don't know if you're being sarcastic, but whatever. It's nothing serious, I'm sure you look fine. I've seen people far heavier than you carry their weight quite nicely, so I'm sure you do too. You should be fine with the military, if you're out of shape they may put you in the out of shape platoon, but otherwise you're not in too bad of a spot.

What is wrong with you? Are you a flipping troll?
120lbs for her height is NOT overweight. 120 lbs isn't even overweight for me, and I'm 5'0" ....
You need to check out this thing called a bmi chart hun.
Heartless_Angel_in_me
The Ice Dervish
Kiidy
The Ice Dervish

you're right..

120lbs for her height is NOT overweight. 120 lbs isn't even overweight for me, and I'm 5'0" ....

Salty are we? BMI isn't all that accurate. I'm 5'8 and 135 pounds, just 15 pounds larger than her and I'm 5 inches taller. I look rather small but not itty bitty by any standards. My mom is 2 inches shorter than me and is 120 and looks great. If you're visibly overweight than you are overweight, period. There is no way someone of her height should weight as much as my 5'6 mother. Especially not someone who is 5'0. My family is of normal weight too.

I didn't call her huge, I even told her the army will still take her, which they will. No need to get nasty and attack me when I've done nothing to you and have been nothing but nice to the OP.

Wealthy Consumer

8,500 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Millionaire 200
The Ice Dervish
Heartless_Angel_in_me
The Ice Dervish
Kiidy
The Ice Dervish

you're right..

Salty are we? BMI isn't all that accurate. I'm 5'8 and 135 pounds, just 15 pounds larger than her and I'm 5 inches taller. I look rather small but not itty bitty by any standards. My mom is 2 inches shorter than me and is 120 and looks great. If you're visibly overweight than you are overweight, period. There is no way someone of her height should weight as much as my 5'6 mother. Especially not someone who is 5'0. My family is of normal weight too.

I didn't call her huge, I even told her the army will still take her, which they will. No need to get nasty and attack me when I've done nothing to you and have been nothing but nice to the OP.

Last time I checked, weight had to do with... ya know... how much you actually weighed. Not visual investigation. Besides, it also has to do with body-type. Two girls could be the same height and same weight, but look completely different based on their body type. So what, the girl that simply looks thicker is suddenly overweight because she looks bigger? That makes no sense whatsoever. And although bmi charts aren't 100% on the dot accurate, they do give a good outline.
Heartless_Angel_in_me
The Ice Dervish
Heartless_Angel_in_me
The Ice Dervish
Kiidy
The Ice Dervish

you're right..

Last time I checked, weight had to do with... ya know... how much you actually weighed. Not visual investigation. Besides, it also has to do with body-type. Two girls could be the same height and same weight, but look completely different based on their body type. So what, the girl that simply looks thicker is suddenly overweight because she looks bigger? That makes no sense whatsoever. And although bmi charts aren't 100% on the dot accurate, they do give a good outline.

This girl has to have enormous bones in order to make that work then. Your body type also dictates how much you should weigh. Some people who have a tiny frame should weight less than someone who has a large one at the same height. I just find it very hard to believe that someone who is 5 inches shorter than me and is only 15 pounds lighter and is somehow healthy. The way you look is actually an accurate depiction of whether you're healthy or not. Chances are that if you look like a whale you're probably overweight and unhealthy. According to a BMI chart I'm bordering on being underweight and that couldn't be further from the truth, I want to cut off this extra fat I have managed to gain at this point.

Listen, we both get that this is a very flexible thing. I was at no point mean to the OP, I even said that she probably looks fine at her current weight. Though if she is going to join the military she needs to consider losing some weight and/or gaining that weight back in lean muscle.

Edit: Also didn't read all of the OP, 98 pounds is a stupid goal. You'd need to be around 4'10 to 5'0 feet tall for that to be remotely healthy. I'd go for 110 to 115, 110 at the very lowest. Just try to make sure most of the weight you have on is muscle and not fat.

An Epic No Less's Husband

Kawaii Lunatic

18,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Invisibility 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
Pfft.
I'm 5'0 and 135 pounds.
(I consider myself chubby-- not fat.)
My dear, you are far from fat.

Beloved Lunatic

9,600 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Millionaire 200
  • Hero 100
For your height, that's not fat and everyone has cellulite on their legs. But I can understand your feelings, I have a fat complex too, even though the BMI chart says that I'm at a healthy weight, but I don't know if those things are to be trusted or not.
Kiidy
!d!ot Amer!ca

At 5'3", being under 100 lbs. is incredibly unhealthy.
              I am 5'3" as well, 120 pounds too.
              I have cellulite on my legs.
              It's natural, and most women have it (Hell, I even had it before I went into recovery for my anorexia). User Image

User ImageUser Image

I use to be 91 but i was hospitalized and sent to a facility for anorexia and then i gained a ton of weight and feel disgusting

You have to understand that not all of your weight is fat. A lot of that weight is from your bones, your organs, bodily tissues and fluids, etc. Very little of your weight is fat. It's when you have more fat than you should, then you should worry about being "overweight." If you lose more weight than you should and then gain the weight back, a lot of your body's cells are going to want to multiply to keep you functioning healthfully. If you lose too much weight, you're going to be removing a lot of muscle and other tissue and organ cells that need enough nutrition to survive. When you don't give that to them, they'll all die and you'll lose organ and tissue weight, not just fat. Be careful about which cells you're trying to kill off.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff