Welcome to Gaia! ::

Enchantedlei's Partner

Beloved Kitten

4,950 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Married 100
User Image

It sounds like he's interested in you, but you should really ask yourself what he wants from someone your age and whether that's what you want out of a relationship or not. There's a mix of people saying "NO THE AGE DIFFERENCE IS TOO MUCH!" and "SCREW WHAT ANYONE ELSE SAYS YOU TWO ARE ADULTS" but there's lots more to consider than just age. There are too many older men (especially closer to that age) who objectify younger women and only want them for sex. If that's the kind of relationship you want with someone, then by all means go for it. However, if you're looking for something more meaningful and serious, you might want to look for someone at least a bit younger than he is. Having said all of that, those sorts of things also depend on the individual. At the very least, you can get to know him and see exactly how he feels about you, and take some time to see if you two are really compatible.

Again, age isn't the issue... it's about his intention with you and your preference when it comes to what you're looking for in a relationship. Good luck!!

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Charitable Millionaire

User Image

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★ ★ ★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

I say ******** the people who say that age gap is too large. We all have our preferences.
I'm twenty-one years old as well, I'm generally interested in men 35+.
The current guy I'm seeing is 40, the last guy was 45, and the one before that was 46.
and before someone screams "daddy issues", if they haven't already, I personally don't have them.
Maybe op does, I don't know.

Op, despite us being the same age I suggest not pursuing this.

You seem giddy, which to me indicates immaturity or lack of dating experience.
I've been with my fair share of men my own age, and it wasn't as fulfilling as the relationship(s) I've had the last couple years with these men double my age.
You may very well only be into this man due to him showing you attention.
The men I've dated who have been 40+ were all just my friends originally, or a relationship wasn't what I intended to happen.
You may also only be into him because it's "taboo", which happens all too often with people our age.
A friend of mine is 45, a girl he was seriously interested in was roughly our age and she broke things off so quickly.
She only wanted to be able to say she ******** a man double her age.
I don't understand it myself, but it's so damn typical.

You need to seriously think about why you're doing this before you pursue, or if you choose to pursue.

━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━ ★ ★ ★ ━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━━

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas