Welcome to Gaia! ::

___Lady_Kass___
headbanger29
Becaus eit can lead to health issues in your child.

What kind of issue are we talking about?
im mixed race and i work fine. im actually unnaturally healthy. im never sick.
I think that's wrong. You're parents are definately racist. you could try making a bunch of black friends and see if they act the same way towards your friends.
They're probably rascist.
there could be a whole number of reasons. why not ask them?
use this exact phrase and you will probably get the answer you want

"mom, dad why do you disaporve of me having a black boyfriend isnt it up to me who i fall in love with?"
Anyone who is racist can go to hell for all I care. They might have a problem against it though because other people they know who might be racist will not talk to them anymore or something like that. Screw them.
because you have a silly mom & dad ?
My mom disapproves of black-white relationships because she says it's not fair to the children the result from the union, because they're often stigmatized by both races.

My dad, well, he just hates anybody who isn't white, straight, and psuedo-christian.

Liberal Smoker

4,850 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Tycoon 200
Honestly, I agree. I think they disapprove because of the many black stereotypes. However, if you're in love with him, then, just like I say to everyone, just know he's the right one, and move forward. That is all there is to it.
millinear_sheffield
i love my bf and he is black but my parents dislike me going out with someone who isnt white and i dont understand why tell me i cant love someone who isnt white? does it really make a diffrence? i just dont understand i think its a load of bs

it is a load of bs.

1,900 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Gaian 50
i don't get it soem ppl say it ******** up the gene pool other say racist remarks... what does ne of that have to do wiht loving someone of a diff race with all of ones heart and soul... i think there ... no i believe and know that if a person is in love with another person that those two should be allowed to be together and if not allowed they should be together nontheless cause they r in love

Aged Browser

headbanger29
Becaus eit can lead to health issues in your child.

Si. It can. One I can think of is Sickle Cell Anemia (sp?) which is a condition where one's red blood cells turn crescent-shaped instead of circle-doughnus-with-no-hole-shaped. They can't carry oxygen very well, and they can block arteries. And only certain black streams get it.
I'm sorry your parents don't approve of your boyfriend, have you tried calmly talking to them about it? Maybe you can work it out peacfully. Racism is an awful thing, maybe your parents don't fully relilize how they're coming across.
Good luck with how ever it turns out smile
I think black people and white people should interbreed as much as possible. Mixed kids are so cute!

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff