Welcome to Gaia! ::

I speak English as a first language.

Took one year of Spanish in school. I need to take another class to graduate. D8

I really want to learn Italian, so I am learning from the BBC website.
(:

I'd also like to speak French but... eh, too complicated.
o__O
I'm learning Spanish. I used to take French, but it wasn't working for me.
I am very interested in learning Spanish.
The reason why is I am Puerto Rican and I do not know it very well.
My mother has given the liberty to teach me since the school only teaches Mexican version (Yes there is more than one version of Spanish).
I've been learning french since 6th grade but i'm only in french 3 as a soph. Does that could as 3 years or as 5?

Friend

I'm trying to learn German, I took a few years of it in school and it is what I'm taking currently as well. Once I've mastered German I'd like to learn Swedish and Italian. =)
My native language is English, in school this is my fourth year of Spanish and I plan on taking it through the next two years of Highschool and continuing it in college. I have a whole list of languages I want to learn; they include: French, German, Mandarin and Cantonese Chinese, Korean, Japanese (I'm teaching myself and it's going along pretty well, I would also like to learn how to write it and etc.) Swedish, Portugeuse, Tagalog, and maybe Polish.

I figure why not learn as much of the basics for each language now? Considering that this is pretty much what I want to do in College. >__>
Rennie`
I am

I am an Egypt fantic and I wanted to do Egyptology if my family aspiration wasn't to go to plan .... so I needed to learn French and Arabic (and Ancient Egyptian too which I did start doing).

I started to learn French ... got bored
I started to learn Arabic ... too complicated
I started to learn ancient egyptian ... too difficult and I needed alot of time to do it

So I gave up and one day I decided that I wanted to learn Spanish ... three weeks later I still am I have learned quite a bit, thanks to the BBC website (english website).

So, I was wondering, are any of you learning a new language. Are you already fluent in another language other then english? If english isn't your mother tongue then what language is?

I tried learning Spanish, but I didn't really enjoy it.
I had fun learning French (mostly because of my Mother's side of the family).
Arabic IS complicated, but I did try learning that for a while while I was working at walmart.
I had worked with a lot of people from Egypt, and a couple offered to help teach me it.
I try learning Japanese every time I get bored, but I tend to have a hard time sticking with it xD
I've been trying to learn it for the pass two years now (and I do get the basics, but I can't carry a meaningful conversation) .

Currently I'm working on learning Korean, but I'll be doing classes soon to lean Nepali.^^
Dude, They say we gotta learn some other language in skool and it's noe optional. But when other people can't even master English, y do they need to start learning another language??? Somethin' I deff don't get...
I took a few spanish classes in elementary school and middle school. didn't get very far in that aside from vocabulary. o-o

I'm in honors German IV right now. for whatever reason, in 8th grade I just got really interested in German culture & the language and whatever. surprised so I started learning German in school at the beginning of high school.

I'm going to college next year & I'm planning on continuing until I'm fluent.(right now I'm probably very, slightly, mildly fluent.)
I'm semi-fluent in German. I took three years of it in school. (I would be taking German III/IV but I could only take German III this year.) I've also have been studying it on my own.

I took a few Japanese classes so my Japanese is pretty basic.

English is my mother tongue.

6,000 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
I'm taking Spanish, which I pick up on rather well.

English is my first language, though.
1st language; Icelandic ninja
2nd language; English
3rd language; Danish

4th language; French
5th language; German

The first three I can speak fluently, and with knowledge of Icelandic+Danish I can understand and make myself understandable in Norwegian and Swedish as well. I actually have a college degree in English, French and German, but I've been out of school for 2 years and have shamefully lost touch with the latter two. I'd just need to read/listen to them a bit before I'd be able to pick them up again, but so far I haven't really bothered.

I also took a semester in Russian, and another in Japanese. Neither stuck, although I found japanese ridiculously easy to learn/memorize. Russian was epic fail. gonk
I'm taking French. It's not too bad. Last year of it man! Woohoo! I'm glad it;s over through, since I had to take it from the 4th grade and then take two more years of it in high school. Sucks.
my mother language is not english even thought im fluent in it. my mother language is spanish, im fluent in it. and im learning japanese
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Please click to hatch my dragons ;3;!!!

German but I quit after gr 11~ then I'm continuing Japanese~

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas