Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm learning englisch and french at school because i am dutch wink

I learnt French for maybe 6ish years but ended up going over a lot of the same stuff and I didn't really enjoy it. It was compulsory. Dropped it for GCSE.

I've been learning Spanish for two and a half years. I'm ok at it. Not so good at the verbs. =/

And I've been learning Mandarin for a year and a half. Love learning it but its hard to do the tones properly.

I do enjoy Spanish but its getting quite difficult now. Whereas Mandarin was quite difficult in the beginning but once you get the hang of it, it gets better. I'll have my GCSEs in Mandarin and Spanish next year.

~ heart
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I'm actually learning English, since its my 2nd language.
And im intending to learn Japanese as well sometime this year~
the problem is that my schedule is too crammed and I can't
keep going with both university's English lessons... and extra
Japanes classes >.<

But im willing to do it if ever i get the time.

I also studied french in the junior and senior high school
years, it was mandatory...however, i wasn't intrested in it at all~

||-{I speak French fluently since I'm French, I also speak the french local dialect but only with my grandparents and my friends xD
I'm learning English but I think I'm very fluent, I understand almost everything I hear on television or in the radio and I can have complex discussion with english people.
I also learn German but I'm not as good as in English even if I love this language. I lack of vocabulary but I'm trying to overcome this problem. I also got few notions in Spanish and plan on learning more later.
I love learning languages and I'd love to know as many as possible, I'd like to learn Russian and maybe Japanese.
}-||

Don't give up so easily! It might get frustrating, but instead of stopping entirely, perhaps go on a break or take the learning slower. Arabic is hard, but if you learn a bit about linguistics, deconstruct it a little, and try and look at it from a different perspective, it could get easier.

I speak English and Mandarin Chinese. I've been learning French for about 6 years, and Japanese for about one and a half. I really want to learn Icelandic. Or Serbian!
I'm studying French in school (which I love--I'm second in the state at my level), and am currently trying to teach myself Russian. It's really difficult, but I've at least learned most of the alphabet now...

Anxious Cutie-Pie

10,750 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Jack-pot 100
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
I'm learning Latin. ^^

It's pretty rad,
and apparently easier than some of the other choices I had.
So I'm happy with it.
It helped me make new friends too, because almost all of my friends who were taking a foreign language this year took Spanish, and the few who didn't took French.
i've picked up foreign words from various languages here and there, but i'd really like to learn tagalog and japanese. rosetta stone makes great software for learning other languages.
Hmmm, Well to begin I took French in high school (Which is going to come in handy when I need French competency in Grad school). In College I took Koine Greek and Biblical Hebrew, did well in Greek, bombed Hebrew. I'm currently teaching myself Latin and doing a little bit of Hieroglyphics on the side.
learning spanish and school version of english (most likely never gonna learn it. these dumbass kids keep making up words and other s**t everyday.)
i'm learning french :]

HawkSenpai's Waifu

I'm learning Spanish
I'm learning Swedish, although it's a very slow process since I'm teaching myself and I've got loads of other more important things I should be doing. I already know English well and a decent amount of Spanish, but then again, living in California sort of forces you to pick up some Spanish.
I have to learn one language out of like, Latin, Hebrew... umm... and three others I think if I want to go to seminary... or while I'm in seminary... I think it's while I'm in ^^;

And oh, aren't those just riveting languages to learn sweatdrop
i'm learning french in highschool
not too sure if i'll continue taking it after highschool though
i might minor in it since it's an interesting language.......

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff