Welcome to Gaia! ::

It's not the destination...it's the journey.
so you're dedicating your life to an internet boyfriend?
if you're miserable, you make changes. that's it.
death is natural and it is natural to be afraid of death accept the path only you can chose for yourself
the disturbed viking
learn to use a phone? but concider yourself lucky you have someone.

parents know how to read phone bills. even not getting caught the first month? the phone number will still show up eventually
The safest way really is the computer. It's too bad he doesn't provide a live video feed and do the stuff immediately when you ask him while on video.
You fool you want 2 have ur name remebered forever..... of course
Get your pic in da history books

Jeering Shade

7,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Party Animal 100
I think that your problem is one that alot of teenagers face... I honestly do... and I've heard this from some people around me... and they go to meet their "boyfriend" and then it turns out to be a rapist or a serial killer... she's just looking out for you... I think it would be best for you to listen to your mother..
How to approach your mom depends on how old you are. If you are under 16, I would be more careful with an internet relationship. Hiding it is one of the worst things you could do. Has your mom checked out Gaia herself?

She is coming from a point of love and doing what she feels she needs to protect her daughter. Teens seem to think they are indestructible and believe "that won't happen to me". If it does, it's often too late. There are many stories of people (teens and adults) getting raped and/or killed by someone they met online. One of the news stations here found 5 local level 3 sexual offenders on MySpace - and those were the ones who used their own names. Have you seen any of those sexual predator episodes on NBC Dateline? Have you read the e-mail sent around where a cop was able to find a girl based solely on info she gave him - none of which was a full name or address and he didn't use the police computer system to do it.

It is a very dangerous world nowadays.
99 out of 100 times, that guy you met online is in fact a 45 year old rapist. Your mom might be a little extreme, but she has the right idea. Don't trust this guy. Even if he's sent you pictures, even if he's spoken to you on SKYPE or something like that, don't trust him. You'd be amazed at how crafty these guys can be. Cut him off. End of story.
Zodiacal Emblem
Antana-Anko

Thank you. and people seem to mistake me: I'm not worried about using the computer, I am, but only because that's how I talk to my boyfriend.

Haha, don't worry about most of these people. Either they don't understand, don't want to understand, don't want to try, or are just dicks. You don't need to respond to them, it isn't a great thing exactly. Anyways, if you can sometimes, just call him if you really want to talk to him. Also, personally, I find comparing my life to other peoples lives, it sometimes makes me sad. That might help, I hope!

I'm still carefull around him, though. I've never told him my last name, or where I live. And he isn't anxious to know. And for all of you who say he's a forty-year-old man, I KNOW he isn't. I've seen pictures of him. And to prove they are HIS real picutures, I ask him to do certain things in the photos. Like kiss his dog. And viola, he's kissing his dog.

Interesting Poster

7,000 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Consumer 100
  • Tycoon 200
I don't recommend having an online relationship until you're old enough to be able to meet irl if you chooose to.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
That phrase, "These are the best years of your life," tends only to be said by those who have failed themselves.
Hola, people. Well, I recovered from my little pitty party the day before. I'm lucky that I was able to get back on. I thought it'd take another week. Who knew I'd be visiting my grandmother's today. So that's why I'm on.
at least I'm not depressed anymore. I just get so......depressy when all of life's crap hits me at once.

Anyway, comments and advice are still wanted.
Tuah
That phrase, "These are the best years of your life," tends only to be said by those who have failed themselves.

It's not like it's the end of my life. I haven't failed myself....
just4Maddi
the disturbed viking
learn to use a phone? but concider yourself lucky you have someone.

parents know how to read phone bills. even not getting caught the first month? the phone number will still show up eventually
The safest way really is the computer. It's too bad he doesn't provide a live video feed and do the stuff immediately when you ask him while on video.

Yeah, the phone isn't the way to go. And it'd be cool to talk to him on a web-cam. Accually to prove he's not a 45 year old dude, he made a video for me. And I also told him to say certain things in that like, "how are you", or the old kissing the dog thing. And so he's NOT a old man for sure.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff