I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Romantic Cheerleader

19,200 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Invisibility 100
  • Way Too Many Pies 300
Oh, I've alwways cried easy. I doubt I changed. I could cry to music or a credit roll for whatever reason. My emotions are stupid.

Loiterer

I tear up much more easily on T, but I can't actually cry now.

Adorable Fisher

Little update on me (as if anybody cares or even remembers me, ahem). This also double serves a bump up for the thread since it was on the second page. Anyway.

I'm still at the same place I was in my transition eight years ago. Translation: page ******** one. I've still been denied by five surgeons, still have nobody in my real life calling me "he" and I can not convince them to no matter how much I try. My gender therapist decided to leave the practice so now I have nobody who would write a recommendation for surgery and there are currently no prospects of being able to find one even if I could find a surgeon who would operate on me. My new endocrinologist is an a*****e who thinks all transmen should be one way and one way only so he doesn't believe me either, too much of a liability I guess.

I feel like the entire world thinks I should be one way and one way only, which is a "pretty girl with big tits who is ********." That's certainly been the message from everybody I've gone to for legitimate help in my transition. I am quite discouraged at this point as one could imagine. The only person who does believe me and treats me right is my boyfriend. That's good. But its hard to hope at this point, even when he's telling me I will get to be who I know I am some day.

I currently don't know where to turn, feeling utterly defeated. I've gone through all the right steps in order to get top surgery, and yet I continue to get denied on a regular basis (by surgeons who have done literally hundreds if not thousands of top surgeries).

My endocrine disorder is just making me sicker, so I don't even know how much longer I'd be a logical candidate for surgery health-wise. When I started this journey, I was the picture of health at 20 years old. Eight years later that is no longer the case. I have no doubt this is making doctors and surgeons warier of helping me.

I just don't know what to do anymore. When the idea enters my head of not ever being able to be who I know I am, I don't want to live. I really don't know what to do here.

I guess you're free to ignore this. I don't know what I'm achieving by talking about it. Maybe its a cry for help. That seems reasonable.

Omnipresent Loiterer

16,275 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
So, um, it's 11/20/14, meaning it's International Transgender Day of Remembrance.

JocelynSamara
So, as I say every year: I ask that you at least take a moment out of your day to just reflect on this... or if you know someone who is transgender, just give them a hug or tell them you're there for them... or if YOU are transgender, just be strong, love yourself, and don't be afraid of who you are.

The list of those lost this year.

*Removes non-existant hat and tries not to cry a little*

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Hello everyone. I don't post all that often anymore but I need to ask a question. I've been talking to a counselor recently and we've realized that a big thing holding me back is fear. I imagine that a lot of you probably felt fear but how did you overcome that fear?

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
MarigoldMari
Little update on me (as if anybody cares or even remembers me, ahem). This also double serves a bump up for the thread since it was on the second page. Anyway.

I'm still at the same place I was in my transition eight years ago. Translation: page ******** one. I've still been denied by five surgeons, still have nobody in my real life calling me "he" and I can not convince them to no matter how much I try. My gender therapist decided to leave the practice so now I have nobody who would write a recommendation for surgery and there are currently no prospects of being able to find one even if I could find a surgeon who would operate on me. My new endocrinologist is an a*****e who thinks all transmen should be one way and one way only so he doesn't believe me either, too much of a liability I guess.

I feel like the entire world thinks I should be one way and one way only, which is a "pretty girl with big tits who is ********." That's certainly been the message from everybody I've gone to for legitimate help in my transition. I am quite discouraged at this point as one could imagine. The only person who does believe me and treats me right is my boyfriend. That's good. But its hard to hope at this point, even when he's telling me I will get to be who I know I am some day.

I currently don't know where to turn, feeling utterly defeated. I've gone through all the right steps in order to get top surgery, and yet I continue to get denied on a regular basis (by surgeons who have done literally hundreds if not thousands of top surgeries).

My endocrine disorder is just making me sicker, so I don't even know how much longer I'd be a logical candidate for surgery health-wise. When I started this journey, I was the picture of health at 20 years old. Eight years later that is no longer the case. I have no doubt this is making doctors and surgeons warier of helping me.

I just don't know what to do anymore. When the idea enters my head of not ever being able to be who I know I am, I don't want to live. I really don't know what to do here.

I guess you're free to ignore this. I don't know what I'm achieving by talking about it. Maybe its a cry for help. That seems reasonable.

My condolences.
If you can manage to get a letter, try Marie-Claire Buckley out of the Twin Cities. If you can figure out how to actually talk to her (and not one of the seemingly infinite people around her), she might be able to help on the surgery front. She's incredibly nice, and got started performing top surgery because there was a need for someone to do so here (she's a lesbian and somehow one of the trans guys in the area talked her into branching into that type of plastic surgery, generally she treats burn victims and kids with cleft palates), and she's learned from her patients. She's the one who did my top surgery (and I'm very binary-identified), but she seems open minded to genderqueer and otherwise non-conforming individuals. Dunno how she'd be on the health issues front. My only problem post-op has been an adhesion, which sucks, but it happens sometimes. Try someone lesser known. The ones who do hundreds or thousands have staked their careers on just doing chest surgery for patients and aren't always in it for helping people anymore.

Adorable Fisher

FORTRAN77

My condolences.
If you can manage to get a letter, try Marie-Claire Buckley out of the Twin Cities. If you can figure out how to actually talk to her (and not one of the seemingly infinite people around her), she might be able to help on the surgery front. She's incredibly nice, and got started performing top surgery because there was a need for someone to do so here (she's a lesbian and somehow one of the trans guys in the area talked her into branching into that type of plastic surgery, generally she treats burn victims and kids with cleft palates), and she's learned from her patients. She's the one who did my top surgery (and I'm very binary-identified), but she seems open minded to genderqueer and otherwise non-conforming individuals. Dunno how she'd be on the health issues front. My only problem post-op has been an adhesion, which sucks, but it happens sometimes. Try someone lesser known. The ones who do hundreds or thousands have staked their careers on just doing chest surgery for patients and aren't always in it for helping people anymore.

Does she take insurance o: ?

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
MarigoldMari
FORTRAN77

My condolences.

Yes. I actually had my insurance help pay for surgery. Aetna. Pretty sure she takes Blue Cross too, since iirc that's what my student plan will be once I age off my parents plan.

Adorable Fisher

FORTRAN77
MarigoldMari
FORTRAN77

My condolences.

Yes. I actually had my insurance help pay for surgery. Aetna. Pretty sure she takes Blue Cross too, since iirc that's what my student plan will be once I age off my parents plan.

Ah, okay :3 awesome! I'll have to see what I can do, then. Just to be sure, the Twin Cities is where sweatdrop ?

Adorable Fisher

genderisalie
one day i'll be bored enough to get the votes negative, one day
Really don't. We've been having new people coming in here for help lately who think this thread might not be helpful because it has so many negative votes. You would be hurting us by doing that. Do you really want to hurt us like that? You can literally do that anywhere else, but this thread was made to help people and honestly sometimes its life or death (people contemplating suicide). If the votes go negative somebody in true need might not come to us for help.

Adorable Fisher

genderisalie
MarigoldMari
genderisalie
Really don't. We've been having new people coming in here for help lately who think this thread might not be helpful because it has so many negative votes. You would be hurting us by doing that. Do you really want to hurt us like that? You can literally do that anywhere else, but this thread was made to help people and honestly sometimes its life or death (people contemplating suicide). If the votes go negative somebody in true need might not come to us for help.
The furry thread was empowered by it lol. it really has no effect on the thread, just kinda my legacy to down vote all major threads, this is one of the 3 that is still positive. God, i got the BDSM thread from positive 300 to the negatives in a day. It will actually get more promoted when it becomes heated
The difference is those threads represent lifestyles that would not be affected by negative votes. I don't know how to get you to understand what I mean. Those places are fueled by their badass cred, we are not. It is essential to our mission to help people to remain as positive in the votes as possible so those who are looking for help can ask us for help. We are a medical community who help those out who have a specific physical medical condition. Those others are lifestyles that are more like past-times. By seeing positive votes, those who come here for help are confident that we are a good source for that help. If we end up in the negative votes then those who need help about their own trans issues will not come to us! We need to stay in the positive zone and by a lot in order for people to come here for help. I am repeating myself, but I don't know how to get you to understand that you need to leave our vote status alone. We have already had somebody in the last week who needed our help question us about all the negative votes and if we were good and legitimate because of those negative votes! Please, please do not down vote us!

I really hope my begging you is not adding fuel to your fire to down vote us for amusement. Please don't down vote us.

Adorable Fisher

genderisalie
MarigoldMari
genderisalie
MarigoldMari
genderisalie
The furry thread was empowered by it lol. it really has no effect on the thread, just kinda my legacy to down vote all major threads, this is one of the 3 that is still positive. God, i got the BDSM thread from positive 300 to the negatives in a day. It will actually get more promoted when it becomes heated
The difference is those threads represent lifestyles that would not be affected by negative votes. I don't know how to get you to understand what I mean. Those places are fueled by their badass cred, we are not. It is essential to our mission to help people to remain as positive in the votes as possible so those who are looking for help can ask us for help. We are a medical community who help those out who have a specific physical medical condition. Those others are lifestyles that are more like past-times. By seeing positive votes, those who come here for help are confident that we are a good source for that help. If we end up in the negative votes then those who need help about their own trans issues will not come to us! We need to stay in the positive zone and by a lot in order for people to come here for help. I am repeating myself, but I don't know how to get you to understand that you need to leave our vote status alone. We have already had somebody in the last week who needed our help question us about all the negative votes and if we were good and legitimate because of those negative votes! Please, please do not down vote us!

I really hope my begging you is not adding fuel to your fire to down vote us for amusement. Please don't down vote us.
The down votes from months ago was me, used to be in the 500s i think. but no its no adding fuel to the fire, still not sure though, im pretty lazy and dont wanna make people cry over it
We will cry over it. Please don't do it. Again.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff