Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Robot Giny
So when I change my name legally, probably in August once I recover from top surgery, my full legal name will be
Cameron Marilyn Elizabeth Johnson.
Say, question. My state requires a note confirming surgery has been done to change gender. Out of curiosity, does something like top surgery count for cases like that? I might just be willing to get a cheaper operation to start, like an orchi, if it could qualify me to change my gender faster.

That said, I kinda wanna hold onto my balls until I can trade the whole kit out at once, cause I hear if you get an orchi ahead of time, you have to worry about scrotal shrinkage and preexisting scar tissue on what becomes your vag or lips, depending on which surgeon you go with.

I doubt you need any sort of surgery to change your name, but people are gonna be giving me some weird looks when they see a Brooke listed as M on my driver's license. emotion_eyebrow

Anyway, idle question that I doubt you'll be able to answer, unless you live in a similarly bass ackwards state. emotion_yatta

Hallowed Wench

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Umbral_Necropolitan
I wouldn't worry about where you get the name from, most people won't know unless you go with something like pikachu or some silliness.

My middle name came from a Turbo Graphics 16 game and it was in the running for my first name.
User Image
Was it Lenet? That's adorable. :O
Different spelling but yeah, for some reason the worst tank in Military Madness just has a certain charm to me.

Hallowed Wench

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Robot Giny
So when I change my name legally, probably in August once I recover from top surgery, my full legal name will be
Say, question. My state requires a note confirming surgery has been done to change gender. Out of curiosity, does something like top surgery count for cases like that? I might just be willing to get a cheaper operation to start, like an orchi, if it could qualify me to change my gender faster.

That said, I kinda wanna hold onto my balls until I can trade the whole kit out at once, cause I hear if you get an orchi ahead of time, you have to worry about scrotal shrinkage and preexisting scar tissue on what becomes your vag or lips, depending on which surgeon you go with.

I doubt you need any sort of surgery to change your name, but people are gonna be giving me some weird looks when they see a Brooke listed as M on my driver's license. emotion_eyebrow

Anyway, idle question that I doubt you'll be able to answer, unless you live in a similarly bass ackwards state. emotion_yatta
Some states offer temp license with preferred gender marker, like CA. My doc signed off on the paperwork to have it as has completed transition with the DMV, so mine isn't temporary so I don't have to redo it every two years.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Umbral_Necropolitan
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Robot Giny

Some states offer temp license with preferred gender marker, like CA. My doc signed off on the paperwork to have it as has completed transition with the DMV, so mine isn't temporary so I don't have to redo it every two years.
That's actually pretty rad. Maybe I'll find a similarly awesome therapist, but in a small city in the podunk southeast, that seems unlikely.

Loiterer

Nitroglycerific Rainbow

User Image
requirements by state for licenses.

You could try temporarily moving to another state (or using a friend's address) and getting a DL from a more trans-friendly state.

For another form of ID (besides license) you can get a passport with your correct gender on it.
Bam.
Get your doctor to write the verbiage needed, get a passport that says female on it.
Once you have the passport, you can use it in lieu of your birth certificate, so you can get more photo IDs with your correct gender on it in the meantime.

edit: rewrote this because lack of sleep made me temporarily stupid.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Bornes
Nitroglycerific Rainbow

User ImageYou can get around that.
requirements by state for licenses.

If you actually need surgery to change your sex on your DL though, you can get a passport with your correct gender on it.
Bam.
Get your doctor to write the verbiage needed, get a passport that says female on it.
Once you have the passport, you can use it in lieu of your birth certificate. Apply for a new license (instead of a renewal). Now you'll have a female license.
(Depending on your state you may need two forms of ID. In that case, get another ID with female on it using your passport as your main ID in the meantime).

I got around my surgery requirement by getting my license in a much more lenient state. So if I ever need a license in a stupid state (such as GA, which requires full SRS), they will just read the M (I'm ftM) on my license and passport and be none the wiser.
That's... fantastic. Looking over the requirements for passport, though, things don't seem very less lenient. When they say a physician must sign off on your transition being complete, does that mean just... shifting to full-time life, or surgery?

Loiterer

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
User Image
Hey, sorry It's really late here. I rewrote my post. I'm not sure if getting a new license would work since I'm fairly certain your ssn would be tracked in the system and they would want you to surrender your currently active license (and thus they'd spot the sex being different). So you'd have to get a different state license instead.

But, as for the passport thing, it's up to your physician's discretion. That is the beauty of vague terminology with lack of legal definition given. I got my doctor to write that my transition was "complete" before I had even gotten on testosterone.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Bornes
I got my doctor to write that my transition was "complete" before I had even gotten on testosterone.
rofl That's great. I'll talk to my doc when I see him in September. See what we can work out.

If I have to wait until a new state, then I'll deal. My gf and I intend to move up to WA or OR in a few years, when we can afford to. In a liberal-a** place like the northwest, I think I'll be able to manage.

Now to find someone willing to hire a tranny in the deep south. emotion_facepalm

Tipsy Genius

13,675 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Bornes
I got my doctor to write that my transition was "complete" before I had even gotten on testosterone.
rofl That's great. I'll talk to my doc when I see him in September. See what we can work out.

If I have to wait until a new state, then I'll deal. My gf and I intend to move up to WA or OR in a few years, when we can afford to. In a liberal-a** place like the northwest, I think I'll be able to manage.

Now to find someone willing to hire a tranny in the deep south. emotion_facepalm

Define deep south. Most yankees say Florida's deep south if they haven't been here.

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
FORTRAN77
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Bornes

Define deep south. Most yankees say Florida's deep south if they haven't been here.
Columbus, GA. We get white supremacist junk mail and every other billboard is telling you to either turn to Jeebus or to not abort your fetus. I grew up in metro Atlanta; I can tell the difference between non-deep south and legit deep south elements. Sure, I'm not in Squidbillies country, but there's still plenty of characteristics of this city to label it deep south.

15,550 Points
  • Streaker 200
  • Marathon 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Robot Giny

I live in Oregon, and the rules are looser here. In order to get your gender marker changed, you need to have a letter from a doctor and a therapist stating that you've been on HRT long enough that significant changes have been made to your body. Surgery is technically not required. I'm only waiting until after my top surgery because I don't want any complications with the insurance company, I've already been battling with them about this since I started back in January.

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Name: Sparrow
Transgender: No. I did briefly throughout puberty go through a period of gender presentation confusion which wasn't helped by being a beanpole until I was seventeen, but now I merely settle with the fact that I am more comfortable roleplaying male characters and presenting as gender-neutral online while being entirely female IRL.
Reason for being here: I'm interested in learning more about... well, everything, really, to do with topics in the sphere of transexuality. I'm a curious, knowledge-hungry individual and I feel that educating myself on it with the help of individuals' who are going through it would help me understand it on a more human level rather than a purely scientific textbook one. Did that make sense? Trying not to ramble!
Anything else: There's a programme on soon about what happened after scientists' collared 50 cats with cameras to see what they did.

Shadowy Rogue

3,700 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Partygoer 500
sparrowsign
Transgender: No. I did briefly throughout puberty go through a period of gender presentation confusion which wasn't helped by being a beanpole until I was seventeen, but now I merely settle with the fact that I am more comfortable roleplaying male characters and presenting as gender-neutral online while being entirely female IRL.
Reason for being here: I'm interested in learning more about... well, everything, really, to do with topics in the sphere of transexuality. I'm a curious, knowledge-hungry individual and I feel that educating myself on it with the help of individuals' who are going through it would help me understand it on a more human level rather than a purely scientific textbook one. Did that make sense? Trying not to ramble!
Anything else: There's a programme on soon about what happened after scientists' collared 50 cats with cameras to see what they did.

Welcome! It's always nice to see people willing to learn more about transgender subjects. We'll do our best to answer any questions you might have.

Shy Citizen

4,450 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Member 100
Tuah
sparrowsign

Welcome! It's always nice to see people willing to learn more about transgender subjects. We'll do our best to answer any questions you might have.

Thanks for the welcome! My boyfriend is sadly, well, not quite so open on learning the definitions more (I'm female IRL). Due to the majority of men he witnessed when he was in the Merchant Navy, he's only really encountered cross-dressing homosexual men and so can't really comprehend that a man can be a cross-dresser and be straight, and/or be a homosexual without being or wanting to be female when taking the submissive position. He does try to get it but, he can't really forget a good chunk of his life either. I'm here to partially try and see how to open up his mind a little in that respect without being rude or inconsiderate of what are technically viable experiences. I can't show him articles or anything easily, as he does not use the Internet. It just came up in a discussion.

Tipsy Prophet

Eddou
I just don't feel motivated to start using another name, it would feel like a nickname, none feel right?.

I actually told my mother I'd want a name she decides (if possible, together with my father). They gave named me once and somehow it would feel less like a nickname if it was them giving it to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff