Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring
I know I will get a shitstorm for this, but whenever I think of transsexuality, I always think of Silence of the Lambs. Trust me, I know I'm terrible.

As long as you remember that character was not a transsexual at all. wink

Umm... Yes he was.

Not really.
He is obsessed with a moth's metamorphosis and wants to experience the process himself. He believes that the only way to do so as a human is to become a woman. He doesn't want a sex change because he believes he is a woman, he just wants to experience metamorphosis.

EDIT: Had he been granted a sex change, then he would be a transsexual by definition.. But, he was denied so... Nope. No, I take that back. He doesn't consider himself "born into the wrong body." Nor does he feel dysphoria. He just wants to change for the hell of it.
Goddamn, I need to stop and sleep >.>;

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
So it would appear that my hormone levels still weren't at the proper female ranges, according to the blood work my endocrinologist did on me.

He's raised my dosage from 2 doses daily of Spiro and Estradiol to 3. Anyone else got a dosage this high? Are my balls just tenacious little ********? xp

Girl-Crazy Lunatic

10,750 Points
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Timid 100
  • Clambake 200
Desideraht
T is giving me hot flashes. Took a bath last night with epsom salts to help with my muscle ache and I was really overheated. Bleh.
Odd. Estrogen has drastically reduced my tolerance for heat, not that I was ever very keen on it. I would have thought it'd work in the opposite direction for T.

YMMV, I guess. User Image

Lonely Saint

The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring
I know I will get a shitstorm for this, but whenever I think of transsexuality, I always think of Silence of the Lambs. Trust me, I know I'm terrible.

Umm... Yes he was.

As someone already clarified above, not really, no. It's in the movie - I believe it's Lecter who, at the notion of the man seeking treatment and getting repeatedly turned down at different hospitals, analyzes his behavior and differiates it from that of an actual transsexual. I'd believe it's about midpoint in the movie, can't remember where it was in the book however. Been ages since I read it.

Shy Kitten

11,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Hi everyone, quick question but how can I tell my parents that I'm really a guy without hurting them? My mum is really sensitive to these things and will take the news as myself telling her thats she's failed as a mother (She says I'm her baby girl emo ). My brothers ok with it though, he calls me Jerrard whenever the parents aren't around.

Fashionable Raider

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Signature Look 250
Crimsonkirie
Raizal
Has hypnosis ever helped anybody out in this thread?

What you mean like help being the right gender or help stow it away for later?
In any way, at all. From 'Body Changing' hypnosis to just feeling better about oneself.

Fashionable Raider

8,650 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Overstocked 200
  • Signature Look 250
JJ_Thunder_Chaser
Hi everyone, quick question but how can I tell my parents that I'm really a guy without hurting them? My mum is really sensitive to these things and will take the news as myself telling her thats she's failed as a mother (She says I'm her baby girl emo ). My brothers ok with it though, he calls me Jerrard whenever the parents aren't around.
My dad has practically dis-owned me if I ever visit as my female self. Whilst my mum has openly confessed that even though she loves it, if I was born a girl I would have still been raised as a boy for simplicity reasons.
Also she doesn't want me to visit her as a girl, though she is okay discussing make up and clothes with her.

With my parents I just told them straight faced and not caring about the reactions. At the time I was moving out to university and they could either love me for it or hate me, and I didn't mind which happened. I was a young fool in love. But on the other hand I do have very open minded parents who would be willing to discuss the world with me so...

Take it as gently as possible. Just act guy like all the time, regardless of who is there. Introduce yourself as Jerrard so that it becomes natural for everybody to recognise you like this. Then when the shock comes you can just say that nothing is going to change, not really, because you have already made the changes and nobody cared.
If I could go back and change it, this is how I would have done it originally...
Also talk to your brother more. You always need the support, even if you don't think you do.
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring

Umm... Yes he was.

As someone already clarified above, not really, no. It's in the movie - I believe it's Lecter who, at the notion of the man seeking treatment and getting repeatedly turned down at different hospitals, analyzes his behavior and differiates it from that of an actual transsexual. I'd believe it's about midpoint in the movie, can't remember where it was in the book however. Been ages since I read it.

You guys want to say he's different in order to separate yourself from him. The thing is though is that he is infact a trans. MtF to be exact.
The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring

Umm... Yes he was.

You guys want to say he's different in order to separate yourself from him. The thing is though is that he is infact a trans. MtF to be exact.

He does not have the brain of a female and therefore is not a transsexual. He may be included in the umbrella term that is transgendered, but he most certainly is not a transsexual. He only wants to experience change and he believes the only way to do so is to achieve the outward appearance of a woman.
Hell, that's why he was denied surgery! Therapists and surgeons knew he wasn't a true transsexual.

Shy Kitten

11,150 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Nudist Colony 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
Raizal
JJ_Thunder_Chaser

My dad has practically dis-owned me if I ever visit as my female self. Whilst my mum has openly confessed that even though she loves it, if I was born a girl I would have still been raised as a boy for simplicity reasons.
Also she doesn't want me to visit her as a girl, though she is okay discussing make up and clothes with her.
With my parents I just told them straight faced and not caring about the reactions. At the time I was moving out to university and they could either love me for it or hate me, and I didn't mind which happened. I was a young fool in love. But on the other hand I do have very open minded parents who would be willing to discuss the world with me so...
Take it as gently as possible. Just act guy like all the time, regardless of who is there. Introduce yourself as Jerrard so that it becomes natural for everybody to recognise you like this. Then when the shock comes you can just say that nothing is going to change, not really, because you have already made the changes and nobody cared.
If I could go back and change it, this is how I would have done it originally...
Also talk to your brother more. You always need the support, even if you don't think you do.

I'm sorry about the relationship you have with your father, my biological father (who lives in England) would probably be ok with it. just my stepdad is old fashioned. If I knew my mother she would take it as an offense which would then make my step-dad yell at me... I may have to wait until I leave home in order to avoid it. If only I was as brave as you! Will act the guy I am (have been anyways aparrently). Thank you for responding to my post smile .

Dapper Phantom

King Faerie
Desideraht

Let me first start off by saying that if you're complaining about money now,
The best thing that you could probably hope to do in this day and age is
stick to a nine to five and hope to work your way up. I don't know where you live,
But fringe artists around here aren't making that much..unless they've been at it for years,
have made a name for themselves and have a good customer base going on,
Or if they know someone who helped them a lot to make it big.

Personally, I don't think two to three years before you're planning surgery,
Or when you're in thousands of dollars of debt is the right time for a career change.
Especially one that could take awhile to kick off.

It sounds nice though, and I want to be a tattoo artist...as like a side job,
But I wouldn't dream of switching right now.
However $600 is a ridiculously low income for a full time job.
Sorry to say...so if you would be making more then that,
Then cheers. Maybe you could pay off that debt faster,
If you pay attention.

Secondly, I have no problem with people who self-medicate.
Honestly, my ex girlfriend was trans and she self medicated,
She had some better results than the people who watch their levels with an endo,
Because usually endo's prescribe low doses.
Or at least that's been the experience with the trans girls that I've encountered,
(I only know like...one or two trans guys IRL).

Self-medicating isn't for everyone, but if you're smart enough not to screw with your levels,
And you know what your meds do to you, then I see no problem with it at all.
I, however, don't know what the hell I'm doing, so I wouldn't self medicate.
I'm also greedy. So I would probably just rub the stuff on because I want results damnit!

And a handlebar mustache.
Because.
Hell yeah.
I'm even "lower" than 9 to 5. I work 5-6 hours a day. It is not full time, it is really low part time, and idk how to get full time, this current job won't let me advance. Even people who have been working there for years have less than 30 hours. However, it has good job security, unlike every other job I've looked at. CONSISTENT, guaranteed low income is better than high income that might only last for 2-3 months. That's the issue is that everything here seems to be temp, at-will, and part time. It's part of why I wish military was an option for me. It's full time and has guaranteed job security as long as you follow their rules.

I don't have a career, period. So it isn't exactly a "career change" it would be picking a career and starting it.

The truth is I don't really approve of self-medicating. I think most people who do it are whiny and impatient and don't want to go through the proper steps of seeing an endo. In my case, I can't AFFORD it. And I WAS on testosterone already. I ALREADY went through the 8 months of therapy. I already worked my a** off to see that endo. Then, I ended up homeless. And I have to start OVER because all of my old doctors are withholding my letters and stuff and swear I'm too "unstable" even though they haven't talked to me in years, they are just basing it on the last time they saw me, which was when I was homeless.

Btw sorry if I was being moody, my BF is a ******** FREELOADER and he's pissing me off this morning. I think we're breaking up today. I just can't take his childish bullshit anymore.

Dapper Phantom

Crimsonkirie
That Is All
Bought some new glasses irl. My friend said they look "pretty" on me. Feelin' pretty good. emotion_awesome

I would really really like a pair of glasses. The problem is my eyes are perfect.
This s**t makes me crazy.
Just wear hipster glasses without the lenses.

I am 20/400. That is "worse" than legally blind. I hate it when people who can see wish they couldn't see. You don't wish you couldn't see. You just want a fashion accessory, and no one is stopping you from wearing it. Seriously. There are also glasses with clear/non-prescription lenses in them like sunglasses.

The rose in spring
Oblivion Blades
The rose in spring

Umm... Yes he was.
No HE was not. If HE was transsexual, HE would be a SHE and identify as a WOMAN. He was a transvestite, based on his obsession with transformation. TRANSSEXUALS are people who have a sex change because they identify with that gender, not just for the hell of it.

Nitroglycerific Rainbow
Desideraht
T is giving me hot flashes. Took a bath last night with epsom salts to help with my muscle ache and I was really overheated. Bleh.
Odd. Estrogen has drastically reduced my tolerance for heat, not that I was ever very keen on it. I would have thought it'd work in the opposite direction for T.

YMMV, I guess. User Image
Estrogen totally makes people heat/cold sensitive. Testosterone generally makes people impervious to heat/cold but I am getting internal hot flashes. It happens when some people start T.

Dapper Genius

Completely random and I don't know why I'm posting here considering I rarely visit this thread, but I started a blog recently. It's not exclusively about my trans* stuff, but that is part of it. I have a friend who's writing a blog about her transition, but I'd personally find it frustrating if I had one and spoke about nothing but trans* stuff.

http://enigmatised.blogspot.co.uk/

Lonely Saint

The rose in spring

Actually, I wouldn't care. It would be cool if he was trans, because the idea is pretty hardcore. No, that's not the problem - the thing is that I actually like Silence of the Lambs, and I'm attentive when it comes to detail.
Let's see here what is actually said of Buffalo Bill;

Quote:

Hannibal Lecter: "The significance of the moth is change. Caterpillar into chrysalis, or pupa, and from thence into beauty. Our Billy wants to change, too. There's no correlation between transsexualism and violence."

Starling: "Transsexuals are very passive."

Hannibal Lecter: "Clever girl. Billy is not a real transsexual. But he thinks he is. He tries to be.
He's tried to be a lot of things, I expect.
There are three centres for transsexual surgery: Johns Hopkins,
the University of Minnesota and Columbus Medical Centre.
I wouldn't be surprised if Billy had applied for sex reassignment at all of them and been rejected.

Now listen carefully because I will not repeat this. You are trying to obtain a list of males rejected by all three gender centers. Check first the ones rejected for having lied about criminal records, look for severe childhood disturbances associated with violence. Our Billy wasn't born a killer, Clarice. Oh no, he was made one through years of systematic abuse. Go to the personality tests, study their drawings. Billy's houses will be very small with tiny windows, no flowers, no pets, no toys, no sun. And his females will be even more crudely sketched than his males but he will compensate with exaggerated adornments, jewelry, big breasts. And then his trees. Oh yes, Clarice, his trees will be frightful. Our Billy hates his own identity you see, he always has and he thinks that makes him a transsexual. But his pathology is a thousand times more savage and more terrifying. He wants to be reborn you see. Our Billy wants to be reborn, Clarice. And he will be reborn."

This is the direct movie quote, and gods was finding it in full difficult enough. gonk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff