Welcome to Gaia! ::

Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Interesting. I thought this thread was moderatorless for some reason. I forgot that Dan had access to it.

I agree... Remy is busy not dealing with The Online Transsexual Daycare, and I'm glad he isn't.

Thank you Dan, for being honorable enough to do this. Keeping the peace is of the utmost relevance here. We're all passionate people, with differing views on this subject. However, respect is what we all must offer in order to maintain this peace.

:edit: Mods are away...

POST PONIES!

Kidding.

LadyAssassin11's Significant Otter

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Had to be done.
So... along the lines of water questions for FtMs...
If I get in the water (pool/river/ocean, etc. not a hot tub or anything) with my binder on, will it ruin it? My ex, who is with a transman, said he got in a hot tub and ruined his binder, and I was wondering if that was because of the heat, or the being in the water on his body for a length of time?
If it matters, I currently have the Tri-top Chest Binder from FtM underworks (and am saving up for an Extreme Chest Concealer FTM Chest Binder). I like the idea of wearing a rash guard over top, never knew what they were called and will have to try one on over my binder and see how it fits and moves.

Hallowed Wench

Dandrogyny
Hope the long posts aren't bugging anyone, btw. Thanks to everyone who's replied; you guys are super.

Going on a beach date with my BF tomorrow. Pretty nervous. Wish I could take my shirt off. Wearing my rash guard and little gay shorts (they're seriously super short, tight, black swim shorts-- a gay guy gave them to me a couple years ago after I said they looked cute on him, lol). He's gonna wear my swim trunks. Fortunately I pass really well in the rash guard even when I get wet. I wear my binder under it since I don't really "swim" anyway. I might not even want to get wet tomorrow. We'll see.

Hopefully it will all go well... Fingers crossed. Him and I are having a rough patch in our relationship so he thinks a nice relaxing date should help reduce the stress. I was very reluctant but after a couple hours of discussing it, I've ultimately decided it's the best thing to do.

What do you guys & girls wear to the beach/waterpark/when you swim, etc?

User Image
This outfit although I haven't been swimming in over a year... I think I would look better in it now than I did when I had the picture taken. I wish I could go topless in the pool and just wear a bikini bottom, but other people might not take kindly to that.

Fashionable Vampire

Track01_Rebuild
If I get in the water (pool/river/ocean, etc. not a hot tub or anything) with my binder on, will it ruin it? My ex, who is with a transman, said he got in a hot tub and ruined his binder, and I was wondering if that was because of the heat, or the being in the water on his body for a length of time?
If it matters, I currently have the Tri-top Chest Binder from FtM underworks (and am saving up for an Extreme Chest Concealer FTM Chest Binder). I like the idea of wearing a rash guard over top, never knew what they were called and will have to try one on over my binder and see how it fits and moves.

My guess is that they get wet and such? I dunno. Last time I got in a pool was in 2010 and I had to ditch my binder[More like 2-3 layers of cloth bandage] in the hotel room.[Was at a convention]

For me, I'd suggest in reading up on whether these things are doable for water? Sorry if I'm not helping much.

[And pardon me not posting in here often. Seeing some of the stuff going down in here kinda makes me flinch. I mean, we're supposed to support each other, not tear each other a new one.]

LadyAssassin11's Significant Otter

Hey, so thinking of binders, any recommendations to a first time user? I've been using the one size too small sports bra with an ace bandage on top method and am ready to buy an actual binder... there's a lot out there though! gonk What are y'all using and how do you like it?

Unsealed Bloodsucker

MonochroMan!c

My first binder was the tanktop from T-Kingdom. I have RATHER LARGE breasts, however, and it didn't work all that well, because of the thinner straps. My boobs just kinda pushed my binder out of the way and made it more like a corset, stretching the straps, but the binder I'm using now is from FtM Underworks. It's a t-shirt style with short sleeves and I find it gives much better and more complete binding. Neither of these options are all too terribly much either.

But do take care to get YOUR CURRENT size in binders. Too small and it can make it hard to breath or give you weird lumps, and too big and they won't do much for you. They are designed to take your measurements and bring them down to where they need to be, so don't try to compensate for that :>

But all in all, it takes trying things and seeing what works for you. There is no 'right' or 'wrong' way to bind(unless it hurts, then it is wrong. Don't do anything that hurts or restricts your breathing), so try things out!

Let me know if you have any more questions, as I said, I have large breasts, so binding has been a big huge research project for me. <3
For all the transmen here tonight, this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2zwHpHxWS9E

Lonely Saint

Track01_Rebuild

My binders have been fine with water, I've both swam with them and gone to sauna AND showered with them (the latter at a camp, didn't really have the privacy to take it off xD). T-Kingdom and Underworkds both. The UW tends to shrink when washed/wet and hot in the unsexy manner, but it stretches quite swiftly back to normal, other than that I've honestly not noticed anything.

Lonely Saint

Umbral_Necropolitan

User Image
This outfit although I haven't been swimming in over a year... I think I would look better in it now than I did when I had the picture taken. I wish I could go topless in the pool and just wear a bikini bottom, but other people might not take kindly to that.

Oh my god you're cute. gonk
Oblivion Blades
Track01_Rebuild

My binders have been fine with water, I've both swam with them and gone to sauna AND showered with them (the latter at a camp, didn't really have the privacy to take it off xD). T-Kingdom and Underworkds both. The UW tends to shrink when washed/wet and hot in the unsexy manner, but it stretches quite swiftly back to normal, other than that I've honestly not noticed anything.

Thank you so much biggrin I was really worried that I'd have to look awkward as ******** if I went near water.
I really need to get top surgery asap. maybe I should make a kickstarter for the financial aspect.

Hallowed Wench

Oblivion Blades
Umbral_Necropolitan

User Image

Thank you redface

I'm a bit nutters in the head though, but at least I'm doing better than I was a year ago. Hurray for being self harm free for nine months... I think I'm gonna bug people close to me for a chip (think AA) when I hit the one year mark.

Lonely Saint

Umbral_Necropolitan
Oblivion Blades
Umbral_Necropolitan

User Image

Thank you redface

I'm a bit nutters in the head though, but at least I'm doing better than I was a year ago. Hurray for being self harm free for nine months... I think I'm gonna bug people close to me for a chip (think AA) when I hit the one year mark.

Me too, so it's fine. I'm not sure how long it's been for me - I'm pretty sure I had a breakdown sometime during this year, but it's been quite a few months anyway. Yay us?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff