Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Phantom

ofallthethingyouknow
Dude, again with the generalising. Just because it isn't aesthetically pleasing to you doesn't mean it's not aesthetically pleasing to everyone who 'knows what a p***s looks like'. I do not continue to ignore your issues with the phalloplasty, I just don't see it as relevant. A realistic glans etc has nothing to do with the 'point' that saline pumps exist, that phalloplasty has sensation (though I will concede that sometimes things go wrong) and that aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder.

You said 'FtMs just plain don't have functionality', which isn't true - they have SOME functionality, even if you would not consider that they have ALL functionality. Aesthetics is debatable.

It's not a personal attack to clarify what surgery is available. Your post was generalising, I clarified, the end.
The "point" of saline points is kind of moot. Squeezing your balls for an erection is still obviously "fake". I don't think you're getting MY point.

You removed that statement from the context of me saying I would not trade one fully-functioning part unless I could get another fully-functioning part. Context is everything.

You're the only one talking about "personal attacks" here.

Dapper Phantom

Anyway, I got to clarify MY points/knowledge, and that I AM aware of the surgery types and their features, and that I STILL think phalloplasty is crap and have solid reasons for it, AND that MY opinion has nothing to do with others are "allowed" to decide for themselves, or what they "should" do. It has nothing to do with me and I made that pretty clear. My "generalizations" were misconstrued by you taking statements out of context, both the context of the discussion AND the context of the statement as a whole.

Honestly though, this is just going in circles. I did not ONCE take any of this "personally". I will, however, contest to being accused of promoting misconceptions or spreading misinformation. Also, my OPINION does not constitute as such. Yes, I have a bias, but the facts I present are not falsehood. Considering you turned your nose up to a fact for which I provided sources tells me you have your own biases. So no one here is really "objective" about this. The fact of the matter is that this "discussion" has gone well beyond any level of productivity, and it's just a matter of ego now. Whereas I was before defending my points, this is now turning into pointing fingers and I will not participate in such.
Dandrogyny
ofallthethingyouknow
Dude, again with the generalising. Just because it isn't aesthetically pleasing to you doesn't mean it's not aesthetically pleasing to everyone who 'knows what a p***s looks like'. I do not continue to ignore your issues with the phalloplasty, I just don't see it as relevant. A realistic glans etc has nothing to do with the 'point' that saline pumps exist, that phalloplasty has sensation (though I will concede that sometimes things go wrong) and that aesthetics is in the eye of the beholder.

You said 'FtMs just plain don't have functionality', which isn't true - they have SOME functionality, even if you would not consider that they have ALL functionality. Aesthetics is debatable.

It's not a personal attack to clarify what surgery is available. Your post was generalising, I clarified, the end.
The "point" of saline points is kind of moot. Squeezing your balls for an erection is still obviously "fake". I don't think you're getting MY point.

You removed that statement from the context of me saying I would not trade one fully-functioning part unless I could get another fully-functioning part. Context is everything.

It's not moot to someone who is considering the surgery. Having a pump inserted into a ball is vastly different to having an external pump or having to insert a rod into the p***s. And using fake to describe a ftm erection or a ftm p***s is about as offensive as saying that a mtf's v****a is fake because they have to dilate. It's not fake, it's just different. In your opinion, it's not satisfactory for your own purposes, which is fine. 'Fake' is offensive.

No, I quoted you saying that you wouldn't trade one one fully-functioning part unless you could get another fully-functioning part. But saying that doesn't clarify how or if the ftm bottom surgery is functional IN THE SLIGHTEST.

I respect that you would not trade unless it was fully functioning. That is a perfectly legitimate decision, and I don't disagree with you. I disagree with you generalising and then defending those generalisations. Anyway this has gone so far off the main point - which was, by the way, to point out WHAT SURGERY IS AVAILABLE TO FTMS CONSIDERING BOTTOM SURGERY- that it's no longer worth talking about.

If anyone has been following and wants further information about phalloplasties and metoidioplasties in the UK and how to access them, shoot me a PM.

Elder

Dandrogyny

Tell me how many bio-males have to squeeze their nuts to get a hard on. rolleyes
Any cismale who elects to have surgery for their chronic erectile dysfunction pumps to get an erection. Last time I read about it (several years a go) they actually inserted the pump into your abdominal area, so you had to pump your "stomach" to get an erection.

Anyway, I'm not putting that in to get on anybody's "side" here. I'm just stating pumping is not an ftm-only issue.

I came in to ask if we could please stop arguing about bottom surgery.
Thanks.

EDIT:
Aaaaaand slow internet makes this post completely useless.
Okay, well,
Thank you for not arguing about bottom surgery anymore. xd

Dapper Phantom

ofallthethingyouknow
Dandrogyny
ofallthethingyouknow

It's not moot to someone who is considering the surgery. Having a pump inserted into a ball is vastly different to having an external pump or having to insert a rod into the p***s. And using fake to describe a ftm erection or a ftm p***s is about as offensive as saying that a mtf's v****a is fake because they have to dilate. It's not fake, it's just different. In your opinion, it's not satisfactory for your own purposes, which is fine. 'Fake' is offensive.

No, I quoted you saying that you wouldn't trade one one fully-functioning part unless you could get another fully-functioning part. But saying that doesn't clarify how or if the ftm bottom surgery is functional IN THE SLIGHTEST.

I respect that you would not trade unless it was fully functioning. That is a perfectly legitimate decision, and I don't disagree with you. I disagree with you generalising and then defending those generalisations. Anyway this has gone so far off the main point - which was, by the way, to point out WHAT SURGERY IS AVAILABLE TO FTMS CONSIDERING BOTTOM SURGERY- that it's no longer worth talking about.

If anyone has been following and wants further information about phalloplasties and metoidioplasties in the UK and how to access them, shoot me a PM.
This saline thing you're talking about is obviously very new, almost unheard of to most of us, and is it even an accessible procedure yet? How many guys have actually gotten it, and vouched for its effectiveness? How about years down the road? Most people don't want to try a brand new surgery until they have some sort of idea what the prognosis, and long-term results will be (especially since this sounds fairly permanent/irreversible). What complications could come with squeezing saline around in the body like that? And how is the saline kept satisfactorily in the shaft during intercourse, ensuring it doesn't squeeze itself back into the "testes"?

Yeah, I'm not even going to argue the "fake" thing with you. I used quotes, and also, you are clearly not going to understand my reasoning for using this terminology. We are having two entirely different conversations and it's retarded.

Actually the context of both the conversation AND my latter statement does clarify that I am seeking full function. rolleyes

I would love to end this here but I will also defend from false accusations and twisting my words. You might want to refrain from doing that.

Dapper Phantom

[Q]
Dandrogyny

Tell me how many bio-males have to squeeze their nuts to get a hard on. rolleyes
Any cismale who elects to have surgery for their chronic erectile dysfunction pumps to get an erection. Last time I read about it (several years a go) they actually inserted the pump into your abdominal area, so you had to pump your "stomach" to get an erection.

Anyway, I'm not putting that in to get on anybody's "side" here. I'm just stating pumping is not an ftm-only issue.

I came in to ask if we could please stop arguing about bottom surgery.
Thanks.
Do you have a citation? No seriously, that's fascinating. The stomach pump. I've never heard of it and that's bloody interesting.

I'd like to stop the argument as well since it's getting pretty stupid. Also not pointing fingers, it's just a stupid discussion in general.

Dapper Phantom

[Q]
EDIT:
Aaaaaand slow internet makes this post completely useless.
Okay, well,
Thank you for not arguing about bottom surgery anymore. xd
Lol yeah it looks like we both got sick of it at the same time.

Elder

Dandrogyny
Do you have a citation? No seriously, that's fascinating. The stomach pump. I've never heard of it and that's bloody interesting.

I'd like to stop the argument as well since it's getting pretty stupid. Also not pointing fingers, it's just a stupid discussion in general.

The stomach pump thing was an aside on wikipedia's article about ED several years a go. I did a brief glance at it and the page has long-since changed.

I found this through a quick google search, it's talking about saline pump in one of the testes the scrotum. Probably the originator of the ftm surgery's counterpart. The article here briefly mentions previous versions of the surgery being much more invasive. It might be in there. But otherwise, sorry. Just going off memory about the stomach thing. I found it super weird at the time, that's why I remembered it. XD

EDIT:
Q! Y U NO KNOW ANATOMY?
It's not a new procedure, it's been around for a number of years. And yes, I personally know someone who has received the procedure and both him and his girlfriend are extremely happy with it!

But obviously, having an NHS means a similar standard of care across the whole country.
IN OTHER NEWS I AM GOING TO MY GIC ON MONDAY TO SEE MY DOCTOR O NOES.

I've got my blood results back and my T is a liiittle low.

Aged Firestarter

That Is All
Soooooo I guess the flames have died down a bit. -Is back-

There were flames? burning_eyes
Welcome back, Hon. heart

Dapper Phantom

[Q]
Dandrogyny

The stomach pump thing was an aside on wikipedia's article about ED several years a go. I did a brief glance at it and the page has long-since changed.

I found this through a quick google search, it's talking about saline pump in one of the testes the scrotum. Probably the originator of the ftm surgery's counterpart. The article here briefly mentions previous versions of the surgery being much more invasive. It might be in there. But otherwise, sorry. Just going off memory about the stomach thing. I found it super weird at the time, that's why I remembered it. XD

EDIT:
Q! Y U NO KNOW ANATOMY?
See, you actually just provided something REALLY useful to the discussion that we were just having. If this has been tested on cis men for years, it makes it a more trustworthy and reliable surgery. We can see what results would be more like. The one thing, however, that makes it characteristically different, is that the cis men have a real p***s, real shaft, real glans. And by "real", I mean not made out of arm-skin. It's made of the skin types that a p***s is made out of when it is grown naturally. This is bound to have different results.

I made the teste mistake too, but I wasn't sure how you'd fill the scrotum with saline without just squirting it into the lower abdominal cavity. Surely it's kept in some sort of sac or something. u.u;

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
And every time you ask him for another vanishing act,
he half smiles as if to say...

Hello there! My name is Moe, I'm 20, and pre-medical ftm. I saw the link to this place in someone's sig and thought it might be a nice place to stop by and chat. So how is everyone this evening (or whatever time of day it is for you)?

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,
whatever you want is fine by me."

Profitable Browser

9,800 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Voter 100
Stegash0ta

Hello there! My name is Moe, I'm 20, and pre-medical ftm. I saw the link to this place in someone's sig and thought it might be a nice place to stop by and chat. So how is everyone this evening (or whatever time of day it is for you)?

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,

Hello Moe, welcome to the thread. My name is Trisha, I'm MtF and I'm pre everything. I'm pretty good this evening, how are you?

Tiny Friend

12,500 Points
  • Gender Swap 100
  • Timid 100
Flickering Hope
Stegash0ta

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,

Hello Moe, welcome to the thread. My name is Trisha, I'm MtF and I'm pre everything. I'm pretty good this evening, how are you?

Hi, nice to meet you! I'm pretty good, just watched The Muppets with my family. Are you up to anything interesting?

..."Whatever you want,
whatever you want,

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out