Remy is back again....

Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Aged Firestarter

Dandrogyny
Yeah, SRS isn't perfect either way, but FtMs just plain don't have functionality OR good aesthetics when it comes to SRS. Honestly I know some guys do it because they want a p***s THAT BADLY but I just can't make myself do it unless I'm going to trade a fully-functioning part for another fully-functioning part. I like sex and I like not having so many "issues" down there. The FtM SRS comes with a lot of complications. u.u

I actually worry about the functionality for me after SRS, due to some well...let's just say lack of sensation from past events as well as from HRT. Or rather I worry I will experience minimal to no sexual gratification. I also worry that my strange anatomy will affect the procedure. For crying out loud, I have periods due to my Intersex condition. Luckily the bleeding and ovarian masses is minimal due to my ovaries being malformed, but early on in my life I had to have regular blood transfusions for reasons my physicians didn't understand. I'll spare you and the rest of the thread the exact details of my monthly visit, as while its not nearly as bad as it could be its still not very pleasant.

Dandrogyny
surprised You're a dyke in a good way, though. I love your look. Great hair, and I just love that shirt. Anywayyyy, I totally agree that no one should have to put up with their old name if they don't want to. It's a very personal choice.

That is hands down, my favorite top on her. heart
I managed to get her to cut her hair and get it dyed since I moved in with her. Not to mention the influence I've had on her to get piercings. xD

Aged Firestarter

In completely unrelated news, I'm creeped out by something on Gaia.
In the shops section outside of the Treehouse, is a female avi with black and red spiked hair and coat. This avi is there, everyday all day. Starting to think its a glitch in the system, a ghost given digital unlife if you will.
Dandrogyny
Yeah, SRS isn't perfect either way, but FtMs just plain don't have functionality OR good aesthetics when it comes to SRS. Honestly I know some guys do it because they want a p***s THAT BADLY but I just can't make myself do it unless I'm going to trade a fully-functioning part for another fully-functioning part. I like sex and I like not having so many "issues" down there. The FtM SRS comes with a lot of complications. u.u

Okay, so a lot of people think this, but it isn't really true. Yes, FtM bottom surgery is a little trickier, depending on which one, but it's coming on leaps and bounds, and I wouldn't say that it doesn't have good aesthetics or bad functionality.

There are two types of bottom surgery a FtM can get - phalloplasty and metoidioplasty. Each surgery has its merits and its drawbacks.

Starting with phalloplasty, what they do is they take a skin graft from your arm and they construct a p***s from this. They construct the balls using the labia. This takes a total of three or four surgeries over about a year and a half. At the end of surgery, you end up with a p***s long enough to penetrate, that you can urinate through and that has physical sensation. They can either tuck the clitoris into the base of the p***s or leave it where it is so that it is accessible for orgasm if the sensation from the p***s alone is not enough.

One of the balls is a pump that floods the p***s with saline. When you want an erection, you simply squeeze one of your balls. The obvious benefit to the phalloplasty is the ability to penetrate.

The metoidioplasty is a technique that releases the clitoris from the body (which, after a period on T can already resemble a mini-phallus, as testosterone causes the clitoris to grow as much as a couple of inches, though this very much depends on the person). The clitoral release allows greater length, though you will be very lucky to penetrate with the meta technique. They route the urethra through the newly constructed p***s. Once again, your labia are used to construct your balls. This is a much less traumatic procedure and can be done in one surgery. The benefits are that the p***s is fully functional and can obtain natural erections. However, a p***s made from meta is usually only 2-4 inches long and unlikely to be able to penetrate.

Just thought people might like to know more about the actual procedures and what one can expect.

Dapper Dabbler

ofallthethingyouknow

Unless some breakthrough's been made in the past few months, saline pumps don't exist and phalloplasties are very short with no physical sensation or potential for sexual pleasure. Last I checked, an outside pump had to be used, too.
I saw on this documentary, the doctors told a transwoman who was just about to have surgery that she'd have to wash her v****a every day for ever with this thing that looks like a turkey baster.
That sounds depressingly inconveniant.
I don't wanna have to mess around with s**t like that, I just wanna cut this male part off!
Song of the Century
ofallthethingyouknow

Unless some breakthrough's been made in the past few months, saline pumps don't exist and phalloplasties are very short with no physical sensation or potential for sexual pleasure. Last I checked, an outside pump had to be used, too.

Uhh, what are your sources? The phalloplasty can be as long as your forearm (although too long and it gets pretty ridiculous). The pump is inserted into one of the balls. I live in the UK, so perhaps it is different in less developed countries?

But yeah, I have actually SEEN the results of several phalloplasties and I know a couple of guys personally who have had them done. Never personally seen a meta, but again, personally know a guy who has had it done.

The surgeries I have outlined are the two current surgery options available to me should I choose to go forward with bottom surgery next year, as outlined by medical professionals at my GIC, who are overseeing my 'supervised life experience'.
Kitsuneko Nyan
I saw on this documentary, the doctors told a transwoman who was just about to have surgery that she'd have to wash her v****a every day for ever with this thing that looks like a turkey baster.
I don't wanna have to mess around with s**t like that, I just wanna cut this male part off!

I'm not as clear on MtF bottom surgery as I am on FtM, but I do know that MtFs have to dilate AT LEAST daily after their initial surgery, and that this can be a painful process.
Kitsuneko Nyan

Bullshit. Once it's healed it wont be any different than cleaning a natal v****a.

Dapper Dabbler

ofallthethingyouknow
Uhh, what are your sources? The phalloplasty can be as long as your forearm (although too long and it gets pretty ridiculous). The pump is inserted into one of the balls. I live in the UK, so perhaps it is different in less developed countries?

But yeah, I have actually SEEN the results of several phalloplasties and I know a couple of guys personally who have had them done. Never personally seen a meta, but again, personally know a guy who has had it done.

The surgeries I have outlined are the two current surgery options available to me should I choose to go forward with bottom surgery next year, as outlined by medical professionals at my GIC, who are overseeing my 'supervised life experience'.

Sources are everything I've seen on Google when searching for the topic, along with one video I was able to find.

I live in the USA.

Liberal Receiver

Corrupted Coco
Late 10 month HRT update:
User Image

Probably sounds silly, but you look like a Zoe.
I don't know why :/ Just seems like it.
Corrupted Coco
Kitsuneko Nyan

Bullshit. Once it's healed it wont be any different than cleaning a natal v****a.

does it make any difference that the transwoman in the documentary was like... older than 50?
Song of the Century
ofallthethingyouknow

Sources are everything I've seen on Google when searching for the topic, along with one video I was able to find.

I live in the USA.

Because of the above problems with the semi-rigid prostheses most centres now offer
inflatable prostheses. This is essentially a balloon that can be filled with fluid to create
rigidity when an erection is needed. This is much more like the normal erectile spongy
tissue. We cannot however reproduce the elastic function of the tunica because the
phallus skin is fixed in size.

Inflatable prostheses come in three basic models from various companies. They all
consist of three components which are the cylinders, pump and reservoir. The pump
regulates the flow of fluid between the reservoir and cylinders, thereby controlling the
erections. The cylinders give the rigidity for penetration and the reservoir stores the
fluid when no erection is required. The fluid used is usually saline but x-ray contrast is
some time s used. A one-part inflatable has all three components combined in one
cylinder. The pump is at the glans end whilst the reservoir is at the bone end with the
cylinder in the middle. A two-part inflatable has the reservoir and cylinder combined in
the cylinders with a separate pump. The reservoir is at the bone end with the rest of the
cylinder being the inflatable component. A three-part inflatable has the cylinders, pump
and reservoir as three separate components.

[...]

If we put a pump into a new space created in the hairy labial skin then it would be too
painful for patients to cycle the prosthesis postoperatively and this would lead to longterm difficulties in operating it correctly. We therefore always try to get at least one
large testis prosthesis in during the Stage 3 surgery on the side of the proposed pump so
that we can put the pump into this precreated space later. This means that it should not
be too painful to cycle the prosthesis and some patients can even do it within a few
days.

Source: http://www.andrology.co.uk/downloads/Patient-Guide-To-Phalloplasty.pdf
Kitsuneko Nyan
Corrupted Coco
Kitsuneko Nyan

does it make any difference that the transwoman in the documentary was like... older than 50?

Yes.
Jason0690
Corrupted Coco
Late 10 month HRT update:
User Image

Probably sounds silly, but you look like a Zoe.
I don't know why :/ Just seems like it.

I really do. I went with something that fit my personality and that sounded appealing to me.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff