Please don't kill me. D: 0.13836948391922 13.8% [ 185 ]
I'll be nice, I promise. 0.23186237845924 23.2% [ 310 ]
I'm back for now, we're all good right? 0.14210919970082 14.2% [ 190 ]
Wait... What are you doing with that knife? 0.48765893792072 48.8% [ 652 ]
Total Votes:[ 1337 ]

Dapper Dabbler

One Sickk Puppy
I am legit the stupidest transguy ever neutral
I tried shaving below my nose and the razor stuck on my skin and pulled it.
Now I have a cut on my lip.
I look stupid.
And tomorrow is my first day of high school.
Ughh.

You tripped and hit your lip on something, or you bit your lip too hard. Or it was peeling and you tried peeling it all the way off.

In other news, I'm finally reading Luna - my friend (who makes an active effort online to refer to me as male) is lending it to me. Only 27 pages into it and already I can relate so well to it. I wonder how deep it goes into explaining the dysphoria, etc., if only to see how much my friend knows about it (because I doubt he really knows anything past the basics).

Seeker

Song of the Century
One Sickk Puppy
I am legit the stupidest transguy ever neutral
I tried shaving below my nose and the razor stuck on my skin and pulled it.
Now I have a cut on my lip.
I look stupid.
And tomorrow is my first day of high school.
Ughh.

You tripped and hit your lip on something, or you bit your lip too hard. Or it was peeling and you tried peeling it all the way off.

In other news, I'm finally reading Luna - my friend (who makes an active effort online to refer to me as male) is lending it to me. Only 27 pages into it and already I can relate so well to it. I wonder how deep it goes into explaining the dysphoria, etc., if only to see how much my friend knows about it (because I doubt he really knows anything past the basics).

I read that. It was really good. Since it's from the perspective of her sister, there's more about the sister's feelings than Luna's. It didn't go into as much depth as it would've had it been from Luna's point of view but it does give a probably perfect amount of detail. It's well written and would be really informative about the feelings of a transgendered person to someone who hadn't had much exposure to it before.
Wow, this conversation is perfect.

I just finished reading Luna last night, and I adore Julie Ann Peter's books. So far, I've managed to read Keeping You a Secret, RAGE, and now Luna.

It does a nice job on trying to see it from two different points of view, and it gives insight on just how hard it is for us just to even attempt leading what would be considered "normal" lives, just trying to be ourselves, whether you're MtF or FtM.

I might even try bringing it into my Sociology of Gender class soon, assuming we get a chance to talk about transpeople (We probably will. The teacher knows who I am, and has helped me by taking me to a GLBT center before).

Dapper Dabbler

I'm probably going to spend the next few hours reading through all of Luna, if I can get it up to my room without anyone asking what I'm reading. I haven't read any of Peters' books, but they all sound interesting; they're just a bit expensive. Reminds me of that book Parrotfish that I want to read, but can't find anywhere.

I'm half-hoping we'll spend at least a day talking about gender in my psych class, but considering that this is the teacher's first year of teaching it, and she's really focused on everything directly related to the AP exam, it'll probably only get a few minutes in the class. Still, it's a nice thing to think about, considering that a bunch of people around here are all "trannies are freaks" and "that one butch math teacher HAS to be a tranny or a lesbo." The ignorance is astounding.
Yeah, it'd be nice to educate people like that... >.<. People around here are and aren't as ignorant about it. If anything, they seem to be confused or curious, and in some cases, simply not interested (which is weird to me...). Ignorance sort of bundles up in patches around the state, so it really does depend where you go.

I get to introduce myself as Colette, the translady tomorrow in that same class. It won't be the first time, but I was really hoping to be dressing appropriately by now, but I'm still... looking like a you know what (I had a massive dysphoria attack today at work, and I'm still getting over it. Sorry if I sound childish...).
Bah @.@; Dysphoria attacks suck. I've been having those a lot and they get set off by the most random things like the other day I was at Walmart and passed three guys around my age and I felt terrible for close to the rest of the day.

I don't think the fact I also seem to be having more anxiety attacks is helping either. I'm really looking forward to moving, but I'm really not looking forward from going to one closet to another because I'm moving in with my dad and one of my best friends is also moving in and doesn't want me to tell my dad I'm ftm because he thinks it'll get us kicked out. I'd kind of like to get to know my dad though and for him to get to know me and not the girl I always seem to be having to pretend to be around my family. -_-
    I have a question.

What is your opinion on whether a person says 'I am male/female.' vs. 'I want to be male/female.'

I've heard quite a few people say when someone says 'I want' it's because they have self-esteem issues or have some type of trauma.

Personally, I always say to myself 'I want to be male' only because I'm reminded everyday that I'm technically female. It's like I want to say 'I am' but I can't.

So what's your view on this? And have you heard of people being turned away from transitioning just because they said 'I want'?

Fashionable Prophet

i have no clue what i am are want to be at this point.

but i find it very courageous of people to say they are male/female/whatever. maybe i wish i could do that. you know, pick a side.

3,350 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Dressed Up 200
Wow, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 'dysphoria attack' .. and I've had them. I learned something biggrin

Especially the worst is coming home at the end of the night and taking it all off for bed.. or to go do whatever I need to do cause it's morning... I miss my boobs when they're sitting on the shelf.
I wish i knew what to say. I'm a newbie here, and I recently came out to my mother about becoming physically female.
She didn't take it well, but she hasn't disowned me and she's very accepting. My father on the other hand... he doesn't know, and lord knows how I'll break it to him.
Should I just go on HRT without his knowledge and then one day be like "hey dad, look, boobs!"??
Bare in mind my father's always sprouting about how "accepting" he is and he's not a homphobe.
I mean sure, he's got gay friends, but he usually only converses with them to get a new soundtrack or film score. He doesn't hang out with them socially, as friends and it's a relationship for his convenience.
Contrary to what he says, he's not accepting and he thinks people that alter their gender are "wrong in the head".
Help!
Fur_Cobain
I wish i knew what to say. I'm a newbie here, and I recently came out to my mother about becoming physically female.
She didn't take it well, but she hasn't disowned me and she's very accepting. My father on the other hand... he doesn't know, and lord knows how I'll break it to him.
Should I just go on HRT without his knowledge and then one day be like "hey dad, look, boobs!"??
Bare in mind my father's always sprouting about how "accepting" he is and he's not a homphobe.
I mean sure, he's got gay friends, but he usually only converses with them to get a new soundtrack or film score. He doesn't hang out with them socially, as friends and it's a relationship for his convenience.
Contrary to what he says, he's not accepting and he thinks people that alter their gender are "wrong in the head".
Help!

You could try getting your mother a bit more use to the idea for a bit, to have someone to support you. Then you could come out to your dad with her there and possibly have her say some things to help him accept it.

I wish you the best of luck. ^-^

Invisible Prophet

8,150 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Tycoon 200
Noire Etoile
    I have a question.

What is your opinion on whether a person says 'I am male/female.' vs. 'I want to be male/female.'

I've heard quite a few people say when someone says 'I want' it's because they have self-esteem issues or have some type of trauma.

Personally, I always say to myself 'I want to be male' only because I'm reminded everyday that I'm technically female. It's like I want to say 'I am' but I can't.

So what's your view on this? And have you heard of people being turned away from transitioning just because they said 'I want'?

Some days I "am" female and other days I just want to be. For me it's feeling truly female, which can be hard amidst stubble and genitals, which is something I've struggled with for a while. What really gets me into feeling like a girl is when those around me really treat me like one.

Dapper Dabbler

Noire Etoile
    I have a question.

Well, saying "I want to be male" means the same as "I want to have a p***s and flat chest," considering that it refers solely to physical sex. With something like "I want to be a man," with a social context, I would assume that they are not yet socially presenting that way, yet they want to start and want to be recognized as that gender. If I say "I'm a guy," then I would be referring to my mental state only, because I am not presenting as a guy offline. However, I would say that I want to be a guy, in social terms. So, there's three parts to it - social, mental, physical - and I would apply the statement to the part that best matched it.

I don't tell myself "I want to be male," but rather "I am Roy, not her" and "One day I will be comfortable in my body" and such. Not so much "I want" as "I will be" or "My identity is".

...yeah, I don't know if you can make any sense of that, but there's my opinion and thoughts.

becky21k
Wow, I didn't even know there was such a thing as a 'dysphoria attack' .. and I've had them. I learned something

Yep. They're so much fun to have in the middle of the school day.

Fur_Cobain

Very similar situation I have here, 'cept FtM and my mom thinks it's a phase.

Quote:

My plan: Come back home from a year at college and say "Hey dad, you were right! Eating veggies and getting a job DID make a man of me!" (He jokes about that a lot, but has no clue.)

Quote:

Eh, my dad made a homophobic comment when my mom said to him that I was questioning my sexuality. If you decide you really want to come out to him, then I would suggest informing him about the psychology surrounding it, with a book, educational video, etc. You could even try stuff like saying "I have a friend who's trans, and s/he mentioned this book/movie/etc. to me about the subject, and it's really interesting/enlightening. Want to read it/watch it with me?"
Hi my name is Joe. I'm actually just confused.
I'm a male but loves everything girly, dresses, make-up, ect...Only a few people know, one being my girlfriend who is open to the idea of me in dresses, but I don't really know how to come out about it.
But, I'm still attracted to mostly girls. It's like 70/30 (girls/guys)
augh. my mother can be so... confusing and frustrating sometimes.

for months now [before i came out] they always complained how i never went outside... i was "always cooped up in the bat cave" and didn't get the sunlight that i needed. so just recently [like, two weeks ago or less] i got my first binder that a friend online bought for me... and now i'm eager to go outside, like to the store or somebody's house. i can't wait to go to school or visit a friend again because i can finally present as male with confidence.

last night my mom is asking my dad if he's going to her brother's house on friday or saturday like he usually does. he says yes, and [a rare event!] i offer to go along with him.

immediately my mom says "no". just "no" and nothing else.

she bluntly told me a few weeks ago that she didn't want me coming to her work-place anymore [which is less than 5 minutes from my school] because i embarrass her. now it seems she doesn't want me to be seen by family... even though she wants me to go out more.

so wtf does she expect me to do? ]x

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces