Welcome to Gaia! ::

New Poll for...awesomeness!

Yay! Awesomeness! 0.6 60.0% [ 357 ]
Yeah...awesome... [/sarcasm] 0.15798319327731 15.8% [ 94 ]
[insert your own thoughts here] 0.24201680672269 24.2% [ 144 ]
Total Votes:[ 595 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 ... 177 178 179 > >> »|

Familiar Citizen

You know I haven't. I've heard really mixed reviews about it, but generally that it was at least a little fair in it's representation. Not having seen it I can't say for sure.
Mameoyashi
You know I haven't. I've heard really mixed reviews about it, but generally that it was at least a little fair in it's representation. Not having seen it I can't say for sure.

It was horrible....
Like most mtv shows it was just drama filled crap. I was hoping for a little bit representation instead of just bunch of gay guys whining. The only good poly advice they had was to not add another partner to fix a problem in a existing relationship.

Familiar Citizen

Hm. Well it's at least understandable because it was MTV? I hear at least it wasn't portraying it negatively, if it was a bit drama-y. I don't know, again I haven't seen it. I'd like to so that I can figure it out.
I've seen that episode of True Life. I think the young woman they followed was a more accurate depiction of what dating and being polyamorous is all about. The three guys in a relationship seemed to be trying to hold something together that was falling apart. Way too much drama there.
i watched the episode and i wrote my thoughts on it and thoughts on the comments made about it. if you're interested, here's the link:
(warning: it's a (bit) long)
linky link

p.s. if you look around my blog, you'll find other poly topics i've written about.

Familiar Citizen

Princess Moxy
Thanks but they don't offer the video for my region when I try to play it from the US site and they don't seem to offer True Life at all to watch on the Canadian site. I've been trying that already which is why I hadn't watched it yet XD

taking magic pills: That's more what I heard as well. Though they didn't show everything they filmed and there was a lot of really good stuff (in the young woman's opinion) that was left on the cutting room floor, MTV is a bit sensationalist and it makes sense for them to take that sort of aspect over the more mundane aspects (because let's face it mundane makes for pretty bad TV in most people's eyes).

the ocean breathes salty: Welcome to the thread, haven't seen you around smile I'll probably check out your blog sometime or other(though not right now I lack the time sadly), I always find it interesting to read depth reviews and thoughts about stuff. Thanks for sharing.
i lurk and read. razz

Familiar Citizen

Well welcome to the posting aspect, good to see the participation <3 Hope you enjoy your reading XD

Familiar Citizen

Ah so things have been a wee bit slow for the last little while. I've been sick, Graverg's busy with work and now my computer has been completely busted. So I'm just going to be using Graverg's on loan for awhile until I can save up for a new one.

Though it's funny I had a little chat with my sister the other day and concluded that she should never know about the polyamorous relationship that I have with Graverg. I was visiting her and my mother for a couple of days, and Graverg was home alone. I tell an amusing story that one of our friends Lyns came over and our kitten was confused. Apparently when Lyns was opening the door Muirgen ran down all excited because she must have thought I was coming home because when Lyns was the one to walk in Muirgen was acting really confused and a bit dejected.

So of course I find it a cute story about my cat and share it with my mother and sister. Then my sister gets all pissy because Graverg has a female friend over to the house when I'm not there. It doesn't matter if she's a mutual friend, that I'm okay with it and that nothing would ever happen between the two of them (even if I wasn't okay with that, which I am, but it would never happen for a variety of reasons), the fact of the matter is that Graverg is somehow disrespecting me by having a female over to the house when I'm not around. Like...what? I mean around 75% of my friends are guys, does that mean if Graverg's away or not there to chaperon I wouldn't be able to hang out with my guy friends? I really don't get how that's disrespectful, rude or a*****e-ish just because you hang out with friends of the opposite gender o.O

Then instead of talking about it and trying to figure out what the issue is my sister clams up and just doesn't want to talk. She doesn't want to work it through or see another point, she doesn't really care to resolve the issues between us, she just wants to sit in her anger and stew on it. Which I will never understand either.

Ah, so, needless to say the rest of the visit was a little special. I'm glad I'm home now, and can finally start recovering from being sick biggrin
i think the fact that there are so many people in the world who refuse to even try looking at an issue from a different position is troubling. i think it would solve many problems if people were more open-minded even if they didn't agree with the issue in the end.

Familiar Citizen

Yeah... just being able to discuss a subject instead of the "I'm not saying anything so it can't be rocking the boat" kind of mentality. because even though they may not say anything directly all the time, it still comes through. I don't really know how to deal with people who refuse to communicate and talk through problems. I would like to work this through so that it's not going to be a sore spot between us forever but I don't really see how to do so. Ah well.

Familiar Citizen

Well from the looks of the poll above it seems the majority are either in favour or at least okay with adding a section for other forms of non-monogamous relationships. I'll start looking for the subjects to write about.

Is there anything in particular people would like to see mentioned?
Hey, anyone still around?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces