fiancé 0.047151277013752 4.7% [ 72 ]
wife 0.2770137524558 27.7% [ 423 ]
husband 0.079240340537001 7.9% [ 121 ]
Total Votes:[ 1527 ]

Quotable Prophet

Wish For Wings That Work
nono, thank YOU for coming!
(:
I don't remember if we have any Airforce lovers, but my boyfriend is off in basic, too. Just a different branch. 4laugh

4laugh
well, at least we can support each other. being the one left at home is pretty much the same no matter the branch, from what i understand (:

Quotable Prophet

Kusarineco
Woah airforce! biggrin
My boyfriends in basic too, but army (:

go army 4laugh
how far along in basic is your boyfriend?

Quotable Prophet

DieSeeaffe
Honeydew Mew
hi everyone! my boyfriend just left for AF Basic Training on the 17th and i was looking for some other people in the same boat or that have been through it before to talk to. thanks for inviting me here, wishy! smile

first off, i love your sig smile i learned the phonetic alphabet along with my bf... we spell things out randomly razz

and my bf is going to be leaving for basic in about 3 weeks.... so i cant help yet... you might have to help me out :/

haha thank you! i was in AFJROTC all through high school so i already knew my phonetic alphabet and my clocks are defaulted to military time. i helped my boyfriend study his alphabet, ranks, insignias, acronyms and all that before he left. it felt so backwards haha whee

what branch is your boyfriend going into? i'll help all i can, just like everyone in this thread i'm sure User Image

Quotable Prophet

DT Lavillu
Honeydew Mew
hi everyone! my boyfriend just left for AF Basic Training on the 17th and i was looking for some other people in the same boat or that have been through it before to talk to. thanks for inviting me here, wishy! smile

My boyfriend is in the Air Force. Basic is the toughest time to talk to one another, but you can still send him letters via snail mail [which he will love a LOT, trust me!!]
once he's out of basic and in tech school he can come online to talk, if he's not too tired.
if you ever need to talk to someone for support or anything, send me a message biggrin

I'll also try to be in here as much as possible.

thank you! i'll probably take you up on that offer, this past week has been hard without anyone who knows what i'm going through to talk to 4laugh
HOLY s**t xDD He's a MARINE!!! Gooooood loooordy Marines were my mortal enemy in the army. I am not in the army anymore, Honerable Discharge.
I'm a mother of 2 and I'm marrying a man in the Navy. It's nice that you made this thread. Most people don't understand how hard it is..
Oh my, missed quite a bit. Stupid work...

But uh... Go Army! :: ahem ::

:: Wishy ::
The picture you put on the first page is uber amazing, by the way.
HEY HEY HEY NO HATING ON OTHER BRANCHES OR YOU'LL BE BLACKLISTED INSTANTLY
Lennons Beatle

I know, this little thread is growing pretty fast!
exactly why I put it up. (:

quickyporkchop

welcome, and thank you (:

Honeydew Mew

exactly! <3

Quotable Prophet

Queen_Sora_the_White

don't feel stupid, i wish i had found a thread like this before my man left. maybe this past week wouldn't have been so hard with a little love and support.
i started dating my boyfriend knowing he'd be leaving on the 17th, it was hard but he was worth it.
just know that you aren't being selfish, you aren't insisting that he stay or doing anything like that (unless you aren't saying something). he doesn't seem to realize how hard it is to be the one waiting, it can be just as hard as being the soldier going.
remember that not all marines are directly in harm's way, hundreds of marines come home safe and sound all the time, don't psych yourself out over something before it happens. yes, people die in the armed forced every day, but many many people also live and live a long time. it's hard, but you have to have faith.
the being alone is tough, very very tough, but it makes us military girlfriends stronger just like the military makes our men stronger. we have to be strong to support them just like they have to be strong to support our country.
it's ok to be sad, it's normal and it's healthy. trust me, my boyfriend left last tuesday and before today i hadn't eaten anything more substantial than a cup of soup because i was so upset i made myself sick. just don't let it become everything you think about. keep yourself busy, spend all the time you can with him and with your friends. if he's still setting up his contract, you should have a good bit of time left to really get used to the idea. it'll still be hard but you won't fall apart completely if you give yourself time to adjust and to prepare and plan.

if you ever need anyone to talk to, feel free to message me. i know exactly what it's like to be the girl waiting for the man you love to leave. we've all been there, we all know how it feels. even when he's gone, don't forget that you aren't truly alone. us military SOs have to take care of each other right? 4laugh

(wow massive wall of text. sorry n_n; wink
Wish For Wings That Work
HEY HEY HEY NO HATING ON OTHER BRANCHES OR YOU'LL BE BLACKLISTED INSTANTLY
WOW WOW WOW I Don't HATE The Marines lol It's just some of them are trouble makers I wasn't insulting them cause They DO They're part it's just I have a long history of trouble with the Marines Cause I was an Army Ranger.
I know, just a warning.
May or may not have been a little more fierce than needed, since it was aimed at my man's branch wink
:: Honeydew ::
Nicely put.
Lennons Beatle
:: Honeydew ::
Nicely put.

^^what she said
Wish For Wings That Work
I know, just a warning.
May or may not have been a little more fierce than needed, since it was aimed at my man's branch wink
Yeah lol I'm sure he's a great man lol And I hope he Loves Boot Camp ahah, He's in Hell, I Do however Beleive Army Training is alot woorrrrssee.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff