wife 0.2770137524558 27.7% [ 423 ]
husband 0.079240340537001 7.9% [ 121 ]
Total Votes:[ 1527 ]

II Earl Grey II's Darling

User Image
::.DEFFY.::
✖[⇆]❝I'd Give My Undies❞||::a charity✖
❣Colorist for: Serengeti Plains❣
||keepin' default undies teh sex since 03'||deffy -hearts- her mushi||is Vyxin||loveing property of MaidenLimbo<3||

your poll has no option for other types of family gonk
User Image

-kay love you❤

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rebellious Revelry
I think I need a little help...
In my opinion, you're doing all that you can right now. Listening is what they need most when they're so far away from their loved ones. My husband just wanted to hear my voice and to tell me what he could while he was deployed. What he really wanted though was a hug. Hugs hold a lot of power with these guys I'm noticing. They miss the ability to have that support when they're away. I do think that when he gets back to his family, you might be able to get him to open up more; but don't push for it. Let it come if that's what he wants. As you stated, it's up to them to want to resolve the problem. You just add the support they need to get it. I don't think going to therapy would get him thrown out of the army though. My husband is currently seeing people. Granted it's for things that happened when he was deployed; but it's still therapy. And my husband still gets smoked by higher ups, so whoever told him he could get kicked out for smoking someone was probably lying. They don't want guys going overboard, but it's still used as a form of discipline. Keep your chin up chica. It's hard to be with them, but it's totally worth it in the long run. cat_3nodding

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
makoto_roses
Rebellious Revelry
I think I need a little help...
In my opinion, you're doing all that you can right now. Listening is what they need most when they're so far away from their loved ones. My husband just wanted to hear my voice and to tell me what he could while he was deployed. What he really wanted though was a hug. Hugs hold a lot of power with these guys I'm noticing. They miss the ability to have that support when they're away. I do think that when he gets back to his family, you might be able to get him to open up more; but don't push for it. Let it come if that's what he wants. As you stated, it's up to them to want to resolve the problem. You just add the support they need to get it. I don't think going to therapy would get him thrown out of the army though. My husband is currently seeing people. Granted it's for things that happened when he was deployed; but it's still therapy. And my husband still gets smoked by higher ups, so whoever told him he could get kicked out for smoking someone was probably lying. They don't want guys going overboard, but it's still used as a form of discipline. Keep your chin up chica. It's hard to be with them, but it's totally worth it in the long run. cat_3nodding

Yeah, with a lot of people I've noticed hugs are kinda an empty gesture sometimes but when it's someone you haven't seen in person for a while that first hug is like heaven,

He's worried that if he goes to a psychologist about it his higher ups will question his mental stability.

As for smoking the guy, I'm not really sure what's going on. The guy didn't show up for flag detail so they made him climb a rope, and apparently he got a bit of rope burn and someone saw and got pissed at Nate and the other guys that were there.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
Reb: Going to therapy wont get him kicked out. That is just rumors that joes like to spread. confused
Unless he REALLY can't preform because of PTSD or something like that. In said case, then he is a danger to his fellow soldiers, and probably should consider that as well. neutral

As for the smoking, what rank is he? If he is only an E-4 then he should have been climbing rope with him. Smoking sessions have been SO filtered down the past few years.. it's basically baby stuff at this point. Kindda sad how you get in trouble now for hurting somebodies feelings, or somebody scrapes a damn knee.
It's the ******** military.

That's why my hubby wants to go SF. He hates how "complainy" and "soft" big arms is now.

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rachuul
Rebellious Revelry
What she said. cat_xd Lol It's totally true what she said. A lot of the pansy-ness really depends on what your MO is and what duty station you're at really. Each place has different rules I'm finding out.

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
makoto_roses
What she said. cat_xd Lol It's totally true what she said. A lot of the pansy-ness really depends on what your MO is and what duty station you're at really. Each place has different rules I'm finding out.

My husband used to get smoked so bad he would throw up. But did he complain ? Nope. rolleyes He got up, and did himself right. He straightened up.

Now when he gets his soldiers in trouble, they try to get him in trouble. It's embarrassing.. ( he of course, never gets in trouble.. but still..)
The privates we have today are SUCH WIMPS. gonk

8,100 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
Rachuul
Omygosh! They really are. My husband had some trouble when he first got here as a SPC and everyone else was a private of some sort. They were awful to him. Didn't listen to him at all. It was so frustrating. They think they can do what ever they want. Dumbasses...Lol cat_xd
I'm so confused. What does it mean to smoke someone? o.O

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
`Asphyxiate`

Extreme PT most of the time, when you act out or don't do something you should. The guy that got rope burn got smoked because he didn't show up for flag detail. Nate used to get smoked all the time because he'd talk back or give attitude.

Rachuul~
I'm honestly not sure anymore what rank he is. He's been pissed for a while about how they want him in a leadership position, and he has to act like it, but they won't let him make any decisions and he gets hell for it.
Rebellious Revelry
`Asphyxiate`

Extreme PT most of the time, when you act out or don't do something you should. The guy that got rope burn got smoked because he didn't show up for flag detail. Nate used to get smoked all the time because he'd talk back or give attitude.

I've never heard that before. Is that an Army term? Josh has never used it.

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
`Asphyxiate`
Rebellious Revelry
`Asphyxiate`

I'm gonna guess so, I've only heard it used by the Army, but I don't know too many people that are currently in other branches.
Rebellious Revelry
`Asphyxiate`
Rebellious Revelry
`Asphyxiate`

I'm gonna guess so, I've only heard it used by the Army, but I don't know too many people that are currently in other branches.

I only know Marine terms. xD

Wealthy Lunatic

4,450 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Bunny Spotter 50
makoto: Oh my husband HATES his privates. He is hardcore on them.. and they just can't take it and try to make up excuses all the time. But my husband is 100% work when he is at work. He doesn't like it when people d**k around. I mean, they are mechanics, you can't just d**k around and mess things up! But when they get in trouble all they do is complain scream

Reb: How do you not know his rank? Silly. Was he the one in charge of smoking him, or was somebody else? Usually is depends on how bad the mess up was... but idk, I hate when people complain about it.

Asphy: It's like, making them do pushups and s**t for getting in trouble. I have no clue what other terms are. Hah.

Hubby is finally in school.. the days are long but I'm proud of him. heart He doesn't have that long, only 3 weeks, and then he is flying up with my bestie for Thanksgiving. biggrin

Rainbow Vampire

11,675 Points
  • The Edgiest 250
  • Hellraiser 500
  • The Sweetest 250
Rachuul~
He's been talking about promoted but not promoted and I'm just really confused and with that stuff I just wait for him to tell me because somehow I always manage to ask at the wrong freaking times and he just gets so pissed and starts ranting about stuff I don't know and my mind can't keep up. >.< I hate not knowing and feel stupid but I've found that with anything military related it's best for me to wait for him to say it. He's hoping to go to promotion board sometime soon so I can finally figure out without asking.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff