Welcome to Gaia! ::

Beloved Fairy

brianamj2017
Long story short, me and my boyfriend went to different colleges. We said we would stay together because we've been together for 2 years now. Again long story short, since we've started college it's been hell. He's cheated on me, lied to me, I've been harassed, disrespected and bullied by his friends, a girl sent me a video of her being in the bed with him and that's not even half of what I've been going through with him. Recently I found out he has been messing around again (he claims it's not true but he's lied so much in the past) and having girls dance on him at parties. I keep giving him chances, I know, stupid, but I love him. It's summer now but we start school again in august. I want to tell him "look, either you stop partying and stop hanging around that girl or me and you are done" am I wrong? Him and the girl are "friends" but I still don't feel comfotable.Could it be that the distance is just too much?

I get that you may be in love with him hon, but I agree with what everyone has said so far. LDRs only work if you both are determined and dedicated to making it work, and given that he has done so much to you, lose everything about it. I know that it'll be hard, but you need to do this for you. emotion_hug

You deserve so much better! emotion_hug Spend time finding out who you are again, and just enjoy that. heart

I'm sorry that he keeps doing this to you over and over again. I agree with everyone, he clearly can not handle the distance.
Gonna start an LDR after August starts... He's going to college a state away while I'm still in high school. We're both gonna try our best but we've both never been in long distance relationships. I thought of cute things to do for him like care packages and whatnot, so I guess there's that to look forward to. He says he'll try to visit me at least once a month but that doesn't really seem ideal or possible. Our goal is when I go to college, he'll try to transfer to mine after my first year. Wish me luck!

Beloved Fairy

starsparkling
Good luck to you hon! How far apart will you two be? As long as you two are determined and committed, and willing to make it work, you two can do it! smile

This is a great resource. My boy and I love it! ^_^
RunningWithNemo
starsparkling
Good luck to you hon! How far apart will you two be? As long as you two are determined and committed, and willing to make it work, you two can do it! smile

Thank you so much! He's moving from California to Arizona. He made this decision before we were in a relationship though haha...
I think the only thing that worries me is my ex, who is still not over me, but I'm in good terms with him and we still talk. My boyfriend pretty much hates him, and is hurt when I talk to him. The thing, I have no friends besides my ex, and it'll be pretty lonely for me in the school year. .-. I have no plans with my ex of course, and I really want my bf and I to work.

And I've seen that website! smile I'll definitely be going back to it a lot during the school year. Thanks again biggrin

Chantilly Bunny's Partner

Shy Kitten

13,400 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Bunny Hunter 100
starsparkling
RunningWithNemo
starsparkling

Thank you so much! He's moving from California to Arizona. He made this decision before we were in a relationship though haha...
I think the only thing that worries me is my ex, who is still not over me, but I'm in good terms with him and we still talk. My boyfriend pretty much hates him, and is hurt when I talk to him. The thing, I have no friends besides my ex, and it'll be pretty lonely for me in the school year. .-. I have no plans with my ex of course, and I really want my bf and I to work.

And I've seen that website! smile I'll definitely be going back to it a lot during the school year. Thanks again biggrin

I've been on that website since about a year into my relationship. It's really great. I love having it as a resource. smile

I know it can be tough without good friends around, but try to do things you like and find communities that share those interests, if you can!

Widower

Skilled Phantom

So hello, my username is Stephy goes Rawrr but you can call me Stephy or Steph. I am twenty for a three more days, my fiancé and I live 2500 miles away for two more months. We have been together for a year and a half and things have been rocky and hard but we are pushing through. August 26, is my moving date, me and my dog are driving to South Dakota from Florida. I am both excited and scared about it. I don't know what all I wanted to say but I wanted to let someone know who understands how exciting this is for our relationship.

Beloved Fairy

starsparkling
RunningWithNemo
starsparkling

My brother and his girlfriend are in the same boat (she's in Cali and he's in school in Arizona. 3nodding Both are from Cali, but the best school for what he's doing is in Arizona.) That's not too bad though, distance wise. My boy and I are farther - I'm in California and he's in Virginia.

Have you tried telling your boyfriend that you have no plans with your Ex, and you are fully and wholeheartedly committed to him? I know how it feels, hon, to not have a lot of friends. I don't have many either. 3nodding I know you and your boy can do it.

It really is a great site! smile You're welcome! ^_^
Wee Little
xXLoveXyouXforveverXx
Hi, I see this thread all the time.
Well, this guy and myself, we were in a relationship with each other for a month. We were only physically together for two days out of the first three days of being together. He had to go back to his hometown for something serious and we would talk through text. His texting wasn't much and it was hard to tell if he still liked me because he was so far away and wasn't talking much. We discussed it and he tried harder, but he still felt distance. So, last week, we skyped and I told him that the distance that he was giving off and the actual distance apart was taking his toll on me. He basically told me that he was not emotionally ready to be with someone right now, but later on he knows he will be. I broke up with him. We haven't spoken since then, but I do miss him and still want to talk to him.
I'm just coming to y'all because I would like some really helpful advice from someone that doesn't know me, or him. I just want to know whether or not anyone else has gone through a similar situation with their significant other (obviously, didn't have the same result), how did you handle it, should I try again with him when he is more available, and should I have waited for him? I understand long distance is a bit of the waiting game, so should I have done that?
Distance isn't a problem for me, just the lack of communication. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and help me out.

I'd say don't wait up. Obviously people here are supporters and believe LDRs can work, but you know, if you can find people who are physically there in person, then go for it. Sounds like you didn't know him for very long. Perhaps it is best to just remain friends with him, but don't hold onto any potential false hope.

LDRs tend to be pretty serious from the get-go, that or they're pretty casual in the beginning. But either way, at some point LDRs tend to become more serious than most relationships. In some ways they require more commitment because even if you are in a LDR and you can handle the distance you need to make long-term goals or else it isn't going to work. Even when you're in high school, you may want to consider talking about plans post high school, and if you're going to college, where you will be going, approximately how long you will be studying. Would either of you be willing to move to be with the other, will visits have any hurdles such as money for plane tickets, etc. It's good to be upfront about this from the beginning. It doesn't have to be anything set in stone or concrete but it's nice to have this kind of stuff just out there.

So personally, I do not recommend going into a LDR unless you and the person know each other well and know you really want to be with that person. He definitely sounds like he wasn't yet ready for that kind of relationship and it may take some time before he is and even then he may not longer be interested in you by time he is. Or you him.

Thank you so much for your help.
Yeah, we kind of rushed into and didn't get to know each other that while, but we wanted it that way so the relationship could be more exciting.
I didn't know he had to go back until the night before he had to leave, so that was a quick change I didn't get a chance to prepare for. But, while he was gone, I missed him more and I thought of certain times I would have been able to go up and visit. He didn't agree with the idea because he won't have been able to pick me up.
I guess what I'm trying to say is that I wasn't prepared for a LDR because I didn't think it was going to be one. But, once it became one, I didn't realize the long term goals that need to be said.
Thanks again for the incite.
Kliapatra
xXLoveXyouXforveverXx
Hi, I see this thread all the time.
Well, this guy and myself, we were in a relationship with each other for a month. We were only physically together for two days out of the first three days of being together. He had to go back to his hometown for something serious and we would talk through text. His texting wasn't much and it was hard to tell if he still liked me because he was so far away and wasn't talking much. We discussed it and he tried harder, but he still felt distance. So, last week, we skyped and I told him that the distance that he was giving off and the actual distance apart was taking his toll on me. He basically told me that he was not emotionally ready to be with someone right now, but later on he knows he will be. I broke up with him. We haven't spoken since then, but I do miss him and still want to talk to him.
I'm just coming to y'all because I would like some really helpful advice from someone that doesn't know me, or him. I just want to know whether or not anyone else has gone through a similar situation with their significant other (obviously, didn't have the same result), how did you handle it, should I try again with him when he is more available, and should I have waited for him? I understand long distance is a bit of the waiting game, so should I have done that?
Distance isn't a problem for me, just the lack of communication. Does anyone else feel the same way?
Thanks so much for taking the time to read this and help me out.

Unfortunately, in order for an LDR to work, both parties have to be willing to put up with being apart. This also means putting in the effort to communicate frequently, be it through texts, emails, phone calls, skype, or whatever you use. If he isn't willing to put in that effort right now, you can't really carry on with the relationship!

It might be better for you to just move past him, for now. Eventually you may find yourselves in different places or mindsets and want to rekindle that flame, or maybe you'll both find something that fits your lives better. I know it's hard to move on, so maybe take some time to focus on yourself and doing things that you enjoy, that make you happy, and that make you a better person. Only talk to him if he's genuinely interested in talking, because I know sometimes after a break-up, one person wants to be friends but it kills the other person just to talk to them.

Thank you for your help!
Moving on is really hard. And for some reason, today is a super hard day. There is nothing special about to day to make it hard, but it just is. I wish we could be friends, but there is no way of connecting him right now. I think that is what is making it harder.
But, yeah, I have been doing things so I don't think about him as often and enjoy myself.
Thank you again!

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
My relationship hit a major snag and I'm not sure whether or not I'll still be in one by the the end

Beloved Fairy

DizzySnowFire
My relationship hit a major snag and I'm not sure whether or not I'll still be in one by the the end
Have you talked to your partner, to talk to them about how this is making you feel? How's your communication going? But if you feel like you don't want to be in it, it might be good to find a way to move on, and make a clean cut. Depends on if it's worth it or not.

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
RunningWithNemo
DizzySnowFire
Have you talked to your partner, to talk to them about how this is making you feel? How's your communication going? But if you feel like you don't want to be in it, it might be good to find a way to move on, and make a clean cut. Depends on if it's worth it or not.

He hasn't been on.
It's hasn't been great I guess I don't know.
I know it's not me not wanting to be in it. It's him. I caused the major snag
I hope it's worth it to him.

Beloved Fairy

DizzySnowFire
He hasn't been on.

How did you cause the major snag if he is the one who's not been on? *hugs* Do y'all have any other way of communicating other than online? Or is that your main mode of communication?

How long have you two been dating?

Lonely Gaian

13,575 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Befriended 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
RunningWithNemo
DizzySnowFire
He hasn't been on.

How did you cause the major snag if he is the one who's not been on? *hugs* Do y'all have any other way of communicating other than online? Or is that your main mode of communication?

He hasn't been on yet
I want to see if he'd been interested in a poly
Nope...
What do you mean?
10 months as of yesterday

Beloved Fairy

DizzySnowFire
RunningWithNemo
DizzySnowFire
He hasn't been on.

He hasn't been on yet
I want to see if he'd been interested in a poly
Nope...
What do you mean?
10 months as of yesterday

Well maybe he just needed a few days or whatnot to figure and think over things.

Like you don't text each other, or call each other, or email each other, or Skype... or write each other letters and actually mail them to one another (snail mail). Like other ways of communicating. My SO and I live on opposite sides of the country, and we have many ways of getting in touch with the other one. 3nodding That's what I mean.

I meant how do you two normally communicate and stay in touch with one another?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff