Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ruthless Nerd

JM-Big
Gosh, you know what - you're absolutely correct. I completely regret ever dating my now-fiance. Our 4 and a half year relationship has been a complete waste. I'll see about kicking him out immediately! Thank you for showing me the light!

Time to go meet a real man the way adults do so - drunkenly at a bar!
Hah, that guys a laugh, most of the guys in my town are douche bags and looking for a lay.
Matts different, I would never have met someone like him in rl.
Especially since I don't really party and I don't really get out much socially.

Fashionable Genius

Guess i should divorce my husband too, cuz LDRs dont work... Lol.

This one has so far, dude. xd Infact, he is visiting tomorrow.

Diamond Regular

Oh, guys, I think we should just disban. I mean, obviously, multiple marriages, engagements and even children with our LDR partners in this group alone, they can't work!

Wow. To think I've wasted YEARS on Chris. I'll just have to wait until he can get to internet again and inform him, I mean, because LDR's can't work, and aren't working every day!

What a joke. The IDEA that not even one could work.
I guess I've wasted the last 4 months, cause I know soon we'll be in an LDR and it just won't work...

Some people are so stupid :/

Feral Kitten

I'm sorry but that's bullshit. Plus something I didn't want to see right now.

Fairy

was in one
went ok
then got bad
now im heart broken
OMG Guys =(((((((((((!!!!!
This means I just wasted 2 months with this new love of mine!!! T_____T!!!!!
I should so tottaly go and tell him that our relationship is invalid and will work because of the distance!! DDDDD:

Dapper Gawker

JM-Big
I was in a long distance relationship. First off let me tell you. It's a waste of your time, money, and life. You will regret dating a guy or girl you meet on gaia sooner or later. I dated my best friend I met on Gaia for about 3-4 months. Maybe half a year. It was on and off a lot. She was my best friend. I told her I liked her, (on yahoo). First off saddest way to tell a girl you like them. Always do it in person. See the thing is LDR over the internet, if you don't physically know the person, or spend any quality time with them won't workout. turns out I was so curious if she was real. Went to go visit her, when we visited it, MOST AWKWARD MOMENT (wish I had twix bar). So yeah. Get socializing peeps. Meet girls or guys at college, school etc. After that I went into a great depression for the summer, then she came back to find me, after I dumped her. she never let me contact her, call her, text her. then when we visited she didn't even let me spend time with her. so on the laptop or skype. it might feel so great, but if your not physically hugging, kissing, or holding there hand weekly. great chance it won't workout. Your better off dating locally. Trust me. Unless you want to live a living hell.

You LDRs guys with your comebacks are annoying, but whatever. And 2 months means nothing.

Anyway, you can't make generalizations off of one experience. Sorry yours wasn't so great. Many proximal relationships fail too, you know? It's just that LDRs get the "better" excuse since it's supposedly out there to date someone you don't live close to. I'm not sure what you define as success, but I've been with my boyfriend for almost four years. Out of these four, we've only been physically together for two weeks. Yea, it stinks that we can't be physically intimate, but that's not the reason why we got together. We both know that we're pretty low key when it comes to intimacy. We can deal going without it for years without feeling physically deprived. Also, we can deal with not physically doing things together. We're pretty introverted anyway--and if we don't have each other, well at least we have friends and family to hang out with, you know?

Now think about this: your ex was the "evil" one because you met her over the internet. But don't forget in her eyes, you were the one over the internet, too. Now, would you consider yourself a bad guy because she met you over the internet?

Greedy Cat

Lol you guys. Stop being silly, this is obviously a crisis! I'm calling a meeting now on how we should break it to our SOs. Imagine the wave of panic and despair that would sweep the globe if we just went and bluntly told them the truth! We can't have that now, can we? All those military couples too that have been together for 30, 40, 50 some years, how are we going to break the news to them that their life has been practically a lie? It would be down right disastrous if they decide to rebel now. And those kids born from former long distance relationships, what are we going to tell them when they grow up? They simply can't be told the truth that their existence was bore not out of love but deceit! No, it simply can not be! I hereby declare this an international emergency, and I call out to all of you who are, were, or will be in long distance relationships to stand up and take action! We must put an end to this catastrophe now!!

Diamond Regular

@Quacko:

I really stopped caring about peoples opinions. Really, if you're going to come in and say that they're a waste of time, I don't care how long you were in one or how awful it was, I'm not going to give any advice or anything. Their blatant rude and disrespectful behavior in a SUPPORT thread is annoying. So we're just spitting back the same "childish" mannerisms.

Aged Vampire

7,300 Points
  • Survivor 150
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
JM-Big
I was in a long distance relationship. First off let me tell you. It's a waste of your time, money, and life. You will regret dating a guy or girl you meet on gaia sooner or later. I dated my best friend I met on Gaia for about 3-4 months. Maybe half a year. It was on and off a lot. She was my best friend. I told her I liked her, (on yahoo). First off saddest way to tell a girl you like them. Always do it in person. See the thing is LDR over the internet, if you don't physically know the person, or spend any quality time with them won't workout. turns out I was so curious if she was real. Went to go visit her, when we visited it, MOST AWKWARD MOMENT (wish I had twix bar). So yeah. Get socializing peeps. Meet girls or guys at college, school etc. After that I went into a great depression for the summer, then she came back to find me, after I dumped her. she never let me contact her, call her, text her. then when we visited she didn't even let me spend time with her. so on the laptop or skype. it might feel so great, but if your not physically hugging, kissing, or holding there hand weekly. great chance it won't workout. Your better off dating locally. Trust me. Unless you want to live a living hell.

Wow. Seriously?
Socialize. Uh, right. Right now I am house sitting for my sister. I do not drive and she lives 7 miles from the nearest (small) town and a good 30 minutes by car to the nearest major city. Socialize at college? Mine is in Virginia. I'm not anywhere near it. So, can't do that either.

I dated locally. Guess what? That didn't work out either.

And I met my SO in person. I flew to meet her. Her mom and aunts love me. I am planning to move to be with her when my time here is done. But, I then took a job in another state. Will only have 1 week a month off. So, back to LDR for a few months.

We all have our bad moments. Our bad dates. But to tell people that an LDR is not worth it, is a bit harsh. Consider the men and women in our military. Those overseas right now. Their husband, wife, boyfriend, girlfriend, etc are back home (here) They stick by them while they are long distance. Why wouldn't we stick with who we love, just because they are far away?

Greedy Cat

Sergeant Baby Bear
@Quacko:

I really stopped caring about peoples opinions. Really, if you're going to come in and say that they're a waste of time, I don't care how long you were in one or how awful it was, I'm not going to give any advice or anything. Their blatant rude and disrespectful behavior in a SUPPORT thread is annoying. So we're just spitting back the same "childish" mannerisms.

And god knows spitting is fun. whee

Diamond Regular

Sophisticated Simplicity
Sergeant Baby Bear
@Quacko:

And god knows spitting is fun. whee

That it is, Zowie. That it is.
cool
Sergeant Baby Bear
Oh, guys, I think we should just disban. I mean, obviously, multiple marriages, engagements and even children with our LDR partners in this group alone, they can't work!

Wow. To think I've wasted YEARS on Chris. I'll just have to wait until he can get to internet again and inform him, I mean, because LDR's can't work, and aren't working every day!

What a joke. The IDEA that not even one could work.

Ooh totally! Jefferson (Kiba Chidarake) purposed to me in person and he lives 2,000+ miles away from me, he totally paid for 2 trips for me to come meet his friends who are like family and also his family..

I am SO very sure he doesn't love me and DOESN'T want to make it work.

I agree! I guess from 2003 till NOW is a HUGE joke.

Oh how to think I was 13 and now 21 and he was 15 almost 23.. tsk

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces