Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hot Duck

Kostasi
No way, bro. The world is already hell and it's only going to get worse as time goes on. I don't want to be here to see the downfall of everything. So live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.

Millions long for immortality that do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy afternoon.

Does living fast involve spending hours on gaia?

Beloved Dabbler

I would enjoy living a long time- but I would only make the deal if a significant other could also have the deal. All that time watching people slowly decay and fall apart around me- I'd need one person to keep me tied to the reality of it all.
I'm extremely curious to see how the world will change in the next 100, 500, 1k years and beyond.

It's not going to be like anything it is now. I mean, just look at how much the world has changed in the past 100, 500, and 1k years. Empires rise and fall. Countries are found and wiped off the map. It's incredibly interesting. 1,000 years ago America wasn't even around. Now it's a powerhouse going through it's own struggles and triumphs. I wonder what the next powerhouse will be in 1,000 years?

I don't ever see the world becoming perfect or hell, because it's always changing, and I strongly believe it always will be. "It's the worse time ever to be alive now! It's only going to get worse!" Whatever. Try living in the 500's as a peasant. They would probably disagree. There are positives and negatives to each time period, in different locations, and I'd love to be around to see how the world changes. It'd be awesome to see China evolve from this dictatorship into a democracy, or if South Africa could rise into a super power and a place for scientific and sociological strides, if Great Britain could crumble and fall into obscurity and the EU fall apart only to reassemble hundreds of years later.

And then there's the advancement of space travel. In 1,000 years, will we even still be on earth?

I'm just super curious like that.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Captain Jailbait
stefan1921
Captain Jailbait
Why would you hate yourself for that? I want to live forever, and if there is any possible way to, then I will. I want to exist.

Cus at first I would have to see my loved ones pass away and adjust to living a secluded life. But, yea, I my entire family lived forever, thatd be great!
I would definitely prefer immortality if I could have a person or a few people of my choosing live forever as well, but even if I couldn't, I would still go for it.

As would I.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Astra_Senpai
I would enjoy living a long time- but I would only make the deal if a significant other could also have the deal. All that time watching people slowly decay and fall apart around me- I'd need one person to keep me tied to the reality of it all.

Yeah man I get you
Beerios
Kostasi
No way, bro. The world is already hell and it's only going to get worse as time goes on. I don't want to be here to see the downfall of everything. So live fast, die young, leave a pretty corpse.

Millions long for immortality that do not know what to do with themselves on a rainy afternoon.

Man, I am in Afghanistan. Could you be so kind as to suggest what else I'm supposed to do out here? When I go home, I won't even so much as look at a computer anymore.

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I would'nt want to. Watching my loved ones die and going on without them isnt really for me.

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Amy Arsonist
I'm extremely curious to see how the world will change in the next 100, 500, 1k years and beyond.

It's not going to be like anything it is now. I mean, just look at how much the world has changed in the past 100, 500, and 1k years. Empires rise and fall. Countries are found and wiped off the map. It's incredibly interesting. 1,000 years ago America wasn't even around. Now it's a powerhouse going through it's own struggles and triumphs. I wonder what the next powerhouse will be in 1,000 years?

I don't ever see the world becoming perfect or hell, because it's always changing, and I strongly believe it always will be. "It's the worse time ever to be alive now! It's only going to get worse!" Whatever. Try living in the 500's as a peasant. They would probably disagree. There are positives and negatives to each time period, in different locations, and I'd love to be around to see how the world changes. It'd be awesome to see China evolve from this dictatorship into a democracy, or if South Africa could rise into a super power and a place for scientific and sociological strides, if Great Britain could crumble and fall into obscurity and the EU fall apart only to reassemble hundreds of years later.

And then there's the advancement of space travel. In 1,000 years, will we even still be on earth?

Wow! Insightful Post, I had to tip it. I agree, so much I want to see that only they future might provide. I wonder if perhaps the world will experience another renosaince and, after that, what could happen? Maybe countries will claim and fight for control of mars, the moon, and other planets. So much could happen!

Hot Duck

Kostasi
Beerios
Kostasi

Man, I am in Afghanistan. Could you be so kind as to suggest what else I'm supposed to do out here? When I go home, I won't even so much as look at a computer anymore.

Well I dunno what people do in Afghanistan when they're not on the computer. I meant it more as an abstract question for us all

4,500 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
Kostasi
Beerios
Kostasi

Hey man just want to say thanks for your service! Hope you get home alright!

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
I would only live just long enough to watch the world go to hell and laugh at everyone. Then die so I wouldn't have to life throughout the aftermath of the apocalypse.
Beerios
Kostasi
Beerios
Kostasi

Well I dunno what people do in Afghanistan when they're not on the computer. I meant it more as an abstract question for us all

Sleep work, gym, computer, repeat. That is my unfortunate schedule.
stefan1921
Kostasi
Beerios
Kostasi

Hey man just want to say thanks for your service! Hope you get home alright!

No, I thank you, my friend. Your wishes are very well received. I've got until July.
No, I would not want to live forever.
stefan1921
Amy Arsonist

Wow! Insightful Post, I had to tip it. I agree, so much I want to see that only they future might provide. I wonder if perhaps the world will experience another renosaince and, after that, what could happen? Maybe countries will claim and fight for control of mars, the moon, and other planets. So much could happen!

Why thank you (: I think the world will. Probably another dark age too, and other events that haven't happened before due to technology, travel, and how connected the world is now.

I can see it! Like the moons of Jupiter and Saturn too.

This is a huge reason why I like plots like Mass Effect. In the video game, people discover alien technology that allow us to travel across the galaxy and discover a galactic alien community. It's just really cool and fun to think about (:

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff