Total Votes:[ 69 ]
This poll closed on July 9, 2013.
No longer accepting new votes.

Eloquent Senshi

27,050 Points
  • Magical Girl 50
  • Excitable Emoter 25
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
Doctor visit - Ok so I did a ton of research and narrowed down one pediatrician out of like 100 something to take my daughter to. We called two or three months ago to make sure they'd take new patients and medicaid. We get there today because we were told we had to fill out paperwork before we could even make an appointment (Normally you fill it out at the first appointment or they send it to you in the mail ahead of time). Anyway, I get there and fill out the paperwork. The lady asks for her insurance card and when I go to hand it to her, she snatches her hand away like I've got some sort of disease and informs me they do NOT take medicaid for new patients. So I told her they told me they did, and Lovie was trying to be nice but at this point I was livid that we drove all the way there and filled out the crap only to be turned down. I pitched a fit when he told me we had to fill out the paperwork first two days ago anyway so this just added to it. So anyway, I was extremely rude to her since by her tone and the way she acted, I was Typhoid Mary, and I packed up my daughter and left. Lovie stayed behind to get a list of doctors in the area that DO take medicaid and I threw it out.

I'm not going to do research, find the perfect doctor who fits what I want for my daughter, be told that they will accept her, drive ALL THE WAY THERE and then basically be told they're too good for my insurance so I have to go to one of these s**t doctors that didn't meet ANY of my requirements.

So all in all they told me I can't have the best for my daughter. I have to go to some doctor whose name I can't even flipping pronounce who works out of some rundown piece of s**t office in the bad part of town.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I'm so sorry that that happened to you Kego. It's really shitty how people are treated just because they're on medicaid. When I went to the ER, the doctor on call told me she couldn't give me any pain medicine other than tylonel.

I told her I had that in the car, I just wanted to know what was wrong with me. She acted like I was dirt, and it was horrible.

And that would have made me livid, tell me that they accept medicaid and then they don't? What the hell?

Bitches, all of them. Including the US health care system.

Nay, especially the US health care system.

Beloved Lunatic

11,325 Points
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Brandisher 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
I post something pro-vaccination on my facebook page and now my sil wants to debate it.

I don't want to debate it. I believe the article I posted did a fine enough job.

Lucky Star

I let Cyrus pick out stuffed animals to sleep with and his own pajamas.

User Image

Someone loves giraffes lol.
When we went to the zoo he was all excited to see them, we need to go to the zoo as soon as it opens one day and get the tickets to feed the giraffes, he'd love it

Edit: wtf wrong picture lol

Any one else's kids have a favorite animal? Cyrus also loves puppies, his puppy pillow and pillow pet night light are always in his bed and his bear is literally his best friend who goes everywhere with him lol

..my favorite is lions, that's why he has a lot of jungle/Savannah themed stuff lol

Hardcore Muse

Digi:
Everyone and their mother wants to debate vaccinations these days thanks to what's her face that dated Jim Carey and came out with that book blaming vaccinating for her son's autism.
I find it funny that studies have actually shown an increase in autism in children due to organic foods more so than the vaccines.
lol

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Mississippi Black Velvet
Digi:
I find it funny that studies have actually shown an increase in autism in children due to organic foods more so than the vaccines.
lol

This is not true. There is a joke about correlation does not equal causation, and organic foods are used as the example. People are buying more organic food in recent years. Diagnosed cases of autism are going up in recent years. The point is that they are two separate things; they are not related to each other.

Hardcore Muse

AraTeran

Ah, my bad didn't realize it was a joke. Still it's just as bad as saying the vaccines are to blame for the rise as well.

Magnetic Sex Symbol

Kegokec

Is it possible they were accepting patients 3 months ago when you called?

I'm not that familiar with how Medicaid works...my husband has Medicare but apparently it is a completely different program.
Speaking of autism: U of A genetics program is looking into it a lot like they did with dyslexia. The idea is just like dyslexia something is wired wrong during gestation.

I also realized a very sad fact today. In the 3/4 months Grayson and Crystal have been alive my boyfriend has held them once. Sapphire he has no problem holding, but he refuses to hold the twins. He will watch them but that is about it. I am starting to wonder if keeping them was the wrong thing to do but now I can't imagne my life without them. I can understand why it is hard for him but at the same time they shouldn't suffer because their "mother" did a shitty thing.

Lucky Star

Fuzzy: that's so sad... has he seen a therapist or something about what happened? It's a traumatic thing to go through..
I hope he gets better with them

Feral Loiterer

11,925 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Friendly 100
Autism is on the rise due awareness and over diagnoses in part to No Child Left Behind,IMO. Some children it's very obvious that they have autism or aspergers, but others they classify as spectrum disorder, which is code for we have no idea why your kid is this way so we're place him/ her on the spectrum. stare And so often these children are misdiagnosed like whatever the chick's child was misdiagnosed. Food also plays a huge role in child behavior take a "autistic" child off gluten and magically they no longer display autistic behaviors. (it's amazing how food effects our bodies) Ok my mini rant is over.
Faerie Dreams
Fuzzy: that's so sad... has he seen a therapist or something about what happened? It's a traumatic thing to go through..

He was supposed to see one about the trauma but never went. I'm thinking of just setting the appointment up and making him go. I keep telling him it is good for him but he pulls the "So is ninja class." yes it may help with his frustration and that but he HAS to get help for what is holding him back form bonding with the twins.
What Her Name's chick is jenny mccarthy. Horrible horrible actress.

Hardcore Muse

Fuzzypeachlover
What Her Name's chick is jenny mccarthy. Horrible horrible actress.

I seriously confuse her all the time with Jenna Jamenson (sp) LOL.

Lucky Star

Fuzzypeachlover
Faerie Dreams

He was supposed to see one about the trauma but never went. I'm thinking of just setting the appointment up and making him go. I keep telling him it is good for him but he pulls the "So is ninja class." yes it may help with his frustration and that but he HAS to get help for what is holding him back form bonding with the twins.

Yeah you really should make him go, that's not something you can just "get over"
Ninja class probably does help, but add therapy to that and it will help even more. The ninja class alone is just a temporary fix

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff