Welcome to Gaia! ::

Swashbuckling Conversationalist

10,400 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Treasure Hunter 100
Demireius
Apparently if I was born male my name would have been Randall. -shudders- Oh how I despise that name...

I'm stuck with Taryn instead, which everyone seems to want to spell "Tyran" or "Tayrn" or even "Taran", including relatives. Some still haven't been able to spell it and i'm 21.
Granted, it's better than some names. I used to hate it because when you take the meanings of my first and middle name together it's the title of an old love song, or what I assume is a love song from what i've heard of it. (Here's a hint, Taryn means 'Earth'. Guess what my middle name is or means for internets points!)
EARTHBOUND!

What? It's a good game emotion_awesome
I was almost named Evelyn (cough gag puke) .

3,350 Points
  • Generous 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Cart Raider 100
The worst names are the ones that make me look down at a baby and know that it's future involves cigarette burns, uncomfortable conversations at a free clinic with their pants down, and a pole in a dark room filled with bad dance music.

Timid Gaian

I love my name, even if my first name is often mispronounced. It's spelled Kali, but pronounced Cali. I've gotten Kaylee, Kylee, and Keelie before. >>

My boyfriend and I have decided on names for our kids. Alyson Rayne (like Rain) for a girl and Aiden Joshuah for a boy. He picked the spelling for Rayne and Joshuah is his name.

I work at a daycare and we don't have many odd-named children. I knew a Kytelica, a Ryonquella, My mom is a para and there's a Princess in her class.
Marlon.

When you say it in Spanish, it sounds decent.

When you say it in English, it sounds stupid.

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
My last name is wier. It used to be __________ wierd. Or wierdo. Not even spelled right >.> but pronounced Weer. And now that everyone is older it's ______ queer. emo

8,200 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Flatterer 200
I like simple names and names you can make cute nicknames of....
But I'm stuck with plain Amina. . __.;; (uh-mee-nuh)

My friend told me she had a friend named La-a.
It was actually spelled that way, and pronounced Ladasha.

I love boy-ish names on girls like Riley or Charlie.
Not like Jorgen,

Lavish Ladykiller

7,400 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conversationalist 100
Aline_O_Fintan
I just can't with Aiden, Hayden, Jaden, Caden, Brayden, and the variations thereof. No.

I've met people with all of those names. xD

Man-Hungry Ladykiller

My name is one letter off from my username, and is pronounced like "Taryn". Unsurprisingly, no one remembers how to spell it, and strangers aren't sure how to pronounce it. I considered changing it when I turned 18, but ended up deciding it just wasn't worth the hassle.

My siblings also have poorly-chosen names (or terrible spellings of conventional names), so at least my parents were consistent. xp

6,500 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Friendly 100
there was this one coupkle that named their two kids dillin cane and rollin swishas

Dangerous Rogue

GS Sailor Midnight
Demireius
Apparently if I was born male my name would have been Randall. -shudders- Oh how I despise that name...

I'm stuck with Taryn instead, which everyone seems to want to spell "Tyran" or "Tayrn" or even "Taran", including relatives. Some still haven't been able to spell it and i'm 21.
Granted, it's better than some names. I used to hate it because when you take the meanings of my first and middle name together it's the title of an old love song, or what I assume is a love song from what i've heard of it. (Here's a hint, Taryn means 'Earth'. Guess what my middle name is or means for internets points!)
EARTHBOUND!

What? It's a good game emotion_awesome

Nope! (to the guess, not to the part about the game being good. I haven't played it myself but i've heard good things.)

Barton Champion

7,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Champion 300
  • Pet Lover 100
A friend of mine had a girl in her class named Sa-a (pronounced Sadasha).
Yes, they actually pronounced the dash instead of writing the word 'dash'.
It's ridiculous, I agree. gonk

Beloved Fatcat

7,300 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Arch3ngel

My name is Mercedes... -_-

On the serious,
There was a girl from my town named "Sugar Princess Angel."
That was her name, really.
Saw her again on some crappy MTV reality show.

I also knew two girls, one was named Lollypop and the Other was Jellybean.
Lollypop just went by Lolli and ended up as a model.
Dunno about Jellybean, just know she went by Jenel.

Also, two twin brothers named RedJello and OrangeJello.
Their parents really liked jello. .__.

THUS, WEIRD NAMES MAKE YOU FAMOUS.
I kid, I kid.
Just being silly.

But really, I've met a lot of people with very strange names.
It seems as they get older they either make it work for them,
Or change it.

So many strange names....
It must of been that town.

Fashionable Genius

Well, whatever the ******** Beyonce named her kid was ******** stupid name like "Blue" something. Celebrities seem to have a habit of naming their children atrocious names.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff