Welcome to Gaia! ::

I'm transgender, but I feel really ashamed of it. I don't flaunt it or anything--I just want to be viewed as the gender I identify, no questions, no complaints. Right now I pass amazingly, but I still feel ashamed of being transgender.

discuss:
1. Shame
2. Should one be ashamed of who they are?
3. Your thoughts on transgender individuals.

Liberal Receiver

Quote:
1. Shame

Sucks.
Quote:

If it's something they did not do, or choose, then no. You didn't chose to be given the wrong hardware.
Quote:

Well, if there's a god, he certainly ******** up on assigning you the right body.
That or he took a cue from America and had the job outsourced to people who don't even speak the same language.

Sparkly Vampire

7,400 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Brandisher 100
In my case... it isn't so much shame... so much as a large complicated set of issues that come with whatever the ******** it is I am... and how people tend to act like idiots around me about it.

That and I kind of suspect I wasn't born male... my mother is just weird crazy and ******** up--and her mental ******** uperry had that happen. As between bloody chucks festering out of the space between my legs... my member generally looking very fake (or so I've been told... more often than most people, really... not something people say). The fact that I don't act like a dude--and have no idea how to act like a dude man bro person.

Seriously... I like... exhausted that quest.

Also... the secret handshake to get accepted as a guy does not involve a p***s... even though that just seems so obvious. I mean, that is what being a dude bro man is about--having a d**k... so to be accepted as a dude in conversation and part of the herd, the p***s must be employed. This apparently is not actually the case.

And as much as people into man bashing claim these are behaviours all men do... man bashing is not a manual on how to pass as a man. I know... I tried... when I was starting to feel weird about how feminine I was. Being informed I am a guy, I figured I must try more man things and be all male and s**t... and well, figured I'd try to do everything man bashers say men do.

Yeah... Man Bashing... more like Liars Lying! I was tricked! That isn't how to act like a man... that isn't how to act like a men at all!

I also get to be the one transgender that when people talk about how "transgenders never grew up living as a girl"... they look at me and go, "except for you... you are weird in that area."

In my case... I'm more pissed off at the notion of being surrounded by dipshits.

Oh... and the fact having a pecker makes me INTO THE SUPER-RAPE-DRIOD-5000 FAR MORE RAPE THAN THE SUPER-RAPE-DRIOD-4999! BY A FACTOR! ... or so I have been informed. Even though keeping my clothing on is actually a ridiculously easy thing to do it is silly. I'm not certain what genitals have to do with clothing falling off...

I've also learned not to ASK what genitals have to do with clothing falling off... as then I get blamed for them thinking stuff that gets them turned on.

Then I have people telling me I chose to be a girl... dude, not much of a choice when I couldn't be a dude man bro if the fate of the universe depended on it. I'd be like... "best start looking for another universe"...

I ******** HATE PEOPLE SOOOOOOO MUCH! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!
I am also trans. I hate it.

1. I wouldn't say I feel shame. I just really wish I wasn't trans.
2. Yes. There are definitely instances where someone should feel shame.
3. Most seem completely out of touch with reality, super liberal, special snowflakes, proof that participation awards are damaging youth.

Muscular Kitten

I'm FtM.
Right now, I'm not stressing at all about how others view me.
I'm starting to love the body I have.
I know that one day, I'll have the body I want.
It'll just take patience and time.
3nodding

Timid Combatant

13,690 Points
  • Squash Smasher 50
  • Candy Massacre 50
  • Task Accomplished 100
1. Shame
-- It's a tool often misapplied.

-- That's how shame is misapplied. Shame is for correcting one's behavioral algorithms. In other words, if I punch someone for no reason, I should feel bad and stop punching people for no reason. Being a certain sort of person has no ethical value, good or bad. You simply are that sort of person. It's silly to feel bad about that.

-- I have pretty much the same thoughts on them as I do on anyone else.

Explorer

idk, they say don't be ashamed of yourself but sometimes this is a little tricky cause people saying they aren't in the right body. that is technically being ashamed of yourself on another level tbh. that's all i got to say.

Questionable Bunny

9,550 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Member 100
  • Cart Raider 100
i'm trans and i just happen to be ashamed of pretty much everything having to do with myself.

i'm definitely over apologetic but i might just do it to avoid confrontation

Friendly Guildsman

I am trans and I am not ashamed. I have nothing to be ashamed about. No, my body will not be perfectly biologically male, but it's pretty damn close. But even if it wasn't, why be ashamed of who you ARE? You are who you are. Besides, life is to damn short to spend your energy being ashamed about something you had no control over (ie. being born with the wrong body parts). Enjoy your life to the fullest! You never know how short your stay will be.

Hilarious Genius

5,175 Points
  • Alchemy Level 3 100
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
I don't believe anyone should feel ashamed of how they are.
Society pins certain standards to people and we believe we should always follow them,
But I don't believe in that.
If you're happier there's no reason to hide it. If people can't get over it, that's there issue.

Love yourself <3

Enduring Phantom

Perhaps your shame is due to your deceitfulness towards those around you.

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"I've had friends in the past who were transgender, I am just proud at them for trying to be who they want to be / feel they are. Sometimes they think the only thing that could be shameful is trying to deny the way they feel. But it's not really that black and white, it can be really hard to understand so even that isn't shameful to me. I think everyone has the right to try their best to be happy, and as long as they do then they should be proud."
User Image

Anxious Prophet

Everyone gets shamed over s**t. Being cis hetero isn't like playing life on easy mode.

Be who you are and remember that there's lots of shitheads on earth and they will reproduce.
xReflections
I'm transgender, but I feel really ashamed of it. I don't flaunt it or anything--I just want to be viewed as the gender I identify, no questions, no complaints. Right now I pass amazingly, but I still feel ashamed of being transgender.

discuss:
1. Shame

Honestly, you have nothing to be shamed of heart You didn't chose to feel the way you feel, and there are so many others in your position. I think that transgender individuals get a bad rap because it is really hard for others to relate, and uneducated people have a hard time showing compassion for those they don't understand, period.

You have so much courage for following your heart, and you should never stop! It's hard to not care what others think, but you really shouldn't care what ignorant people have to say in the first place.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff