Welcome to Gaia! ::

Tipsy Genius

5,000 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Dressed Up 200
i started age 13 it annoys me that it always comes back XD
I started shaving my legs when I was about 14, even though my mom didn't want me to. The truth is, she has NEVER shaved her legs in her life! *Giggles.*
My leg hair's dark, so I started shaving by the end of grade 7. If you feel self conscious about your own then there's nothing wrong with shaving it. Just remember that depending on how fast it grows, you'll have to do it every few days or so. I like my legs feeling constantly smooth, so I do it every other day.
Well, if you have light hair, you can probably get away with not shaving longer than someone with dark hair.

I have Chestnut hair so I shave at least twice a week. I hate having hairy legs, I find it gross.

TO Soffish
There's nothing wrong with a guy shaving his legs. A lot of guys I know do it. But to be honest you have to have the right skin color for it to look good. If a guy's REALLY pale I don't think shaved legs look good, but if there's a bit of color it's okay.

Personally, I like guys with shaved legs, they don't have to keep them smooth constantly, but I HATE the jungle look.
My legs are shaved ^^;
I only shave if my legs are going to be showing, and since I live in a cold climate... I really only have to shave in the summer ^_^ which is like ... 4 months of the year.

I started using Nair last summer and I like it, but you have to be careful or it will burn your skin, follow the directions exactly. It's nice because it removes the hair like waxing your legs, but it's painless ^_^
i started when i was 13 meh not a big deal......i dont shave often because my hair grows sooo slow Im lucky ^_^

Dainty Doll

Only shave your legs if and when you feel like you need to.

I started shaving my legs at 12, but that's because I have medium-brown leg hair, and I hit puberty kind of early.

My mum, however, doesn't need to shave her legs at all. She has very blonde, very fine hair, and you can't see or feel any leg hair. She used to shave her legs just because everyone else did when she was younger, but stopped because it didn't make any difference, so it seemed pointless.

If you're like that, you might never have to shave your legs either... which is awesome!
Trust me, shaving/waxing is not a chore you want!
I only shave my legs if I'm planning on wearing a skirt short enough to show them, or a swimsuit. 99% of the time I'm wearing long pants and therefore have no need to do it. Makes no difference hygiene-wise like underarms (I shave those because it helps with perspiration), and I can't notice the difference in feeling that other people apparently do, so whatever. The only sport I do regularly is motocross, and nobody sees what you look like under all the protective gear anyway.

I did shave when I was in high school and had to wear shorts for gym class, mostly because I really didn't need to give people MORE reasons to harass me, but looking back, I really wish I had just told them all to ******** off and die in a fire instead. Letting other people's opinions make your choices for you is really lame. Do whatever YOU want.

Oh, and I think that guys that shave their legs are sexy as hell. lol But I wouldn't ask a guy to do it if he didn't want to - mostly because I wouldn't do it just because someone else wanted me to, either. And yes, there ARE guys out there who don't give a s**t if their girlfriend shaves or not - I've met plenty of them and dated more than a few.
Don't start shaving, it's really a sort of stupid idea. If you ever decide to shave wait until you are 15-16, or at least have finished puberty. (About 3-4 years after menarche.) I'd be scared like hell if my boyfriend shaved his legs, I think his hair is sexy. I don't shave, and it's safer. I'd rather not get a bunch of cuts all over my legs. Those cuts could get infected...
Alatariel Silimaure
I only shave if my legs are going to be showing, and since I live in a cold climate... I really only have to shave in the summer ^_^ which is like ... 4 months of the year.

I started using Nair last summer and I like it, but you have to be careful or it will burn your skin, follow the directions exactly. It's nice because it removes the hair like waxing your legs, but it's painless ^_^

eh, i think im like immune to Nair.. it never works.
sallieann
Alatariel Silimaure

eh, i think im like immune to Nair.. it never works.
Same here, I've tried using it several times & it never removes all the hair......More twards the topic now, I shave every other day cause my skin is way too sensitive....Hell, if I could stand being hairy for longer I wouldn't shave until my skin calmed down. I need to find something that works better for sensitive skin. Btw: I shave everything except my arms & eyebrows. I do pluck my eyebrows though.
I don't shave my legs...I don't feel self-conscious about it at all, and I have dark hair sweatdrop
Middle school? Yeah, that's when I started...of course, I'm brunette, so it mattered a bit more. XP

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff