Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3
  Delete

Do you think it's acceptable for a guy to hit a woman?

Yes. 0.12068965517241 12.1% [ 14 ]
No. 0.46551724137931 46.6% [ 54 ]
Depends, what'd she do? 0.41379310344828 41.4% [ 48 ]
Total Votes:[ 116 ]
< 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 >

Well personally i believe it's wrong for a man to hit woman. It is also wrong for a woman to hit a man. seriously i hate that double standard. this is coming from a woman. using physical violence is just wrong in my own opinion.
It all depends. There are some girls that deserve it though. Just as there are some guys that deserve it also.

I'm personally against violence, but there are some times that you have no choice. At some situations, people understand only through brute force.

unfortunatevent's Husband

Lonely Newb

32,575 Points
  • Striking Knight 150
  • Planetary Technician 150
  • Invisibility 100
its absolutely wrong for a guy to hit a girl,but nonetheless,if she truly deserved it,which is never happend in my case so far,i'll consider with a big slap.
No, I dont think it is acceptable.

I think instead of hitting a woman being physical with him, he should instead grab a hold of her or push her away. Contain her I guess is what I mean.
Obviously if she is bigger, or in someway threatening this guys life, then obviously whatever he needs to do, he should do it.

Playful Player

10,825 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Dabbler 200
I don't think it's okay for ANYBODY to hit another person, regardless of gender.

Dapper Citizen

What are we, in kindergarten? I can't believe we need this question answered. If you're not acting in self-defense, then it is a moronic response. If a guy can't think about the situation to come up with a way to verbally handle it, then how intelligent CAN he be?

Questionable Poster

THE PUBLIC ENEMY 2012
DaniRhapsody
THE PUBLIC ENEMY 2012
In today's society, more and more and more GIRLS are being reported of abusing men than the other way around... neutral neutral

I'd believe it.

hell look at mtv's teen pregnancy! that is a prime example. In my hometown, there was a news report of a chick who beat the s**t out of her man for not going to buy her beer. I am.sorry but as soon as the f words come out and love taps start happening, you can kiss me goodbye because I don't play that s**t!

That's ******** terrible. I honestly hate women that hide behind the "I can beat you but you can't hit me back because I'm a woman" s**t. It sounds degrading, imo. And the double standard is ridiculous! I agree with the others saying it's acceptable in self defense, but I can't stand how in most cases, the women will get away with it by stating "Oh, he beat me first." And because of the "rule" we all grew up on, some will take it as "oh, she just has to be innocent then."

stressed emotion_donotwant

Kumacchiato's Prince

Demonic Dabbler

10,750 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Lavish Tipper 200
User Image
"No, not acceptable under any circumstance."
User Image

Kindly Star

12,200 Points
  • Abomination 100
  • Fusion Novice 50
  • Alchemy Level 3 100

A lot of people say the man was right in this situation...bullshit...she didn't lay a finger on him and he's old enough to be her dad..Arguing with a kid..-_-
Repomanz
its absolutely wrong for a guy to hit a girl,but nonetheless,if she truly deserved it,which is never happend in my case so far,i'll consider with a big slap.

What the ******** are you talking about?
Le Visage Inconnu
What are we, in kindergarten? I can't believe we need this question answered. If you're not acting in self-defense, then it is a moronic response. If a guy can't think about the situation to come up with a way to verbally handle it, then how intelligent CAN he be?

What if the woman gets physical first? There's only so much words can do when someone's swinging arms at you.
i believe if you hit someone you better expect them hitting you back rather its a man or not BUT!! i think a true man dose not hit girl no matter what.no pushing her away or holding her hands down so she can stop hitting you is something i could see a man doing , but if any man hits me out of anger is ******** up that is bull s**t and the same thing goes for girls if you hit someone out of anger your a b***h c**t who needs to be hit back !

Wheezing Gawker

The Neon Sailor
I don't think its okay for any gender to hit any gender, unless you are being attacked.

This. To me, it has nothing to do with gender. People need to control themselves.

On the other hand, if a person is attacking someone or doing something that LEGITIMATELY needs apprehending, I would hit them, man or woman. In any other case... I don't know, it would be very difficult for me to hit a woman, not because of any chivalry horseshit (equal treatment is equal, good and the bad) but because of the way society sees it. I punch a guy, I get a slap on the wrist, maybe some anger management classes. I punch a woman, I go the ******** to jail.

But to me, it's the amount of damage that would be dealt. I have a male friend who is far tinier than most women. I'm thin, but damn, he's designed by Tim Burton. We've been buddies for a long time and I remember one occasion when we just weren't getting along, and I really REALLY wanted to hit him. But I didn't, because I'd ******** break him. Not because I'm particularly strong, but because this is a wiry ********]

Eloquent Fatcat

Hitting someone is always unacceptable, no matter what they did.
In my opinion, there should be no fighting in the first place.
If the woman is taking advantage of the fact that a man won't hit her, so she hits him, he has every right to hit her back. Women think they're so tough being able to hit men and they "can't" do anything back, and that's just rubbish. If any gender hit any other gender, they should be prepared to be hit back. It's only fair.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff