Welcome to Gaia! ::

<3 </3

When was the last time you tried to belly dance?

A day ago 1 100.0% [ 3 ]
A week ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
A month ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
6 months ago 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
I can't remember 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Herping my derp all over this poll 0 0.0% [ 0 ]
Total Votes:[ 3 ]
< 1 2 3 ... 9 10 11 12 >

Demonic Shapeshifter

18,800 Points
  • Alchemy Level 10 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Brandisher 100
If Shadows Fall
Normally I'm open to a lot of things, but making myself look foolish isn't one of them. I watched a few youtube vids. Even when I'm alone I feel stupid so I'll stick to kick boxing or other things that don't require accentuating my problem areas.
honeypunch461
If Shadows Fall
Normally I'm open to a lot of things, but making myself look foolish isn't one of them. I watched a few youtube vids. Even when I'm alone I feel stupid so I'll stick to kick boxing or other things that don't require accentuating my problem areas.
Hey, to each their own! There are a few exercises that you might want to consider anyways, like rib and stomach isolations. They definitely help to tighten your core. :3

Spooky Girl

18,525 Points
  • Scary Sampling 50
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Haunting Echo 75
I'm not a bellydancer, myself. I can't afford formal lessons right now and I'm so out of shape that I'm afraid I'll hurt my back or something trying to do it at home without supervision. I do like bellydancing as an art form, though, and I've been a fan of it since I saw this performance at Dragon*Con '07. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DPn3nZV81VM

I've actually become a fan of Sashi, the dancer in that video. I've seen her live and watched the vids she's put up on YouTube and a few others, and she's really talented. She makes bellydancing look so...effortless. Fun, too.

My favorite Sashi video: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ascend1#p/u/10/JNgAHllI018 Check those wings out! That's ******** awesome.

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
I just found out that a local cafe has a belly dancer that performs every Wednesday o_O She's kinda cute too. Guess who has something new to do from now on q:

Stellar Bunny

17,975 Points
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Bunny Hunter 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
I was doing belly dance throug this year. It's fantastic! I miss the classes so bad, but my school duties are first. Next vacations surelly I'll get back to dance. >_>

5,900 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Contributor 150
  • Friendly 100
Im not sure if I replied already xd
But i was browsing on youtube and came across gothic bellydancing and bellydancing to metal and was just suprised to see how cool it was! Im planning on getting into it to tighten up my post partum belly ^.^
I would love to learn bellydancing but nowhere around my area does it sad

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Belly dancing is a great exercise :3 I'm hoping to pick it up again soon.

I love belly dancing to metal! It makes me happy <3

And there are always youtube videos for people who are unable to go to in-person classes.

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500

Fashionable Sex Symbol

7,100 Points
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
I'd love to try it once I lose more weight.

6,300 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Citizen 200
  • Tycoon 200
Been a bellydancer for a little over six years. Found this thread and was wondering if anyone knew any good songs (other than Fire Goddess) to do a fan veil choreography to. It's a solo, so I can't have anything too fast paced or I won't be able to fill up the music. Really leaning toward Fire Goddess, but open to suggestions. Also if anyone knows who Fire Goddess is by that would also be really helpful. mrgreen mrgreen

Tipsy Prophet

15,775 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Partygoer 500
Are you looking for traditional music or tribal?
Honestly, if the song has a good beat I'll belly dance to it. I don't discriminate :3

Angelic Streaker

10,050 Points
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Angelic Alliance 100
  • Partygoer 500
I love you for this.

I've been wanting to learn so badly.
I even found a place in my old town that was awesome and had personal one on one classes and almost went for it, but then we moved to an entirely different state, and life got in the way. :C We don't have the money at the moment for it, but I'd still love to learn.

785-191-105

Dapper Gawker

My cousin does it, but I think she's just an amateur. Anyway, my thing's breakdancing. That s**t's cool, yo.

Hygienic Smoker

3,750 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
can you belly dance but instead of moving your hips; gyrating and flopping your p***s all over the place(i mean im sure with enough practioce you could do that wave thing but with your scrotum)? maybe as some new avant garde dance movement?

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff