Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
I Shall Grant You NoMercy
Ugh, me too.
This one douche-bag once asked me if I was mute/deaf.
Yeah, because not talking for TEN WHOLE MINUTES totally means you're a mute-deaf.
How could I of been so ignorent?
crying

oh damn when you said that this memory that i had came to mind, where i was in 6ish grade
and i was walking to class this boy i knew was talking to some kid and the kid was like talking about me being quiet and the boy was like nah shes prob just retarded or stupid :/
i avoided him ever since.

O.G. Gaian

26,090 Points
  • Seasoned Warrior 250
  • Jolly Roger 50
  • Survivor 150
I think it might be because they need something to do while they ignore doing their school work xD

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
DJ Twissta
I think it might be because they need something to do while they ignore doing their school work xD

your sig made me laugh ^-^
DJ Twissta
Are you actually a DJ

Pawn

I dunno. I would always get s**t for being quiet all throughout school. I'm not sure what exactly bothered people about it, but they sure let me know that they thought it was too "weird" or "different" at least. I'm just a shy person/don't have a lot to say sometimes. I just don't feel the need to randomly talk or speak unless I'm spoken to. I've been accused of being a mute. It doesn't help that I was constantly compared to my twin sister who is the complete opposite of me. :/

Adorable Fisher

They think you think you're better than they are. At least, that's what they thought of me, the quiet kid in class. I got a lot of sh*t for being quiet (and not smiling much at all). They figured they could do anything they wanted because I wouldn't speak up for myself. The worst thing was, I had really long perfect hair in middle school, and while we were in line some kid threw their gum right at the top of my head. I had to have the gum and hair it touched cut off, and my hair was never the same since.
It makes people uncomfortable, because you're not talking so they dunno if you dislike them, or are shy, etc.
Hernameisfoxylove
why are people judged so much for it? in middle school i got alot of...crap for it.

so what do you think about it?
why do people see it as a negative thing?

We're taught from a young age that something must be wrong if a person is quiet. That they must be some kind of lunatic on the verge of killing everybody, or a broken, emotional shell of a being.

Which is a load of bs, coming from me.

Bara Doge's Queen

Omnipresent Senshi

People think that because you're quiet you're shy or you're mean or arrogant. They also think that "normal" people always talk.
It's really stupid.

Kawaii Sentai

User Image
User ImageUser Image

“Wise men speak because they have something to say; Fools because they have to say something.”~Plato

User ImageUser Image
I get told that all the time! "You're so quiet" is just what everyone will end up saying to me lol and apparently I'm pretty intimidating and that's a factor. Sometimes I feel bad because I'll so easily lapse into a silence and others think its awkward but no...it's just me hanging out...

My thing is to listen, I can listen and not say a word and be perfectly happy in a relationship. I don't like talking. Now, in my head it's like a totally different story. Whenever I am listening my brain is churning and thinking and talking, I have trained myself to silently comment on things and people instead of outright saying it. I can say whatever the ******** I want in my head, and to all else I only appear to be "quiet".

Lonely Elocutionist

10,000 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Megathread 100
  • Tycoon 200
I've always been quiet in social settings, particularly around people I didn't know.
I always got s**t for being quiet also. I remember i always used to go to a friends house and his mom wouldnt shut up about me being quiet, it was like i was expected to just start rambling at the mouth.

When im quiet its usually because im bored or just completely disinterested in whats going on.
Dolce Rogue
People think that because you're quiet you're shy or you're mean or arrogant. They also think that "normal" people always talk.
It's really stupid.

"Nothing good can every come from living with normal people."

Fashionable Bloodsucker

7,150 Points
  • Consumer 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
anonkidz
I always got s**t for being quiet also. I remember i always used to go to a friends house and his mom wouldnt shut up about me being quiet, it was like i was expected to just start rambling at the mouth.

When im quiet its usually because im bored or just completely disinterested in whats going on.

when i went to this one girls house her mom would be like "oh its always the quiet ones who might do something... and im like uh what? O.o

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff