Bashful Shapeshifter

9,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Study King
Eliskuya_Thurwolf
Study King
i care because they are people just like us. I care because they are people, who laugh, love and feel like everyone else. It doesnt matter if they're japanese because they're all people who need help

I argee King, I top argee with you, unlike some people

some? people? Who wouldnt care?

wait and see
Why do I care about what happen to Japan. Its Simple. They are people in need. They are people who were hurt very badly. Wouldnt you want someone to care if you were in the same situation. Yes I love anime, dont get me wrong. But one should want to help cause they are people in need. They are people who have lost everything. Many dont even have a home to go to. There are children with no parents, there are families with no homes food or change of clothes for that matter. They are humans just like us. Yes I love their culture, yes I love their language, yes I love their food as well. In the end the reason why I care is because they are people in need, and I love to try to bring smiles to peoples faces that shed nothing but tears. If I can even make one Japanese family happy in their time of need then I have done alot! smile Even if you dont like Japan, if you dont like their culture, their art, or even their way of life, you should care because they are people just like us. They have souls, flesh, blood. They are humans, and ever humans needs help sometimes.
Why?? Simple. Eventhough I am Chinese and Japan has done really bad damages to my country last time, I still support them. Because:

1. They're have souls, heart and emotions. WW2 started because of the leaders of that country during that time. I don't see the point of hating them. They're Human beings and God has created them for a reason.. Hate and hate will not create world peace. I don't hate the current emperor too by the way.. I think Aiko is cute! ( Sorry, I'll go back to the topic.) sweatdrop

2. They gave us back a lot of items and things in the world which are useful. About 70% of my home items are Japanese products (Drawing included). They are the hard-working, polite and honest citizens who learn from their mistakes.

3. I am tired of hating. It's not fun, let's face it. I want a life without prejudice and hate. Haters shouldn't even exist now. Did they even learn from History..? I wonder about that Sometimes though, I wish hating is illegal.

I wish I can help with everything but I'm still 14... So, I can't donate even a single penny. The only thing I can do is offer a prayer, bug my parents to donate and go online and trash haters...Nicely of course.. If this offends anyone in anyway, I apologize.

PS. If any Japanese is reading this, stay strong! You can survive like you did 70 years ago! Banzai! My country and I will be helping you in every way!
crying I care.. because wat if it happened in my country.. in my place.. i would be wishing that others would also help me when i needed them right? Thats why i care about them.. they are humans too u know.. they need help.. Help Japan!! Sympathy, Empathy sweatdrop
i care because I know some people over there, and this could have effected their lives. Also because Japan is very similar to America in the fact that it's not a third world country. It's one thing to see a country devastated by something like this when their country already kinda looked like that. It's another thing to see people living their lives just like us, and suddenly have it taken away by something this horrible.
It's not really because of that stuff mentioned in the OP, nor just because they are human. It's partly because they're a first world nation, and it may effect the rest of the world too, in whatever degree, in a way we won't be able to forsee. While that may be true, Japan has limited land and resources so the chance of it becoming crippled is higher for it and other such nations which are not so big; my heart especially goes out to the Japanese in that regard. They are currently also more of a non-militant nation, so it's more of a shame (for lack of a better word) that they've been made to suffer through even more now. But really I suppose that doesn't really matter whether one nation or however many "deserves it" or not... Our world is more of a fragile sphere than we want to admit. =/

5,900 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Popular Thread 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
We as humans want to help others in need.
I donated when haiti was in need of help and ill help when its japan or any other country.
im lucky and should help those un-fortunate.

Bashful Shapeshifter

9,075 Points
  • Married 100
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Team Jacob 100
Erriol
Why?? Simple. Eventhough I am Chinese and Japan has done really bad damages to my country last time, I still support them. Because:

1. They're have souls, heart and emotions. WW2 started because of the leaders of that country during that time. I don't see the point of hating them. They're Human beings and God has created them for a reason.. Hate and hate will not create world peace. I don't hate the current emperor too by the way.. I think Aiko is cute! ( Sorry, I'll go back to the topic.) sweatdrop

2. They gave us back a lot of items and things in the world which are useful. About 70% of my home items are Japanese products (Drawing included). They are the hard-working, polite and honest citizens who learn from their mistakes.

3. I am tired of hating. It's not fun, let's face it. I want a life without prejudice and hate. Haters shouldn't even exist now. Did they even learn from History..? I wonder about that Sometimes though, I wish hating is illegal.

I wish I can help with everything but I'm still 14... So, I can't donate even a single penny. The only thing I can do is offer a prayer, bug my parents to donate and go online and trash haters...Nicely of course.. If this offends anyone in anyway, I apologize.

PS. If any Japanese is reading this, stay strong! You can survive like you did 70 years ago! Banzai! My country and I will be helping you in every way!

I argee, I'm half japanese, and I hate the haters around here neutral
Ignoring my early fascination for Japan while I was in my early teens, there is no specific reason for me caring about Japan other than the idea of others suffering.

I don't know about anyone else, but for me, with the idea that everyone has only one chance to live, the tragedy in Japan makes me think about what would these people have done the day before had they known that tommorow they would die, or lose others? How many of them had regrets in their deaths; how many had argued with a loved one and never had the chance to apologize, or say that they loved one another?

It's a very depressing and saddening thought, one that I do not wish upon any being capable of thinking it.

Codebreaking Genius

8,650 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Signature Look 250
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
I care because my brother's stepmother is Japanese, and she hasn't been able to get in touch with any of her family in Japan.

4,450 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Brandisher 100
  • Befriended 100
I care because their real people who dont deserve to die and THEY MAKE GOOD SUSHI ^^
cuz it feels wrong not to

Questing Seeker

10,725 Points
  • Married 100
  • Friend of the Goat 100
  • Nostalgic Scrapbooker 50
64 bits
Personally, it's a human thing. I might not like their way of life but they're still human. But if your only reasons are because of Anime or your favorite J-pop band.. yeah ******** you. But yeah be honest. Thanks for the responses, here are a few random ones.
TararistThreat
I'd care as much no matter what country had been affected. Compassion is year round and world wide.

laurenbear75
It's heart breaking to see these poor people go through so much pain. I hold Japan close to my heart for many reasons. Japanese are always so giving and kind, and I have nothing but wonderful things to say about my experiences in Japan. It's just upsetting to see anybody regardless of race, sex, religion, culture, whatever, go through something as devastating as this. cry
pink-manga-CUTIE
My heart broke watching a country and its people just get torn apart by the events on Friday. I used to live in Japan and have family and friends who live in Tokyo, Chiba, Nagano, and Nagoya. At this time I have heard back from most of them who are okay although rattled.
Eternal Lord Alustra
I care about japan because idiots like you don't live there smile
SaffronWisteria
I've loved Japan ever since I was little. The culture, yes, the art, and once I got to meet them, the people.

When I became a freshman, the first Japanese person I ever met was our Japanese intern that helped our sensei teach us for the year. He had his flaws, sure, but he was just such an amazing person. He was the first person I thought of when my mom told me there was earthquake and a tsunami. Luckily, he's okay.

Last year I was too shy to speak to any of our exchange students, but this year I've spoken a lot with our intern and our two exchange students. I haven't heard from the intern about her family because she's out this week, but one of the exchange student's family lives in Sendai. She tried that morning to call but had no answer because electricity was out, and I asked her later if she was okay and she started crying, so I felt terrible. But she went back to the Japanese room and was able to call, and they were thankfully safe. However, our other exchange student has only been able to contact her mother. The rest of her relatives are living in a city that's basically under water now, and she's gotten no word of their safety, and that frightens me.

My best friend went to Japan last summer and she was terrified the whole day about her host family's safety. I'm still waiting to hear from her about them.

I care about Japan not only because I love its culture, its beauty, and its art and music, but because I care about these people. I love these people to death, and I hate that I can't do anything more than worry right now. Some people in our class are talking about starting some kind of fund raiser, but we would still have to think of what to do, ask our sensei, and just hope it would be successful. Until then, I can only hope that my friends' families are okay and have survived this tragedy.
i care because people's lives were lost. hundreds of cities were wiped out, plus there is still the scare about the nuclear reactors. i won't lie, i have vested interests in japan. the products they export make a big difference in our lives and are major players in the consumer electronics world. but surely the devastation of the human loss outweighs all material things... it's also tragic because all most of us can do is watch.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff