I donated to Red Cross 0.35320584926884 35.3% [ 314 ]
I bumped the thread 0.18447694038245 18.4% [ 164 ]
I spread the word 0.33858267716535 33.9% [ 301 ]
I gave information 0.12373453318335 12.4% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 889 ]
<< < 1 2 ... 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 ... 61 62 63 > >>

Tipsy Genius

letsgo1010

Thank you, alot of the same information is provided throughout the sub forum, please minimize this post as it stretches the page a bit.
I've seen you post this same thing throughout the sub forum, so i'm more then sure people know, thankfully.

If you'd like some of your information displayed on the first page, please say so via private message or response quote.
If the text is large as it was in your previous message, please send it via private message.

7,250 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Tycoon 200
I'd donate to the Red Cross, but I already donated my extra money to the Salvation Army's Japan fund sweatdrop Good luck! heart

Tipsy Genius

Ronk a Donk Funk

Please delete this post, i did say nothing negative.
Please try to post only positive things.

Alien Partier

18,725 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Skill Up 50
Ronk a Donk Funk
How about Hell no and Japan can sink to the bottom of the ocean or blow up in firey flames and burn straight to hell smile

Excuse me, what makes you even think that? Do you realize how many people have already died because of the earthquake and tsunami in Japan? And instead of praying or do anything that can help them, why are you saying stuff that's upsetting us all? Are you just doing this for fun, or are you just plain don't-know what's going-on?

Romantic Werewolf

11,150 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Super Tipsy 200
  • Fluff Rehab 200
Kestaa
AgnelCastiel
not to be a downer, but I don't like there policy on care packages. There website flat out says they want money, not care packages. I am sorry, but not EVERY one has 10 dollars in this economy. I know I sure don't I pay 600 for food (3 people), about 1,987 for bill about 200 for gas and I only bring home 2240 a month do the math, You see I don't have 10 dollars
(2787 is the math)

I can however make a care package, So not happy with that, but hay if you got the money donate!

That's probably because by the time they sort through all the stuff, pay to have all the junk disposed of (a lot of people use charities as an easy way to get rid of broken or useless stuff), pay to have all the good-but-unneeded things stored, and then pay to have everything else shipped overseas, the organizations often end up losing a lot of money - money that could have been used to buy what's needed closer to the area in need. So I agree it sucks, but I also totally understand why they have that policy.

Is there a local church/community centre/whatever that's planning to send care packages? Maybe try calling around.

That makes scenes, I still don't like it, but it does sound like a good reason. (still to ends with money and I hate it when Money is the reason behind everything. Of course money is behind EVERYTHING anyways, so I can just deal LOL)

7,850 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
AgnelCastiel
Kestaa
AgnelCastiel
not to be a downer, but I don't like there policy on care packages. There website flat out says they want money, not care packages. I am sorry, but not EVERY one has 10 dollars in this economy. I know I sure don't I pay 600 for food (3 people), about 1,987 for bill about 200 for gas and I only bring home 2240 a month do the math, You see I don't have 10 dollars
(2787 is the math)

I can however make a care package, So not happy with that, but hay if you got the money donate!

That's probably because by the time they sort through all the stuff, pay to have all the junk disposed of (a lot of people use charities as an easy way to get rid of broken or useless stuff), pay to have all the good-but-unneeded things stored, and then pay to have everything else shipped overseas, the organizations often end up losing a lot of money - money that could have been used to buy what's needed closer to the area in need. So I agree it sucks, but I also totally understand why they have that policy.

Is there a local church/community centre/whatever that's planning to send care packages? Maybe try calling around.

That makes scenes, I still don't like it, but it does sound like a good reason. (still to ends with money and I hate it when Money is the reason behind everything. Of course money is behind EVERYTHING anyways, so I can just deal LOL)

The way it was explained to me is that accepting item donations actually reduces the charities' ability to help. (They spend more money processing the donations than the items are actually worth.) It's unfortunate, but as long at the world continues to run on money it looks like that's the way it's going to be.

I understand the frustration though. I had the same problem after Katrina - I was having to borrow from my parents to help with rent, so donating money was out of the question, but I had used-but-good clothes, household goods, etc. that I would have happily given away if I could've found someone to take them. But because I was so far away (western Canada), local charities only wanted cash. It sucked, because I really wanted to help but couldn't, but I understood the reasons.

Chatty Werewolf

7,000 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

2,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Hygienic 200
We must all make A Prayer for Those of Japan God Bless Those Who survived and to those who didn't God is now Caring For them. crying

6,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
Ronk a Donk Funk
How about Hell no and Japan can sink to the bottom of the ocean or blow up in firey flames and burn straight to hell smile
my aunt's parents live in japan D:

6,950 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Conversationalist 100
I donate $2.25 better then nothing Not like I have a job >.<
plus I brought that shiny cross thingy gaia selling biggrin my avatar a cat can't see it surprised
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

Tipsy Genius

Ronk a Donk Funk

Please erase your rude comments, i respect your freedom of speech but it's noted in the rules that you must be respectful.
Please follow the rules.

Tipsy Genius

x- Your God -x
I donate $2.25 better then nothing Not like I have a job >.<
plus I brought that shiny cross thingy gaia selling biggrin my avatar a cat can't see it surprised
3nodding 3nodding 3nodding 3nodding

I bought that pretty lil' thing too, i still would like to buy the halo somehow, very pretty.
I'm trying to save up right now so i can donate too. x3

Tipsy Genius

Kestaa

The way it was explained to me is that accepting item donations actually reduces the charities' ability to help. (They spend more money processing the donations than the items are actually worth.) It's unfortunate, but as long at the world continues to run on money it looks like that's the way it's going to be.

I understand the frustration though. I had the same problem after Katrina - I was having to borrow from my parents to help with rent, so donating money was out of the question, but I had used-but-good clothes, household goods, etc. that I would have happily given away if I could've found someone to take them. But because I was so far away (western Canada), local charities only wanted cash. It sucked, because I really wanted to help but couldn't, but I understood the reasons.

I too wish care packages were easier to send and that money wasn't this much of a issue for charities.
Because i agree, it'd be much easier just to send a care package to a person full of toys and food that won't spoil rather then money.
But.. yeah.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces