I bumped the thread 0.18447694038245 18.4% [ 164 ]
I spread the word 0.33858267716535 33.9% [ 301 ]
I gave information 0.12373453318335 12.4% [ 110 ]
Total Votes:[ 889 ]
1 2 3 4 5 6 ... 61 62 63 > >>

Tipsy Genius

User Image
Support the Red Cross :
Help with the Japan and Pacific Disasters.

Today in Japan, a Earthquake measuring 8.9 hit [ though mostly underwater ] this Earthquake was soon followed by a unexpected Tsunami. Thousands were stranded on rooftops, water all around them.
A High-speed bullet train and cruise ship both went missing, 400 passengers total to be on them.
A ship holding nearly 100 people was sweept away.
Many homes, cards, railroads, and businesses were swept away. 1,000 people are presumed to be dead.

Tragedy is the only word i can use to describe such a horror, my heart breaks hearing such things.
That's why i want to spread word through gaia in the hopes that just maybe we can help in some way.
There is more then one way to help too, donating is a very nice way to help, but another could be word of mouth, and bumping, helping find articles and more information, so this thread could be noticed and hopefully others will donate.

A little help goes a long way, and here in this thread we hope to raise some help for the tragedy in Japan that occurred this morning/afternoon by sponsoring Red Cross and spreading word through out gaia of this horrific event, with the help of Gaia and it's users, maybe we can support them in some way.

I know gaia will eventually start a donation pool via bundle, but we'd all like to still help in someway.
If you are attempting to locate a missing person in Japan, use this thread here.

Tipsy Genius

The Rules -

Follow TOS, this is very important.

Please do not speak ill if the country, i believe in freedom of speach but this is a horrible thing and why put salt in fresh wounds?

Be Polite to the other members of the thread.

Please do not to use any txt tlk or L337 Sp34k, we want to hear and understand your opinion fully.

Please do not ask to be donated to, this isn't our goal, our goal is to help the people in Japan.

Please do not quote anything on the front page.

Please do not page stretch.

Please private message Hikari Sora No Ko to be affiliated.

A special thanks to -

Aqua Azulla & Moonlight Kirameki for helping me put this wonderful idea together and providing information and graphics.

The Black List -

- Ronk a Donk Funk

Tipsy Genius

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
User Image

How to donate to Red Cross?

1 - Go to RedCross.org

2 - Click on "Japan Earthquak and Pacific Tsunami"

3 - Select "Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami"

4 - Fill in the required feilds

You can also..

1 - Donate to Red Cross efforts at 1-800-733-2767

2 - Text REDCROSS to 90999, for a $10 donation.

For people fundraising in schools and other options..

1 - Click Japan Earthquake and Pacific Tsunami

2 - On the "Donate funds" page, there is a small gray box to the side, click on the red text that reads "Other Ways to Give"

3 - This will bring up multiple alternative options, find yours, for example "Mail" will have you fill out a small form which you print out.

You can also choose to Volunteer, Give Blood, Make a difference , and Become and Employee to the side, these also have different options and different ways to help.

Beloved Citizen

7,450 Points
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Somebody Likes You 100
Other ways to donate?

1 - Word of mouth is a great way to help too, spread the news through popular social sites.

2 - Bump this thread so it can be seen by others, hopefully this will attract people.

3 - Give us <3's to make this thread popular, hopefully this will attract people.

4 - Become our affiliate or sponsor, this should help a whole lot, hopefully this will attract more people as well.

5 - Provide us with more Information, images, and video to be posted on the front page, this way people are more knowledgable as to what's going on.

EXTRA Go to this thread to find out more ways to text and donate.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get Items
Get Gaia Cash
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games