Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image

"When I met him, I had just found out my family had died, he was lonely after being so long by himself, and I was venerable from loss of my family." He told her giving her a little back ground of his relationship between William and himself. "I was ready to give up, had nothing to live for, what i did have was buried in the ground and forgotten." he said smiling softly as he thought back. "He helped me for a while, I'd go out and get my self into trouble, fights and so on anything that could get me killed." Nicholas looked at her as he spoke wondering how she'd react.

"On day before sunrise after a particularly rough fight he pulled me to his home and asked 'You that ready to die?', and when I only nodded to him he grinned pulling me close to him and biting into my neck drinking from me." he thought back to that day when he was to blinded by grief to count the graves that not all of his family was gone and lost, the day he gave up his mortality because it was better then what he had. "I could feel my life being pulled from my body, and just barely before he finished me off I changed my mind and begged him to let me live. But he'd already drank to much to let my body live on it's own so he fed me his," he concluded that was the story of how he'd died.

"Even better love because ye'll be getting it in spades." Nicholas purred and smiled, at her nibbling her neck again.

freedomwitch's Partner In Crime

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Who's The Boss Now? 300
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery worked on her food as she listened to the story quietly. She felt for Nicholas, and almost felt sad for the man who'd turned him. They were both lonely, she decided. Truth be told, she wasn't surprised to hear how Nicholas had reacted after the death of his family. He'd lost almost everyone, after all. When she'd lost her mother, she'd engaged in self-destructive behaviors as well - sleeping around, drinking, picking fights at bars, anything to try to forget the pain. That was normal human behavior. Not good, but normal. It just showed you cared, in a bizarre sort of way.

To her, at least, it made sense. It was part of the reason she'd been able to accept her new life so easily, after all. There was nothing for her in her human life anymore - she'd have gone back to harming herself. And the next time someone had tried to hurt her, she wouldn't have been so lucky to have a vampire appear from nowhere and change her life completely. It was for the better, she knew. And she knew sometimes familiars were turned to vampires after many years, but the inevitable departure from their master always followed. The last thing she wanted was to be separated from Nicholas again. Besides....she liked food.

"So, did you know about vampires before you were turned?" she asked curiously. She wondered if the other vampire was an old man or a young one. The only ones who looked old were the Council, and even they had a strength about them. Vampires, she'd realized, didn't turn those who weren't young and handsome already, save in rare cases.
User Image

"It was the 1700's love," he told her with a grin nodding his head. "I had heard stories about them, they were all around the country side." he added and leaned back taking a break for teasing her and letting her finish her food in peace. "It wasn't until some time after I was turned and left Bill that the world of vampires went into hiding and our history turned into myth." he added looking to her. He was glad for her, he had questioned weather it was worth it or not to have been turned after having no family to live with it. But then he met Avery and every day he looked at her or got to hold her in his arms he was more and more sure that it was. If he hadn't been turned he would have never met Avery and fallen for her as he did.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

"Did you know he was a vampire before he turned you, or did you just think they were stories?" she asked, making steady progress through her food and drink both. She'd grown up knowing vampires existed, as they'd come back out into society when she was just a little girl. It made accepting the myths from her parents' age a lot easier to deal with, that was for sure. At least, she found it hard to deny their existence when one sat next to her, sharing her heart and bed every night and day.
User Image

"He had told me the second night we'd met," Nicholas told her watching her eat and drink. She was so amazing, he again noticed as she ate and listened to him talk about one of his last few days as a human. "Of course I thought there were stories especially when I was a boy." he told her and smiled fondly at her. "One day though when i was older after I was sold to work for an Englishmen I was living out in the barn when I was woken up after I heard a noise and looked up from my make shift bed to see a young gorgeous maid with a gentle men caller doing what ye and I like to do best." he purred and winked at her. "Though instead of finishing the deed with the maid the man kissed her neck and when he pulled away from her his lips were covered in blood and she was limp in his arms." he told her thinking back on that night, he never did see the vampire that had killed the maid.

"Thinking it was just a dream I didn't do anything but go back to bed and when I woke the next morning I saw the maid and ran to find the head of the house, the one that told the rest of use servants what to do, that the maid was dead in the barn." he said remember his first dead and half naked body. "They'd burnt her body that afternoon and I was told not to say anything about what I'd seen the night before." he finished, after seeing a vampire kill believing the stories about them was easy.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery listened, fascinated, finishing off her meal and barely noticing she had. The server brought over the dessert she'd ordered and she worked on that as well, an elbow propped up on the table as she listened to the story. She liked hearing him talk like that, tell her about his life, his history. He'd told her some, but nothing about vampires or anything concerning them. A shiver went through her at his tone and she smirked at him a little over the cake, swallowing thickly.

"So, you weren't worried the vampire had seen you and would come back for you or anything like that?" she prodded curiously, poking his elbow with the end of her fork after taking a bite. "So you knew William was a vampire and still went to live with him? Talk about a death wish after all," his lover remarked, shaking her head in a bit of amusement and amazement both.
User Image

"Like I said I thought it was a dream and that was all,"
he shrugged and smiled shaking his head. "Even after woke and found the maid's body I still thought it had been a dream, it wasn't until later after I'd herd more stories about attacks like the one of the maid that I quickly realized that what I'd seen wasn't a dream but reality." he added explaining why he hadn't been worried about the vampire coming back for him. He wasn't even totally sure if the vampire had seen him watching.

"Aye, I worked from him, he'd hired me as his stable boy after my twenty-fifth birthday, which was shortly after I learned of my family." he answered nodding his head and grinning at her amusement and amazement. "Even with my destructive behavior he'd treated me as a son for a time. Until I found out that my sister and a couple of younger brothers had survived the sickness and that's when I had blamed him from changing me rather than leaving me be." he said now remembering the slight falling out they had before he'd left. "Even though I knew I was wrong to blame him I had still felt angry and cheated, it wasn't until I faked my death in that battle that i truly understood that." he added and smiled. "I stayed gone from William mostly out of embarrassment, but I did send word to him that I was sorry," he finished, he never really did see the old vampire again after that.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Hearing the whole story, Avery had finished up her food and realized she was actually feeling full by the time he had finished. "Do you think he forgave you? Maybe that's why he wants to see you," she suggested. It would be nice, at least she thought. Plus, she didn't want another vampire with a grudge against her partner. He seemed to collect them like baseball cards at this rate, she'd have to start keeping track. Well, the familiar hadn't seemed hostile, so she took that as a good sign, for one thing.

The server returned with the bill, which she paid without blinking an eye at the total, adding in a hefty tip as the girl seemed a bit anxious with Nicholas right there. Whether it was because he was a vampire or because he was being grabby with his familiar, Avery wasn't sure and since she planned on coming back, wanted to leave a good impression.
User Image

"Aye that is a possibility,"
Nicholas agreed nodding his head and smiling at her. He didn't think his old 'father' was still angry at him at his, child like behavior of blaming the elder for 'ruining his life'. It wasn't his finer moments, but Jianna had explained it to him as he was in his adolescence of vampire hood, much like the teen years of a human. He was at the stage of pushing away his maker and wanting to break out on his own.

He smiled at the waitress and shrugged no bothering with wondering why she was so anxious. It could have been a number of things, either way he didn't much care what the reason it wasn't like he was going to hurt any one in their. The only person he wanted to wrap himself around was Avery. "Later miss," he called to the waitress and looked at Avery to see if she was ready to leave."Either way, we'll find out tomorrow what good old William wants." he told her returning back to their conversation of his sire.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Well, it was a relief to hear that Nicholas didn't think his sire was still angry. At least, she hoped he would have said something if that was the case. And she had to admit, she was curious to see what sort of person had turned Nicholas and was able to stay in charge of the majority of Ireland, if not all of it, for so many centuries. Jianna had said he was about six hundred years old.

Nodding, Avery elbowed him out of the booth so she could stand up, getting a wave from the familiar in training when he saw them leaving. Shrugging, she waved back as she tucked her arm into Nicholas' and ambled back outside. "I hope we can stay here for a while," she admitted, taking a deep breath and smiling. "it's so different from the city, or other places. Like being back in the old world, almost."
User Image

Nicholas chuckled as she elbowed him out of the booth and wrapped his own arm around Avery's shoulder once they were standing and she put her arm around him. "I think he likes ye love," he chuckled more noticing once again the familiar in training attention to Avery. It was amusing to him, and he didn't mind as far as he could tell his lover was quiet happy with how things were between them. That and he knew he was satisfying her like none other. Though it wouldn't stop him from teasing at little.

"I am sure William will be fine with that love, and if he's not well then we'll just stay out of his way," he promised her, this was Nicholas' home to and six hundred years old or not, no one was going to force him to leave until he was ready to leave on his own. And hopefully William would understand that. They'd find out tomorrow.

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

Avery snorted back at him, shaking her head. "I think he's like a little puppy, here's hoping he's being friendly and it's not a crush," she remarked dryly. God. "You're more than enough for me, Nicholas, so don't go picking on some poor b*****d because you're so smug," she added teasingly, tugging him down for a solid kiss as they began walking.

She nodded at his tone, glad to hear that he wasn't going to let them get pushed out if the other vampire didn't want them there for some reason. "He must be adaptable, I never heard of an older vampire owning something like a nightclub before, let alone meeting in one," she remarked, a bit surprised by the choice of venue.
User Image

"Oh I know my love," he moaned running a hand over her cheek and through her hair as he kissed her back and smiled as they pulled away from the kiss to walk out. "And so what if he develops a crush love, ye'r still mine until you don't want to be" he pointed out. Crushes were harmless just as long as the boy didn't try anything with or to Avery the vampire didn't care, he knew where her heart belonged.

"I am sure he is, to have lived this long?"
he agreed nodding his head and smiling. "Aye there are not vampire cities here just mixed cities." he told her smiled at her observation. Her enjoyment of Ireland made him think of something.....

Celebrating Wife

22,200 Points
  • Pine Perfection 250
  • Flatterer 200
User Image

"Oh, I'll always want to be yours, don't worry about that," she assured him with a laugh, snuggling up to his side as they walked. She could care less what the famliar in training did, as long as he didn't make a nuisance of himself.

Avery nodded at his words, before shrugging a little bit. "Well, the council is old and you can hardly say they're adaptable," she pointed out. "Vampire society hardly is to start with. Not like a vampire owning nightclubs is a very common thing. Most ones I've heard still refer to Europe as the Old World, or old country, or something like that. Not the most progressive of impressions, you have to admit," Avery continued, looking around. They were near enough to the cliffs here that she could hear the waves crashing on them.
User Image

"I'll always want ye," he smiled and nuzzled against her head, holding her close to him. He smiled breathing in her living scent at the walked from the pub. The familiar in training out of his mind as he had Avery in his arms.

"Aye this is true,"
he agreed with her nodding her head. "Thought the council is more inclined for the more traditional way of what vampires where once." he told her, they still though that vampires should be predators and not live side by said with humans. It was also why so many familiar's lives were threatened. "If ye want and should William approve, perhaps we can just live here for a while," Nicholas offered, Jianna could cover up what they wouldn't use or buy new in Ireland and send what they really needed but he hadn't asked

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff