Welcome to Gaia! ::

If there was ever a world more perfect and green, it couldn't be more so than this one. Caves and archways of earth towered over the carpets and quilts of forests, glens, rivers and hills. Floating islands defied gravity and rained down waterfalls made from magical springs down below. There were barely surfaces that did not have some sort of moss, or vine, or clover on them, and Dror's island was an example of that.

Covered in a fuzzy layer of grass, clovers and vine, was his floating island. It had no name unlike the others, but it didn't really matter to him. Windows all around revealed that the island had become more of a home than a chunk of land, and had a large wooden door at the base of a slope that lead to the top of the island. Planted on top, and standing out like a golden decoration, was a marvelous fire leaf tree, beside the spring that provided him with water.

To the farthest edge of the floating island, were two large vents for the workshop and blacksmith he ran inside the island.
Dror stared at the copper wall that was next to the front door. He had been so nervous that he was going to have company that he was worried he would miss them if he didn't wait right there on the floor. Looking through the little notebook he had been pocketing, he flipped the pages over and over, reading the notes that Kitty had written for him.

This was the first time he'd ever had guests, beside from Kitty and Sano. Sano visited regularly, and he was easy to please amongst the humans he had met in the past. But Dror was not only going to have an elf, and colorful wizard, but Celia. And that made him the most nervous of all. Why her instead of the elf? He wish he knew.

Looking around his wood home, he spotted the golden clock on the wall and sighed. They would be there any minute. He folded over on his lap, and exhaled deeply. He was so anxious and excited that he was starting to feel sick.
Sano waited at the cafe, the meeting spot for Ethaan and Celia. He was enjoying a cup of chai tea and some cinnamon rolls while he looked at a scroll. It confirmed permission to bring the two, especially Ethaan. He was almost instantly approved since he was an elf. Dragons and elves were always friends in some way. Sano's plan to get Celia in worked, but now he was starting to get cautious.

Drors father suspected him for sure. Because on the scroll it also asked for a new set of robes and dresses, requiring Sano to bring Celia with him to the palace after all. Ethaan and Dror were also supposed to come to court later in the week. An enthusiastic smirk appeared on Sanos face. Fabulous outfit dressing time??
Celia glided down the stairs, pulling on a pair of delicate white gloves. She hardly ever dressed in a manner that others would call casual or sloppy, but today she'd taken extra care with her appearance. She wore an elegant, modest dress in a deep reddish purple that she'd been told set off her colouration quite well, whatever that meant.

"Good morning," she said, smiling as she spotted Sano. "I'm sorry, have you been waiting long?" She reached the bottom of the stairs and spread her arms, giving him an anxious look. "Do I look all right?"
Ethaan hurried through the cafe door, a little out of breath, and nodded to Celia and Sano, as he swiped at his hair to get it back from his face. He was not quite in full Templar regalia, but the red-crossed tunic and the chainmail shirt were prominent.

"Sorry I'm late," he said. "There was a thing, and um." He straightened up, and calmed his breathing. "Well, not important. Good day to you both."
Sano beamed at Celia. "Not at all! You look lovely! Lovely!" he clapped happily. "I hope you're looking forward to this as much as I am!"

Celia was his new assistant, and there was nothing Sano loved more than teaching others about his profession. Kitty already knew practically everything, so there was little for him to teach her.

"Ah! Sir Ethaan!" Sano waved before admiring his attire. "So formal of you, thanks for coming! Kitty would come...but..complications!" he laughed. "Anyway, right this way.."

Sano snapped his fingers, and a teal and blue swirling portal opened in the cafe. Dipping his head into the portal to make sure it went through alright. Yup, all was well, would portal them all in front of Dror's door. Sano pulled his fair head out, and elegantly gestured for the two to walk through.
"I believe I am," Celia said with a laugh. "What I've heard about Dror's dimension sounds quite intriguing, and he did seem so excited to show off his workshop." She walked over to the portal and stuck her wooden hand experimentally through it. "And it should be interesting to help you work your trade, as well. I'm sure I'll learn lots of interesting things." She smiled at Sano and stepped through.

Her eyes went wide at her first glimpse of Dror's island, her mouth dropping open in a silent sigh. One hand creeping up to her cheek, she smiled slowly.

"Well, there was no exaggeration here," she said to herself.
"Tell Kitty I'm sorry she couldn't come," he told Sano.

Ethaan stepped through the portal after Celia, and as soon as his feet hit grass his bearing seemed to relax. Only a little bit, but the rigid set to his shoulders loosened, and his hands uncurled.

"It's wonderful," he said, looking around, a peaceful expression on his face. It reminded him of the Golden Lands quite strongly, except for the floating part. Elves never stood for flashy things like that.
"I have never seen him so excited." Sano nodded at Celia. "He's so shy, that I'm glad he finally extended the invitation to dudes other than me!" He said, knowing very well he went to places without proper invitations all the time.

"Pretty isnt it?" Sano said as the portal closed behind him. "A world that is stuck in permanent spring! Occasionally the weather warms up a little, but never reaches summer." he nodded.

Sano knocked on the door, a little too energetically. "Dror dude! We're here!" he called merrily.
Dror 's ears twitched. People. He could hear people! They were just outside that door! Instantly his heart began racing, and he began to slowly inch himself away. They were there! People were there! What should he do?! He gulped nervously.

Flipping the pages of Kitty's notes frantically, he couldn't find anything more reassuring than the cheery line: "Relax and just be yourself!" He exhaled before slapping a hand to his face.

Strangely that seemed to help him feel a little better, but he still jumped when Sano banged on the door. "C-coming!" he said getting to his feet. He reached for the door, and hesitated for a moment before opening the door slowly. As soon as he saw everyone, particularly Celia, he had forgotten how to speak for a good minute. "Welcome." he said finally, and with the slightest trace of a smile.
Celia hid a laugh behind her hand and nodded towards Dror. "Hello to you too. How are you today?" She looked around, still beaming at the gorgeous scenery. "Thank you so much for inviting us. This place is simply stunning."
"Perpetual spring?" Ethaan echoed. "What an idea."

Much as he loved the Castle and all the accompanying weirdness, he couldn't help but wish it were a little more like this place. All quiet, and green, and secluded.

Well on second thought that would be just about the antithesis of the Castle. Couldn't have it both ways, he supposed.

He straightened up when Dror opened the door, and swallowed a smile at the dragon's flailing. He inclined his head. "Thank you for extending your hospitality," he said.
The air twinkled around Dror's face a little. "I am well, thank you Celia." he bowed to Celia, and opened the door wider to let everyone in.

The home was rather spacious, and clean for a single person to maintain. Everything from the floor to the ceiling was wooden, some with carved embroidery that looked to be something Dror himself was working on for most of the ceiling arches. Simple and decorative rugs in deep colors lay across most of the floors, and unusual potted flowers were tucked into odd corners or hung in windowsills.

There was a balcony straight across the room, where the warm spring breeze could easily blow into the room. To the left, was an awkward shaped living room, almost octagonal. There was a single leather couch, that was in front of a fireplace, with its back to a wall of dangerously heavy packed bookshelves. Even from the entrance hall, you could see the door to the kitchen beyond the living room.

To the right, was a room that split off in two directions, one likely to the bedrooms, and the other to the workshop.

Dror nodded to them both. "Not at all. I'm glad you two seem to like it here, I guess living in such a fertile place forever makes it a little hard to appreciate. But I just hope I can prove to be a good host, I don't regularly receive guests.." he said quietly.
"Yup! The only thing that changes is the flowers and raining seasons." Sano said to Ethaan. "You should see the land when its High Spring! The view here at Dror's is spectacular, and the special wines get made especially for that time of year." he smiled like a cat at the memory of the taste.

"I'll go set-up the guest rooms for you Dror, oh! Sir Ethaan." he whirled around dramatically. "Would you be too uncomfortable with sharing a room with me? I would rather have Celia gain her own room." Sano grinned a little mischievously.

"If you are too uncomfortable with it I can easily accommodate myself to something else."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff