Welcome to Gaia! ::

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Married 100
User Image

KaiX
                                                            ▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

There was a knock on the door. Ryu uttered. “I’ll get it.” She didn’t want to disturb the others so she volunteered to answer the door so no one else would have to. She took Joel with her, mostly for protection. When she opened the door she saw her father standing there. “Ryu, are you okay?” She smiled and nodded. “Yup. Actually I think I'm better than okay now.” She looked at Joel but soon her eyes looked back at her father. She looked past him to the car, it was empty. He knew what she was looking for. “I left him with his sister and parents. They are dealing with him. There far more effective at punishing him than I am.”

Hatori walked into the room and eyed Joel. At first he said nothing, just stared. As if assessing whether or not he was an actual problem that needed to be dealt with. His eyes drifted to Ryu, clearly no considering him a problem or at least a problem that needed to be dealt with right away. “Ryu, I know you’re enjoying yourself but it’s time to about time to go home we do have work in the morning. So begin your goodbyes while I talk to Landon.” This alerted Ryu. “Why are you going to talk to him?” But Hatori just waved off her concerns. “It’s about Nero and Asano.” It wasn’t, it was about Kai but his lie relaxed her a bit. “Oh, alright….Have you heard from Nero?” He shook his head. It was likely they wouldn’t hear from him for a while. So he wasn’t going to worry. Nero knew how to take care of himself when he needed to.

As he passed the pair he stopped and put his hand on Joel’s shoulder. “Know this young man. Hurt my daughter in any way and not even Landon will be able to save you from my wrath. Are we clear? Yes? Good.” He continued up the stairs without further pause. Heading down the hall. He wasn’t sure if the man was in his office but he knocked anyways. Waiting for an answer.

Ryu smiled at Joel. “Well….That didn’t go nearly as bad as I thought it would go.” She patted Joel’s shoulder. Because really it could have gone much worse. Kai came bouncing in with Akane. “Who was at the door?” Ryu smiled. “Hatori. Came to pick me up and talk to Landon.” Clearly Kai was confused. “Why are they talking? I thought they didn't like each other?” Even he knew those two didn’t see eye to eye. Even now Ryu still found it strange. “Fatherly stuff I think. Anyways don’t worry your pretty little head over it.” She pulled Kai into a hug. “Thank you so much for the wonderful evening. I know it wasn’t your original plan but I loved it all the same.” She kissed his cheek before looking at Joel. “Joel loved it to. Right?”

Timid Raider

6,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Joel VinterXXXXXXX]

Joel was a bit surprised when there was a knock on the door, and of course he couldn't help but think back to the time in which Cain and Teppei showed up to their doorstep, after all they weren't expecting anyone, unless it was Asano or Nero who came to apologize. So Joel was more than happy to follow Ryu as she got closer to the door, but he was also ready to block the entrance in case that it was needed. During his time in Paris, even if he had promised to loosen up a bit, he did practice with his own power. He couldn't let a situation like the one with Cain to happen ever again.

Thankfully enough it was Hatori, and it seemed like he was there to pick up Ryu, so they let him through. However as soon as Hatori was inside he glared at him. Joel got taken back for a minute, but he stood his place. He didn't knew if this was a way of seizing him up, but he wasn't going to relent. He had enough with Nero and he didn't wanted to fight his father as well. But it was soon over, and Hatori announced that he was there to pick Ryu up and talk with Landon, which was off-putting at first, but then he mentioned it was something related to Nero and Asano, so he couldn't say no to that. And it even seemed like Hatori didn't knew where his son was, but it didn't seem to worry him a lot. Nero knew how to care of himself, Joel thought.

However when he felt Hatori's hand on his shoulder he looked at him. He was telling him that if he ever hurt Ryu he would regret it. Joel sighed, and got serious "I understand, sir. I won't hurt her" That was the last thing on Joel's head, hurting Ryu. Even if this didn't worked in the end he wanted to make her happy. At least this wasn't the treatment he got from Nero, but Hatori wasn't that welcoming either. It seemed it would stay that way for a while.

Landon got to answer the door, thinking that it was Akane or Kai, and he was a bit surprised to see Hatori there, but not as much "...Come in" Landon wasn't being threatening, but rather more quiet. He let him enter and checked over to see if his daughters, Akane or Kai were around. Once he saw it was clear he closed the door and turned around to greet Hatori "I'm guessing you came from what happened today"

Joel nodded "I was fearing I would have to seize up to Hatori, something I don't wish. I had enough with one fight tonight" Besides Joel respected Hatori. The man had helped them way too many times, and he would have felt bad if he had to fight with him. They were soon distracted by Kai and Akane coming out of the kitchen, asking who was at the door. Like expected both were taken aback as to why Hatori wanted to talk with Landon. But something that Joel noticed though was that Akane seemed to have a little of a realization moment when Ryu said it was something 'fatherly'. Something she quickly changed for a little smile when Ryu praised Kai for their date. Something Joel knew he would have to think about it later. But for now he gave Kai a big smile "I did. You should put a dating agency, I'm sure that you would make a wonderful dates for people there" Of course he was joking, and he quickly went to mess Kai's hair, but just a little bit.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

KaiX

Hatori nodded as he entered. It was strange to hear Landon so, quiet. Usually he was more demanding. Not waiting he took a seat on the spare chair. He’d looked around the office, full of books, papers, and more books. “…No, well yes, though not exactly.” What happened today was part of the reason but not the entire reason for his visit, or their conversation. “What you asked of me, to find that…detestable young man. I have my best men on it, there watching him like a hawk.” He received text with that man’s exact location every hour. So he knew where he was at all times. “He won’t be able to take a s**t without me knowing. So now the ball is in your court.” He kept up his end of the deal by finding him. Now Landon needed to keep up his and tell his wife and son.

Now that they were done with Kai it was time to talk about his own children. First and foremost. “I apologize for my children especially my eldest. He crossed a line he shouldn’t have. I’m sure when he decided to show himself again he’ll apologize as well.” He bowed his head in apology. “I do hope you don’t hold this against him.” Nero was wrong but he had good intentions. That being said he was still wrong and Nero knew it. “Nero won’t show his face for a while.” Part of it was from shame and the other part was realization that he was no longer the sole protector of his family. “Don’t worry he’ll be fine trust me.” He uttered before Landon could begin to worry about hunters. “He’ll be fine. He knows how to take care of himself when he wants to. The boy knows how to cover his own tracks. It’s one of his few redeeming qualities.” Which meant neither the hunters nor them would be able to find him. “It’s best to leave him be, let him vent, and wallow. Besides even if we were to look for him he wouldn’t be able to find him. He could be half way across the global by now or down the street.” It’s always a tossup with Nero. “As for Asano….He’s being dealt with. Severely, you have my word on that.”

“No Hatori won’t pick a fight with you. He’ll threaten you but he won’t fight you. Not unless he thinks you’re a threat. So congratulations he don’t see you as a threat.” She patted him on the shoulder.

When Joel mentioned the dating agency she smiled. “Kai, expert love connector and date planner. Has a nice ring to it.” Kai blushed and shook his head. “I think I’ve had enough date planning for a while.” Considering how horrible it all started he didn’t think he’d want to do any of it again. Joel ruffled his hair and Kai couldn’t help but straighten his hair out afterwards. “Right you’re more of a plant whisper.” Ryu uttered which earned her a sheepish smile from Kai as he nodded. “Akane it must be nice to have a son with so many wonderful talents.”

Timid Raider

6,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Joel VinterXXXXXXX]

Landon tensed up as he turned around to Hatori, grabbing another chair for himself and sitting down. He had expected Hatori to do his job quickly, but in reality just hearing that he had his eye on that scum of a human just made Landon want to kill him with his own hands at that instant. But things had to wait. They had to break it first to everyone and then he would get his revenge "...Akane will know tonight. I was telling her, but Kai came in the room" For as much as he wanted to spare her the horror, he knew it was something necessary. And from what they left off and Hatori showing up he was sure Akane would have suspicions about what was going on "And Akira will know as soon as he comes back home. I'm guessing he's still looking for Nero"

And he was right. It seemed that when he wanted to Nero could hide himself pretty good. He doubted that Akira would be able to find him that night and would return frustrated. He would have to wait for a day so his son would calm down from it "I don't hold a grudge with Nero. But he must know I am not pleased with what he has done" Even if he apologized Landon knew he would keep a more watchful eye when he was with Kai "And apologize won't help when he knows" Landon was already guessing that when they had to break it down to Nero he would react badly, and he would be guilty for what had happened. Even if Landon's plan was to initially tell the news to Nero and Akira together he guessed it was for the best for his son to know first and help Nero through the whole thing "...Alright. But Kai won't be happy with Asano for a while" In reality if the boy didn't show his face for a while Landon would be happy, but again they had to break it down to him, and with this added up his reaction could get even more out of control.

"Oh, that's good to know" Joel said, just a bit tired. Even if it was reassuring to know that he was not considered a threat it didn't warmed his heart knowing Hatori would only threaten him.

Akane smiled and nodded, hugging Kai from behind "Oh yes, such a quick learner with so many talents. I'm sure if you put anything in your mind you can do it sweetie" Akane smiled and went to kiss his cheek, of course just to bother him a bit "Oh, maybe you could put a flower shop that doubled as an dating angency, dear?"

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

KaiX

If Hatori was honest he hadn’t expected Landon to actually tell his wife anything about Kai’s past. The man was so determined to keep his wife safe and happy that he would lie to her to do it. But Landon was being a man of his word it seemed. “I see….I’m not going to lie I’m honestly surprised. I figured you were going to chicken out of telling her.” Of course Kai interrupted sparring Landon for the moment. But there was also Akira. “Ah yes. Last I heard he was poking around Nero’s place. I plan to talk to him when I leave. Try to calm him down and also talk some sense into him.” Akira was not going to be happy with Nero gone.

“Oh I’m sure he knows. He knows none of us are pleased with what he’s said. I’m sure he’s no pleased with himself either. Hence why he’s hiding.” Nero cared for Kai. Hatori knew this to be a fact. “My son cares for yours deeply. Like he does for Asano and Ryu.” He wanted to shed light on his son, to let Landon know he did care. “My son is like yours. Someone who was orphaned by reckless parents and adopted. He only ever wanted Kai to feel as though he belongs with your family. To not doubt his place as he once had.” Nero had told him of what he’d done when Kai first came into the family. How he’d tried so hard to make sure everything went smoothly so that Kai wouldn’t be scared away or feel as though he did not belong. “My son said things out of anger. He will never forgive himself for it. When he knows…” He shook his head. No matter what whether he knew or not Nero would never forgive himself. He was going to need both Akira and Asano. “Oh I’m well aware. Perhaps that might be a more fitting punishment.” Asano being given the cold shoulder by Kai might very well be what really puts him in his place.

Kai blushed at all the complements and the kiss his mother planted on his cheek. “I’m not that quick of a learner.” He simply studied very hard that was all. “And modest to.” Ryu uttered. Kai sighed. He wanted to say he wasn’t but he felt it would be a lost cause to do so. His mother wasn’t helping. “I think that might be a conflict of interest.” Surely it had to be. He shook his head. “I’ll stick with flowers.” He’d only planned there date because it was Ryu and Joel, because they were family. Had it been anyone else he would have been, less inclined to do so.

Timid Raider

6,225 Points
  • Timid 100
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Partygoer 500
User Image

Joel VinterXXXXXXX]

Landon was not surprised when Hatori confessed he had expected him to lie to Akane. And in any other situation he would have, hidden the horrible truth from her and keep his son and her safe and without knowing anything. But he couldn't risk it. Sooner or later something would make Kai snap, and if Akane didn't knew she would blame herself for not knowing before and him for keeping this away "I don't blame you to doubt me. But I'm going to hold my word. Akane must know" In the end she was going to be critical over helping Kai. For as much as it pained him to bring this kind of thing to Akane again.

Nothing could prepare their sons for this. Landon knew that. This was not going to be easy months "Then we'll have to try to break it into parts between them. It will not be easy, though. You are doing good by calming Akira when you see him, but neither him or your sons will take this good" There was no way anyone could take this in a good way. With luck Akira would manage to find a way to not make Nero fall into a deeper shame for his words once he knew the truth "Perhaps. But we shouldn't be focusing on that" For as much as Landon wanted to punish the boy they had another thing they had to keep in mind.

Akane smiled at Kai's apparent defeat when he said that he would stick to flowers "Well, that's alright too. After all it was lovely to see all the flowers and plants you grew with Esmond" Akane smiled, praising him.

Omnipresent Gatekeeper

9,100 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Married 100
User Image

KaiX

“No your right it won’t be easy.” It would not be an easy thing for their son’s to hear. “The most we can hope for is to soften the blow by telling them now rather than when it’s too late.” Which he knew Landon didn’t want. If it were up to Landon he probably would have swept the entire thing under a rug, lost and forgotten, and his family happy. But that wasn’t how this worked. So they would be forced to tell their son’s now, to reduce the impact. “Your right, I just thought you should know.” He wanted Landon to know that Kai’s cold shoulder would be more than enough punishment for him, especially once he learned the truth. The guilt would haunt him as it did Nero. “…How is Kai? I assume well? He set up my daughter and your butler….Not an idea I’m overtly fond of…Not that I don’t like Joel, I do but well you know how it is. A father will never approve of anyone his daughter dates.” Landon was sure to understand the sentiment. He had three daughters and a rather angelic son. He was sure Landon didn’t approve of Asano and Kai’s relationship.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff