Welcome to Gaia! ::

User Image
He rubbed his face after the water bottle was thrown. "Listen, I know exactly how you feel, this happened to me years ago," he said. "You are somebody," Matt told her, "If I know anything it's that." He leaned in close to her, "You're parents would want you to live," he said reached out and touched her hand. "If anything you can join me, and help end this," he gave her a smile, "What do you say?"
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

"My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh."

User Image
When the boy said that this had happened to him, Lucia wasn't really shocked. It had to happen sooner or later, whether you wanted it to or not. "Yeah maybe.." She said softly when he said she was somebody.

"You're parents would want you to live,"

"That's very true." She said as she looked up to see the boy place his hand onto hers. He was closer than before it it made her really anxious. Her face blushed a bit. "M-My...My parents love me..." She stuttered. When she listened to what he had to say about her joining him, she was almost hesitant about it, but it wasn't like there was anywhere else she could go.

"What do you say?"

"I-I don't know how helpful I can be." She said quietly, staring him. "I'm frail, and frightened by many things. I have Anxiety which can paralyze me if it gets too bad. How can a child like myself help people when she can't even help herself...?" She asked, sighing. Everything she said was true. She never wanted to try new things because she always thought they would scare or hurt her. Well, in the world they lived in, almost anything would. She couldn't appreciate the world, because it was all in ruins.
User Image
"Don't worry about that right now," he said standing up while still holding her hand. "Just focus on surviving." The phone in his pocket rang, "I'm sorry," he said answering it, "Yes sir, yes sir, I might have an extra with me; I think they have potential," he hung up the phone and looked back over at her. "Well, I can't always guarantee safety, but if you come with me, I promise to do my best to protect you, what do you say?"
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

"My focus is to forget the pain of life. Forget the pain, mock the pain, reduce it. And laugh."

User Image
'Don't worry about it? how could I not....it's the only thing I do think about..' She thought before he made his way out from under the roots, signaling for her to come out with him. She followed him out, not even noticing he was still holding onto her hand. "Surviving... Well I'm good at it so far..." She said with a bit of sarcasm. It was true. If she thinks about what happened earlier today, she should be dead 2 times over, but she wasn't. She's lived 17 years of her life, and she's still not dead. Lucia looked down at his pocket that started to ring. Oh yeah, she left her phone at her house this morning before going to school. It's probably broken now. She didn't try to listen to their conversation, but hearing the word potential made her blush a bit. 'I don't think I have potential...' She thought. Lucia hesitantly hummed when he said he couldn't guarantee her safety, but she couldn't understand why he would want to protect her. "O-Okay..." She said softly, tightening her grip on his hand.
User Image
He looked down at their hands then back up in the direction they were walking in. This was the first time in a while he felt reliable. Even though he knew exactly what he was saying, the whole I'll protect you part came completely out of nowhere. Well, I made a commitment to her, I have no choice but to stick to it, he thought as a smile came across his face (rather creepily I might add). "So, am I finally going to learn your name Ms. Nobody," he asked looking back at her.
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

User Image
Lucia didn't really care for the fact that she was holding hands with a man she just met, or for the fact that she was even trusting someone other than her parents. But then again, she was alone, and she hated feeling that way. As they started to walk, she could hear the rumbles of nearby explosions, and it made her a bit hesitant to leave the forest. She looked up at The boy, who twisted his smile. She was drawn back by it, and creeped out a bit, only to really make her wonder what he was thinking about.

"So, am I finally going to learn your name Ms. Nobody,"

"H-Higasaki..." She said softly. "Lucia Higasaki." She wasn't entirely sure if her last name had importance anymore, but her first name was all she had to call her own. And her baking of course. The thought of it made her smile a bit, and look down. It was the one thing that she was proud of, but now the kitchen was destroyed. It made her lose the smile on her face, and sigh.
User Image
"Lucia Higasaki huh," He said, "That's a beautiful name, I'm Matthew Kidd by the way, or you can just call me Matt" he added. "Ah, well, here's our ride," He said pointing to a hum vi that was pulling up on the side of the road. A sergeant stepped out and looked Matt up and down, "So, you've failed your mission, then gathered the nerve to bring a civilian back too." Matt looked over at Lucia, "Yes sir, I'm sorry sir, but she is th-," he broke off remembering that Lucia's parents were just killed not to long ago, "T-the only survivor," he said as his voice lowered with each word. "Dammit, just get in the truck, and you," the sarge said turning to Lucia, "Just keep quiet and don't touch anything."
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

User Image
A beautiful name? she hardly thought so. "O-okay...Matt." She said blushing a bit. It was kind of embarrassing to call him by his first name even though they just met but if he wanted her to call him that, then she couldn't say no. Lucia let go of Matt's hand as soon as the hum vi rolled up next to them when they exited the forest. 'How did they know we were here?' She thought, as she watched a man step out of the car, and stare at the two. 'Failed a mission?' She asked herself. When she heard him rudely talk to Matt, she couldn't help but stare at him, but as soon as she did, he glared down at her.

"Just keep quiet and don't touch anything."

Lucia couldn't help but glare at the man. She puffed out her cheeks and stammered. 'I can't...believe.... this man!!' She yelled in her head, before stepping into the car. "Be quiet. don't touch anything. mleehh..." She repeated in a sarcastic tone under her breathe in the car. Then stuck out her tongue. 'a** hole..' She thought.
User Image
Matt looked over at Lucia and chuckled a little. "He can be a hard a** but he means well," he whispered over to her. Then he turned his attention back to the sergeant, "Sir, they surrounded Peterson and I at the 8th St. Business Building," he said pulling out an empty container. "We had no chance of escaping, but the good news is they don't know how to use the device, so we should have a huge jump on them." The sarge stared down at the container with a disappointed look on his face, then a look of intrigue crossed his face at Matt's last statement. "Where are the plans to make it," he asked rubbing his chin. "Well, sir, the main objective was to grab the device for ourselves but I took it a step further by securing the plans, I think if we put some of our labs guys on it, by tomorrow we will have it ready for use." The sarge nodded his head as he listened, "Good, because your next assignment starts as soon as we make it. He threw a sealed envelope over to Matt. Matt opened it, quickly read through the letter that was inside, then smirked, "Understood." The sarge leaned in and lit the envelope while Matt stuffed the letter back in, "What are you going to do about her than?" Matt looked over to Lucia, "She's coming with me sir, I promised to look over her."
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

User Image
Lucia felt relieved that Matt had called his sergeant a hard a**. But meaning well? didn't seem like it to her. She had never met anyone so rude and cruel. Not unlike Matt. He cared even though he didn't have to. Lucia stared out the window of the moving car, and could only think of her parents faces. How they would smile and hug her with love every time she came home. How every night they told her they loved her. And every morning gave her one more hug before she left for school. But now that was all over. Who was she going to hug, and love? Who was going to love her, and appreciate what she did. She tried not to listen into their conversation when they began to speak, but it was a little hard to resist. They, and the device were the only things that she really caught. She already knew who they were, but what device were they talking about? Did she dare look? She decided to look down at her lap instead of outside. It started to give her a head ache just looking at the crumbling towns. She perked her head up when she heard the sergeant speak of her, and looked over at Matt when he said she's go with him. She wanted to smile, but she thought she would rudely smirk too hard at the sergeant if she did, she she just stared at Matt.
User Image
After driving for about three hours they arrived at an all black building surrounded heavily by security guards. As they pulled into the underground parking garage and got out Matt helped Lucia out of the truck. "Lucia, I'm going to take you over to my apartment," he said. "There's something important we need to talk about," Matt looked over at her and smiled. "It's going to be a dozey," he said heading over to his apartment.
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

User Image
Lucia was a bit tired from being in the car for so long, and her back was killing her. She didn't want to relax because of the sergeant, so she was tense the whole time. When the car stopped, Lucia looked out of the window, only to set her eyes on a huge black building surrounded by heavily security guards. They were all so serious looking. 'I guess they have to be..' She thought, before shifting her eyes over at Matt who made his way out oft he truck, and held out a hand to help her out. She smiled and grabbed his hand, letting him guide her out of the truck and on the ground.

"Lucia, I'm going to take you over to my apartment,"

"O-oh, well okay." She said softly. 'I don't understand what so important that he can't tell me here..' She thought. 'Dozey?' She asked in her mind. "Well okay if you say so." She said, following beside him.
User Image
When they got to his apartment he unlocked the door and allowed her to walk in first. It was mostly clean without a lot of stuff lying around. A pile of books on his coffee table and an opened newspaper on the kitchen counter. "Well, welcome home," he said jokingly sitting down on his couch. "You can make yourself at home if you want; take a shower, grab something to eat, it doesn't matter to me," he told her opening a holographic computer from a device on the arm of his couch.
User ImageUser Image
~Higasaki Lucia~

User Image
Lucia did her best to stay beside Matt, since she didn't want to lose him. They finally reached his place, and she only knew because he started to take out his keys. As soon as he stopped, she stopped. Lucia watched as Matt took out some keys from his pocket, and unlocked the door in front of him. He signaled for her to go in first. "Thanks for having me.." She said in a soft tone, before taking off her shoes, and stepping inside. "welcome...home.." She said softly. "T-thankyou."
Lucia watched as Matt went over to his couch to pull out a holographic computer. "Uhm.. I would like to take a shower, but I don't have any other clothes. I don't want to burden you.." She said to him. Since she was running around and in the woods earlier, she felt as though she didn't smell very good, and her school clothes were quite dirty.
User Image
"Trust me, your not a burden at all," he said patting the seat next to him indicating she could take a seat. "It's nice to have someone over here other than myself for once," he told her smiling. He reached into his pocket and pulled out his pocket, "I'll call someone to bring you an extra set of clothes and you can wash what you have on now once they show up, okay," he said kicking his feet up. "I'm not going to lie, I like having you around," he said. "I don't really know why though."

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff