═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor
What can I get myself into this year?

My owl: Aristotle
My wand: 10 3/4 in., Holly, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Flexible

══════════════

Quinn watched with a half smirk on her face as Dane lifted her hand to his lips. As he kissed her fingers she rolled her eyes but then slipped her arm through his, and gave it a tight squeeze. "I'm glad you'll be so honored," she said with a light tone, "Because I can't say you had much of a choice." Then, she pulled him along beside her. Eight flights in heels was going to be a feat. Quinn never wore heels. Frankly, she liked being short. It gave people the opportunity to underestimate her. Plus, walking in the four inch heels she was presently wearing felt like stilts to her. She'd never tell Dane, but she'd been wearing them around the girls dormitory for the past few days to get used to them. Even once or twice in the middle of the night she went up and down the stairs. She was rather confident. Plus, being next to Dane didn't make her feel any taller. He still towered over her, but now she reached his shoulder.

Soon enough, they'd reached the bottom of the stairs, and Quinn was smiling goofily. She hadn't stumbled once. She used her free hand to flatten out her skirt and proceeded to half drag Dane into the Potions room. When all of the desks were gone and there was light streaming in, it almost seemed cheery. The room had been decorated with deep purple and fabric streamed through the rafters. As Quinn had suspected, there were tiny platters of Hors d'oeuvres and tons of students, and people she'd never seen swaying around the middle of the room. Powderfloop stood in the corner mingling with a dark man with hooded eyes and someone Quinn recognized.
Allain Dawlish, head Auror at the Ministry of Magic was smiling fondly (if somewhat crookedly) at Powderfloops conversation. Her eyes opened really and she turned to look at Dane. "That's Allain Dawlish!" she said with excitement, "He's so cool!" She felt a little nerdy, but quite honestly she couldn't help herself. "And," she said, popping up on her toes, "He's a muggleborn fighting for pureblood rights."

"Come meet him with me, Dane, please," she begged, but then without waiting for an answer she walked over. It took her professor a moment to notice her, but when he did, his eyes lit up. "Quinn, so glad you could make it!" he exclaimed as he clasped her hand. After he was done thoroughly shaking it he turned back to his company. "This is Quinn Phillips," he clapped a hand on her back, "She's a very promising student and an aspiring auror." He raised his eyebrows in Dawlish's direction. "Quinn I'd like to introduce you to Drewmond Picket, a practiced broommaker." She shook hands with the droopy eyed man. "And, although I'm sure you know who he is-" Quinn interupted, "Alain Dawlish," She extended a hand, "Most talented auror in over a century." Dawlish nodded politely, "That's what they say anyways," he said in a bright tone. Powderfloop clapped his hands together and looked back and forth between Quinn and Alain, but then he noticed Dane. "And this is Dane, he's a McAddams wouldn't you know it?" The man gave a hearty laugh, "He happen's to be Quinn's partner in crime, so to speak. Though I can't say what they do can be called a crime. Two flawless students!" Quinn glanced at Dane, knowing that the trouble they got into made them anything but flawless.

══════════════

Battle-ready Shapeshifter

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

It was a rare occasion to see Quinn so girly and giggly, and Dane was particularly glad that she was with him, and not that...kid. Dane liked to think to himself that she was only acting like this with him, but to be perfectly honest, he wasn't really sure how she acted with Atticus. For the most part, Dane had avoided them, and since Quinn didn't exactly approve of his new girlfriend, Quinn wasn't really going out of her way to see how they interacted either. Honestly - his relationship with Chloe can be narrowed down to one word - snogging. And there was a lot of it. Dane's lips would end up chapped by dinner time just about every day. But somehow, having someone on his arm was comforting, and a good distraction from his troubles with Atticus.

Dane already had a glass of punch in his hand when they met the auror, and immediately Dane could see the confidence and excitement exuding from his best friend. "Most talented auror in over a century." This was obviously a big deal for her. This was the kind of deal that could make a career, just as it had done for Dane - if anyone knew about networking it was him. "He happen's to be Quinn's partner in crime, so to speak. Though I can't say what they do can be called a crime. Two flawless students!" Dane smiled. At least he was on the potion's master's good side - and that was mainly what he wanted to accomplish tonight. As for Quinn, he didn't really want to cramp her style. After all, he wasn't the one under judgement in this situation. "Well, I would be nowhere if Quinn didn't help me pass that paper on Sleep Potions last month!" Dane flashed a smile and then figured that Quinn might want to talk to this guy. Besides, his stomach was feeding a little hollow and that was a feeling that Dane never allowed himself to get used to.

Walking over to the table, he glanced at the various colored sweets and picked up a plate. He started piling as much of everything that he could fit on it and as much as he could fit in his mouth. His cheeks were practically bulging when he felt a familiar tug on his pant leg. He practically choked on the gummies that were making their way down his throat when he looked at Cassie's blue eyes looking up at him. Now wait a minute...what was she doing here? This party was private, and certainly not open to first years. "Cassie!" He kept his voice somewhat low, not wanting to get her in trouble. "What are you doing here? I don't take you for a party crasher!" She definitely wasn't...as a matter of fact, she was more one to follow the rules while Dane preferred to break them. Obviously something was wrong.

Cassie hated worrying him. And Dane managed to get worried about her anyway. "Um..." She clearly didn't know what to say. The truth was...she wasn't really sure what had happened. Sometimes when Cassie had a vision she would black out. All she knew was that she must have said something to a rather menacing looking Slytherin boy who was now chasing after her. She hated Halloween. Most of the holiday she hardly remembered - because she was constantly blacking out. It was as though there was a greater spiritual energy in the air today than there was usually. "I just got lost...trying to find the party. And then I saw your here so..." It seemed that whatever happened to her, Cassie didn't want to talk about it. And Dane wasn't exactly one to pry. He was here for her anyway, so it wasn't like anyone could get to her. The problem was...she was at a private party...well maybe Dane could get away with it. It wasn't like the girl was causing any harm, and potions was her favorite class anyway. Besides she was certainly dressed for it.

Dane smiled at her and stood up a little bit taller, towering over the first year blonde. Cassie glanced over at Quinn...suddenly feeling out of place. It seemed that, since Dane was spending less time with her, so was Cassie. And every since their little chat after the Slytherin quidditch game, Cassie had sort of been less comfortable with the redhead. Cassie really only told the people that she was close with that she was a seer. Of course Dane knew because he was just about her only friend. Stuffing another chocolate gummy ball into his mouth, Dane watched as Quinn spoke to the auror, watching their faces to see if the conversation was going well, while simultaneously placing one hand on Cassie's shoulder protectively.

((Sorry I haven't posted in so long but I REFUSE to let this roleplay die. XD I have way too many plans - I just haven't really had the inspiration in my mountains of stress lately. But here it goes! Please message me on Meebo soon~~~ ;D ))

█████████████████ ███ █████████████████
    song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn faltered a little bit when Dane left. She was hoping he would stay so that she could use him for support. However, it only took a moment for her to regain her smile. Allain Dawlish seemed to notice her pause and began speaking, "Well I certainly won't deny that we need more flawless students heading for the auror trade." For a second, Quinn didn't understand what he meant, but when she figured it out she popped up on her toes a little bit, "Oh! That's right. The majority of auror funding has been transferred into Pureblood management. Jobs too, correct?" Dawlish's mouth turned up with an air of interest. "Yes, Ms. Phillips. It's nice to see a young woman so informed. I suppose the ministry would rather prevent anything than fix it once it's happened," he said. Quinn was quick to respond, "I don't think their doing the right kind of prevention. I mean, Dane is a pureblood and he's the furthest thing from an "aspiring dark wizard"."

"Of course, I agree. It's simply oppressive!" Dawlish said. He seemed intent on saying more but Powderfloop interjected. "I am so glad to see you too hitting it off!" he said with a chuckle, "Perhaps there's and opportunity in store for her, eh, Allain?" "Perhaps," Dawlish responded, "I do believe I'll be in touch." Quinn smiled, taking as her cue to leave, and said, "Lovely meeting you." Then with a quick handshake, she turned away. She glanced around the room for Dane, but at first she didn't see him. So, she went to move around the dance floor only to be immediately bowled over by a rather large boy from Slytherin. Consciously aware that most everyone, including Dawlish, was likely looking at her she spoke quietly. "Next time maybe watch where you're going, Flash," she said as she stood. The Slytherin was still on the ground and stood. He was probably Dane's height.

He looked angry at her comment, but said nothing and turned away. "Git," Quinn muttered under her breath as she rubbed her wrist. She'd landed on it wrong and it was quickly turning a nice shade of puce. However, soon after she spotted Dane. She didn't, though, notice Cassie until she was already standing next to Dane. "Um, Cassie?" she asked, half to the first year, half to Dane.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane looked to Cassie and then to Quinn and shrugged. Quite frankly, he didn't know why Cassie was there. And ever since Quinn tried to talk to her at their last Quidditch game, Cassie has been slightly uncomfortable around Quinn. Yea, she knew that she and Dane were best friends, but lately they weren't really acting like it. They saw each other a lot less than they used to, and these facts, adding to Cassie' lack of comfort around the girl, was enough to make her not want to get close to her. Because, generally getting close to Cassie meant probably discovering her secret. And considering that Quinn was already, quite clearly suspicious of it, Cassie definitely didn't want that. Therefore, she had to minimize the time spent with the older girl, especially tonight, as it was Halloween.

So why is Halloween relevant. Well, Halloween happens to be a very strange night. There are a lot of strange, spiritual energies floating around, especially in the wizarding world. It's not just the superstitious who notice things on this day in particular...and that's purely due to the fact is that there are more things to be suspicious of during this holiday. And with the abundance of strange energies meant that...people like Cassie...were highly susceptible to sporadic, uncontrollable visions. And considering that, at this very moment, Cassie's eyes had grown wide and her blue eyes barely moves from straight ahead of her, it wasn't looking good if she wanted to hide her secret from Quinn...or all these people at the party for that matter.

Dane of course, knew her secret. He also knew that she didn't want other people noticing, including Quinn. Now Dane generally didn't keep things from Quinn, but considering that it wasn't really his secret to give, and the fact that he'd been spending more time with Cassie lately, made this an exception. So when he saw her begin to act a little strangely, he quickly tried to snap her back to reality. Nervously and quickly, Dane interrupted Cassie apparently stream of thoughts, which were more than likely far from this world. But still, he forced a smile...he was not very good at lying was he?

"A-Are you even allowed to be here right now?"

Blinking a few times, Cassie came back. And smiled casually. Perhaps she was a little bit better at deceit, considering how much negatively greeted her otherwise.

"Oh! Actually I was invited!" She said very enthusiastically. This was a bit of a surprise, and definitely something to be proud of, since first years were never invited. But the girl happened to be quite the potioneer.

That explained why she was so dressed up. And then Dane's mind fell right back on track. He put one hand behind the back of each lady at his side and gestured them forward a little bit. "Well, come on then! The food table looks so lonely over there!" Still, he couldn't help but notice a strange glare from Flash and his dim-witted disciples in Quinn's direction. Maybe it was a good thing that he and Quinn, and probably Cassie too, would be leaving for the next party soon.

Song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn looked concernedly back and forth between Dane and Cassie. The first-year wouldn't keep eye contact so Quinn let her eyes rest on Dane's face. She was just about to ask him what how Cassie got there but instead Dane blurted out "A-Are you even allowed to be here right now?" Quinn glanced quickly to Cassie just in time to see her blink a few times too many. Quinn cocked her head to the side but Cassie was quick to give a genuine smile that put her at ease.

When Cassie spoke of her invite, Quinn's face lightened. "I didn't know you were good at potions," she said with an excited smile. Quinn was just happy that she and the odd little first-year had something in common. Maybe a connection could make it less awkward for them. Maybe. "Do you ever dabble outside of class?" she asked quickly. Quinn was always interested in others discoveries. Dane interjected before Cassie could get an answer in, but Quinn gladly let him push her towards the food table. "Dane, the food is surrounded by people," she quipped, but put up no further fight. She was truly starved.

After shoving a few finger sandwiches in her mouth Quinn looked from the crowds of the party to Dane. "Come on Dane," she said slyly, "Let's dance!" She grabbed her friends hand and yanked him into the middle of the room. Quinn wasn't a very good dancer, but Dane had always been, so she let him lead. Even though she wasn't the best, she loved dancing and soon enough got comfortable enough to tear her eyes from her feet. It was pure fun for her, dancing with her best friend. However, she wasn't as safe in her heels as she needed to be.

After only half of a song had passed, Quinn stumbled back and let he heel fall directly on someone's foot. When she turned to apologize, her face fell on the brute from before. She wasn't able to get a word out before he gave a hard push at her shoulders. Quinn's wand was out before she hit the ground. She thought better of shouting a spell when she noticed a few professors and Dawlish headed in their direction, but her wand stayed raised. Flash's cronies were quickly behind him and a crowd began to gather.

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Cassie looked rather uncomfortable standing with the two upper class men by the food table. Dane was busy shoving enough fruit cakes into his cheeks that he looked like a chipmunk. And Quinn was eyeing the Slytherin boys who were eyeing her right back. For lack of anything better to do, Cassie took a few cubes of cheese onto a small plate and tried to enjoy herself. Maybe she shouldn't have come tonight at all. But she wanted to have a good impression on the potions master. She was a rather gifted potioneer so it was probably a good idea for her to at least show her face. But maybe now that she had, she could leave, just go to bed, and let Halloween be done with already.

Her thoughts were brought back in full swing when the warmth of Dane standing next to her was yanked away, quite literally, on to the dance floor. Though, while Dane was hoping to have more goodies, he was rather content dancing with his friend. She was pretty swift on his feet, and light footed, which was in stark contrast with his rather heavy structure. Yet he spun Quinn around like she was a wind up toy. This was probably the most comfortable he had felt with his friend in a while. They didn't have to talk, they didn't have any distractions. It was just the two of them, like it always had been. Dane felt a smile coming to his lips when he noticed that she was even wearing the dragon bracelet he had gotten her in New Zealand. Unfortunately, Dane's perfect little moment was shattered when Quinn took a slight misstep out of their bubble.

The situation looked bad. Cassie watched, still standing at the refreshments table. There was Quinn, wand out, Flash and his boys, Dane getting up to speed behind Quinn, and all of them being approached by the professor. Cassie knew she had to do something. Even if she wasn't close with Quinn, the fact that the professor was walking over couldn't be a good thing. She was interjecting - she ran in front of the professor with a forced smile on her face. "Professor! I wanted to thank you for those new potions books! I'm almost halfway through them...they're really fascinated." She was getting a headache, making a conscious effort to not let anything intrude on her mind. Hopefully they didn't notice her feet wavering somewhat. Thoughts began to run through her head. They were about Quinn. Cassie swallowed them and continue the conversation with the professor, who, for the moment, was successfully distracted.

Dane was reacting similarly. He came up behind Quinn and put one hand on her wand arm and leaned into her ear, whispering. "Take a deep breath. Why don't we just go to a different party? This one's getting a little crowded." Quinn obviously wanted to do something about these Slytherin boys, and Dane knew that wasn't a good idea. Maybe Quinn wouldn't be too pleased with Dane's method of calming her down, but he believed it was the right thing to do, given who was watching.

song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn's chest was heaving and she was dangerously close to being caught in the heat of the moment. However, before she could do anything she felt Dane's hand on her shoulder. She took a deep breath, like he said, but didn't lower her wand. Instead, she let her eyes dart around the room. Most eyes were on her, but as they noticed her looking they went back to their mingling. The Slytherins now had wands in their hands, Quinn noted, but they were holding them low. She could cast just one spell, just to make a point. She knew the boys could never out-magic her. Her eyes darted to one spot of the room: her professor.

Quinn was incredibly surprised to find that he wasn't looking. In fact, he was looking down at Cassie. Quinn didn't notice Allain Dawlish still watching her with intrigue, she was too fixated on the first-year. What was she doing? Quinn blinked a few times then turned her head towards Dane. "You know, you're right," she said lowering her wand and shooting a nasty look at the Slytherins. "Maybe we can find better company at Nick's." She tucked her wand in the folds of her dress and blew past her new "friends". Most of the crowd had returned to their business at this point. On her way out she noticed Dawlish in the corner and gave a professional nod and then a smile.

Before she and Dane could get through the doors though, Quinn turned around. "Cassie?" she called, "Would you care to join us? We're headed to Nick's death-day party." She wouldn't have asked normally. Her relationship with the girl was awkward. But Quinn just had a feeling Cassie had stepped in to help.

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane took a deep breath when Quinn had apparently decided to let the problem go. It was more like Dane to step away from a potential fight. He didn't really like to get in trouble, not to mention how it looked. He really only intervened when it was necessary, and in those cases, it was rarely an aggressive type of intervening. Quinn on the other hand wasn't quite like that. Maybe it was the auror in her but she was quick to take out her wand against just about anyone who crossed her. Dane couldn't help but think that there were a lot of people who were "crossing" her nowadays. He was just thankful that Dane had not been on that list to date.

When Quinn addressed her, Cassie's head turned away from the professor briefly. She dismissed herself from the conversation casually and quickly caught up to the pair that was leaving. Cassie felt a bit dizzy, and she grabbed onto Dane's lavender sleeve as they left as though to steady herself, but she didn't say anything further. Dane was also rather quiet. He couldn't help but to think to himself what Chloe was up to tonight, or whether he would be seeing Atticus at the Death Day party. Sometimes Dane thought that Atticus flaunted his relationship with Quinn for the purpose of bothering Dane. But he would never actually say that out loud, since he knows that it would upset Quinn if he ever voiced that.

This environment was much darker, much louder, and more chaotic. Plus, the teacher's supervision was much more casual in this environment. After a quick scanning of the room, Dane was glad to find that Atticus wasn't there. He let out a sigh of relief and felt his arm lightly touch the small of the back of each of the girls standing next to him. "Well this is different." He said with a smirk, knowing full well that Quinn would prefer this. However, darkness and chaos, meant risk for more dark and chaotic events.

song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn barely felt Dane's hand when he touched her. Nick's deathday party was her favorite event of the year. Embarrassingly enough, Quinn was an unparalleled history nerd. True, she'd never tell Dane, but she found the past fascinating. She took a quick look around the room to see what ghosts she could see. She couldn't spot Nick but she saw his good friend Evelina who was poisoned in his day, and Xi, on older wizard from East Asia who had been considered a genius (that is, until he accidentally killed himself). Quinn loved a good crop of ghosts and her eyes continued to flit around the room eagerly until they fell on the one ghost she hoped wouldn't have been in attendance.

Evan was a 5th year during the first battle of Hogwarts and was killed by a death eater in his sleep. Every single year Evan would find Quinn and follow her around all night continuously trying to hold her hand and boast about his "bravery" while "fighting" in the battle. Quinn found him unbelievably creepy. Not to mention, every time he tried to grab her hand it felt like she'd been dunked in ice. However, before Quinn could turn to Dane to complain, she felt that familiar icy feeling. Nick had come up from behind and given her a pat on the back. After shivering for a moment Quinn spun to face Nick. "Nick!" she said loudly, "Happy deathday!"

"Thank you Quinn. I do say I didn't quite expect you to show up. And you brought friends." Nick's tone was dreary, as usual, but Quinn could tell he was happy. "Mr. McAddams how long do you suppose it'll take you to get spooked this year?" Quinn chuckled. Back in their first year, Dane had run from the room as soon as the headless horsemen entered and Nick liked to bring it up every year. Nick turned to glance at Cassie. "Oh hello dear girl, Let's see, we met at the banquet did we not? Cassandra, was it?" Nick paused when he noticed Cassie looked a little off balance. "Are you all right? You have an unmistakable pallor. I would offer you food but I understand the living don't care much for the rotten."

Quinn laughed lightly and took a quick glance to the side. To her horror Evan was standing there. "My fetching lady! It's been too long for us! May I have this dance?" Quinn stepped away from the ghost's outstretched hand. "Evan, you know full well we can't dance. Besides, I have a boyfriend this year." Quinn took looked at Dane for help but Evan thought the look was a gesture. "This guy?" the ghost said loudly, "Come on, Quinncess, I thought you were better than that! Going for true bravery and intelligence! Not looks and an idiotic expression!" Quinn just rolled her eyes.

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Everything was a lot louder here. Not just surrounding her, but in her head. Having a vision can be different every time depending on the intensity. Sometimes she wouldn't even realize that she's having one as words just seem to come out of her mouth like she would have a conversation. And then she'd sort of "wake up" not knowing what she had said. And then there are other times that the vision is so loud that she sees it happening right in front of her, and no matter how hard she tries, she can't seem to get the pictures to stop overtaking reality. From what she's learned from books, the feeling is similar to someone plunging their head into a pensieve, without having the ability to come out of the memory. And right now it felt like every movement around her was in slow motion, and looking at certain things triggered flashes of new images. She just needed to act natural, and focus on something. She needed to pay attention to something that she, well, hoped, wouldn't trigger a vision.

She watched as Dane approached Quinn who seemed to be occupied by a strange looking ghost she had never seen before. He was tall, and wearing armor, but he also looked skinny. Well, at least next to Dane who was broad and muscular. Dane rolled his eyes at the insult. Fine, if the ghost wanted to play it that way, Dane would give it right back to him. Besides, he had a bit of an advantage. He took Quinn by the wrist and spun her around quickly, and caught her swiftly as she leaned back low towards the ground, Dane leaning in with her. "Well...I guess there are other qualities she looks for, too." Dane smiled the way he always did, confidently...maybe a little bit too much so.

Cassie focused in on how quickly Dane was able to move, it was pretty impressive. But she had a flash, things were moving in slow motion again. And before she knew it, her body was moving against her will too, as someone shoved her shoulder. Her voice escaped her lips before she even thought about it. "Don't touch me." Her feet took a few extra steps to get back on balance, and then she looked up at who approached her. Dane seemed to hear her, because he looked, and practically dropped Quinn on the ground in that instance. But then got control and brought her back to a standing position. This wasn't good. Cassie was now surrounded by a group of guys that were at least twice her size. It was a group of Slytherin boys...a group of boys who had a tendency of picking on the strange or different. And apparently Cassie must have said something to offend them. "Do you really think you could say something like that to me and get away with it."

They were big, but so was Dane. Quinn and Cassie surely knew that Dane wasn't the fighting type. But he had sort of taken this role as Cassie's protector, and wasn't about to let some bullies pick on her. He quickly found his way between the two groups with his hands up and a smile on his face. "Aw come on now...it's a party we should be celebrating, right?" The biggest Slytherin snarled back, "Oh we'll make it a party all right." Cassie could see the boy's fist tightening around his wand. And Dane's hands were still up trying to hold up the fight. "Watch out!"

What a night this was turning out to be.

song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn waited for Dane's reaction. She wanted him to slip into the boyfriend role to get Evan off of her back, but they hadn't pretended to be a couple since before Quinn had started dating Atticus. However, to her relief, she felt Dane's hand on her wrist. Before she knew it he'd twirled her in a way that made her seem graceful and she was close to the ground secure in his arms. After his remark Quinn smiled and said to Evan, "See, I know how to pick 'em." She threw a wink in at Dane but broke to catch the breath in her throat.

Dane had almost dropped her. That was when Quinn knew something was wrong. Dane was steady. As soon as he had her back on her feet she craned her neck to see past him. She thought she heard Evan say something but she paid no attention. There were four massive Slytherin boys standing around Cassie. Clearly Dane was stepping in to protect her. Even if Quinn wasn't close to Cassie, she still wasn't happy with them messing with her. As Dane had a short exchange with the boys, Quinn stepped around and reached for her wand hidden in her dress. After the biggest one issued what Quinn took as a threat she took a step towards Cassie. She wasn't about to let them hurt an eleven year old girl. And even if Dane wasn't one to fight, Quinn certainly was.

Quinn was able to react to Cassie's warning before Dane was and she quickly slid in front of him with her wand pointed at the face of the biggest Slytherin. He as had his wand to her face and all of the boys behind him did as well. Luckily, he'd refrained from casting when she'd moved. "You're a redhead," he said dumbly. Quinn tensed when he spoke but her anticipation turned to confusion. "Oi," the Slytherin continued, not moving his eyes from Quinn, "Is this the girl you were talking about, Julian?" The boy from the potions party moved out from behind him. "Yeah, yeah thas' her," he said. Quinn's face hardened. "You should really know not to mess with our house."

The ghosts didn't seem to notice at all the squabble. They weren't usually concerned in the affairs of the living so Quinn had no problem at all stupifying every last Slytherin there. However, just as she was about to say the spell she heard an "Expelliarmus!" from the boy to the right. Her wand flew into the air and she watched in surprise as he caught it. Upon closer inspection she found that he was the second best kid in her Defense class. Of course. The biggest laughed and took a few steps closer. Quinn, in turn, stepped back, bumping into Dane's chest. "I don't have a problem with hurting a girl," the biggest said. She saw Cassie out of the corner of her eye and was slightly relieved that she had diverted the attention, but the relief disappeared when the boy's wand was pressing into her throat. "What should we do to them?"

Meanwhile, Chloe was leaning against the dungeon walls with her friend Eliza. "Come on, Chloe," she pleaded, "Trevor told me the ghosts don't care what we do and we can't get caught drinking at the party!" Chloe made a face, "I wasn't looking to go out tonight." Although, Chloe knew as well as Eliza did that she'd go. She broke her stare and let out a smile that Eliza soon mirrored. "Yes!" she said as she flounced off. Chloe followed slowly, rolling her eyes. Once they reached the party, Chloe let Eliza scan the room for her boyfriend. As soon as she spotted him, she grabbed her by the wrist and dragged her across the room to him.

"Trevor, what's going on?" Eliza asked. Chloe was even more confused. Trevor and a few of her other friends were all at arms against Dane, and, ah, she should've guessed. The freaky first year and Quinn Phillips were both standing close by. Quinn much too close. Trevor glanced at Eliza and explained, "This girl and her friends have been messing with us all night. They've been following us around and screwing with us." "That's a lie-" Quinn said but was cut off with a quick, "Shut up," from Trevor. "C'mon guys," Chloe said, "I'll get Dane off your back. I'm sure he didn't mean whatever he's done."

Eliza smiled, "Oh right! You have a thing with him!" Chloe nodded once and then shoved Quinn away from Dane. Laying a hand on his chest she said quietly, "Come on Dane, you don't have to take this. This party's lame anyway." She smiled and kissed him which made Quinn make a short gagging noise. Probably would have been longer if the Slytherin boy wasn't insisting on keeping his wand raised.

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane was a little confused. Quinn knew that Dane wasn't exactly the brightest guy around, but he wasn't stupid either. There was just a lot going on and all he really wanted to do was enjoy his night. But as usual, no one was going to let him. Even with his hands up and his smile on his face, these guys didn't seem to want to back down. And then, for some reason, they turned the whole thing on Quinn. And then there were spells flying! But everything seemed to stop when he felt familiar long finger nails running their way down his chest. And then everything seemed to slow down to a much calmer pace. Dane had managed to get by through this whole scene without taking his wand out, and Cassie standing idly behind him.

Dane was about to explain what had really happened. Something along the lines of Quinn, himself, and Cassie weren't really doing anything wrong. He opened his mouth to find Chloe's lips instead. And frankly, that was enough to clear any stream of though he had running through his head. He was a guy, and she was a really good kisser. Did Dane actually think that she was using her body to manipulate him? Of course not. He was a little bit preoccupied to think that, and boy did she keep him preoccupied. And besides, she had a pretty sweet deal. Dane was a good boyfriend, kind and attentive. He was confident enough to handle himself. He was certainly good looking. And then...he was rich and about to be an international Quidditch star. So if Chloe was smart, which apparently she was, she would do anything in her power to keep his mind blank under that...claw of polished fingernails.

Chloe wanted to leave. And, like he had easily folded under her, he was prepared to go with her as she pulled her lips from his. No, wait, there was a problem here just moments ago right? He scratched his head, and looked at his best friend. This night was supposed to be about him and Quinn. He had to make sure she was okay with what had happened first. "See? It was just a big misunderstanding." He said smiling at her, his hand somewhere else, making its way around Chloe's waist.

song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Chloe Vendett
═════════════
-----

The//Malicious
Paranoid//Slytherin
We'll see who they want to mess with when I'm done with them.

My rat: Tito
My wand: 13 in., Elm, Unicorn Hair, Rigid

══════════════

Chloe knew what she was doing when it came to a little trickery with Dane. Well... with any boy. They all melted under her. Luckily, Dane was a catch in his own right so Chloe felt the situation was a win, win. When Dane spoke she smirked and took a short side glance at Quinn. She could feel that she'd broken the initial tension, but she hoped that the redhead wouldn't be too happy with her precious Dane and would leave him to Chloe for the night.

However, Quinn was much more focused on the other Slytherins. They too had responded to Dane's comment and the one at arms against her had made the mistake of beginning to relax his wand arm. She quickly snatched the wand from his and and said "Accio wand." After her own wand was safely returned to her hand, Quinn dropped the boy's wand. "I think we're done here," she said a little smugly and then turned to Dane and Chloe. She had pretty much learned that Chloe was a big weakness to Dane and getting angry with him would accomplish nothing. So Quinn said calmly to Chloe directly, "This is my night, with my best friend. Go find a bloody rock to crawl under."

Before Chloe could retaliate which she was fully intending, Eliza butt in. "Let it go Chloe; let's get out of here. Besides there's a match against Gryffindor next week and we all know how clumsy Quinn Phillips is on a broom." Quinn glared. Chloe spun out of Dane's arm slowly and tilted her head in Quinn's direction. "Not still sour about your little accident last year are we?" Quinn let it drop. She really just wanted to have a fun night alone with Dane... and Cassandra. She simply put away her wand and watched as Chloe returned to her pack dogs. Then, not caring what the Slytherins did from there, she turned to Dane. "I hope you love me because I really wanted hex her."

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

-Lost Content-

Summary: Dane gets dumb for Chloe. Cassie has a vision and then passes out. Dane catches her and takes her to the hospital wing.

-Lost Content-

song.
    User Image

Torishu's Pardner

Generous Heckler

User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn didn't answer Dane when he didn't hear her. She recognized that Chloe had a strong effect on Dane but that didn't mean she was going to like it. She kept looking at him with her eyes slightly narrowed until he finally came up with something to say. She let herself smile when Dane put the focus back on the two of them and took her hand. She thought about what she wanted to do because she didn't quite know at this point. However, right when she was about to offer a suggestion her eyes slipped to Cassie who practically whispered Dane's name before crashing to the floor.

Quinn's jaw dropped along with her hand and it seemed like Dane was on the ground next to Cassie without even moving. The little girl was unconscious and Quinn was barely moving aside from her eyes which were darting from Cassandra to Dane. Before she knew it, her best friend had the small girl in his arms and was past her. Quinn took a moment to absorb what had happened and then spun on her heel to catch up with Dane. She lost her shoes on the stairs but still couldn't catch up to Dane. He was running and though Quinn was fit, she would never be able to run like he could.

When she finally made it to the hospital wing she took a quick glance around the room. She could see the nurse's silhouette moving around in the back room and Dane sitting beside Cassie, who was still passed out. She also saw a bed ridden Atticus asleep in the corner bed where he'd been all week, but still she moved to sit beside Dane. When she sat down he didn't even look at her. It kind of made her sad in a way but she let herself shrug it off. Finaly, Dane seemed to realize she was there and he looked up and spoke to her. She could tell that he felt bad from the expression in his eyes but he was worried about the little girl. And after all, he hadn't left her bedside a single time she had been trapped in the hospital wing.

Quinn reached up and pulled her hair out of it's bun before saying quietly, "Of course I'm staying." She smiled reassuringly and laid her hand on Dane's arm. She started to realize how physically tired she was. It had been a long night so far. However, she had no desire in sleeping. She merely rested her head on Dane's shoulder and listened to the faint sound of Madame Stilts clinking medicine bottles around in the back room. Halloween hadn't exactly turned out as she'd hoped.

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff