Adventurous//Gryffindor
What can I get myself into this year?

Where I am: The Great Hall
Who I'm talking to: Dane McAddams
What I'm wearing: Gryffindor Uniform
My owl: Aristotle
My wand: 10 3/4 in., Holly, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Flexible

══════════════

Quinn shivered again before Dane, who had noticed Nick's little intrusion of her personal bubble, made a quick and funny remark to Sir Nicolas. What was even more humorous was the ghost's response. Quinn snorted a bit, "Patting enthusiastically with your elbow? Well that's a first." She laughed as Dane put his arm around her. That wasn't weird for them, most people would A) Get a bit squeamish, or B) Pass out. The latter being the probable response from his fan club. What were they called again? Oh yes, Dane's Dames. It was almost sad.

After a second Dane turned away from her and pulled an Extendable Ear from underneath his chair. Quinn leaned over and saw Gretchen, a third year girl in their house staring at Dane, with the other end of the Ear lodged firmly into her own. Quinn stifled a laugh. Oh Gretchen, she would be the one to concoct some crazy fantasy of Dane looking at her. She probably thought he winked too. Quinn tuned back into the conversation. "Well, I hope you plan on including my girlfriend." "Girlfriend?" The 3rd year asked, surprised. Quinn took the hint. It wasn't the first time she'd help Dane poke fun at the Dames.

Quinn leaned her head on Dane's shoulder mock affectionately. Gretchen sure thought it was real. The girl hopped up and ran, trailing her Ear behind her. Soon enough she was reporting back to the Dames. Quinn laughed. "No problem," she responded to Dane's thanks. "You smell nice anyways." Quinn laughed. "So... Extendable Ears. I wish I could meet the Weasley Twins. They're, like, my idols. Well not exactly but you know what I mean. Of course, Fred Weasley died fight Voldy, all those years ago... and George and his wife passed years back anyways." She stopped herself. She realized she was rambling. She did that a lot anyways. Right when she stopped dessert appeared on the table. "I guess my voice scares away the food huh?"

══════════════

Battle-ready Shapeshifter

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane was glad that he had a friend like Quinn. She got his jokes, and played along when he needed the help. Maybe Dane wasn't as good of a friend, but he's a guy. But she rarely needed his help with anything, and it's their banter and cohesiveness that made them such good friends. They just understood each other. They could finish each others thoughts with eye contact, not in a girly way...but he could just tell what Quinn was thinking....usually. Well...he's a boy, and doesn't mind looking at each girl as they passed by, with a good bra, and a mini skirt. So maybe not all the time. "You smell nice anyways." But Quinn was always there for him, no matter what.

"I guess my voice scares away the food huh?" Dane shrugged, picking out a piece of blueberry pie for himself and cutting a slice of pumpkin across the table on his side, since he could reach it better, and place it in front of Quinn. He knew it was her favorite. He did have a remarkable memory.

Dane's eyes then began to wander around the room, as though scouring for new prey. He glanced at the seventh years sitting at the Slytherin table, eyes targeting Alexus Malfoy. He puffed out his chest for a moment. He said in a more hushed voice to Quinn. "That Malfoy girls pretty nice looking...the lip rings kind of hot. Do you think she'd go for me?" It wasn't like Dane hadn't had girlfriends before. Actually, for a major part of last year, he went out with a skinny, prissy (and frankly incredibly self-absorbed) seventh year in Ravenclaw, Sabrina Foxtrout. But of course, she left and they had a mutual parting. She went on to live off of daddy's money and not have a care in the world. The year before that, he was briefly snogging a girl their age in Hufflepuff. So Dane was more than accustomed to having relationships with girls at Hogwarts. "What do you think?" He raised an eyebrow seductively.

█████████████████ ███ █████████████████

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn was suddenly a lot hungrier at the sight of the Pumpkin Pie Dane had placed on her plate. "I been waiting all summer for this moment," she said somewhat to herself, somewhat to Dane, and somewhat to the pie. "Dad's allergic to pumpkin." She said as she stuffed a large bite of the dessert in her mouth. She turned to him, her cheeks bulging "This is attractive, right?" She said jokingly. Then she gulped it down. "You think Aristotle is up in the owlery yet?" she paused, "oh wait! You haven't met Ari! He's my new owl, a barn owl."

"That Malfoy girls pretty nice looking...the lip rings kind of hot. Do you think she'd go for me?" Quinn looked over at the girl. "Alexus Malfoy?" Quinn never really dated people. She dated a very sweet, but clumsy Hufflepuff in her fourth year, but he fell through a vanishing stair and his Grandmother had him pulled out of school. It was always her telling Dane which girls he could make out with, and which would cause trouble. "A Malfoy, dating a Gryffindor?" She looked at him in disbelief, "Well, you are a pure-blood. You've got that going for you. And hey," She took a bite of pie. "Why not get your fan club to vouch for you?" She paused and her tone got darker, "But if I were you, I wouldn't go kissing a girl with a lip ring... you never know when it'll unclasp and then hey! You have a tongue piercing. Which doesn't look emo at all." She cracked up laughing and helped herself to another piece of pie. She was getting tired as she had to stifle a yawn.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Garreth Luke Mischa
(by: The Psychopathic Panda)

Garreth was trying to mind his own business and ignore Dane and Quinn but considering they were very close to him at the table, it was nearly impossible. He didn't mind the other topics, but once it got to girls, Garreth snapped and turned to the male. "You're a pig." He insulted the other male outright, something Garreth never did. "You seem to treat women like meat. Who cares if she's attractive? Try getting to know someone first before deciding their beauty or worth." He snarled and stood up, leaving that spot. Her actually went down about twenty people and groaned. Ok so maybe that wasn't the nicest thing ever, but he was really protective over girls, especially when someone was just heading for them just to break their hearts. Garreth crossed his arms on the table, suddenly loosing his appetite and put his head down on his arms. He was ashamed of himself for speaking out like that, he felt like going back to apologize, but he couldn't seem to move from his spot.

User ImageCxXxCUser ImageCxXxCUser Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Before Dane could finish laughing about Quinn's lip ring comment, he was interrupted by a sudden outburst from Garreth who had been sitting across from them this whole time. "You're a pig. You seem to treat women like meat. Who cares if she's attractive? Try getting to know someone first before deciding their beauty or worth." Dane blinked a few times before watching the seventh year get up and sit somewhere else. The blinking was followed by a raise of an eyebrow and turning to his friend. "Who said anything about not getting to know her?"

Several processes took place after this comment - mostly all of which were to rationalize his comments about Alexus and suppress his only momentary insecurities. First, Dane thought about Garreth. He probably just has a crush on Alexus himself. What else would have provoked such a reaction to Dane's comment? It was a weird thing of Garreth to say, and honestly, what guy doesn't prefer attractive girls to ugly ones. If Dane were to analyze Garreth's taste, he was sure he'd find that he's just as shallow as everyone else.

Second, Dane decided what his next plan of action would be. How did this make him look. Surely, his fan club would suddenly take a hatred to Garreth for saying such a horrible thing to their future husband. So in terms of his image remaining sound, he would be fine. He took a breath exhaling.

Finally, it dawned on him. It was obvious now, Garreth was trying to impress Quinn! Showing to her that he's actually the sensitive type was a tactic that Dane occasionally used on his fawning Dames to keep them sighing when he walked by. What an idiot. Didn't he know that insulting the best friend loses you about 50 points? Either way, he suddenly felt protective of Quinn, and looked down the table for a moment at Garreth's face, feeling a tinge of contempt in his chest.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn yawned again. It was getting pretty late. The feast usually ended around 11:30, it was currently 10:45. "Why do they give us so much time to eat?" She asked sarcastically before and outburst came from across the table. "You're a pig!" She heard Garreth shout, then she kind of tuned out and stared at him. It was really unlike the 7th year to do that. The crease between his eyes got very deep as he finished yelling. "Garreth-" Quinn started, but he stormed away. She scarfed down the last bit of her pumpkin pie as Dane spoke. "Who said anything about not getting to know her?"

Quinn leaned over, "He's just PMSing alright?" But she could tell Dane wasn't listening. He was clearly in his own thoughts. She waved her hand in front of his face. After a second when she couldn't get his attention she said, "Hey Nick, little help here?" The ghost turned over and waved his hand in front of Dane's face too. Then Quinn realized. "What're you on about Dane?" She asked. She'd seen that look before, he got it when he was having long thought trains that connected to other thought trains. Then he usually got a "Eureka!" moment--Dane snapped out of it--and there it was. "Are you okay?" she asked. "You know what, I'm gonna go talk to Garreth, he's a little high-strung." Quinn said as she started to stand.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

"Are you okay?" He had come back to reality. Obviously during his thought process he had been spacing out significantly. "You know what, I'm gonna go talk to Garreth, he's a little high-strung." This was so like Quinn, Dane thought. She didn't like problems to remain unsettled, she was such a do-gooder. Especially when the problem was bothering her friends negatively. But Dane wasn't about to let her go off and fight for him. So Dane wasn't exactly the kind of guy to approach someone else about his problems, but he certainly wasn't going to let Quinn do it. "Quinn? Quinn no." She started to get up too and grabbed on to her wrist, but instead, he was pulled along with her as though his muscles were just for show.

"Quinn. Quinn, aw come on." He gritted his teeth, and he could feel other peoples eyes on him. Dane really didn't want Quinn to do this, to give this guy a chance to apologize and make him seem so sensitive and high and mighty again. He wasn't right for Quinn. No way. This could have just been the panic that was going through his mind as he hadn't quite settled his thoughts from his recent space-out, but either way, that's what Dane was thinking.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn stood up and Dane grabbed onto her wrist. "Quinn? Quinn, no." She turned to face him. "Dane. Let go," she said very sternly. He didn't. So she turned and kept walking. He still didn't let go. She was about half-way to Garreth when Dane drew her attention to the people around them via his complaining. She kept walking, "Dane, we don't need to start the year off like this...again." Yes, last year, Quinn and Dane had made a bad impression on a girl in their house, and she was a right b*tch to them the rest of the year. It was not a good place to be.

Quinn reached Garreth, and finally Dane let go. "Act like I don't have any arm strength," she rolled her eyes, "I'm a beater too." Truth was, she was really tired now. Dane was heavy, and he'd been resisting. She nonchalantly rubbed her arm. She tapped the seventh year on the shoulder. "Garreth," She turned and asked the first year next to him to move down one. "You skipped dessert didn't you! You know how cranky that makes you!" She said light-heartily. It was best to ease the tension. She hoped it would work.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Garreth Luke Mischa
(by: The Psychopathic Panda)

Garreth groaned inwardly, hearing Quinn's voice. He was tired and now had to defend his words, and Dane probably came with her. "I apologize for snapping, but I'm not going to say that to him. I don't approve of him, and I don't like how he describes girls. It could be the fact this was drilled into my head by my five older sisters and practically killed me when one of my older sisters passed away." He groaned and put his head back down, tapping his fingers on the table. "I'm going to bed." He stood up and didn't look back at her or the other guy as he started walking out of the feast hall. he looked at the Ravenclaw table and smiled at some of the girls he knew then disappeared, actually just going up the stairs a bit and sitting down. He ran his fingers through his hair and watched the paintings move. He wanted to sleep and hit himself for being so rude.

User ImageCxXxCUser ImageCxXxCUser Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

"I apologize for snapping, but I'm not going to say that to him. I don't approve of him, and I don't like how he describes girls. It could be the fact this was drilled into my head by my five older sisters and practically killed me when one of my older sisters passed away. I'm going to bed." What in the bloody hell was that? Seriously...okay so maybe Dane had analyzed this situation wrong...because if Garreth actually liked Quinn then he just has absolutely no game. He actually might be disturbed...actually that was probably clear. He was disturbed by some horrible past that he had just decided to share with the world in justification of his equally disturbing behavior. Dane followed Garreth with his eyes. Then craned his neck down to get to Quinn's ear. "Uh...I'm standing here right, in his line of vision? I'm not invisible?"

Trying to make sense of the events that just occurred, he stretched his arms above his head. "All right then." He smiled again. Honestly, working things out with Garreth suddenly didn't seem worth anything to him anymore. This guy clearly was going to make problems no matter what.

After finally a yawn himself, he turned to Quinn. "Come on. We should probably head to the common room too, before the rush of first years." The first years were always the last ones to bed. Probably because their new found freedom and late bed time.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn waited for Garreth's response. He said something about how Dane described women. Sane bent down and whispered in her ear, "Uh...I'm standing here right, in his line of vision? I'm not invisible?" Quinn shrugged slightly, and suddenly Garreth got up to leave. "Garreth..." she began, but there was no stopping him. She turned to Dane. "Well, that was peculiar behavior with him," she paused and let her face break into a smile, "What's got his panties in a wad." Dane suggested going back to the common room. "Yes! Please! I'm exhausted." She looked at the clock: 11:25. "Dane, we should hurry before we're swarmed by ravenous packs of first years."

She stood, and turned to walk. They exited the Great Hall and went up the small set of stairs where the grand staircase began. She looked up, "Why are we on the seventh floor?" And she started climbing. After a couple flights she turned to Dane, "I've got it," she said as she kept climbing. "I've got it, they're trying to kill us. They're keeping us up this late so we'll be disoriented in the morning and they can kill us." She laughed a little bit, then kept climbing. They reached a staircase that was pointed the wrong direction, and they had to wait. Quinn leaned against the rail and noticed Sir Cadogan in the portrait. "Evening, Sir Cadogan." He turned around, "Evening, Miss Phillips." But by that point, the stairs were back.

Eventually, she got to the top, and looked back to see if Dane was behind her. "The passwords... Hollywobb or something... right?" The fat lady looked at her. "Close," she said.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane sighed with relief as his friend finally changed the subject from Garreth. It was not the kind of thing that was supposed to happen on the first night back, and clearly Garreth did not like Dane, for whatever reason. It was probably just jealousy...right. I mean, who wouldn't be jealous of Dane, right? Dane smiled to himself before following closely behind his friend.

"I've got it, they're trying to kill us. They're keeping us up this late so we'll be disoriented in the morning and they can kill us."
            They were a good number of staircases up, and at this late hour, it becomes very tedious, especially after a long day of traveling. "I think someone just might have gotten out of shape from her summer in the muggle world." Dane joked, as he strode up the stairs easily. "But don't worry, I'll whip that out of you in the pitch." Quinn had been right earlier about one thing, Dane would probably need her help with the plays. But if there was one thing Dane was good at, it was working hard. And as captain, he planned to work his team harder than ever. Plays are only good if your team can execute them optimally, after all. He continued to smile as they made their way into the common room.

"It's Hollywobble." He corrected, and the Fat Lady's portrait opened for them, and Dane ran ahead of his friend. Before heading up to the boy's dormitories, he turned around and pointed at his friend. "You stay right there, I'll be right back." He quickly ran upstairs to his room, to find that his things had already been brought up and placed on his bed. Including the little cat carrier. He looked in to find Hannah was already curled up in a ball, asleep. He picked up first the package that had wrapped in silver wrapping paper. And next to it was a small pouch. He picked up the pouch, thinking for a moment. He didn't open it, but looked at the door back towards the main part of the common room. He shook his head and took the small silver pouch and placed it in the lowest drawer of his bedside table.

He carried the long package down to Quinn. It was pretty obvious what the object was because it had been difficult to wrap. Though Dane had tried with his best efforts to keep it fastened with a shiny blue ribbon. He held it out for Quinn. "Well open it up." Inside was a Cirrus 2012, a broomstick made for extreme accuracy and able to reach a maximum height higher than any other broomstick. Dane waited for Quinn to remove the wrappings, crossing his arms over his chest and smirking, anticipating the girl's reaction.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn yawned again. "Hollywobble," Dane said. The smiling fat lady swung open and they climbed in through the port hole. Quinn had forgotten all about her present. So when Dane told her to stay and wait, she perked right back up. She turned to the portrait of the very first Gryffindor Quidditch captain. "What do you think he got me?" She said excitedly. The portrait smirked, "I don't think, I know. Its-" Quinn cut him off, "Don't tell me!" she paused, "What's your name anyway?" The portrait man sat up proudly, "Sir Gedion Alabam Menten V" Quinn stared, "Well, that's a mouthful, can I call you Gam?" The portrait looked at her in disgust. He was about to say something back but Quinn turned away. Dane was back.

Her friend was holding a package. It was clear what was inside it. "You didn't..." Quinn trailed off. It was a broomstick. Quinn had never had her own broomstick. It wasn't because she couldn't afford it, it was because her Mom wouldn't let her buy one. "You can't hide a broomstick." She'd said when Quinn had asked. For years before this she had been using school brooms, or borrowing from her friends. The brooms she usually used were horrible. Knowing Dane, this broom wasn't going to be horrible. Dane had taste... and money... lot's of money. She tore the paper off.

"Dane," she stared at the broomstick in front of her. "Dane, this is a Cirrus 2012. They don't even have these in stock at Dervish and Bangs." She ran her hand down the broom. "How did you get this?" she paused, "I can't believe it. Now we have to go out to the pitch during that free period together!" Gam smiled from his frame. Soon enough first years, fifth years, and every other year came rushing into the common room. They were ushered by prefects. "Well, g'night." She said to Dane and then joined the mass of girls heading up the stairs. She stuck her broom under her bed, and laid down. She couldn't wait for the following day. Four classes with Dane and she would get to try her new broom.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane loved watching the changes in the facial expression of his friend from excited, to shocked, and then to happiness. He knew he had done something nice, and he had gone through quite a load of trouble to get the broomstick for her. Besides, he wanted to win, and still make his friend happy too. But honestly, he probably would've gotten it for her even if he was on a different team.

"Well, g'night." He was surprised as she was suddenly caught up in the crowd of girls heading towards the girls dormitory. "H-Hey, wait!" He called after he, but it seemed that she was already in the girls dormitory before he could get the word out. In a matter of seconds, the rush had passed. Man, she seriously ran away from him quickly. He looked up at Sir Gideon. "Seriously...why do girls do that?" He smirked and watched the man in the painting shrug. "My specialty is not modern ladies. But I am quite capable at riding horses." Dane rolled his eyes. "Oh yea that's so helpful." He said back to him sarcastically.

His shoulders sank with a sigh as he scratched his head lazily. He headed back to his dorm room and over to his bed. First things first, he was going to put away all of his things. He proceeded to unpack his books into his night stand and moved his trunk to the foot of his bed. He pulled off his sweater vest and shirt so that he was just wearing a white tank accompanied by a pair of long navy blue boxers. Finally, he opened up Hannah's carrier and pulled the kitten out slowly, trying not to wake her - unsuccessfully. The kitten meowed as her big brown eyes looked up at Dane. But it seemed the animal was glad to have been woken because she pranced onto the bed and began rubbing herself into Dane's side. He smiled, "I love you too, Hannah." Hannah was pretty much the only living being he ever said the L word too. Not his parents, or girlfriends. His kitten. The kitten climbed up on his chest as he laid back onto the mattress.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

Dane's biological clock had woken him up earlier than, well, basically everyone. He looked around him to find the other Gryffindor boys his year fast asleep in their beds, Hannah had made a bed for herself at the foot of his bed, and the window showed that it was probably around five in the morning. He knew that because, a. he had been getting up at around that time for the past few months now, and b. the sun hadn't risen yet, but the normally dark blue night sky had started to become that beautiful dark cerulean color.

There was a perfectly good reason why Dane got up this early every day. He had to keep himself in shape. Not that he would become out of shape if he stopped, it would probably take a very long time for him to actually get fat, but he liked to feel good. Running definitely helps with that. The morning was a perfect time because there was no one awake to distract him, and the air was cooler in the morning, which was preferred to the heat of the warm September days that they'd been having lately.

After slipping on a pair of gray shorts and a clean white tank, he made his way to the grounds, with a pair of old sneakers of course. Even though Dane had enough money to get new sneakers whenever he wanted, he wasn't wasteful. He wasn't about to get a new pair unless his old ones started to fall apart.

As he ran, he got a full view of the grounds, from the black lake to looking up at the tall towers that made up his beloved school. He hadn't felt this much at home since he had left for the summer, and it made him smile as a warm sweat made its way around the curvature of his upper arm muscles, his beater build to perfection.

When he made it back inside, he quickly ran to the prefects bathroom with a smirk. As quidditch captain, he could now use the facilities legally (as in without getting in trouble). On the other hand, it hadn't really ever stopped him before. It felt weird though, doing something that was once forbidden to him, now without risk of getting in trouble for it. For some reason he kind of missed the adrenaline he felt as he rushed into the place as he had the years before.

He had made it back to the Gryffindor common room with perfect timing, dressed already for class in his white shirt, red and gold tie, black pants, and a gray sweater vest. Wand securely in his pocket and a towel around his neck so that his still wet hair didn't drip onto his clothes. He looked around to see if Quinn had gotten up yet. He didn't see her yet, so as he waited, he hung up a piece of parchment on the Gryffindor bulletin board:

Quidditch Tryouts Tomorrow
            Please Arrive Directly After Ninth Period
            Bring a Broom and Be Prepared for Drills

Good Luck!

Dane's script was almost embarrassingly neat, but his parents weren't about to tolerate slobbiality. They expected the best from him of course. He leaned against the wall after pinning the flyer, his stomach growling as he waited for Quinn, casually nodding at several girls who pass him on their way out.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas