Meow Mix Meow Mix Please Deliver! 1 100.0% [ 41 ]
Total Votes:[ 41 ]
1 2 3 ... 15 16 17 >

Battle-ready Shapeshifter

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
This is as PRIVATE roleplay between SabellaDawn and Torishu.

W
ELCOME TO HOGWARTS SCHOOL OF WITCHCRAFT AND WIZARDRY

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Dear Student,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted at Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry. Please find enclosed a list of all necessary books and equipment.
Term begins on September 1. We await your owl by no later than July 31.

Yours sincerely,

Deputy Headmaster

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
Profiles

Characters - Includes all characters that are mentioned or referred to including their key details

Gryffindor
7th - Garreth Mischa - Muggleborn, Kind but Overly Emotional, Hates Dane McAddams and Romano Hoult, Hates Slytherins
6th - Quinn Phillips - Protagonist, Half-blood, Beater, Best friends with Dane McAddams
6th - Dane McAddams - Protagonist, Pure Blood, Beater and Captain, Best friends with Quinn Phillips, Extremely Wealthy
3rd - Gretchen Haffscrott - Editor of the Hogwarts Herald, President of Dane's Dames, Obsessed with Dane McAddams, Hates Quinn Phillips
1st - Cassandra 'Cassie' Rivsky - Pure Blood, Half Seer, Animagus (Mallard Duck)

Hufflepuff
6th - Hugo Madley - Muggleborn, Hates Slytherins, Hates Purebloods, Hates Dane McAddams

Ravenclaw
5th - Atticus River - Half-blood, Prefect, Best in his year, Reporter for the Hogwarts Herald, Has a crush on Quinn Phillips
6th - Marcie Fink - One of Dane McAddams' Ex-Girlfriends, Was kind to Quinn Phillips

Slytherin
7th - Romano Hoult - Pureblood, Hated by Garreth Mischa
7th - Alexus Malfoy - Pureblood, Seeker and Head Girl, Hates dirty bloods, Has a Lip ring, Dane McAddams thinks she's hot
7th - Chloe Vendett - Pureblood, Chaser and Captain, Attacked Quinn Phillips in a Quiddich Match, Pursuing Dane McAddams

Teachers
Headmistress - Professor Verania Dewitt - Sophisticated and Logical; Bloodwood Wand with Swedish Shortsnout Scale Core
Defense Against the Dark Arts - Professor Mauve - Muggleborn, Young and Lively
Transfiguration - Professor Trudy Scaldinger - Gryffindor - Head of House, Middle-aged and disciplined, Animorph
Nurse - Madame Mary Stilts
Divination - Professor Concepto

Family
Lars - Dane McAddams' Butler
Runt - Dane McAddams' House Elf
Aristotle - Quinn Phillips' Owl
Hannah - Dane McAddams' Cat
Caroline - Atticus River's Owl
Tito - Chloe Vendett's Rat

Others
Sabrina Foxtrout - Graduated from Hogwarts last year, Dated Dane McAddams during his 5th year, Pure Blood, Really Bitchy A-Lister
Regulus Shanks - Graduated from Hogwarts last year, Formerly the Captain of the Gryffindor Quidditch Team before Dane McAddams, Snogged Quinn Phillips during her 5th year
Sir Nicholas/Nearly Headless Nick - The Gryffindor House Ghost, Friends with Quinn Phillips and Dane McAddams
Sir Gedion/Gam - Portrait Knight in the Gryffindor Common Room, Friends with Quinn Phillips and Dane McAddams
Ursula Denshaw - Portrait of a Fat Candy Fanatic, Uses riddles to provide a shortcut to the Gryffindor Common Room

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor
What can I get myself into this year?

══════════════

Quinn ran as fast as she could, it was getting near 10:30, meaning all of the compartments would be occupied. She did not want to get stuck with a Slytherin again. Her parents weren't with her. Naturally, they "saw her off" on the train to Edinburg. Her father couldn't watch her run through a wall now could he? Speaking of which, there it was. She ran full speed at the barrier between platforms 9 and 10. When she appeared on the platform she had to fight through people to make her way to the luggage drop. She put all of her bags in the pile except for the cage housing a sleeping Aristotle. The screech owl snored. Have you ever heard an owl snore? I thought so.

Before long, Quinn was on the train walking down the aisle. She walked past a few compartments, one housing a rather unpleasant looking Slytherin guy, and another holding the weird, quiet Hufflepuff girl. She saw Garreth for a quick second, and her eyes lit up. Garreth was like an older brother to her, always there when she needed him. She was about to fling open the door to the compartment when she noticed a pretty girl who looked a little older than her. It was clear Garreth and her were talking. She backed away and turned. She was saddened to find that was all of the compartments in that car. She turned around and slid awkwardly into the Slytherin guy's compartment. Maybe he wasn't so bad. "Can I sit here?" She said hopefully.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Garreth Luke Mischa
(by: The Psychopathic Panda)

Garreth chuckled and raised an eyebrow at her. "I'm honestly just surprised I don't smell like sheep each time I get away." He shrugged.He saw someone out of the corner of his eye and turned to Delphine. "I'm sorry but I will be right back, gonna save someone from a bad person." He chuckled and stood up, slipping from the compartment, to see Quinn about to enter another compartment. He walked up to her and saw who was inside. The Slytherin male was about to snap at her, but Garreth put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey Quinn.... How was your summer?" He slipped in front of her and closed the boys door, gently trying to lead Quinn back to his compartment.

Garreth was protective, and believed some Gryffindors and Slytherins shouldn't speak to each other, but that was because he had fought with Romano Hoult many times. Garreth smiled and motioned towards his compartment. "Come sit with me and Delphine? Please? I would like to know how your summer went?" He smiled, being genuinely nice. He was that big brother type, one people felt comfortable talking to, and he liked being that guy.

User ImageCxXxCUser ImageCxXxCUser Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn avoided making eye contact with the Slytherin but she knew what was coming. He was going to make some stupid remark. It's what Slytherins did. But, no matter how many meaningless remarks she heard, Quinn was always her by them. She braced herself, but then heard Garreth from behind her. He moved her out of the compartment and into the aisle. She breathed a sigh of relief but held it inside. "I assumed you and the girl were talking about something important." She chuckled and gave him a quick look. "I didn't want to interrupt."

She acknowledged that he didn't mind and followed him back to his compartment. When she entered she saw Delphine. She knew who the girl was, but had never really met her. "I don't know if you know me... I'm Quinn. I'm a 6th year." She said happily while sticking out a hand. Then, turning to Garreth, she said, "My summer was the usual... Muggle crap you know. I just wish I had the fortune to be a part of a full wizarding family." Quinn noticed the cat sitting on the table. "I love cats! Of course, Mum wanted me to get an owl for mailing purposes." She lifted the cage onto the table. "This here's Aristotle."

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Garreth Luke Mischa
(by: The Psychopathic Panda)

Garreth chuckled and looked at the bird, handing him an owl treat and looked at Quinn. "You could stop by my place. I have four sisters and my parents love girls more than their own son, funny in a messed up way really. Plus, theirs a ton of animals there." He chuckled and looked at Delphine. "You too if you need to escape your family, though I would love having at least one magical being in my family, they all just sort of shut me out when I try to talk to them." He shrugged and took out a muggle candy, eating it as he relaxed, looked at Toby as the owl fluffed up at the sight of another animal. "Strange, my barn owl doesn't like other owls, but doesn't care if there's a cat that could possibly eat him in the room." Garreth shrugged and leaned back, his body relaxing. He was used to being around girls, he was always around girls, and never flirted. All of his offers were like a brother as his sister to stay with him. Like some sort of family reunion sort of thing.

[[OOC; -Fail post x-x-]]

User ImageCxXxCUser ImageCxXxCUser Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn smiled. "Maybe I will visit sometime," she said happily. Then she sat back and listened to Garreth talk about his owl. She looked at the large clock outside her window. It was 10:55. The train would leave very soon. When she looked back there was a Slytherin girl asking to join them in the compartment. Quinn recognized her. She would've invited her in except for the fact she was a Slytherin and she was addressing Garreth, not her. Garreth didn't seem to notice her. She wasn't being very loud, and soon enough she left of her own accord. Quinn was leaning forward to check the clock outside of the train when the train's horn sounded and they lurched into motion.

"Finally, I felt like we were sitting here for forever." She laughed, "Right Ari?" She said reaching between the cages bars and ruffling his feathers.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn woke up. She hadn't realized she'd been asleep, but the train had stopped. She smoothed her robes out and stood as Garreth handed her her things. "Thanks," she said as she walked from the compartment. After hopping off the train she was delighted to find she could see the castle. "Finally," she muttered to herself and followed the crowd the opposite direction of the lake. Of course, the first years would have to boat across, but she would be taking a magic carriage. She climbed into a carriage with a Hufflepuff girl and two Slytherin guys and they pulled away.

It was a clear night. The Great Hall will look beautiful. Soon enough they pulled into the entrance courtyard and she hopped out. As they were led into the door they dropped off their things in the luggage pile. "Bye Ari!" she said cheerily. Then hurried into the Great Hall. She had been right. The room looked beautiful with the stars and the candles. She took her usual seat at the table next to Nearly Headless Nick and across from Garreth, just in time to watch the little horrified first years file in.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

The train ride had certainly been eventful. He never had to worry about finding people to converse with during the ride. As a matter of fact, he had a pack of girls whenever he wanted them. It must have something to do with his ridiculous good looks and suave. And man did he love taking advantage of that fact. He kept his chin up high, his hair perfect, and his smile wide enough to make mostly any girl weak at the knees. It was just that that made everything easy and...well...fun for him.

Even though he said goodbye to them on the train, he found that they followed about 5-10 feet behind him as he made his way to the great hall. He kept his chest out and a smile on his lips as he walked to the Gryffindor table. He wrapped one muscular arm around his friend Quinn, who he had grew up with. They came her and were both placed in Gryffindor in the same year, and became beater partners on their house's Quidditch team. They made a great team. Dane had more muscle power, and though he wouldn't admit it, Quinn was much cleverer when it came to their plays and tactics. "Heh...well don't you look....exactly the same." He said teasingly as he sat down next to her.

█████████████████ ███ █████████████████

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

══════════════

Quinn was watching little first years file in and get sorted when she felt an arm around her. She looked up. "Dane!" She whispered loudly as she wrapped her arms around her fellow 6th year. "Ha, ha." She said to his little joke. "You got a whole lot taller." She laughed. Most people found Dane self absorbed. Quinn however, found him to have just the right amount of ego. Everyone also found Dan "mega-hot." It's not like Quinn didn't, he was gorgeous, it's just she didn't see the appeal in being a fan-girl. Plus, they were best friends. "I heard you were made Quidditch captain!" She said cheerfully as the last of the first years took their seats and the headmaster began his speech. "Oh, and we have Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, and the last free period together. Not bad... 4 out of nine."

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

"I heard you were made Quidditch captain!" A confident smirk came to Dane's lips. "Ah, well it's probably because of I'm so strong and skilled. But please, please don't flatter me." He was kind of flattering himself really, but whatever. That's just what he did. And even though his best friend was filled with cheer, she never said anything negative about his perhaps negative quality that is his narcissism. But at least she didn't fawn over him. Even though Dane enjoyed it, he only enjoyed it in small doses.

"Oh, and we have Transfiguration, Charms, Potions, and the last free period together. Not bad... 4 out of nine." As Dane listened to the list of classes that they would have together, he realized something and a bit of surprise and disappointment made his shoulders drop for a moment. "...hey uh....I didn't know you were dropping Magical Creatures..." Honestly it was probably a good thing. Care of Magical Creatures is Dane's favorite class, as he wants to be a Dragonologist. As a matter of fact, the only living beings that she shows true love and affection to are animals. While a lot of his fans think it's rather adorable, he tends to lose sight of everything else during that class, including his best friend (whose received affection is more platonic). But his real disappointment probably just stemmed from his friend's lack of similar interest in the class.

For a moment, he broke the silence with a shrug. "Well I guess I could still cheat off you in Potions, huh?" Of course he was kidding. As a matter of fact, the teachers generally make it impossible to cheat. The consequences are usually trick jinxes that make your teeth rapidly expand or other forms of public humiliation. "So how was your summer?" Dane made sure to keep his voice low during the opening ceremonies. They had better start the feast soon....a growing boy needs to eat. Eat a lot.

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

Where I am: The Great Hall
Who I'm talking to: Dane McAddams
What I'm wearing: Gryffindor Uniform
My owl: Aristotle
My wand: 10 3/4 in., Holly, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Flexible

══════════════

Quinn glanced quickly at the headmaster who was giving the "Pre-Feast" speech. She thought about how her mother told her the pre-feast speech use to be "Nitwit, Blubber, Oddment, Tweak!" Oh, those were the days. "Yes Dane, that's it! Your "strong and skilled!" Something tells me you're going to need a little help making the plays hmm?" She laughed. It was clear by the way the pair played that they worked off each other's strengths.

When Dane talked about dropping Magical Creatures, Quinn smiled sympathetically. Even though Dane tended to get lost among the fur, feathers, and scales, it was fine because of how talented he was at it. "You know I'm no good in COMC. Last year I got my arm broken by a Hippogriff, attacked by a Blast-Ended-Skrewt, and that "adorable" baby dragon gave me third degree burns. You know I want to be an Auror and I needed the period space." Quinn laughed at his joke, and when Dane asked how her summer was, she was delighted to find the feast began.

"Oh, well you know the usual. Muggle-y. You?" Quinn reached foreword to grab some chicken and roast potatoes.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

"You know I'm no good in COMC. Last year I got my arm broken by a Hippogriff, attacked by a Blast-Ended-Skrewt, and that "adorable" baby dragon gave me third degree burns. You know I want to be an Auror and I needed the period space." As Dane listened and tried to recall, he only vaguely remembered. Well he did remember those times when Quinn was in the hospital after receiving the injuries, but he didn't exactly remember the events that led up to that moment. Yep...he was probably more concerned with the animals. He maybe felt a little bit guilty about it. Well the truth was, he had really missed his best friend over the summer.

When the food appeared in front of them, Dane reached and made a mountain of turkey, roast potatoes and macaroni and cheese on his plate. And by mountain, it was like Everest. Seriously, no wonder he was so much taller, where the hell did he put all of that foot. In a matter of seconds he was shoveling the food into his mouth as though it were some kind of contest. He stopped half with his mouthful to take some jello as though he feared that it would be gone before he got a chance to get some. He swallowed before answering Quinn. "Oh, well you know the usual. Muggle-y. You?"

"Well I spent half of my summer in New Zealand, shadowing an Antipodean Opaleye dragon breeder....which consisted of mostly cleaning up dung and running errands...but I did get to clean one of the dragons once." It was pretty cool. Plus the breeder invited him back for another summer since Dane had proven he could do all of the grunt work. "I told my parents I was there studying "international relations"." Dane used two fingers on each hand to show the quotation marks as he spoke. "The rest of the summer was....um...boring." He was home for the rest of the summer. In the McAddams mansion. Yep...Dane was definitely well off, but he didn't see his parents the entire summer. It's actually quite miserable at home. If he didn't have his kitten, Hannah, his butler Lars, and his house elf, Runt, he wouldn't have known what to do with himself. But then...he had spent an entire day running around in his underwear and using charms to glue all their furniture to the ceiling.

He was jealous of Quinn in that sense. Sure, Dane had money...but he didn't really have a family to go home to. He much preferred being here at Hogwarts. His parents hadn't said goodbye to him for the fourth consecutive year. Lars just drove him to the Kings Cross Station and that was it. And it terms of the "muggle-y" things that Quinn was referring to, he only had some idea of what she was talking about. As he grew up in the wizarding world, he really only knew the things about the muggle world that Quinn had told him about. Honestly, they seemed quite similar, except for the fact that a the Muggle's world seemed much more inconvenient.

"Oh and I got you a present." He smiled as he nudged his friend, and scooped another spoonful of mac and cheese into his mouth. "I'll give it to you when we're back at the common room."

User Image

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image
Quinn Phillips
═════════════
-----

The//Excitable
Adventurous//Gryffindor

Where I am: The Great Hall
Who I'm talking to: Dane McAddams
What I'm wearing: Gryffindor Uniform
My owl: Aristotle
My wand: 10 3/4 in., Holly, Dragon Heartstring, Surprisingly Flexible

══════════════

Quinn saw Dane look down for a minute. She knew it was because he didn't remember the incidents. It wasn't a big deal. I mean sure, it had bothered her a little at the time. He hadn't even looked up when she started screaming. But anyway, he was there for her in the hospital wing and that's what mattered. He seemed to allow the subject to drop. Quinn worked on scarfing down her plate. Then, after finishing her portion, she thought about how much she'd missed the desserts here. After a couple of minutes, Dane started telling Quinn about his summer working with a dragon breeder. "No way! You're so lucky!" She laughed, "If I could shadow an Auror, that would be amazing! Maybe I'll talk to the headmaster about hooking me up with one, he used to be an auror right?"

When he talked about how he lied to his parents Quinn said, "You don't think they'll go for the whole Dragonologist thing huh?" She looked at him, "Speaking of animals, did you bring Hannah?" Cats and owls were probably the only two species that didn't hate her. Actually, correction, owls were the only beings that didn't hate her. Cat's normally did. But, Hannah wasn't normal. The little kitten would come up to Quinn and purr. And that was a big accomplishment for Quinn to have anything living be delighted by her presence. "The rest of the summer was...um...boring." "Wait, you found it boring? Don't your parents have an enchantment around your house that allows you to do magic on the property?" Quinn thought about it longingly. "What I wouldn't give for that."

She sat in silence for a second before reaching forward to grab a baked potato. Then she tuned into Nearly Headless Nick who was blathering on about his head to some little first years. "You'd think he would have sharpened the ax if he was going to kill me, but see he was a nitwit." Quinn laughed a little. Then Dane spoke of a present. "Really?" she said, "I love surprises!" Then he talked about him giving it to her in the common room. "Cool, sounds good!" At that approximate moment Nearly Headless Nick plunged his elbow deep into her side. It didn't hurt... no. It felt like she had fallen into the Arctic Ocean! She shivered quickly.

══════════════

15,700 Points
  • Distrustul Officer 50
  • WilyTrickster 50
User Image

████ User Image ███████
    ██████ GRYFFINDOR .

He could tell that his best friend was happy to be back. It wasn't because of the smile on her face. First of all, that smile was basically always there - and second of all, smiles could always be deceiving. But there were things that his friend did and said that, after six years, Dane could notice. Like how she jumps from one subject to the next like a young girl figuring out what cartoon to watch on the television. It was the kind of sight that made Dane smile with a full set of pearly white teeth. He could swear that he heard a girly sigh not to far from him as he did so.

"Speaking of animals, did you bring Hannah?" Dane stopped shoveling the food into his mouth. "Is that even a question? Of course I brought Hannah! I could never leave without her." It was probably true. He brought that little kitten on every trip he made, even his summer trip to New Zealand, though the minute the kitten's bright brown eyes caught sight of the large, fire-breathing lizards, she remained generally in the safe indoors of his cabin. And luckily the little kitten seemed to get along with Quinn very well, which is a relief because other than the two of them, she happens to be quite vicious. Dane claims that she's just playing.

They conversation was interrupted when Nearly Headless Nick made himself comfortable around Quinn's ribcage. "Uh, Sir Nicholas. I'm pretty sure that it's the best friends privilege to get to nudge Quinn in the side." Nicholas smiled as Dane put his arm around Quinn's shoulder as though she were like his property or something. "Nudging? I was simply patting enthusiastically. Ghosts never nudge." Nicholas headed off with a turn up of his slightly translucent nose and a huff, as though insulted. Though Dane knew it was only the ghost's humor that caused his to behave this way.

As Dane went to pull his arm from his friend again, he stopped himself when he felt something under his chair. It was sticky, but didn't quite feel like someone's misplaced gum wad. He pulled it out to find an ear attached to a piece of string. He turned around to find a thirteen year old girl, a younger Gryffindor, breathing heavily and staring from behind.

Oh Dane knew exactly who she was, and looked at her wide eyed. He was tempted to stick a bowl under her mouth to catch her drooling. The girl with the blonde mother-hair cut and the thick framed glasses was none other than Gretchen Haffscrott, the president of his fan girl club and reporter for the Hogwarts Herald. "Hi Dane!" She said in an enthusiastic voice. He held up the ear to her with a confused look on his face as to say, um...what's this? "Oh, yea. I'm writing an article about you. You know, since I caught you looking at me on the train. So I thought I'd return the gift with something too." Gift? What the bloody hell? He doesn't even remember seeing her on the train...and frankly...Gretchen kind of freaked him out. Dane thought for a moment...how could he get out of this?

"Well I hope you plan on including my girlfriend." Quinn was luckily still under his arm. "Girlfriend?" She said in a surprised huff. "Oh yes. You've met Quinn right?" Dane smiled handsomely. Suddenly the girl pouted, nostrils flaring. "I think I have to start a new article!" She said before storming to the girls in her year, mouth running at them a mile a minute. Dane finally exhaled and pulled his arm from Quinn's shoulder. "Thanks for that." Not that he had given Quinn a choice in the matter. And besides, he didn't ever directly say that Quinn was his girlfriend. He just said that he had one, and asked if Gretchen knew Quinn. Rumors are just rumors. Either way, it seemed to have had the desired effect.

User Image

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas