Welcome to Gaia! ::

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Before he would be able to turn on the tv Jon texted him. "Dante I need you to go get Lolly and take her to the vet. The neighbor called who lets her out during the day and she has been ill everywhere. Do it for Rachel." The name and address of the vet was included as well.

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante looked at the text and sighed. Poor Lolly. He hoped it wasn't serious.

"Okay, I'll go get her. I'll let you know what's wrong once the vet has checked her over."

He set off to go get Lolly and take her to be looked at.

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

It was evening so it was the emergency vet. Lolly was laying in the backyard not even wanting to get up. An elderly woman was with her patting her head gently and talking to her in a soothing voice.

((My good friend is due to have her baby any day. She is due on Thanksgiving but the doctor did something to try to start labor on Friday. She started spotting blood Friday afternoon and today she has been having more signs she is due to go into labor any time. I am going to go be with her so if I just disappear suddenly that is why.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante arrived at the house and went straight through to the back yard.

He was a little surprised to see the woman there, but then remembered that Jon had said somebody was there to look after her.

"Oh, hi. I'm Dante, a friend of Rachel's. I'm here to take Lolly to the vet's."

((Aww, does she already know if it's a boy or girl? :3 And okay. ^_^))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

The woman got up and looked over at Dante. "Well you certainly look strong enough. I have not seen her get up once. I think she might of eaten something bad. Do you have a car or are you carrying her the whole way to the vets?"

((Boy according to the doctors but my last two friends who had kids both were told a gender and the doctor was wrong both times!))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante gestured back to the front of the house.

"I've got a car. I can just drive her there and if she doesn't have to stay overnight, I'll drive her back again."

He knelt down and patted Lolly. "You poor girl." He looked at her for a moment, and then gently slipped his arms beneath her to lift her up. He wasn't used to carrying a lot of weight in his arms, but luckily he was able to manage Lolly. It wasn't like she was overweight or anything, anyway.

((Haha! My Mum only found out the gender of my sister. After that, when she had me, and then my brother, she didn't bother and just let it be a surprise.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Lolly's tail wagged weakly when Dante knelt by her. It was clear she loved him a lot and was happy to see him.

When he picked her up she whimpered a bit but did not struggle. Being a medium sized dog she was still not the lightest thing between 55 and 60 pounds but not overweight by any means. "I will the get the credit card and bring it out front to you."

((For the two who just had babies and this girl it is their first so I can understand them wanting to know.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante nodded, then carried Lolly around to the car and gently set her down in the back.

"I hope Lolly is okay... Maybe if I keep helping out Rachel's family like this, she might think I'm sensible and responsible enough to date instead of Quinn. Though I can't really compete with frickin' Quinn. He's too experienced in dating to make stupid mistakes."

He gently stroked Lolly's ears as he waited for the woman to come back.

((Yeah, I'd probably want to know too. It'd make shopping easier because then you could just get the pink stuff or blue stuff instead of looking for gender neutral colours.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Lolly whimpered when he put her back down and weakly licked his fingers for a moment. The elderly woman came back with a card. "I think this one is it if not you let me know. Here is my number." She had written down a land line number on a slip of paper.

Thrusting both into Dante's hand she looked down at Lolly. "You take care girl, Rachel still needs you." She patted Lolly then stepped back. "I am sure she will be fine, Lolly likes to investigate and Rachel has taken her in before for eating flowers she should not have."

Giving Dante a hug she turned and went down the drive way towards her house across the street.

((Some of the gender neutral colors are really nice though but then again yellow is my favorite color and I have seen some cute outfits in that color that I would put a boy or girl in.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante took the card and number, and thought it was a little random, but hugged the woman back.

"Okay, so hopefully it's not serious. I'll bring her back a soon as the vet says I can, I'll probably see you then," he sad with a smile, and then set off for the vet's.

The wait was quite long, seeing as he had no appointment, but then finally he got in and got the vet to take a look.

((I've always liked blue. As soon as I was old enough to choose my own clothes, I worked on getting pink out of my wardrobe and replacing it with blue, black and grey. XD Yellow is a nice colour too though. I also see a lot of babies wearing green.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

The vet was an older man and clearly loved animals. Lolly wagged her tail when he came into the room. Going over to Lolly who was on the table he started to look her over. "Any idea what happened? Who are you and where is Miss Parker. I have only ever dealt with her when it comes to Lolly."

He was looking her eyes with a light and moved to her ears as he waited for Dante to respond.

((I wish I could wear yellow but I am just too pale for it. I worked on getting dresses out of my wardrobe as soon as I could. All my grandmother put me as a kid pretty much. I like a lot of colors though gets boring having just one color in the closet.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante shook his head.

"I don't know what happened. I'm Dante, a friend of Rachel's. She's unable to bring Lolly in so I did instead."

He looked around the room. It reminded him of a hospital, but it didn't make him feel sick. At least he knew that humans didn't come here to die or struggle to survive.

((I'm pale too, but I wear whatever colours I feel like anyway. I did the same thing - I threw out everything that was pink, along with dresses and skirts. I donated them to the Salvation Army and worked on getting more jeans and stuff instead.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

The vet nodded a bit and shut off the light. "I need you to go to the waiting room. Seems she ate something she should not of and now her stomach needs to be pumped. After that she will need some pills taken every six hours and lots of water to flush out anything left in her system. She cannot be left alone I hope that will not be a problem."

The vet started getting out some tools to work on Lolly and began washing his hands. A vet technician came in a few minutes later to assist.

((I wont do that if I think it looks icky on me then I will not wear it. I like wearing pink, red more though red goes really well with my hair color and natural highlights.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
]User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante nodded and wentto the waiting room after gently patting Lolly on the head.

He sat down and fliPped through a magazine. At least this one didn't have a bite out of it.

((About to go to work, will be back in 7 hours. ^_^ ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

The vet was with Lolly about an hour. The assistant came out to find Dante and handed him a bottle of pills. "These can be put in cheese or something to get her to swallow them, every six hours until they are all gone. Do not leave her alone. She can walk now if need be but better if someone carries her just for today. Lots and lots of water to flush out her system. Any questions?"

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff