Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Bleh, those ones are impossible. That one my Dad had of the sunset, with the extra decoy pieces. That was a nightmare."

Quinn nodded. "The DS can be a huge pain with battery life. Some batches of the DS XL had a fault where the battery wouldn't charge at all sometimes. The earlier ones are a lot more reliable, not to mention cute, and they come with bragging rights since they can be difficult to find now."

He caught up with Rachel and Dante. "This place is basically built out of smiles and lollipops. I wouldn't be surprised if the lights were powered by hugs."

((Yeah, you can definitely tell if somebody has been in Australia their entire life.

I barely ever fall asleep either, usually just when I'm sick and watching a movie to keep my mind off it. There are a load of movies leading up the The Avengers, so it can be a little annoying or hard to keep track of, but it's well worth it if you have the time. Though I could be biased because my top ten movies are all superhero movies.

Ah, so really it was just one of those gross-out movies? I'm not a fan of those either. I don't hate them but when they're over the top it just bugs me.

Haha, basically, yeah. I've been eating it as long as I remember. ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"Yeah those take years to do and a dozen people at least."
Rachel suddenly realized that Quinn and Liz were gone, she was about to ask Dante if he had seen them when they walked up. With all the fun things to look as she had totally forgotten what Quinn had said about safety. Feeling a bit guilty she decided to pay better attention, it would be horrible if Dante got taken again. Knowing Violet she would do anything to shut Dante up.

"That sure would be a fun way to build a place. If only it was powered by hugs then they would not have to pay an electrical bill and maybe some of the little things would be a more reasonable price."
It was clear to Liz that the hour they had sat aside for this was not nearly enough time and as it was they had already used half an hour. A vast amount of the store still needed to be explored. "We should come back here some time when things calm down a bit." She gave Dante a nasty glare for a moment, it was clear she was still angry with him.

((Different parts of the world have different accents, I am told at times I have one.

I only saw a few movies before the Avengers, superhero movies are not really my thing. I prefer love story comedy or fantasy.

It was just icky, that is all I got from it. I never bothered to try to watch the rest which is unlike me.

In the US we get peanut butter instead of Vegemite. I think I will just stick with that if I need something on a cracker.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante gave Liz a sheepish smile, not wanting to get into a fight in the middle of a crowded shop.

"We've still got time, unless there's another place anyone wants to go around here."

Quinn had picked up a couple of things on his way back to Dante and Rachel, and nodded in agreement.

"There are a few other places you girls might like, so if you're done looking around it should be okay to wander a little and check out a couple more shops if you want. As long as we stick together we should be okay."

((People get confused by mine since it's a mixed one. I notice though that a lot of US movies don't seem to have people with strong accents. They usually seem kind of neutral, unless it's set in the south or something.

I'll watch nearly anything, really.

Yeah, I usually go back and finish watching movies too, but if I truly hate it I don't bother.

I can't stand peanuts. Plenty of people eat peanut butter here but you're more likely to find someone eating Vegemite at any given picnic. ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"I want to look around more then. Still a lot to see." Taking Dante's hand she gave him a soft smile. "So can we stay a bit longer?" Since Dante had been acting oddly she wanted to clear things with him first. While Quinn tended to say yes he seemed a bit paranoid about them being out in public for too long.

Liz was still glaring at Dante, the nerve of him acting like nothing had happened. Typical of course, he was such a drama queen. Turning to Quinn Liz's gaze softened. "While I am sure lots of other places are cool around here I am with Rach, I want to see more things here."

((Yes the US likes to make sure everyone can understand actors and actresses. Sometimes I have a hard time understanding the deep south accent.

I try to be diverse in what I watch but some things I just do not like. Such as wrestling my boyfriend is really into and I think he wants me to like it too but I just do not.

Really rare for me not to do that but I really disliked the movie.

I love peanuts and peanut butter. So yummy. Just difference in what people like though. I know several people who hate peanut butter.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante shrugged one shoulder. "Whatever my pretty princess wants."

Quinn pretended to scratch his forehead to hide his eyes from Rachel and Dante, then rolled them when only Liz could see, as if to say "Do you believe the nerve of that guy?"

"I guess it's settled then, we'll look around here some more."

((I guess it's difficult for people who aren't local to understand some things. In Australia there's a load of slang I barely pay attention to, but tourists would be utterly confused by.

Haha, I used to play the Smackdown vs Raw games on PS2 but never watched the TV shows. I'm not interested in any kind of sport, let alone something like wrestling. The big thing over here is Australian Rules Football, and the two types of rugby. Every morning news report has something on about a recent game, or some player caught in a scandal, or someone who got injured.

Thank you for the present! biggrin I love it! ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"Dante...." Rachel turned bright red from his comment. "You say the silliest things." Not wanting him to say something embarrassing again she took his hand. "Which way should we go now?" The store was steadily getting more crowded.

Liz's glare did not soften on Dante at all, her anger would not be easily chased away. Plus his comments seemed phoney to her. After all he was horrible to Rachel and actions spoke louder then words.

Seeing Quinn roll his eyes she felt her icy mask slip and for a moment a small smile touched her face. Resiting the urge to laugh she gave Dante yet another icy glare before taking Quinn's hand. "Do you have a favorite part of the store?" She was not being flirty just with the crowd she did not want to lose him.

((lol I confuse tourists all the time. It is amusing sometimes. They will be like why gator heads in a German town and I am like well this is an Australian store and they are like what is that doing in a German town. I just tell them that they took a mini trip to Australia but most of them just look baffled.

I am not interested in sports at all either. They are boring but most guys seem to be into them. Just seems ridiculous to me especially wrestling.

I am glad you like your birthday present. Did you have a nice day?))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."How about we duck down that aisle? It doesn't look as crowded." Dante pointed to an aisle just a few steps away.

"To be honest, I love just about everything here. Especially the really cute stuff. I already embarrassed myself in front of Rachel with my adorable Pokemon team." For a moment Quinn was startled when she took his hand, but reasoned it was the best way not to get separated and gently curled his fingers around hers, taking care not to press on any of the sore skin. Normally he wouldn't be so delicate, but she was hurt and he didn't want to add to it.

((Ahaha, I find it a little odd too, to be honest. Then again we have Aussie shops that sell odd things too, but we're actually in Australia to start with.

We just had a huge sports game last night, the State of Origin. It's basically just a face-off by the states of Queensland and New South Wales to determine who's better, it's a big deal apparently but I don't care about it.

Yeah, it was fun. smile For the most part I was hanging at home and opened stuff up in the evening. There's also a new exhibit open at the museum and when we go it's gonna be my belated day out for my birthday. They have some Egyptian artifacts and such, so I'm excited. ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel nodded. "That sounds like a great plan. Come on handsome." Squeezing Dante's hand tenderly she moved with him into the aisle. It was full of Pokemon beanie babies. "Oh my gosh, they are all so cute."

Shelf after shelf of colorful Pokemon and they were all sorted by generation. "Hmm Bayleef would be Johto league." Moving along the row Rachel looked for the second generation Pokemon.

Right away Liz noticed that Quinn seemed to hesitate when she took his hand. Typical of him, always a rock with his emotions just like Rachel said. "I am not going to bite you Quinn. Really you need to learn to lighten up a tiny bit." Giggling a bit she followed Rachel and Dante into the next aisle. Turning she acted like she was looking at a Pokemon. Lowering he voice she smiled a bit and said just loud enough for Quinn to hear. "Thanks for not drawing blood, I know you are not used to being gentle."

Seeing Rachel and Dante further down the aisle she figured that was where the old school Pokemon were so she quickly pulled free of Quinn's hand and rushed down to them. Within a few seconds she had spied the Squirtle section. Surprisingly a few different types were on the shelf. Smiling brightly she picked up a Squirtle wearing sunglasses and laughed softly.

((I just get sick of answering stupid questions all day long. I get asked all the time where a shop is and it is right next to us. Has a huge sign and everything. That question pops up at least a dozen times a day.

Sounds like me not caring about the Superbowl.

Did you get some nice presents? Have you gone to the exhibit yet? Was it fun if you went already?

Sorry I have been super slow. I worked a lot then I was out of town for a family weekend. I ended up dumping that guy I was dating Saturday. He was cool when I meet him but wanted to be exclusive fast so I sort of went along with it. He did treat me great at first but then as time wore on he got really odd. We date like two months and I knew if I was seeing odd things something was wrong. After I dumped him got a bit verbal with me and left, which was what I wanted. Then he proceeded to text me nasty things, send me creepy messages on Facebook, and then a bunch of emails (a couple he threatened me). I told him to leave me alone and kept the things as evidence just for information if I need it. He was saying he was going to get his friends and come get me.

I just think he is a but unstable and I meet him at a stable moment but he could not keep it. There is a reason he has not been in a long relationship.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."Bayleef is really cute but I've still got a soft spot for Bulbasaur." Dante gently tickled Rachel's palm with his fingertips and smiled at her. "Hey, Bayleef." He pointed upward where the display had a variety of Bayleef items just over his head.

"Yeah, sorry, I'm too much of a rock sometimes." Quinn still felt incredibly guilty about cheating on Rachel with Liz, but he thought Liz would make a good girlfriend if he was over Rachel. She was really gorgeous and didn't take crap from anybody. He snapped out of his little daydream when she spoke so he could answer her. "It's okay. I don't get many chances to be gentle in the first place so it's kind of nice."

((People do ask some really dumb things. Sometimes it's only a momentary lapse in attention but I've heard some dumb stuff too.

Yeah, I got some great stuff. I haven't been to the exhibit yet but I will be soon. I've set money aside to get stuff from the gift shop, but the only thing I want for sure is the program.

That's okay, I've been slow too.

Man, if he did all that then obviously he wasn't too good for you anyway. You're too good to deal with that.

I actually got dumped a few days ago, so I'm kind of sorting through that. At the moment it really hurts but I'm trying to do things as usual and carry on, make myself busy with all the little things I keep saying I need to do but keep putting off. So far it's going okay because I haven't got much free time to dwell on it. It hurts but I'll live, even if it takes a while to recover.

So did you go anywhere interesting with your family? My family trips are usually day trips, it's been a while since we went out and stayed out overnight. ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"You found him, there is that cute little Bayleef." Looking around quickly and seeing no one watching them Rachel gave Dante a quick kiss on the cheek. "Thanks sweetie, you are the best." Letting of his hand she picked up a couple Bayleefs. One had a wreath of flowers on his head the other one had moveable legs so it could lie down or stand up.

Liz giggled softly. "Hmm well next time I see you being a rock I shall find a way to snap you out of it so keep that in mind." Laughing again she showed the Squirtle to Quinn. "What do you think of this one? I think I like Ash's Squirtle because he has attitude." As the morning wore on the store started to get busier and more people were entering the row they were in. It seemed the Pokemon beanie babies were popular with everyone.

((I do not have time to properly reply. I just wanted to say I am sorry, I know how much it hurts when you have deep feelings for a person and things do not work out. *hugs* Time does make it easier, I can't say how much time though. Every now and then I still think about my ex and wonder things.

Sorry it took me a bit to reply properly, life has been busy and stressful for me. My boss at my job is just totally insane.

I am so jealous that you are going to the exhbit. I would love to go one like that. I want to hear all about it after you go.

It seems hard to find a decent human being to be with. All the ones I find are wacky. One that helps me when I am still sad over my ex is writing about it. Sometimes I burn what I write other times I just tear it up and throw it away.

Well we over Friday, it is a three to four hour drive depending on traffic. Then Saturday we all went to the zoo. It was fun but since I knew I had to dump that guy I had a rough time, my back was also out so I could not see the animals too well or move too fast. I think we are going to go back later in the summer. I hope so. I like that zoo a lot, not like a typical zoo they have a huge free roaming area so the deer and stuff are not in small pens. The cat pens are not too big but not as small as some I have seen but in the back they have a lot more room for them and they only put the cats in the pen for a few hours a day. They have three or four of each type so the animals do get rotated and don't have to be confined for too long. I do not like going to the zoo and seeing an animal in a super tiny cage or swimming area. I think it is mean to them. Most of the animals at this zoo were hurt in the wild and cannot live on their own anymore. Like the eagles are flightless which I think is sad, I am sure they miss flying. They just got some fox kits, the mother was killed by a hunter but people stopped him before shooting the babies.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.Dante smiled and looked around at the other items on the shelves. "I think it would be fun to design these all day, to choose all the fabrics and stuff."

Quinn thought Liz had a nice laugh. "I remember Ash's Squirtle wore sunglasses a few times. I don't mind Jigglypuff either, when it'd draw things on people if they fell asleep while it sang."

(( Thanks. (Hugs!) I hope time eases things but I want to be happy NOW, haha.

Man, if your boss keeps picking on you maybe you're better off filing a complaint if there's a corporate HQ or something. If work is so miserable because of her then hopefully there's someone higher than her you can take it to, or is it only local?

I went the other day and it was great! They had some sarcophagi and gave out these little cards at the entrance, like a little game where you had to find the person on your card in the exhibit. Then at the end they had a massive set of scales and you got to try to balance a weight with their name on it against a huge model feather to release them into the afterlife symbolically. I got the guidebook afterward and it has extra information about all the items. They had loads of things, from little combs and makeup boxes, and they even had two mummies. They were very small but the descriptions said they were adults, so Ancient Egyptians must have been pretty short.

I'm surviving by trying not to dwell on things. I keep finding little things to do and distracting myself. Writing it down does sound like a good idea though.

Wow, that zoo sounds great. I'd like to pat a deer one day, there's a temple in Japan somewhere where they just walk around all day and you can give treats to them. It's nice that the animals get another chance, but not being able to fly must suck for the eagles. At least they'll have space to move on the ground though, so that's something.))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

"I agree, that would be a ton of fun. Seems like I got a fall back job if veterinary school does not work for me." Putting the toys back on the shelf Rachel looked over and saw that Quinn and Liz were busy talking. Smiling she leaned up and kissed Dante on the cheek softly. Keeping her voice low so only he would hear she whispered in his ear. "I am so happy we get to do this today. I miss just getting to do normal things with you and having some fun. I know times have been stressful for you but I love spending time with you when you are not letting the stress get to you." Giving his cheek another quick kiss she dropped down to the flats of her feet. "We should spend some time later today just the two of us."

Giggling once more Liz put the Squirtle toy down. "Yeah Ash's Squirtle had attitude, it was one of many things that made him so loveable." Turning Liz grinned a bit and poked Quinn's cheek playfully. "If I ever sing and you fall asleep I shall draw on your face. A fake mustache and a cute little heart." Looking back at the shelf she found a Jigglypuff. "This little pink blop is pretty cute. I never would have taken you for a fan of cute Pokemon. Figured you would enjoy the macho ones like Machoke. I think it is cute you like the adorable Pokemon. Don't worry I shall keep your secret, pretend to be a rock all you want but I know that is not true." Giving him a wink she moved to join Rachel and Dante. "Ready to go to another row Rach?"

((I know that feeling. I am having horrible luck with dating and my job is not my favorite so little to be happy about for me as well. I know this sounds harsh but I think being with someone and then it not working makes a person appreciate it all the more when they find someone they can work with. At least that is how I see things. I could be wrong, sometimes I fear I am still in love with my ex.

No corporate headquarters, just a small business and she is married to the owner. He got a prenuptial before they married but he just lets her run the store. A few places are hiring part time and I am thinking of doing that over full time at this place. She is such a harsh person and just flat out mean to me a lot of the time.

That sounds so exciting. I am so jealous, I would love to see an exhibit like that some day. I can imagine Egyptians being shorter. I go into older houses and have to duck at doorways, I am not over six feet so I am no giant by any means. I find it fascinating how people change as the environment changes and as time progresses.

Just take it one day at a time. Does get easier but some days can be harder then others. I try to watch something funny or look at cute animal websites when I am having a hard time.

Does Australia have deer? I know stupid question but I get asked a lot of stupid questions at my job. This does not relate to Australia but the other day someone walked up to me and asked me what town they were in. I told them they looked more confused and asked what state they were in. That temple in Japan sounds awesome, I would love to visit some temples in Japan some day. Sure they have the ground but to go from soaring hundreds of feet above the ground at any moment to just hopping around would be sad.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."You'll make a great vet. You have all the kindness and gentleness for it." Dante smiled as she whispered in his ear and gently pulled her closer. "I'm sorry for being such an a** lately. Lemme make it up to you, pick some stuff out. It's the least I can do after being such a jerk."

Quinn playfully screwed up his nose as she poked his cheek. "My whole Pokemon team is adorable. Quite a few of them are pink, too. Not my favourite colour but I don't hate it either." As Liz moved on ahead, he glanced around to make sure nobody seemed to be dangerous, then moved up to join them.

((Yeah, I think it's easier to appreciate something real after a bit of torment, too. It'll eventually get easier, I suppose.

Agh, so then there's not really anything to be done besides apply elsewhere. The pay might be less part-time but the trade off might be worth it if she's such a pain.

Yeah, it's brilliant. Even generation-by-generation people are getting taller, you can see kids already taller than both parents even at 13, nowadays. Ancient civilisations fascinate me and I love reading up on them.

I guess it's all I can do, huh? I'm just trying to focus on what makes me happy at the moment and read funny stories or watch documentaries, which keep my mind off it. I like cute animals too, YouTube is truly a wonderful thing.

I've never seen any in the wild but there are some introduced types. We don't have any that occur naturally, though. And whoa, seriously? How could someone not be aware which town they're in? Surely they'd see a welcome sign on the way in or something. And not knowing the state is weirder because there'd be a toll booth or something, right? I'd like to go to a few places, but the temple sounds like one of the best to go to. Yeah, it would be sad, but the bright side is they'll be looked after and have people to care for them.

Sorry my replies keep taking so long, life is a little hectic right now. sweatdrop ))

Rainbow Sweetheart

User Image

Rachel shook her head no. "That is nice of you to offer Dante but we are on a budget so it might be best not to spend money recklessly. Plus if it is a make up gift you should chose it." Looking over at Liz for a moment she looked back at Dante. "Would not hurt to try to make the peace with Liz though."

Liz bit her tongue and did not say anything, it would have been too easy to torment Quinn about his pink team.

Tim had gotten the message about all of them going to the Pokemon center and was outside it. Something seemed wrong. While people were in the street it was too quiet. Rushing inside he moved through the crowd efficiently trying to find them. Seeing them down an aisle he quickly joined them and singled Quinn out. Moving up next to him he spoke into his ear softly. "Something is wrong." Sure he did not like the guy but he was needed to keep Rachel and Liz safe.

((It does get easier, hard to believe at times and even if you get set backs a new day brings something different.

I would take a pay and hour cut. I have been applying other places but nothing so far. I am just tired of being treated badly.

That is so true. I get kids that look 17/18 and are 12/13 because they are so tall.

Cute and fun things are always nice to look at. I have been so busy I have not had time to think lately. In a way I like it but in another way I do not like it. Not sure how that makes sense.

Signs all over the place and the town is a famous tourist destination so it baffles me someone could be lost. No toll booths between states but signs saying you are now entering such and such state.

Don't worry about it. My life is hectic as well. I want somethings to calm down for me.))

Unbeatable Friend

6,900 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Wall Street 200
  • Bunny Hunter 100
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show."I guess you're right, I'll try to find something you'll like. And something for Liz too, since I do owe her for being an a** to her too." Dante looked around the surrounding shelves, trying to find something they might like.

As Tim approached, Quinn had turned to look at him, and immediately switched into work mode. It was almost robotic, how the relaxation dropped off his face, to be replaced with complete alertness.

"Okay, what is it? Should we get out of here?" Though he couldn't say he was a fan of Tim, they were in essentially the same line of work and he felt he could trust his professional opinion.

((I've managed to distract myself a bit lately and it's not hurting as much now.

I hope you find another place to work because it sounds stressful and just not worth the abuse.

I'm the same, when you don't get time to think you have no time to stress, but also no time to relax either.

Ah, I always thought there would be toll booths. I've never driven into another state here though but always assumed there'd be booths or something.

I hope things calm down for you so you can have more time to relax. Keeping busy is good and all but not when there's no time to do what you want. ))

Quick Reply

Submit
Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff